A Couple Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sarah walked in from the shower, gloriously naked, and asked, "What about me?" Lisa lay back with come hither eyes and said, "There is a queue. You must wait your turn."

After only a few days, Sarah seemed like family. She crawled slowly across the bed, telling Lisa, "If we are going to be partners, why doesn't he do both of us at once?"

I said, firmly, "Absolutely not. We do not have both partners on maternity leave at the same time!"

On a Friday evening before the Monday press conference, I drove Lisa and Sarah to the airport. They complained about checking baggage. "There is so much paper from the lawyer and the publicity woman! And our new business dresses."

I inquired, "Dresses? I thought executive women had fancy suits."

"Oscar, we are the new wave. Strong smart women who maintain their charms. We have found a name for the merged organization. It is going to be Persephone, Ltd. She was an ancient symbol of fertility and also of the underworld. Isn't that appropriate, considering we are taking down a bunch of male creeps?"

I groaned. "This is too much. I need to look for something more offensive than 'pushy broad.' With all your female talent, you'd better find some hetero angles or risk being typed as the dyke company!"

At home, I told Natalie and Suzanne, "They have the bit in their teeth. Did you hear the new name? 'Persephone, Ltd'! The press conference will be amazing!"

Indeed it was. At 4 am on Monday, the early swimmers, Suzanne, Natalie and I were sitting in the video studio watching a crowd gather in a ballroom at one of the upscale Park Lane hotels. The press release had offered a lunch following the announcement, and it appeared forty or fifty press and finance people had showed up. The video was great, the five Persephone women looked amazing, and the meeting started promptly at one in London. Madelyn was master of ceremonies.

Oscar was wiggling in his crib next to Natalie and suddenly, video of us was being shown on a screen in London, with narration by Madelyn, who described the swimmers as SV early bird swimmers and technology heavyweights. There was clapping in London.

Lisa took the stage and described the recent history of West End Enterprises, thanking its clients profusely for their business. With a few carefully chosen words, she segued into an introduction of Sarah, as a new partner who would bring Silicon Valley expertise to the West End portfolio.

Apparently, it had been decided that Sarah would handle the new name. After a fabulous tour of technology buzzwords and their emerging new lines of business in the Valley, she announced that Persephone, Ltd. would retain all the excellent skills of West End, and lead present and new clients into an expanded range of investment opportunities with offices in London and SV.

Madelyn took back the mike and said lunch would be served momentarily, with the officers and staff of Persephone available for any questions.

At our end, the swimmers clapped and congratulated Suzanne. "Well done. Amazing job. Do we get to buy insider stock?" Stripping off her wrap dress with a suit under it, she patted tough behinds and answered, "You are the Founders, who always get first dibs!" Geoff was not in evidence and I wondered if he was hiding out on the phone with his disappointed buddies, plotting new mischief.

Oliver gurgled contentedly in my arms as we walked back to the kitchen for coffee and breakfast. Natalie was gushing, "Oscar, your sister and her acolytes did a great job!"

"Yes. Now they have to deliver. It's going to be busy. What about us? Do we join them and give up our long time jobs?"

As long as Oliver wasn't hungry, he thought playing with Dad was fine. Natalie smiled at me and said, "He is just a big bundle of dividing cells, isn't he?"

"Yes. It seems the boot will guide his growth and fix the problem. Nature can be capricious, but with luck, mistakes can be caught and repaired."

He squawked and she took him away to her favorite feeding location on our bed. I needed more sleep and crawled under the blanket next to them.

At noon our time, Suzanne appeared and said we were wanted on the video link. "They've been out celebrating and are a bit boozy, but wanted to share some news."

Natalie stayed where she was, saying I had her proxy. The screen was full of half-dressed female bodies. Lisa yelled across five thousand miles, "Oscar, we won, but there is all this work! Will you help?"

The other five were down to sexy lace briefs and locked arms for a kicking contest. Suzanne hugged me and asked if she should do that at our end?

I smiled, "Lisa, there is a terrible lot to do here as well. Poor Suzanne is worked to the bone!"

That got me a terrific prod in the back, "I'll work your bone!"

London said, "We heard that. She is not for sale. Keep your hands to yourself. We are sending help. Sarah is staying with me to pull loose ends together and absorb the business culture here. Erica and Inge are going to concentrate TLC here for the clients upset by all the rumors and sudden changes. Madelyn and Wilma are headed your way the day after tomorrow."

Suzanne answered, "Fine. The swimmers are wanting an inside track to whatever it is we are selling!"

I said, "Pump up Madelyn with the story about what you think Natalie and I can contribute. You had us signed up once, and probably can again."

When Suzanne and I got back to the house, Natalie was in the kitchen, wide awake and fixing lunch. She gave us an inquiring glance.

"They are tipsy and on a high from all the excitement. Madelyn and Wilma will be here in two days. They want you and me to work for them."

The sun was warm and we took lunch to the edge of the pool. I brought Oliver, asleep in his crib.

Natalie took a bite of sandwich and said, "Oscar, we have an heir. Can't be too cavalier about money anymore."

Suzanne took a seat on my knees, asking, "Do long time mistresses get anything from the estate?"

I pulled her tight, nibbling on an ear, "You are one of the most beautiful, sexy, smart marriageable women on the planet. A mistress, you are NOT!"

She kissed my forehead. "Oscar, when you talk like that, I get all squishy inside."

I looked at Natalie, mouthing, "Say something!"

"Suzanne, he is right. No mistressing for a hot woman like you. But what he meant to say was that both of us have a terrific respect for everything you have done here. Wherever you go, this can be your safe house. We will be here, ready to gather you in, whatever happens."

Suzanne really was a squishy mess now, crying and shuddering into my shoulder. "Oh dear, I am having a complete breakdown..."

I walked us to the bedroom and covered her up. "Have a little nap and think good thoughts."

Back in the sun, Natalie took my hand and kissed it. "That was very nice of you."

"I just wish I could snap my fingers and produce the perfect mate for her."

I looked up and Natalie was laughing and picking up a wiggling Oliver. "You sound like my mother, Oscar!"

I mumbled, "There are worse things," and wandered off to my email.

(cont'd in Part 6)

12