A Bad Day

Story Info
Shane comforts Scarlett after a bad day.
1.1k words
4.21
5.2k
5
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Own2006
Own2006
60 Followers

It had been a long day at work already and everything seemed to be going wrong. Scarlett sent Shane a text message at lunch time "Having a RUBBISH day, just want a big bowl of pasta for tea and a bubble bath :("

"Sorry your day is rubbish, babe. Mine's not much better. I'll give you a cuddle later. xxx" replied Shane.

The rain was pouring down when Scarlett left work, pulling her jacket up over her head she ran to catch the bus but she got to the bus stop just as the bus pulled away. Trying to read the timetable as the rain fell sideways was difficult enough then a lorry drove past, through a massive puddle caused by the overflowing drain on the road and it splashed up, soaking Scarlett on the pavement. Scarlett screamed, it was muddy and freezing!

She sent Shane another text "Missed the bus, got drenched by a lorry driving through a massive puddle. Will be home looking a state ASAP"

"I've got the fire lit. xxx" replied Shane.

Scarlett felt like crying, Shane was not bothered at all, he didn't give a shit that she'd had a bad day or that she'd missed the bus and got soaked by the dirty great lorry puddle. He was alright in the house, with the fire lit. The jammy bastard.

15 mins later the next bus arrived, the windows were steamed up and Scarlett could see it was packed full of people heading home from work and school kids in their soggy blazers. She hopped on the bus and it was so full that she had to stand in the aisle, just behind the doors. The traffic was going slow to stop and nearly an hour after she left work, Scarlett was only half way along what was her normal 20min walk. As the bus turned onto the main road where Shane's avenue was, she asked the driver to let her out. It would be quicker to walk. Her phone beeped with a text message from Shane telling her there was a road traffic accident on the main road and the traffic was jammed. "Thanks but I got off the bus at the end of the road so I'm walking, be home in 10"

Scarlett gave up rushing, her shoes squished, her clothes were drenched and her hair was stuck to her face.

When she opened the front door, the heat of the fire hugged her and she could smell garlic and herbs from the kitchen. She slapped into the living room in her wet clothes, standing on the step leading down into the kitchen and saw Shane at the cooker.

"Ah you made it babe!" Shane smiled, walking over and kissing her on the lips. Scarlett didn't embrace him and instead stood scowling. Shane stood back "Bad day then?" he grimaced

Scarlett sighed "One of those days when everything just went wrong, this woman in work was really rude to me, I realised I've made a mistake with a paper I've been working on all week, I forgot my brolly, my jacket has no hood, it is lashing out of the heavens, I missed the bus, got soaked by a massive puddle from a massive lorry, had to stand beside the door on the bus then just got off it at the end of the main road. And when I text you, you may as well have just shrugged for all you cared!" she raged.

Shane was trying not to smirk and he knew he was only winding her up more but he couldn't help it. "Sorry Scarlett. But you're so cute when you're pissed off" he stepped forward to kiss her but she stepped back.

"SHANE! FUCK YOU!" shouted Scarlett, turning to walk out of the room.

Shane went after her, grabbing her wrist "No, Scarl, wait. Wait!" Scarlett burled round, her eyes wide. "Wait, I'm sorry babe, I didn't mean to be insensitive. Please don't take it that I don't care. I've got dinner on... carbonara and garlic bread?" he tilted his head and raised his eyebrows.

Scarlett softened "You're making me a big bowl of pasta?" she asked

"Sure am" nodded Shane "and if you'd care to disrobe, I'll take you upstairs and run you a bubble bath. You can even choose which bubble bath." smiled Shane wrapping his arms round her waist. "How does that sound?"

Scarlett's shoulders eased and she smiled "That sounds like just what I asked for. Thank you" she sighed, kissing him.

"C'mere, throw your clothes in the machine and I'll put a wash on later" said Shane, taking his jumper off. He led her into the kitchen and waited while she undressed before putting his jumper over her head and pulling it down over her naked frame.

Shane's jumper was soft and warm as it slid down over Scarlett's cold, damp skin. It smelled like him and she felt instantly comforted. She wrapped her arms around his waist and rested her head against his chest, his t-shirt was warm and smelled like his cologne. Shane's arms engulfed her. "Right, bath time" said Shane cheerily, kissing her head.

In the bathroom, Shane had lit her favourite candle. Scarlett knew then he was being sweet because Shane hated candles! He turned on the taps and sat her on the edge of the bath before lifting a warm fluffy towel from the radiator and hanging it over his forearm, offering her 2 bottles of bubble bath as if he were a sommelier offering a bottle of wine. Scarlett giggled, feigned deep thought and pointed to the green one.

She stepped into the bath and it felt blissful, so warm and relaxing. "Can I wash your hair for you, m'lady?" asked Shane, kneeling over the edge of the bath.

He washed her hair and soaped her body, washing the bad day away. He left Scarlett wrapped in the warm fluffy towel to dry off and went downstairs to set the table.

Scarlett dressed in her comfiest comfy clothes and went downstairs to sit at the table. Shane put on a mixed CD he had made her when they first started dating and poured them a glass of wine. They enjoyed their food and wine, danced together to the music and made plans for the weekend.

After dinner Shane washed the dishes and tidied up and Scarlett went upstairs to read. When Shane walked into the bedroom he saw that Scarlett was fast asleep in bed, he undressed and slid into bed beside her. He stroked and kissed her shoulder to waken her gently, lifting her head onto his chest and wrapping his arms around her.

Scarlett stirred "Thanks Shane, you made my bad day much better" she murmured, her head on his chest listening to his heartbeat.

Shane stroked her back and kissed her head "I love you, Scarlett" he whispered.

Scarlett smiled and fell back to sleep.


Own2006
Own2006
60 Followers