11th December 1941

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Tim Holt, have you seen him before?"

As he asked, Robin saw on her face a blank expression, suddenly Jane's appearance changed and she cried out,

"Wasn't he in Stagecoach with John Wayne a few years ago?"

"Beats me, but d'you wanna watch it hun?"

"To be honest Rob, would you mind too much, if we don't?"

Robin smiled and replied,

"No, let's just catch the train back home then."

The alarm clock went off in Jane's bedroom, zero five hundred hours, Jane's hand came crashing down on top of the bells,

"Did you set it for this?"

"Robin stuck his head beneath the pillows, Jane heard a mumbled voice,

"Yeah hun, I've got a busy day a head sorry".

"What time is it then?"

Pulling his head from the pillows Robin answered,

It's five babe... you go back to sleep!!!"

"I bloody intend to, you know where everything is, so don't bother to wake me!"

Robin climbed out of the bed, he turned and saw Jane's naked body on the bed, so after recovering her form he slapped her bottom,

"Love your babe!"

"Sod off!!!"

Jane screamed as Robin chuckled on his way to the bathroom to have a shower and shave, Jane soon quietened down and nodded off, today being the twelfth of December nineteen forty-one, Robin had a very busy day and even busier night ahead of him. It was going to be a long time before he could sleep next to Jane again, so although he was pressed for time, he tried to feel the warmth within the house wanting something to keep him warm whilst over Germany that afternoon /evening. News from the German underground was still very sketchy, the exact time wasn't known, but Robin had been told that the meeting was to be held in Hitler's private office rather than his official meeting room. Robin wasn't too worried about this as he knew that the vampires would kill everybody they came up to.

Once dressed in his uniform, Robin quietly descended the stairs,

"Hello babe, I thought you'd gone back to bed?"

Jane smiled and placed on the kitchen table two cups of tea, the finishing touches to bacon and egg,

"Sorry hun, rationing you know, but two slices of bacon to go with the fried egg and mushrooms from my vegetable patch... I know you've a busy day, I just wanted to show how much I love you!"

The two embraced and kissed,

"Go on eat it before it grows cold!"

"Yes mom... thank you my love."

The couple laughed and then dug in to enjoy Jane's handy work,

"Am I seeing you this evening at work?"

Robin finished off the last of his tea before replying,

"I'm not sure hun, we're flying a mission today!"

Jane was quiet whilst she finished her breakfast, after this she collected the items for washing, Robin tried to help, but Jane seemed a little frustrated with him because she actually pushed her shoulder into Robin,

"I don't know what time I'll return Jane, but if you're still open when we get back, I'll have Tom drive me over... alright?"

Jane smiled, but Robin still felt a little pushed back, he knew that she had to know his job was flying the new Lancaster's, but he didn't want to spoil the day trip and last night, so he quietly excused himself, leaving for the airfield and the mission that if successful would alter the entire war.

Stepping out through the front door, Robin noted that the weather was cold, it wasn't too windy, he hoped that Berlin later on would be similar. Still in thought walking down the path, suddenly he heard Jane cry out,

"Robin sorry... forgive me?"

Turning back toward the front door, a surprised Robin was ingulfed by Jane, as she lept into his arms,

"Fly wherever babe with my love to keep you safe!!!"

Jane managed to whisper into he loves left ear,

"Thank you, I love you so much too."

Robin managed to express before the couple were kissing one another with the love and passion young teenagers show with their first innocent love. After breaking the two looked into one another's eyes, the silence was almost deafening, their eyes were busily expressing and exchanging the very heart of passion. Robin knew that when he flew later on, whatever the outcome she would be true to him until forever.

Parting, Jane headed back to the house, she hoped that Robin hadn't seen the tears fulling over her cheeks, Robin opened the garden gate, a quick glance back to see his love close the front door, he simply turned and started to walk toward the airfield. It was only a few miles, Robin would often walk, simply put it enabled him to deal with his innermost thoughts and what was to be expected of him by the crew and Squadron Leader.

Today's walk, he wasn't sure what, but for some reason it was so very different from the previous walks to work, the weather wasn't any different from what was expected on a cold December morning.

Robin felt lucky because he already understood what the German soldiers were being forced to cope with in Russia, but then again nobody had invited them to invade, also he and his fellow airman often complained about the command, similar to the other forces in England, but Robin knew that they were provided with the best clothes for the area of combat, not like the German high command who'd not expected the degree of weather.

Finally, the Russian command had expected what they'd be forced to fight in but he was aware that Starlin didn't give a dam about the men, this was clearly visible with the amount of leading ranking men had been terminated of some completely strange reason.

The again this afternoon, Robin was set to fly over Germany to Berlin, which at the very best of times was seriously dangerous for your health, but today along with flying to Berlin and then retuning slowly and lower than one would like, but he was also carrying fifteen vampires... beasts that hadn't as of yet tried to taste his blood... was today where matters would alter?

After passing through the entrance to the airfield, Robin went straight to the main hanger where his plane was having it's special attachment, he wanted to see how things were progressing, and he wanted to see how Stu' was now feeling about the end product. Up until yesterday Robin knew that the Lead Flight Engineer wasn't overly happy fitting the benches with belts over the bomb bay doors.

"How's it going St'?"

The Lead engineer's head suddenly appeared from beneath the plane through the open bomb bay door,

"Almost done commander, just attaching the last bolts now."

Robin smiled, he hadn't been worried about the benches after he'd been shown then by Stuart,

"What time are you expecting your guests commander?"

"Emm..."

Robin paused until he saw the wall clock, it was a little after nine,

"Sorry... in about three hours, and I hope to be off in four hours?"

The news shocked Stuart, bombing raids on Berlin were normally late afternoon, night-time affairs, but even then, they weren't the easiest of trips, but flying broad daylight was almost suicidal. Stuart dropped from through the bomb door space,

"That's crazy sir!!!"

Robin nodded his head in agreement,

"Phone Hitler and tell him to adjourn his meeting time until night-time..."

The engineer stared at the commander, totally confused,

"Hitler is having some meeting this afternoon / evening with all the leaders present, I need em all to be there to stop this bloody war."

Stuart began to realise just how important this raid was to be,

"You know you're the only flight don't you Robin?"

Robin walked and sat in a chair before replying,

"I didn't know, but at least there'll be no confusing hey?"

Stuart came and sat in a chair across from Robin,

"Well, she's juiced up and your guns are all full and working."

"Thanks Stu, it'll help to know everything is sound... I suppose I'd better pay the boss a visit and by then the crew should be here, we'll get kitted up ready for the surprise!!!"

The engineer jumped to his feet,

"What time will they be here?"

"A little after twelve noon, then about an hour to get them kitted out and then we'll hopefully be off and depending on the wind back in about four to six hours."

"Well, I'll be here for your return as per the norm!"

Walking from the hanger Robin just waved a hand to thank Stuart.

Walking across the airfield toward the office block Robin couldn't help but notice the wind had rather increased, he looked toward the trees at the other side of the airfield and smiled they weren't moving a great deal so at least for now conditions were somewhat perfect, 'please don't change' The commander said to himself and finished his walk to visit the Squadron Leader, to learn about anything new that could alter the mission planned route. Changing anything at such a late time was a massive pain, but everybody expected that to happen from mission to mission, Robin knew it wouldn't change until they'd finally killed the German command and war time was over.

"Enter!"

Robin pushed the Squadron Leader's office door open and he walked in,

"Hello Robin... are you set for the trip this afternoon?"

Robin nodded and answered,

"Sir, the engineer his bolting the last of the benches to the bomb bay, then it's wait for the cargo to arrive at twelve noon."

"That's good news Robin, best of luck on the trip, there isn't last minute alterations to worry about, but you'll have to expect their anti-aircraft to be ready, there isn't any flights due this evening ... probably best to fly low until to near Berlin, alright?"

"Yes sir, thank you sir!"

The commander had to react correctly for the boss or he'd be in trouble,

"Well sir, if there's nothing further to report I've got to change and brief my crew sir?"

The Squadron Leader stood up from his chair and shook the commanders hand,

"Best of luck Robin!"

Robin nodded and about turned and left the office,

"Shit!"

'that's a bad omen for sure, he never does that... better not say anything to the lads.' Robin deep in thought exiting the office, and headed to the changing rooms, a quick look at his watch, the rest of the team would be arriving shortly just giving Robin enough time to brief them before the cargo actually arrived.

Fully dressed Robin walked into the briefing room, they were all there sitting waiting, Tommy had hung a curtain over the map,

"Thank you for arriving early men... this afternoon's mission is rather small..."

Shawn spoke up at this,

"It's okay chief, we already know we're the only kite in the sky today!"

"Thank you, Shawn!"

Robin replied whilst he turned and pulled the curtain from the board, as he turned, he heard the expected muttering,

"That's right men... when our guests arrive, our little jaunt is to Berlin and back..."

"Keith, as the navigator, I want to plot a course enabling us to fly as direct a route as we can at treetops all the way!!!"

Keith Jones who'd been sitting as close to the map as he could stood,

"When you say direct chief, direct via cities' and gun emplacements?"

"Well, yes, but we've gotta stay below radar height there!"

After making some notes on his map, Shawn asked,

"What about coming back, it won't matter if radar has us or not, every bloody fighter will be after us for sure?"

Robin smiled and sat on the tabletop, looking at his team he said,

"Yes, this is where things could go a little arse-about-face..."

Looking at the crew, friends, would die for the other without question,

"Coming back, we'll be at fifty feet and one hundred and fifty..."

The crew all began to agitate, Robin somewhat wisely remained quiet and let it, the blow, but once they'd quietened down, he stood,

"Our passengers need to be able to return to the plane and flying faster is simply too fast and the lower the easier it is for them!"

Suddenly Shawn Williams, the rear gunner called out,

"What are they bloody vampires or something chief?"

"Yes!!!"

Robin replied almost in a whisper,

"Hope they're veggies then chief?"

"Pete, have you ever heard of a vegetarian vampire, have you?"

Peter, the lower gunner sat back down muttering,

"No... sir!"

Tommy walked up to Robin and turned to the other five crew men,

"Hold on boys, listen to what the commander has to say?"

The seven crew were silent within a moment,

"Thank you, Sargent... the vampires are going to drop onto the Reich Chancellery and once inside they're gonna kill everybody.

"Yeah, that's a go from me..."

Shawn called out interrupting Robin once more.

"The next one of you monkeys to interrupt me goes on a charge... understood?"

Before the others were able to acknowledge the commander Tommy spoke up,

"Want me to go and greet our guests boss?"

Before Robin was able to answer, Peter said,

"Have you seen the size of that place chief... it's huge?"

Robin was growing a little frustrated with the crew,

"That's why we're carrying fifteen Peter... right everybody go kit up and come out to the Lancaster by the main hanger!!!"

"Chief... commander..."

"No, I am not listening to anything crap, just go kit up and then meet me at the plane... Tommy can you go to the main gate please?"

"On my way boss, back in five or ten minutes!!!"

Five rather frustrated crew men went to the changing room, Tommy went to the entrance to pick up the fifteen guests, while Robin remained in the briefing room to collect the maps he'd brought with him to the briefing, he was also a little annoyed, but with himself than the crew, this was the first time they'd learnt about the job and by rights, they had to have time to prepare for it, but on the other side, the side Robin was leaning, he had to keep the job and it's details a secret for the simple reason, if folk knew about it here, they'd sure as hell know about it in Berlin... 'I'm in charge anyway so the buck stops at my feet, not there's.

So, after putting on his flight jacket and boots, Robin left for the Lancaster where he'd meet the guests.

The crew began to walk out to the plane, Robin had already placed his folders by the pilot seat ready for him to pull out when required,

"Excuse me chief, could I have a quick word?"

"Of course, Pete, what's bothering you?"

The two team members stepped away from the plane,

"I just wanted to apologise to you sir, you didn't need my bull in the briefing room, sorry!"

Robin smiled and placed an arm on the gunner's shoulder,

"Don't worry, it was your time to bear any problems, but thank you Sargent, your apology is excepted and the matter in my eyes is over!!!"

"thanks Chief... how was your day with Jane, changing the subject?"

A big grin came over Robin as he remembered the previous day,

"We went to the zoo, then had lunch in some place near the zoo, we'd planned to catch a movie, but nothing worth watching!!!"

"But at least you've got some warm memories to see you over today... I took Mary out myself, we tried to go to the New forest, but the entire place was bloody bollocksed off!"

"That's a shame, what did..."

Just then Tommy came interrupted the conversation,

"Ryan's here with fourteen others commander!"

Robin nodded, he turned to Peter,

"Sorry, business calls, maybe we'll continue our chat at a later time?"

"Yes sir, thank you."

After watching the commander and Tommy was into the hanger to greet Ryan, Peter noticed that the Squadron Leader had also walked into the hanger, he didn't want anything to do with that so he climbed into the Lancaster, he opened the bottom hatch, below was a blister with a set of machine guns, knowing they weren't off right that minute Peter crawled along the fuselage to the rear blister point,

"Shawn, you in there pal?"

Shawn pushed the hatch open with his back, like Peter neither had a great deal of room in there pods, there was a lot more than the previous kite, the Manchester, but still if you were claustrophobic you'd be screwed, well you probably wouldn't be selected in the first place,

"Have you seen anything of those vampire, passengers?"

"No... I've been stuck inhere getting everything the way I like it to be... have you seen em?"

Peter shook his head,

"No, but I've just seen the Squadron Leader walk into the hanger to meet with them!!!"

"okay, but he won't be long, Rob' knows we've gotta get in the air."

"Yes, we're probably gonna be busy over there, seeing as we're the only mission on today."

"Yes, wanna half a cup of strong hot chocolate?"

"Thanks, I take it back to my guns and double check em one more time."

So, after Shawn handed the cup to Peter, both men went back to their positions to run one more check, while they were going over their guns, Keith was putting his charts and map in order, whereas Brian sat next to Keith, not too sure why he was there, after all they weren't carry any bombs, and he was quite sure the guests would need any help leaving the plane,

"Well pal, I'd just sit there for the moment, don't bother the chief right now!"

Brian chuckled to himself and then nodded his agreement with the navigator.

Just at that moment, the Squadron Leader popped his head through the main hatch, standing on the ladder he said,

"Best of luck this afternoon men, I am sure your efforts with your guests will go a long way to shorten this bloody war, saving countless lives."

As soon as the message was over the Squadron Leader jumped from the ladder to enable Tommy, Robin and the fifteen vampires to climb in,

"That's kissed our lives goodbye!!!"

Brian whispered to Keith, the navigator looked toward Brian and could plainly see how deathly white he looked. Keith tapped his shoulder, he chuckled and then added,

"Give us a break Brian, he just wanted to wish us well as this could be a war ending mission... lighten up, the only way you'll cope it is if we all don't do our jobs and that impossible!!!"

"Brian, would you assist our guests onto their benches and then make sure each harness is correctly applied?"

Brian shot round,

"Chief, want me to wear a skirt and become a hostess?"

Everybody commenced to laugh, even Robin had a chuckle, but then he looked straight at Brian,

"Brian, you've got no actual bombload this afternoon, so you're going to help our guests, this gentlemen is Ryan, he's the coven leader... understood?"

After looking at Keith for some support Brian finally went to the vampires,

"I've just gotta do the pre-flight checks and then we'll be off!"

Robin said to Ryan, but he was loud enough for everybody to understand, Tommy followed Robin so the outside checks could be completed a little faster.

"It's a bit of squeeze in here sir!!!"

Ryan looked across to the youngest of the vampire team travelling,

"Hold on Mihai, Brian hasn't finished adjusting your straps."

"Yes, my friend, but the straps need to be tight otherwise you'd be thrown about when the kite hits turbulence or when we come under flack, if you're flying back with us, you most defiantly will do, Berlin is quite bad, but pretty much all the cities have flak with spots and balloons, these are always adding to the...fun!!!"

Mihai looked at Brian, then Ryan as the fear began to set in,

"But surely you fly high enough for them not to bother you?"

"Mihai..."

"You'd think you would, but if we fly too high the fighters come for us, but you'll surely prefer to fly lower because you can easily jump?"

Brian said, butting unintentionally on Ryan. Ryan waited for the bomb aimer to finish before he said,

"Don't worry Mihai, it is a lot safer for us!"

"What about then sire?"

"We're here for one thing Mihai and one thing only ..."

Ryan paused and took a breath enabling his sentence to sink in, then,

"Just try to chill and relax son, there's nothing to worry about until we leave the aeroplane at the desired point."

"Right, you're as sound as a pound!"

Brian announced to Mihai as he stood up from fixing the harness to him, once up straight Brian smiled then sarcastically said,

1...456789