14 Months 03: December

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"She's a little dizzy and out of balance," Darius shrugged. "I would have carried her regardless. I like having her in my arms," he chuckled.

"Here, you go," Asher handed Sophie a brown paper McDonald's bag, and she gasped opening it to find a large serving of fries.

"Oh, yes! I think I love you! Is it too late to change my mind about the kidnapping slash abduction?" she asked sighing happily as she pushed several fries into her mouth at once and chewed with a look of bliss.

"You can't say that in front of Darius, Cookie. The bro code and all that, besides he is hardly going to pay a ransom when he knows who has you," he rolled his eyes.

"She already told me in the car, remember?" Darius pointed out.

"So good, thank you. Marry me and feed me junk food until I am old and fat and don't care anymore?" Sophie asked with a laugh making Asher raise his eyebrows at Darius.

"She says that to Margaret three times a day so I wouldn't get too cocky about it," Darius chuckled at Ash as he looked momentarily crestfallen. Then cheered up again and turned back to Sophie.

"Tell me about Margaret, maybe we could work out a ménage deal, and you could marry us both," he said with a sly grin.

"And maybe you could step away from my girl now," Darius grumbled much to Asher's amusement.

"You can go home. I'll stay at your place tonight and check Sophie over in the morning to be sure, there are no further issues," Susan had started talking as soon as she entered the room ignoring the two other men.

"Not a moment too soon," Darius said and held out his hand to Asher. "Keys?"

"Fine but I would have driven you home you know," Asher said.

"Breakfast meeting at my place?" He asked the two men.

"Yeah, I think Rob would like to know the outcome too," Jayce said. "Also, none of his brothers made it into the contest this year, so I think he's keen to have allies for the team events."

"Yeah, okay. See you in the morning," Darius nodded and bent to pick up Sophie. "Let's get you home, Angel," he smiled and kissed her forehead.

"Has he been drinking the Kool-Aide?" Jayce asked, indicating Darius as he walked away. It was odd seeing his usually dark and stern brother acting so out of character.

"She's a witch," Asher whispered with a grin. "Don't get to close or she'll infect you too."

"You like her because she doesn't take your shit," Jayce chuckled as they made their way out to the carpark.

"No, I like her because she doesn't take anyone's shit and especially not Darius's shit. He was so mad during her flirty little number tonight, but she just bats those big eyes at him, and he backs down. I tell you she's a witch. She even had me out combing the streets for a twenty-four-hour McDonalds, just to get her to smile like that," Asher said as if it was entirely out of his control.

"You did that to mess with Darius. Don't even pretend otherwise," Jayce laughed with him.

"Think what you want, but that girl is one hot, little witch," Asher said with certainty.

*****

Sophie was forced to relax and rest over the following week, which gave her time to explore what would be her home for the next year. Even though Darius insisted it was a house, she thought of it as a mansion. The cul-de-sac that they lived on was a gated community with just seven houses each as big as the next but in different styles that backed onto wide canals. The canals lead out to a small harbour and then to the bay. Large cruisers sat at the docks behind each house, and one house sported a helipad with a small helicopter that Sophie marvelled at each time it took off. She didn't belong in this world, and the more she saw, the less comfortable she felt, but she had signed the contract and she needed to make this work.

Darius had returned to work and seemed to be more considerate when slaking his insatiable appetite for her when he was home. He'd given her almost a whole day of rest before giving in to his need for her and what had started as a slow, gentle fuck had quickly deteriorated into a rough, hard possession of her body as if the day of not having her had been too much for him. While he was at work, she was instructed to rest and that her team would take the week as a break. The only thing Darius allowed, albeit grudgingly, was her piano lessons with Benny twice a week with Trent's supervision.

Trent was her shadow all day every day when Darius wasn't home regardless of his stipulation about the lessons with Benny. She had to admit that Trent gave her some semblance of independence at times, but she knew he was always close by just in case she put a foot wrong. It was both comforting and irritating at the same time. Still, she loved Darius's music room and found a haven there in the afternoons. Positioned at the back of the house with a double-glazed glass wall looking out to the canal, opposite the glass wall was an internal wall completely covered in shelves that were crammed with books, CDs and vinyl albums. In front of that was a small sitting area which faced another wall opposite the entry to this room that housed a state-of-the-art stereo. In the middle of all of this was a magnificent grand piano. Sophie could while away hours in that room without even realising the passage of time until Trent came to remind her.

The next challenge, she had found out, was ballroom dancing. She would be attending the New Year's Eve Ball with Darius, and there would be several specific dances she would need to master before the night. During the week that she had been ordered to rest, Trent had her watch as many episodes of Dancing With The Stars as she could stomach as well as movies like Strictly Ballroom between her piano lessons and evenings with Darius.

By the second week, she was overjoyed to see the other members of her team reappear, particularly Parker, the personal trainer, who would at least let her out of the house into the fresh air for a light run before working together with her dance coach to ensure she was strong enough for some of the moves she might have to make. She discovered that Darius knew how to dance, and wouldn't be joining her for much of this early training. Her stylist had also joined in several of the dance lessons and initiated conversations around her movement during the dances trying to find a gown that would give her the freedom she needed without looking like a glitzy parody of a professional ballroom dancer.

To her surprise, her morning runs started to include Stella and a young woman called Layla, who seemed lost and sad. While Stella and Sophie talked like old friends during their runs, Layla seemed reticent to join in their conversations even when asked questions about herself. Stella told Sophie that she had found out that Mimi was on probation and unable to socialise with the other girls for the time being. She was however still eligible for the contest once she had completed her probation in a medical centre set up to help the girl's transitions into their new lives and if she signed a new contract with Zander. Sophie was glad that Mimi would still be able to compete, and although she would be wary of her in the future, she wouldn't hold the incident at the Jazz club against her.

Sophie had gotten into a new routine, her world filled with fitness, dance and music when things changed again with the lead up to Christmas. Trent presented her with a credit card that she could use for any online shopping she wanted to do, but her excursions from the house would remain limited to events with Darius for the time being. She wondered if she would be expected to provide presents for the staff or Darius. She didn't think she knew them well enough to choose something thoughtful for them.

After thinking for a day or two, she came up with what she thought might be a good idea for the whole team, including Darius if she could work out how to do it. It might mean she would have to skip her piano practice for a little while, but if she could make it work, the team and Darius might all like it.

"Darius," she began tentatively as they sat for dinner. "I was wondering if I could have a laptop, with the adobe suite software?"

"Why is that?" he asked, surprised by the request.

"I had an idea about something I'd like to do for the team for Christmas, but I would need photoshop and access to the user manual to see if I can work out how to do it," she explained without actually telling him what she was doing.

"Are you planning on photoshopping their faces onto helpful elves?" he chuckled.

"Something like that," she shrugged. "I'll do it in my piano practise time so it won't impact your schedule at all," she said, letting Darius know she wouldn't inconvenience him.

"Have you used that software before?" he asked after staring at her for a long time considering her request. He had hoped to keep her hidden away from the world outside of him or his team until next month or even the month after if he could manage it.

"No, but I learn quickly. I'm sure YouTube has a ton of tutorials," she said, not wanting to admit again that she had trouble reading despite taking the time to practice with the books in the music room.

"Let me think about it," he said and saw her deflate beside him. He reached over and tilted her face back up by the chin. "I will get you the access you want I am just considering the best way to help you with what you want to do. I think it's a good idea for the team." He smiled gently and leaned down to kiss her using formidable restraint not to forget the food about to be served and eat her on this table instead.

She was perfect and had wormed her way under his skin enough for even him to enjoy the role of being her boyfriend. A role he never thought he could wear comfortably for any woman given his need to dominate and control everything in his life, the pressure of the contract he was bound to and the challenges they needed to prepare. Sophie though just took everything in her stride and stayed optimistic and friendly with everyone she met. She had impressed him beyond all of his expectations and his cock hardened as he reminded himself that she belonged to him and she came to him oh so willingly each time he reached for her now.

"How are the dancing lessons progressing?" he asked, changing the direction of the conversation completely.

"Okay I think, the dance teacher seems to think I need to grow a foot taller to appear graceful so has me trying to dance in five-inch heels," she sighed. "When will you practise with me?" Sophie asked. "I assume we will have to dance together at the ball."

"The point of learning to dance is so you can dance with anyone who asks you. It's not me you have to impress at this ball," he chuckled. "I'm a big guy, so I don't have the graceful moves you need in a partner to show off your new talents. I can do a decent waltz or foxtrot, but the Latin dances will be with other partners."

"Oh!" Sophie said, surprised by this information. "I didn't realise."

"Don't look so concerned, my brothers are all good dancers and should keep you occupied on the night and save you from any nefarious characters."

"Nefarious characters?" she asked as their food arrived and she leaned back in her seat so Margaret could put the plate in front of her.

"Not all the men in the Alliance will believe that you belong to me and only me," he chuckled. "Some may even offer you a better contract if you leave the contest and me," Darius said as if he had no concerns that she would ever leave him. "Changes like that will only reflect badly on you though and decrease your value and any advantage you gained in the contest with your spectacular jazz number. The game has begun and to win you need to stay with me, anything else will make it an impossible challenge for you."

"Why would they offer a contract then?" she frowned.

"To clear the way for one of their brothers. You are a big threat in this game already. It could also be that like me they see the beautiful, charming, delicious girl that you are and they want that for themselves," he grinned at her and winked. "I'm not inclined to share your attentions with anyone, except perhaps my brothers. I will let my brothers dance with you at the ball because they will let you shine and treat you the way I would. I'm sure Asher wouldn't mind coming by one afternoon to help you practice some of the more complicated Latin dances, Rumba, Mambo, or Tango if you want."

"That'd be good, but maybe you could practise with me some time too?" she asked. "Your very tall and I'm, well, not tall, and I can't imagine we will look comfortable together even doing a simple waltz," she admitted.

"You're not tall," he chuckled. "But you suit me perfectly on and off the dance floor."

*****

The following day Darius instructed her to visit him at his office for lunch. The change in her schedule had surprised Sophie, and she became excited the closer she got to the building where Darius worked. To tell the truth, she was just excited to be out of the house, she didn't care why, even though she was curious. Trent sat beside her in the back of the car, checking his emails and calendar trying to avoid hearing her ask once again why Darius wanted to see her at his office.

Pulling up to the curb she took in the tall building with the blue-tinted glass facade as she stepped from the car. Trent appeared at her side and guided her into the building with a hand on the small of her back. They signed in with the security desk and approached the elevators which seemed to open at their approach. When the doors opened on an upper floor, a tall slim man wearing black-rimmed glasses smiled widely at them.

"Welcome. Sophie. I'm Mr Blackstones's assistant Scott. I'll be helping you with your little project this afternoon," he said in a rush of words. "Follow me please," he said and led the way up the hallway. "This is Mr Blackstone's office you can go in he's expecting you. Trent and I have some work to do on our schedules before you, and I begin work on your project after lunch."

Sophie paused before the door. There was nothing special about the door, and after walking through the beautiful modern building, she was a little underwhelmed by the plainness of it. When she walked into the office, however, she could see all of the details that made the space his. He sat behind a large desk of dark wood speaking on the phone, and he motioned her to come in and close the door. She looked around, taking it all in.

Two high back chairs sat before his desk, the red leather and dark wood making them seem as old and austere as the rest of the furniture at the opposite end of the room including a burgundy leather sitting arrangement of overstuffed chairs and a couch. Next to that was a bar area that could also be a kitchen of sorts with its microwave and small sink but the high stools and bench were in keeping with the idea of a bar rather than a kitchen bench. Spanning between these two areas was a wall of glass looking out at the cityscape, and she imagined it would be a beautiful view at dusk. Deciding it was best to give Darius space as he finished his call, Sophie headed toward the leather couch to wait.

"Hello, Angel," Darius said, standing from his desk once he had finished his call and approached her. She stood, but he was standing in front of her blocking her movement before she could take a step. Running his fingers through her hair, he cupped the back of her head and tilted her face to his for a kiss. His hands moved to caress her neck and shoulders as he deepened the kiss, Sophie was lost in his possessiveness once again when there was a swift knock at the door, and it opened.

"I heard that the cookie was here and I thought," Asher said walking into the room with a broad grin. "That you had an important lunch meeting," he waggled his eyebrows at them. "So, I have come to take her off your hands for a while." He smirked at his brother.

"My meeting is with her," Darius growled. "Get out, Ash."

"I wanted to see if she needs any help with the challenge since we all know dancing is not your forte," Ash chuckled and approached Sophie pulling her from Darius's hands into his arms for a long hug.

"She'll be here working with Scott and Jacob this afternoon, so Trent will be here assisting me. You can talk to him about her schedule, and when you can give her some dance practice, now get out!" Darius said his teeth clenching as he took Sophie from his brothers embrace.

"I hear you. I hear you. You and I will catch up later, cookie," Ash winked at Sophie and left the room pulling the door shut behind him.

"Who is Jacob?" Sophie asked as Darius, followed Asher to the door and locked it behind him.

"Our IT guy but he also dabbles in some graphic design. He'll be able to help you with photoshop and whatever you wanted to do with it," he said impatiently then turned back to her and stalked across the room to where she stood and enveloped her in his big arms kissing her again, taking up where they had left off before being interrupted by Asher. Her tummy rumbled, and Darius released the kiss with a groan. "I better feed you before you distract me entirely," he grumbled.

"I have a special lunch planned. It would be a shame to waste it," Darius said softly. Sophie could feel his warm hand caress her cheek as he pushed a stray strand of hair behind her ear and kissed her briefly once more before pulling away. Stalking to the door as if this was something he didn't want to do, he unlocked it and took a half step, so most of his body remained in the office. Sophie could hear murmuring but not the content of it. Only a minute or two later Scott rolled what looked like a room service trolly through the door and set plates and large cups on the bar countertop for them. Picking her up, Darius placed her on a stool beside the bar, nuzzling her neck and kissing her behind the ear.

"Eat fast," he murmured the command into her ear before standing up straighter and removing the covers from their lunches. Sophie gasped as she took in the sight and smell of hamburgers and not just hamburgers but fries as well! Giddy with happiness, she leaned forward to embrace him and almost toppled from the stool. "You have to be the most accident-prone woman I have ever met," Darius chuckled as he caught her drawing her tightly against his body again as he righted her and stepped back to his own stool so they could eat.

"This is amazing!" Sophie giggled as she picked up her burger to take a huge bite.

"I thought you might like it. Not quite McDonald's but close enough," he returned her smile, and they talked about favourite foods and other favourite things as they ate.

"I can't eat another crumb, or I'll explode!" she said, feeling guilty that she barely made it halfway through the massive burger and most of the fries.

"That's fine, why don't you go freshen up and I'll get rid of the leftovers," he said indicating the door labelled with a stylised black silhouette of a lady in the bath. "Take off that dress while you're at it, you won't be needing it until we've finished our dessert," he murmured into her neck, and he brushed his lips from her ear to her mouth.

"Okay," she said slowly but gave a dubious look toward the door.

"No one will disturb us until I am ready for them to," he said heat in his eyes as she slid from the stool and made her way to the bathroom. Minutes later she emerged in sexy matching white lingerie. Darius liked her in white far better than black or red, which she would have thought were far sexier colours. There was no mistaking the look in his heated eyes as she moved closer to him and by the time she stopped before him her nipples had pebbled with arousal, and there was a noticeable bulge in his pants.

"Perfect," he murmured and beckoned her closer to where he stood to lean against his desk his feet wide as he surveyed her with a hungry smile.