3 Is a Magic Number Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We were fucking, duh." I snorted.

"Did you two just get in the shower and start fucking; or were you doing something else, and it turned into fucking? I didn't even hear the shower start running until the sex noises had stopped, so you obviously weren't in there taking a shower together. So, why were you two in the shower?" I marveled at my sister's deductive powers. I must have felt exactly how the much dimmer Watson felt like when Sherlock Holmes was busy solving mysteries.

"Yeah... we did... other stuff." Now I was the one who was blushing. I felt my face grow hot.

"You don't have to be embarrassed, big bro. You can tell me anything." She paused, but I still hesitated to tell my sister about our water play. "Did she ask you to pee on her?" What the fuck? How could she have known that?

"How did you know that? How could you know that?" Katie looked a little uneasy again. She looked as if she had accidentally told half of a secret to someone who shouldn't know, and was now deciding if she should just go ahead, and tell them the rest.

"OK. But you absolutely, positively cannot tell Julia that I told you this." I nodded my silent agreement. "She has had that twisted little fantasy for a couple of years now, but..." Her voice trailed off.

"But what?" My sister exhaled again, and drew what seemed to be a calming breath.

"She said that she would never... ever... do something like that with just anyone. It would have to be someone who she totally trusted... and someone that she... loved." The whole incident shifted into place in my mind; especially the change in Julia's behavior toward me. It all made sense now.

"So you think that Julia loves me?" I slid halfway out from under my sister, so that we faced one another on the bed.

"I know that she loves you Jack, but I really think that she is IN LOVE with you." I couldn't really see the difference. It seemed like a very fine distinction to me. I really didn't know how to respond to this. "If that is indeed the case, then I think that we might have to re-think our relationship, Jack."

"What do you mean by re-think? Are you dumping me, Katie?" My sister's eyes grew large at this question.

"No! Not at all!" I exhaled the breath that I had been holding, but the lump in my chest refused to go away. "I just think that we might want to reconsider our exclusivity as it pertains to Julia." I thought about this for a moment, but it still didn't quite make sense. No woman would ever willingly propose what I thought that she meant.

"So you think that all three of us should be exclusive... but with each other?" She nodded. "So instead of you and I being a couple, we would be what... a threesome?"

"It's called polyamory, Jack." Katie's eyes sparkled as she warmed to her subject matter. "It would be an exclusive, committed relationship, just like any 'normal' relationship; except that in a polyamorous relationship, there are more than two participants." I had actually heard the term a couple of times before, probably on Jerry Springer. "All of this is, of course, dependent upon Julia actually wanting this kind of relationship." Could this all be a joke? I looked for any sign that my sister was trying to mess with my head. She wasn't laughing, though. In fact, I hadn't seen her look this serious in a while.

"Kay..." I paused to try and get my words to come out of my mouth correctly. "Are you OK with this?" She looked at me flatly. "With the polyamory thing?" Katie did not answer right away. That was a good sign. At least she was really considering the options, not just telling me what I wanted to hear.

"Well. To tell you the truth, I'm not quite sure." She paused, not for emphasis, but to collect her thoughts. "I was just barely getting used to the idea of you being mine. I love her... and I love you... so maybe we could make it work. I mean, Julia and I have been sharing you anyway. It would just be taking that a step farther." She blushed a little bit when she said that, as if she was feeling a little scandalized by her own behavior. "What about you, big bro?" I thought for a second, but came to no quick conclusion. I could not really see a downside for me, but I had a duty to consider not only my own well-being, but also the happiness of both the girls.

"I don't know, Kay." That was the honest truth.

"Do you love her, Jack?" Katie's expressive eyes clearly showed her inner turmoil.

"I'm not sure. I think I get what you meant earlier. I do know that I love her. She has always been special; kind of like a second sister to me. But if you are asking me if I feel the same way about her, as I do about you; then I'm honestly not sure." Katie paused for a full minute before she spoke. She curled up next to me, and laid her head on my shoulder.

"Jack, if you remember correctly, you reacted the exact same way when I told you that I loved you." She let this statement sink in for a few seconds. "Even if you aren't in love with her right this minute, do you think that you might be able to fall in love with her over time?" I pondered this question. I thought about all the good times that the three of us had experienced together; not only throughout this week, but through my entire lifetime. If Katie was the most important woman in my life, then Julia had to be a close second. The more I considered this possibility, the more logical it became in my mind.

"I will tell you the same thing that I told Julia a few short days ago: I am open to the possibility." The tension seemed to drain out of Katie with my answer.

Things were going to change very soon. I didn't know if the changes on the horizon would be for the good, or the bad. I only knew one thing for certain; Katie and I would deal with whatever that life had in store for us together.

*****

If you liked this story, please vote, comment, or send me an email. I would love to hear what you think.