All Comments on 'A Bump in the Night'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 183 Comments (Page 2)
MrSirManMrSirManabout 2 months ago

I kept waiting for the inevitable “catching her with someone else “, but I was pleasantly surprised that it ended sweet. She really was a diamond in the rough. Nice job and thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

one more great one ,sorry i can only give it 5 stars .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Thanks, a shame some readers on here cannot sperate reality from fiction, Your story gives hope that fiction can and always will work separately from the sordid reality we are forced to live in. [ending an inning prematurely not counted here, unless you count that as an innings] As always waiting the next instalment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Wonderful. 55555555

funperson969funperson969about 2 months ago

Lovely story! Like others, I read in dread that some horrible shoe would fall (hello: LW) but you wrapped it up nicely. Well done, and thanks!

SeaChangerSeaChangerabout 2 months ago

Nice, but too slow at beginning.

Tarloso2Tarloso2about 2 months ago

I felt good at the end but it's more a romance than lw

BlueFox007BlueFox007about 2 months ago

Beautiful. Thank you.

5*****

mbh129mbh129about 2 months ago

Great story!! Why doesn't Literotica give us 6 stars?

MissMudMissMudabout 2 months ago

Love your happy endings! Thank for a wonderful story! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️👍

ecboyecboyabout 2 months ago

Great story. I’ve tears in my eyes.

mariverzmariverzabout 2 months ago

lindo y tierno

gracias

oldtwitoldtwitabout 2 months ago

Nice sweet story, not what I expected, but not bad

Crusader235Crusader235about 2 months ago

Wonderful story, I'm so glad she came back home to her super man. Love happy endings, five stars, and thank you for it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I thought for sure she was redirecting him from Paris to the island so he would not learn that she was living with some male models. I am also shocked that her past never was revealed when she became famous. So many skeletons come out of the closet from media folks digging for dirt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Loved the flow of the story but felt the ending was rushed. I suppose all good stories have an ending. 5*.

BulldogfortyfourBulldogfortyfourabout 2 months ago

I love a rescue story with a happy ending.

I always look forward your postings.

Thank you for sharing.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Wonderful work. Implausible, perhaps, since a girl raised with no father, by an alcoholic mother with an endless stream of boyfriends would have had deep seated issues, and not simply needed a nice guy to rescue her. But this is a fantasy site, and this was a wonderful fantasy. On a technical note, this could have used a proofreading to catch some of the distracting errors. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

More, more, more. That is an awesome story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Buster2U needs a lot of psychological help

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 months ago

Beautiful love story, thank you! 5 BIG FUCKING ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐'s

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 months ago

Damn good story but I was waiting the whole time for the STHTF. It didn't. Gotta' love a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Quite good, needs more eroticism...

This story is not one of the traditional major genres usually available in LW, so, this is a breath of fresh air.

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Thought for sure they were done , that he’d book a flight to Paris and find her shacked up with some male model or something and he’d return home a beaten shell of his former self . But no you had to make it a happy ending and I can’t tell you how much I appreciated that . Well worth the five stars

60022Mallard60022Mallardabout 2 months ago

Liked it.

Did they go shopping the first time with her in the bathrobe if her clothes were in the washer?

$20,000 ring?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Beautiful story, great character development, well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

What a beautiful story, well told. I love a good redemption. Thank you, LTW.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

5 Stars on a good read . GW .. This is a solid story for me

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

No good deed goes unpunished. Yeah, screw that. Thanks. Loved the outcome. Would be good on Hallmark. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This is certainly different from the usual stuff in LW. Kudos again to the author for an interesting and well told story. Megan's transformaion is quite remarkable. It's nice to believe that this quasi fairy tale is possible.

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 months ago

Not sure why this is in LW and not Romance, but ignoring that an excellent story of saving someone, helping them go forward and letting them go when they start to fly. Fortunately, the bird was a homing pigeon.

donjuan1954donjuan1954about 2 months ago

Sweet story, thanks.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 2 months ago

Aw, this has to be one of your best. And that, my friend, is saying something because you keep raising the bar and then sailing right on over it with your next offering. Thank you for this sweet journey!

TeggeTeggeabout 2 months ago

Wonderful story!, Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I worked with a model in Dallas who'd quit Ford and could pick and choose her work stateside. She said the family she got, the friends she made, and saving the wear and tear on her mind and body were worth 10X the money and fame she forfeited. If you've been in the business, think brunette, nearly six feet tall with gold-flecked hazel eyes, late 90s, based out of Dallas. Remember, now? Yeah, her. Great story that brought back memories, but you are one of the ones who always deliver excellence on this site. Evocative and moving...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Yeah, a well told story in LW, with good, decent, honorable, and sensible people, behaving lovingly and honorably throughout. Yeah 🤙🏿

GardenshedGardenshedabout 2 months ago

What a great story, always like these types of stories of someone with having such a hard life by accident finding someone that shows the love and support.

Thanks for sharing, added this story to my favorites

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 2 months ago

This is a wonderful and well-written 5-star love story of a couple of 'lost' souls finding rach other, and realizing true love.

He rescues her, believes in her, encouraged her to chase her dream even though it hurt him to let her do it. Ultimately they are reunited when she has built enough self-confidence to come back to her hero, and changes her career to allow her to be together with him.

Again, a true Loving Wives story.

Very nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Nice fantasy. Well written too. Still a fantasy though. Humans are products of their environment. We are the most adaptable animals on this rock because of that. Throw the most upstanding, moral person in a a den full of narcissism, greed and hedonism and, given enough time, they will be fitting right in. It's how we are bult and it's not even a conscious process. Especially whe it involves a person who was starved before they got their break.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Great story, but really more a romance and a good one at that, rather than LW.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Well written story that is definitely in the wrong category. Unless we just assume this was on the reality side of things, and she did massive amounts of drugs and got ran through constantly while being a top model, alone, in Paris for three years. Then she finally had her fill and decided she wanted to settle down. Anyway, I know you wrote this as a romantic fantasy so I'm gonna say that's not the case. Not a bad story overall.

usaretusaretabout 2 months ago

I waited through the whole tale for the axe to fall. I was glad to see it never did.

fritz51fritz51about 2 months ago

I too waited for the axe to fall, only to be heartened by the fact that I was on the last page & if she did ditch him it would take at least another page to resolve that! 5*s

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

The author did not answer the question: what was the reason for the decrease in the number of her phone calls and text messages, their routine and detachment during the last period of her stay in Europe? Indeed, it looked very much like an affair that had arisen, or perhaps the beginning of her infatuation with someone. But apparently, she either caught herself and was afraid of losing her "knight in shining armor", or Sheila informed her about John's fears. Ashamed and afraid of paparazzi and gossip, Megan decided to give up everything, all past, current and future temptations and seductions and return to her only true love. Without explanation, it looked exactly like that. Also, as an option - for those last three covers that followed in a row - she still had to pay with sex. Because of guilt, this detachment in communication followed. Realizing where she was going, remembering the analogy with her work at the gas station, Megan decided to slow down and, before it was too late, return to John.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Romance category for sure. Well-written as usual. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Very sweet, LTW! Thank you. Five stars ⭐️ for this one.

XluckyleeXluckyleeabout 2 months ago

5 stars from Xluckylee for a wonderful, loving story. I personally don't care what category you want to put it in.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerabout 2 months ago

Great story with the right touch of emotional turmoil to get to 5 stars. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

My comment probably didn't go through (it hasn't been published for more than 36 hours), so I'll repeat it.

The author did not answer the question: what was the reason for the decrease in the number of phone calls and text messages from Megan, their routine and restraint at the end of her stay in Europe? It was really very similar to her infatuation with someone else, the beginning of a passionate love affair or an intense sexual relationship. But either Sheila told her about John's suspicions, or Megan herself, remembering the paparazzi and gossip about celebrities, was afraid of being caught and thereby forever losing her "knight in shining armor." Ashamed of her actions and her attitude towards John, she decides to break with all past, current and future temptations and seductions once and for all, give up a great career and return to her only true love. Without explanation, it looks exactly like this. Or does the author actually mean something like that?

Also, as an explanation, we can assume that she paid with sex for posting her photos on those three last covers. Guilt and remorse caused this detachment and coldness in communication. Megan clearly realized the analogy with her job at a gas station - the difference is only in status and the amount of money. Realizing what she's getting into, Megan decides to hit the brakes, turn around and head back to John before it's too late.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Super thank you

kalash777kalash777about 2 months ago

Only five stars???? It's at least ten!!!!!!

KirkelKirkelabout 2 months ago

Yeah, that’s a good one!

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerabout 2 months ago

I kept waiting for this to blow up. Thank you that it never did. kalash777 is right-at least ten stars. Sweet? Syrupy?? Disgustingly sappy?? Hell yeah!! Nice? You better believe it. The Bear loved it. Makes you glad some people write nice stuff as opposed to just lurid sex and blood and guts. (Who, ME??) Keep writing, bud. I like it.

The BEAR

NitpicNitpicabout 2 months ago
Decent

Decent story with a nice ending.Pleasing to see she didn't get seduced by her fame and never forgot him.

Vamp82Vamp82about 2 months ago

Hands down five stars. You had me worried there for a minute. I started to expect the worse when John felt like he was losing Megan, and her Text messages weren't being as enthusiastic. I was about to think this wasn't going to be a happy ending and then boom! Just when John's depression was at it's worst since Megan took the modeling job, she magically appears in his bed. They get married and have a daughter, and that's a happy ending.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

After reading a story of this quality I always want to say something profound so that the author will know how great an impact her craftsmanship (craftswomanship?) had upon me.

Alas and woe, I can never come up with anything even remotely adequate.

So please simply know that when all the quibbling of other readers about this or that is done--you have one who can only stand (sit?) in awe of your creative talent.

Thank you for your gifts. More please....

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Just great. Like others eas waiting for the shoe to drop. This is truly a LW story to enjoy. Thanks for sharing a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Wrong section

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 2 months ago

Great love story, I really enjoyed the read. Thanks for your Great writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This is the BEST of your stories that I've read. It's one of those that make you wish it was your life. Thanks for the tale! 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A cute feel good story, well done

MythicArjunaMythicArjunaabout 2 months ago

This is a great story that, while stands on its own merits, feels like a wierd mix that is part '8 Mile' (StangStar06), part 'The Unicorn' (qhml1), and part 'Sales Team' (Cat5). But a great read. Loved it.

DukeofPaducahDukeofPaducahabout 1 month ago

I quite enjoyed this. The story arc was managed with masterly skill. Tension was slowly built and well maintained as I kept waiting for the infidelity hammer to drop. I was glad that it didn’t.

This was the most uplifting tale I’ve read in a while. I’ll follow you if you don’t mind.

Mo’ ketchups! (overheard in a Burger King) — Dave Attell

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 1 month ago

have to get this out: ok young and old ppl if u hit someone with ur car and they repeat say dont call anyone. get back in ur car and drive fast and far

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 1 month ago

feels more like "right side up" but owell it was a romance story those are a bit boring for me. was easy to read though. ty for the happy ending

HemmingswayHemmingswayabout 1 month ago

Great job on this one! Perfect story. Can't wait until you next post.

prato1992prato1992about 1 month ago

pasaron 3 años y ella nunca le fue infiel en Francia o donde fuere?mmmmhh🤔

bacchant2bacchant2about 1 month ago

Loved it, so nice to see a good story with a satisfying end in LW.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Hmmm... A tad too much treacle for me, and the MC bawling his eyes out at every opportunity didn't help. The literary equivalent of a chick flick, but, well thought out and executed, so another well done.

rodryder44rodryder44about 1 month ago

A story with a happy ending! I really thought Megan Would fall for the Parisian nightlife. A great story.

Lee2012Lee2012about 1 month ago

Damn onions😢😭

Excellent writing ghat seams real, progresses excellently well and shows a true life, well sort of, “the bump in the night” threw me. The ending, while should always be in s chick-flick reprisal form, I’m freakin-ass glad it end this way. 5 Fresking ⭐️

52casper52casper29 days ago

Great story! so much better than a BTB !

26thNC26thNC29 days ago

Great story like so many you’ve written. It’s so good to read a story with relatable characters instead of something that is just an extended sex scene. Very few writers are able to match your ability at putting meaningful words on paper.

Waldteufel61Waldteufel6129 days ago

Oh, you snuck that happy ending in! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

MightyHornyMightyHorny27 days ago

Let's be honest: this should have be added in Romance, not LW.

But, you know... whatever.

Great story all around. Thanks for the share, author.

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

Definitely "ROMANCE", So nice to have something heartwarming, Thank You.

SatyrDickSatyrDick22 days ago

[24..4.24]

Que Romantique!

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

4 Stars from GW on this one .. We all know that long distance romances do not work . That cost you a star . I think that they said that about 20% of long distance romances work . My track record is 1 out of 3

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous