All Comments on 'A Very Good Jeeves'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
jackfrostedjackfrostedalmost 10 years ago
Potty indeed

a bit to 'slap stick' for my jaded taste.

Jack

fletchers_arrowfletchers_arrowalmost 10 years ago
boring

Maybe it's me but not a fan of this story.

fanfarefanfarealmost 10 years ago
Cads, Bounders and Ruffians!

I say Old Bean, what is becuming of Jolly Old Brittania. With her knickers down and her arse up, Oh, who will save her from a Fate Worse Then Death?

Why, that Penultimate Gentleman's Gentleman Jeeves! The master of proper servile ubiquitous ministrations.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 9 years ago
Fun with the langiage -

And fun with the take off on the series -

Extreme it was but maintained -

So the remaining question in my mind is did Jeeves do Maude too?? He seems to have gotten every other functioning woman in the story - possibly excluding Millie of course as she never spent any time (that we know of) with him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Hmm. Be careful who you choose to parody

I'm sorry but this failed on just about every level. Wodehouse style it is not. I found it rather cringeworthy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good fun

Entertaining romp a la Jeeves & Bertie Wooster. Modestly sexy and diverting. If you know the PG Wodehouse stories, this is worth a look.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I SAY OLD CHAP....WHAT A JOLLY GOOD WHEEZE...

Love taking the piss out of the pillocks of society....as long as it is old money they can get away with any thing...and they don't like modern day self made millionaires...NEW MONEY....as considered uncouth and scoundrels...I know people who have waited on at formal dinners given by the landed gentry...when the conversation gets around to who is sleeping with who is discussed quite openly....knowing that the servants wont say a thing in fear of losing jobs and homes...each night they do it all again and change partners...and the think they are the upstanding pillocks they are.....

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
1289 Followers
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...