All Comments on 'A Blind Date for the Holidays'

by JoeDreamer

Sort by:
  • 122 Comments (Page 2)
WhiteTailDarkTipWhiteTailDarkTipabout 1 year ago

Me and Purplefizz are on the same page with this heartwarming tale. The typos made me grind my teeth but the genuine sentiment was wonderful. It could have done with a little judicious pruning to tighten it up a bit but the overall mix of sauce and story was just right. Congrats!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Stunning work, 10/10 — I’m blown away. Would love a follow-up/epilogue but honestly just super happy with it! Definitely a few typos got through proofreading though ;) it’s “couldn’t care less” btw xox

ca_daveca_daveabout 1 year ago

I have read this story several times, and every time I have loved it more and more. It really needs a follow up. What happens with Trisha and her family at Christmas? What happens with Janet and Sean? The scene with Cassie and Timmy calling Trisha Aunt Trish in front of Samantha would be priceless. There are many other things that come to mind, the story just feels unfinished as it stands now. And please get a proof reader. Thank you for sharing with us. 5*

BodysurferyeahBodysurferyeahabout 1 year ago

I'm sorry, I have to pull two quotes from this work. "I love my mom, but the problem is that she still trying to see me as the daughter she wanted, not the one she got. It hurts because it means she doesn't love the real me, but I'm hopeful that one day that will change and we'll reconcile," I'd been so focused on what I'd lose, that I hadn't thought as much about what I'd gain." Both made me sit up and think about the truth behind them.

Ravey19Ravey19about 1 year ago

In some ways I want a sequel as so many little threads and one big one, her parents, left unanswered or not addressed and yet I think you've picked the appropriate point to end it if that's as far as you want to go.

A beautiful love story full of trials and tribulations as Trish stumbles to her real destiny. 5⛤

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

This was erotic and extremely well written - I couldn’t stop reading it! The buildup and discovery was phenomenal, it is one of the few ‘proper’ stories which can hold up on its own merit even without the sex scenes. In fact I found the kisses the most erotic part! 10/10

Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrel12 months ago

This was a beautiful story and definitely deserves all 5 🌟's. I like the loose ends that were left undecided at the end of the story. Happy endings are a comfort, but there is greater comfort to be taken here. True love has the strength, depth, and confidence to endure.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Love the story. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A really excellent, well thought out story. I absolutely loved it. Sorry I am not good with words.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This is by far one of my favorite stories. I loved the witty banter too. Bravo!

rkinsella002rkinsella0029 months ago

If your goal was to write a Hallmark Christmas movie (the type alluded to at the beginning) you succeeded.

Very enjoyable. The build up to their first sexual encounter was just about perfect.

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai6438 months ago

Great story!

Has everything, humor, drama, compassion, and love!

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This is my 4th time reading this. The story is awesome and the girls have great chemistry. I give it best kisses ever. I do think you explain too much though. There is a constant rehash of how conservative Trish's family is and all that she'll lose if she comes out. You sometimes explain a joke or a reference, but just give some of us reader's some credit... you are clever and I am sure your fans are just as clever, although not as good a writer or as creative as you are;)

Agentjim54Agentjim546 months ago

This is the second time I’ve read this story and love it more each time!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A truly exceptional story, so real and so sexy! It was if I was living their lives and wishing I could experience such passionate sex and love!

THBGatoTHBGato4 months ago

I'm stunned by this. 70k words - what a labour of love. It totally pays off. Fantastic characters. Please write more in this genre.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Awesome story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This is such a good story. It is almost as if the reader actually knows the characters. A perfect ending, especially that it is not being rushed to be an ending, but the way it leaves open the possibilities for future stories.

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane54about 2 months ago

I'm glad I finally got around to reading this story. I loved it and the characters seemed so real. Five stars and deserves more.

Rissak722Rissak72222 days ago

Wow, amazing work. I always found this story and started to read it but every time I realized it was 70k words I got a little intimidated. I finally had a chance to sit down and read all of it as once and my only regret is that I didn't take the time to do it earlier.

I wish I could give it more than 5 stars, this story had everything in it and felt so real.

WhiteTailDarkTipWhiteTailDarkTip20 days ago

It’s a great story and I’m a sucker for romance with a bit of heat. Story always comes first for me. Sadly, my inner pedant tries to spoil my enjoyment by pointing out typos. Oddly enough I care less about them if it’s a quick and dirty 3k words than if it’s long form and written by a talented author. My gaze snags on them and interrupts the flow. I do my utmost to eliminate them in my own works and I know how hard it can be.

Still, cavil notwithstanding, it’s a great story!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous