All Comments on 'The Maid Ch. 04'

by karaline

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
Phil_PatsfanPhil_Patsfanover 9 years ago
A Really good story that was put in the wrong category

I have read every chapter of this story and I really enjoyed it. However, I think you chose the wrong category for it. I think it reads more like a romance or erotic coupling story. One question: where is their relationship going? Is he married and she only a fling? Or is he single and they have a future together? Please keep writing.

karalinekaralineover 9 years agoAuthor
Phil

Are you talking about this instalment? or the whole thing?

I did agonise over which category to put this story in, well I did give it some careful consideration at least. I decided on NonCon/Reluctance even though it is borderline, this was for a few reasons, first of all I think this is a very particular genre. Some people like it, some people don't like it, some people think its tasteless but I think its a fairly unique genre in the respect that some people have far more serious reasons for wanting to avoid it.

Although this story is at the fairly mild end of the spectrum I wanted to be sure that readers weren't going to be unwittingly subjected to a reading experience that they might find triggering. So I will always err on the side on caution when I'm writing anything with reluctance themes. I know that will annoy some people but frankly I rather cause mild annoyance than take any kind of risks with anyones psychological wellbeing.

I have another story up on Literotica which began its life in this category and then I moved it to 'Romance' for chapter 2 and beyond. When I posted the first instalment of The Maid I had a little flurry of emails from cross readers telling me that they had no idea I'd updated The Bank Job because I'd moved it into a different category! So I'm reluctant (if you'll excuse the pun) to move categories for that reason too.

As for your other question, you have to wait and see! But I do intend to keep writing (although possibly not right now because I have a bit of a hangover)

And finally thank you, I'm really pleased you enjoyed it.

funinthesungirl19funinthesungirl19over 9 years ago
Yay another chapter

I'm really enjoying your story! I sort of agree that it seems to be moving into an erotic romance section (not that there's anything wrong with that, I like me some erotic romance!) I'm excited to see where the story might go. (Though as a writer, I kind of agree - it's hard when a story crosses categories. All your readers are in the one category, and you want them to find your story, but if you shift categories, you put that at risk. It's the crazy catch-22 of the writing world!)

DeathAndTaxesDeathAndTaxesover 9 years ago

I always have something odd to point out that isn't even the point of the story. This bit:

"Helen made a space on the kitchen table by clearing some Lego and loom bands out of the way and piling some bills up off to the side"

I like that you wrote the environment to be a normal person's house, with yes, kids' toys and bills on the table like real people. In so many stories, everyone lives in these perfect, spotless, home decor magazine looking places, and it just feels like everything is just too perfect. I like it better this way. :)

In your sex scene, I liked the passage with him paying attention to her legs and the stockings the most. Nice to hear about some other parts of a woman's body getting attention besides just the standard erogenous zones. :)

Nice work once again, karaline!

AmandaSarahAmandaSarahover 9 years ago
Looking forward to the next one!

Such an enjoyable series so far, keep up the awesome writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Wonderful story!! Can't wait for the next chapter! Your characters are well written and relatable...truly enjoy reading you work!

karalinekaralineover 9 years agoAuthor
update

oh thank you Anon, thats really sweet. I am such a sucker for positive feedback :-)

Amanda Sarah, I'm waiting with baited breath for your next update too!

I finished the first draft of Chapter 5 a few days ago and sent it off to my beta reader/editor. It was going to be the final chapter but then I realised there was a conflict that I want to explore further and it seemed a bit rushed so I think there is going to be a chapter 6 too, which might mean some rejigging of chapter 5

also, its a very long chapter, it currently stands at over 10,000 words (for me anyway), so the editing and beta reading will take some time.

So I am writing, and the next chapter will get there eventually but not for at least another week probably two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
More please..

Can't wait to read the next part. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wishing you would consider making it a longer story..

I like "The Maid" a lot. I follow both your story and Carnal Knowledge by Emmeline. When I saw your comment for her latest chapter, I smiled and thought "umm, I guess it isn't a coincidence that I like both these writers:)!!" I fell in love with your writing, Karaline. I like the storyline, and the way you describe the characters and their feelings is very addictive. The sex is great too. And mostly, I find your writing getting better and better as the chapters progress -- same thing with your other story "the bank job". In "the Maid", I think there is enough complexity in the story and potential plot turns that can make it a longer and more fulfilling story. Oh, please!! And like many others, I am anxiously awaiting to read more about Stephano and Andrea ( & Sophia:))! Keep writing!!

karalinekaralineover 9 years agoAuthor
new chapter

so sorry about the delay but in case you're reading the comments here because you're looking for updates a new chapter is now pending, check back on Wednesday, all being well it should be up by then….

as things stand there will be six chapters in total, I would make the story longer if there was sufficient plot jumping out at me but there isn't at the moment. (I have commented on my views on many chaptered stories in the comments section of chapter 4 of the bank job -if you're really interested?! but i do have a lot of other ideas for stories so hopefully that will go someway to making up for their length (hope so)

always_yesalways_yesover 9 years ago
Fantastic

You've evolved these characters so well and so quickly! What started out as just hot scenes has developed into a kind of mystery I can't turn away from! Just fantastic. The line where he said "Let me take you" was so heavily laden with double entendre, I just loved it!

near1111near1111about 8 years ago
great story

i am sure she is already in love with him and he has the same Feelings for her. but they have to admit that yet and make Things working. 5 stars-

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userkaraline@karaline
955 Followers
18/1/22 Small update, i have asked for the enslavement of Briseis to be taken down now, this should be happening in the next few days, so i suggest you don't start reading, unless you're prepared to read the thing all in one sitting! Thanks again for all your lovely comments....

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

The Maid Ch. 03 Previous Part
The Maid Series Info