All Comments on 'Rock and Water Ch. 08'

by jhollander

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 9 years ago
Wow

Deep, lustful and dark.

That sure upped the ante some.

Beautifully written and oh sooo intense. I can't help but still feel though that Patrick is definitely on the dark side of the coin. I am left wondering just where his domination will stop. Methinks the last two chapters are going to get darker yet....and I can't wait to read them :-)

Thank you justa for a lovely read.

mel_pomenemel_pomeneover 9 years ago
It's been a while ...

... but it has been well worth the wait! I can hardly wait for the next chapter -- please don't leave it so long next time -- perhaps another five big ones will help speed your pen. Thank you lots.

PlusherPlusherover 9 years ago
wow!!

mmmmmm...beautiful...the way You pain these characters is so real...i've said it before and i'll say it again...just keep going

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlover 9 years ago
definitely deeper and darker...

...and i am left torn between absolutely loving the intensity, and fearing it at the same time. i do trust Patrick and Corrine both, but am still a bit concerned for them too... which only makes me want to know what happens next!

wonderful writing and blistering hot as always :-))

sassysuzazsassysuzazover 9 years ago
Wonderfully erotic...

And leaves me yearning for more and more chapters. And my very own Patrick. Thank you for sharing this story. Xo

funinthesungirl19funinthesungirl19over 9 years ago
Perfection!

Ah, Justahole. I was so excited yesterday morning when I saw your story, but perhaps it was a mistake reading this on my phone at the gym? It was such an awkward place to be completely turned-on. Pressing your legs together while on the treadmill is quite hard to do!

The story is lovely and perfect. I typically don't like the whole 'call me master' thing, but you did it so beautifully, and so very organically, that you might have brought me around! And perhaps you meant to end it on a cliff-hanger, or perhaps you didn't, but I'm left here wondering - what does he mean? Deeper submission?

I guess I'll have to keep stalking Lit to find out!

Shysub412Shysub412over 9 years ago
Well worth the wait!!

I almost missed this. I'm sorry I'm late to the party, I've had a weekend away with little Internet. You've made my homecoming a lot happier!!

A lovely chapter, your characters seem to come more and more alive with each instalment. It's been like meeting up with old friends this morning!

I must admit though, Patrick sent a few shivers down my spine and not all good ones. I guess seeing more into his darker side will take some getting used to. A testament to how good a writer you are.

I'm torn now knowing there are only 2 more chapters to go but the hurry up and write side is winning!!!!!!

5 stars and a thank you.

North200North200over 9 years ago
A powerful story

Intense emotion, hot sex and a well-constructed plot that leaves me wondering what will happen next. I'm interested to see where their relationship goes from here as her submission grows deeper and his control more encompassing...

eaglejet1eaglejet1over 9 years ago
Awesome....

as usual. And like another person commented...definitely worth the wait.

So sad its almost over but at the same time wondering what's going to happen.

5 more stars from me.

jhollanderjhollanderover 9 years agoAuthor
Thank you!

Thank you to all who have taken the time to read and comment on this chapter!! It means the world to me, and makes me a better author for it. Also, thank you for the understanding about the longer delays between chapters. I wish I could get them out faster, but time to write has been limited.

I know the past few chapters have had Corrine and Patrick explore darker waters, but I want to assure all those concerned for them that while they both have a shared interest in some of the grittier aspects of bdsm (name calling, humiliation, etc...), and boundaries have been tested, their relationship is based on one of love and respect. I hope future chapters will reassure you of this!

visioneervisioneerover 9 years ago

This is a beautifully told, emotionally mature, love story. There is so much more here than BDSM. Exceptional writing.

LBGrantLBGrantover 9 years ago
Wow, I've been missing quite the chapter!

Wow...just wow. Great job with this chapter justahole. I had fallen behind on my Lit reading, but I am so happy I made time to catch up tonight. I loved this chapter. As you know, I'm not afraid to 'go dark' as long as there is love at the center and I trust Patrick and Corrine to keep love at the center of their relationship. I loved the scene with Kym at the gym too, but my favorite will always be those intense, introspective emotions that we get to see as our characters grow. Great job lady!

~LB/Livia

PS - Thanks funinthesungirl for the heads up on what I was missing! :)

DeathAndTaxesDeathAndTaxesover 9 years ago
Mad Props

You know, fisting isn't my kink, and you managed to make that scene hot for me. Corrine's experience of the event said everything a reader needed to hear to make it sensual, and raw. You could feel how she was overwhelmed with desire, and that's why it's great.

I don't know why I thought 7 was going to be the last chapter on this story. Clearly I was confused (happens more than I'd like to admit). But now that I know there are two more, I can get all excited again! All of the stars, and all of the thumbs up!!

bella_minxbella_minxover 9 years ago
Love this series!

Oh my goodness! I couldn't out this down. I just started chapter one a few days ago. Please, please continue their story! I can't wait to hear about the trip to London. Excellent writing, character development and well everything! One point of constructive criticism, have another set of eyes proofread for minor errors in grammar and typos.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Master Patrick

I have enjoyed this story and the excellent writing craftsmanship. Lately though I have come to dislike Patrick and this last chapter intensified the dislike.

by his own admission he became a bully when the relationship with his wife deteriorated. He blamed her for her lack of honesty and desire to keep the BDSM as bedroom only. She left him for another man. He seems possessive and manipulative - reaction to her leaving maybe.

Starting with the butt full of cum and then taking Corrine to a restaurant I began to sour on Patrick - seemed immature need to claim ownership even after she told him she loved him. He then fingers her at the restaurant to further claim ownership after he finds out about Marcus and Corrine's previous make out session. I know that was a plot devise to introduce that hot flogging scene - but still not the act of respect.

The Pete issue further shows behavior that lacks respect. He grudging keeps the relationship private but puts her into submission as soon as Pete leaves. Why - to remind her she insisted on something he doesn't accept. When Pete wanders in and sees Corrine in submission posture Patrick's first concern is not Corrine's mortification but with asserting his authority - some respect! He then creates a questioning/discussion scene that manipulates insecure and needy Corrine into a fundamental change in their relationship.

At the end of the chapter Corrine seems to wake up and realize that she doesn't know what the "greedy" Master means by further submission but dismisses her concerns with blind trust in Patrick. I think she misses that Patrick is in love with his dominance and the escalation that he needs to feed it.

Trip to London should be interesting. Will Patrick be able to resist the need to do some childish act of possession when they are around the ex husband Frank?

I like the metaphor of Rock and Water. Just thinking the Water needs to wear the Rock or move on. Corrine has had the luxury of her daughter's absence to explore her kinky side. The return of a mother's responsibility will be a challenge too.

Love happy endings - would just like to have a better regard for Patrick. At this point in the story I think he is in the asshole category.

Great writing!

Craiga

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank you, Anonymous!

You said everything I was thinking, but couldn't find a way to say without sounding petty and angry. I get that this story is admired by many, and the idea of the hot, sexy dominant male is such a great fantasy.

I think the author really wants the restaurant scene and the discovery scene at home to be acceptable, but I can't get there - not any way she rewrites it - especially now that Patrick expects that the "playing" isn't playing - it's real. Which is, well, awful.

Why is it that when a "dom" pushes past a sub's limits it's to "help" her "grow" - like just saying that makes it true. Why can't he accept that she knows herself well enough to know that she will never, ever want that? That's the requirement - that he knows her better than she knows herself. And, I just don't buy that about this couple. She knows herself. She knows who she is. He doesn't know better. He just wants something a particular way and will manipulate language and emotion to justify his actions. He's horrible. He's more frightening than an obvious abuser because he seems so reasonable. Run away, girl. He will kill who you are. I know that's not the story the author intends, but that's the truth as I see it. Saying otherwise doesn't make it so. In Patrick's action we see the truth, not his words. This is not the popular opinion. I get that. The quality of the writing is top-notch - at least technically - but there is a lack of truth in the story. The actions of the character do not match the qualities as described, in my opinion. I'm not being very articulate here, and I apologize for that.

jhollanderjhollanderover 9 years agoAuthor
Thank you Anons

To both Anons, I want to genuinely thank you for your insights, and the time and thought you put into your comments. I assure you, you are not the first to express distaste for Patrick's recent decisions and behavior. I accept it as a fault in my writing that I am not conveying his intentions well, but I assure you he is not a bully, and not trying to be manipulative. The two are on equal standing on how far and deep they would like to experience power exchange with each other, and both want it to feel real, rather than roles that can be picked up and dropped on whim. That said, there is no question that in any relationship involving concensual power exchange roles are being adopted, and these two may be fooling themselves about how real it truly is.

Chapter 9 is in progress, and you are right to wonder how it will all play out with her daughter and ex-husband in the picture. I'm having fun writing this one....

Again, though, I truly appreciate your comments and please do comment again, especially if you have concerns. I can only become a better story teller and writer from the feedback I get, both positive or critical.

FA_JFFA_JFover 9 years ago
A supremely important stop on my catching up on commenting tour...

First, JaH...mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa for not giving you the timely public props you so richly deserve for this chapter.

Getting darker/edgier with beloved characters, in what is at its core a love story, is bold and risky. You are doing so very well at it. Safe is easy... ;)

About the concerns people have expressed...There is always the eye-of-the-beholder problem. I know I seem to be the queen of hollering at various stories that 'the emperor has no clothes!' We have had robust discussions, but the wonderful thing is that you have a strong and clear vision of your characters, and they ARE among the best characters around.

You started this journey head and shoulders above most and have gotten even better all along. There will be time during your editing for publication to polish up areas you feel weren't conveying what you wanted. And yes, I said publish.

purple_stonepurple_stoneover 9 years ago
Ugh. Comments.

First of all, great, great chapter. The evolving of the roles is perfect. I completely get where she's coming from and his possessiveness. That he stopped her from exiting the kitchen and from panicking and demanded her submission is what dominance is all about. It's not submission when you choose to give it only when you feel like it. It has to be demanded if needed. People push the boundaries, especially when they're stressed. I prefer his reaction a thousand times more than letting it all crumble then rebuild the structure later, dealing with the mess. If she can't count on him to be dominant when she most needs it, when she most challenges it, then why bother submitting in the first place?

With that said, I wouldn't appreciate the shift of relationship dynamics and the serious conversation while put on display and performing for partner, because this would put me at most vulnerable and in need of protection. So whatever he demanded at that point, well, it would be either accept it or run for the hills type of situation for me. It's like discussing the limits while high on drugs or alcohol or high on endorphins or just horny as hell. Which, in this case, was indeed the case. Sorry, this part is really questionable. For me, of course. :) There's a fine line between pushing and pushing too far. Submissives have a tough job finding the difference as well, but I always fall back on my instincts. And obviously, this girl's instincts told her she could trust him. So she does. He never did anything out of what she wanted anyway, the fact that they were discovered was an incident and since she was distressed, she wouldn't let him calm her down any other way than he did. Everyone is different and this woman's needs go far beyond what most of us are comfortable with. Let's take fisting for example. I don't want it, I don't read about it, it reminds me too much of a childbirth and that wasn't a good experience for me, so that's a hard limit for me personally. With that said, I gave it a chance two times in my life, namely to read about it. With Cherise Sinclair and you. Both times I got it. I got what the characters found attractive about it, both times I found it believable and possible. Don't know if you've read Sinclair, but in my eyes the comparison alone should be taken as a compliment. :)

The possessiveness that people had much problem with, I find attractive, the integral part of what taking submission and dominance to a new level. It takes a lot to trust someone, it takes a whole lot more to give yourself to them on such high level. And in return, the man SHOULD feel possessive and protective. I think he was way inside the line of what was appropriate, especially with interaction with another male character (referring to the restaurant here). The play underneath the table was pushing her limits, not stating his claim, and even if he did, there's nothing wrong with it! If only more men did that, because along with that comes huge responsibility for the one claimed. Isn't belonging to someone the eternal wish of a submissive?! Why is that a problem then? Think. It's how you've been raised, it's what your parents wanted you to believe, that you're independent, that you're emancipated, that you can do it all alone and be proud of it! No one, NO ONE told us how good it would be to give yourself to another human being, to let go of all your inhibitions and to feel whatever you want to feel! No one told us how impossibly fulfilling it would be to get that level care and nurture in return, that level that can only be achieved my the dominant frame of mind, because in order to be able to push you to leave your inhibitions behind, the Dom has to know you better than you do yourself. If he cares enough to get to that level, well he certainly cares enough to nurture you when you need it. Of course we can do it all alone, but do we really have to? Do we want to?

JaH, you've explained better or should I say differently than anyone else so far, what it means to progress from a Dom to a Master in a relationship. I loved it. But... Doesn't that collide with her hard limit to not be a slave? Maybe I remember wrong, but I think she said she doesn't want that. If I'm mistaken, please forgive me. Because calling someone a Master implies he could call her slave in return, whether he does or doesn't is irrelevant, because the state of mind is certainly the same. Apparently I need to read on, lol... :) Great, great job. You kept me on edge the whole time.

mobytheoceanmobytheoceanover 9 years ago
Great character portrayal

I loved this chapter for the communication of the characters the logic and reasons they react as they do. The power exchange and decision to go further into M/s. I wished the aftercare was more fleshed out but overall wonderful.

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
interesting plot developments

When I first read about squirting, I was skeptical. Even seeing video porn of women squirting did not convince me of anything but to wonder how the film crew faked it.

I know my wife became very wet during our lovemaking. I do not remember noticing with preceding lovers. Finally I decided to research the phenomena on Wiki and some of the Women's Medical sites.

There has been a lot of controversy. Especially since women can suffer a number of medical conditions from loss of bladder control to infections to confusion over what is vaginal lubrication and what is not.

It seems that this subject is one of those issues where different women react differently to the same stimuli. In my opinion, I think 'squirting' is a natural part of the childbirth process.

When a baby's on it's way, everybody is too damn busy to pay any attention to excessive bodily fluids. In addition to lubricating the birth canal, I also am of the opinion that it is a method to relieve the mother's body of excessive body heat.

Remember, Mammal? That is why some women are able to squirt during extreme sexual stimulation. To keep their internal organs within a safe temperature range.

This reminds of a puzzlement I wrote about a while ago for a philosophy class. That I call the Asparagus Quandary.

Research has shown that for people who have eaten asparagus. Some can smell it in their own pee and in other consumers pee. Some can only smell it in their own pee. Some can only smell it in other peoples pee.

For instance I cannot stand to eat canned or boiled asparagus. I can only enjoy baby asparagus that has been lightly steamed or grilled. Everybody responds differently.

And why? There is no why, there is results. Throughout human history, about ten/eleven percent of the population is born left-handed. Chirality among organics and left-twisting amino-acids.

Right now there are big arguments going on among Astrophysicists and Cosmologists on the subject of the Big Bang and why is this Universe is missing all it's original anti-matter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Magical

I was transported to another space. Thank you writer for taking my mind, my thoughts to another place.

sweetone66sweetone66about 9 years ago
I would give this chapter 10 stars if I could....

You are an excellent word smith and a great story teller. This story is hot, hot, hot and this chapter is the hottest of all!!!! I hope the following chapters are as good as the previous ones, but doubt they can measure up to this one!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
just not into fisting

i know you'd warned of it in an earlier chapter, but I did hope that you wouldn't go there.

Have loved the series so far, have loved the character and relationship development but as soon as I realised there would be fisting in this chapter, I got so turned off I just won't be able to read to the end of the series.

Thanks for the previous awesome 7 chapters!

curvygirl00curvygirl00almost 7 years ago
The best chapter so far.

Ive come across this story a few years after it was published and have the luxury of reading it all in one go (while waiting for other stories I'm following to have chapter added. lol) This story is so well written and has me hooked.

I am a lot like corine in that I have deep desires that I hope to one day experience but would need the right relationship to do so. It would need to be one just like this. At times I find Patrick a little dark, but then I realise that its my own fears coming into play much like hers. Because ultimately he is allowing her to bring out all of her darkest needs and that, mixed in with insecurities, can be quite scary when its something that's been supressed for so long. To me their kinks seem quite compatible. Lucky girl.

I loved this chapter so much that I had to see what the comments were, thinking that others would feel the same. I was quite surprised to see the negative reactions to the dominate character in this story. I felt that him stopping her from freaking out after they were busted by pete, to be perfect. He stopped her from freaking out and causing a lot more damage than just calling it a game. Ultimately, we are all different and require different things from a relationship and from our submission.

For me this story has helped me in working out my own kink and what I think I might need in a dom. Ill also admit that the fisting scene was hot as hell and let me see the more intimate side of this act. Something that I really enjoyed.

So thank you. Your story might not be for everyone, but clearly to those who it s aimed for, its perfect. xx

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
No more?

I have thoroughly enjoyed this story and wish you'd have written more. Maybe you've taken a long sabbatical?

Anyway, there was one part with which I took issue. Doms are human too, this is not lost on me. However, he broke her trust with a hard limit of Pete seeing her, as well as the "public" aspect of Pete seeing something so intimate. Yes, you had her speak up, but frankly, if he was a Dom worth his leather, he'd have immediately recognized her concern and instead of commanding more from her, he'd have consoled her appropriately - not chastised her for breaking position; certainty not stopped her from getting to a place of "safety".

I feel like many writers here toe the line from D/s to abuse. This was not the case and I don't mean any offense. I can only hope any future writings (which I hope you share) will take this into account.

jhollanderjhollanderabout 5 years agoAuthor
Thank you Anonymous

I agree 100% with your comment. Quite honestly, when I wrote this story I had next to no real life experience. Since then I’ve had the opportunity to experience submission to both wonderful and not so wonderful doms and my eyes are open to how shattering those breaches in trust can be. I truly appreciate you taking the time to not only read my story, but also to bring this poor example of power exchange and trust to light.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous