A Dragon's Tale Ch. 22

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"And Sissy caught it!" Rachel's own daughter added.

The girls wiggled in his arms and he set them down. They announced they were going to find another butterfly to show him before running off towards the woods. Rachel couldn't help but smile as she walked to up to Ethan and laid her head down his shoulder.

"Good morning beautiful." He said, kissing the top of her head. Something about the way he said it was absolutely sincere. She knew in her bones, could feel in her heart, that he truly thought she was beautiful.

She looked up into his draconic face and smiled back with a wink as she gave her usual response. "Good morning ugly."

He snort-laughed as always, rested his hand on her very pregnant stomach, and then grinned lopsidedly at her. "If I'm so ugly, then why did you enjoy making this little one so much?"

She sighed and leaned into him, falling into his arms. He held her for a few moments.

"You okay?" He asked.

"I am now." She said contentedly.

"Hey, don't hog him all to yourself." Alana said good-naturedly from behind her. The brunette wrapped her arms around them both, so Rachel was sandwiched in between them. She then leaned up and Ethan kissed her right in front of the redhead.

"My turn." Rachel said, and then turned it into a three-way kiss.

"I never get tired of that." He said when their kiss broke, then he looked around. "Where's everyone else?"

"Beth and Taloni insisted on taking your other wives shopping, and they brought all the kids except the two who just ran to play in the forest." Rachel replied.

"I think what the sexy redhead is trying to say is that our girls are off playing and you know how they are when they go exploring. They probably won't bother us for at least an hour... sir."

Ethan gave a mock sigh with a mischievous grin. "Oh dang, I just can't think of anything to do with the free time."

"Nor I... my lord." Rachel grinned suggestively.

She was feeling as happy as she ever had in her entire life. She just felt better when her husband was around. Knowing that the two girls would be occupied for quite some time and that they knew better than to open a closed bedroom door, she tugged her husband and best friend towards the bedroom.

* * *

Rachel gradually became aware that she was waking up from a dream, and internally groaned. It had been such a pleasant dream. Her marriage to Ethan, her daughter, her obviously close friendship with Alana and seeing their daughters play together made it easily the best dream she'd ever had.

She just barely had time to register how wonderful it was before she wonder what the other option was. She found herself wondering what her life might be like if she didn't marry him as she slipped back off to sleep.

* * *

Rachel walked up the long spiral staircase for the millionth time. It was exhausting and she made a mental note to invent something to make these long staircases easier to go up. Not only was it exhausting, the drab grey tones everywhere grated on the nerves.

"Good morning Arch mage." Her secretary said when she passed through the ornate door at the top. Despite the gold, it seemed drab and colorless too. She barely even noticed the exquisite trappings of the room. She had felt so honored when she'd been given this office so long ago. Now...

"Morning Cassandra." The redhead replied as she walked to the window.

She looked out over the sprawling metropolis of Arcanum and sighed. It had gotten so big, especially in the last two decades. She brushed her hair out of her eyes, noting a few more grey strands than the last time she'd payed attention. It seemed the grey finally outnumbered the red, and she didn't have the emotional energy to magically dye it anymore.

"What's on the docket for this morning?" She asked absentmindedly.

"The king sent another letter, with a larger gift." Cassandra replied. "He promised it would only take a few days."

"I just don't feel like it; tell him no." Rachel sighed. "What else?"

"The mage's guild is requesting you resume your position as chairman. Again." Cassandra held up a letter that was incredibly ornate and even shimmered slightly.

"They enchanted the paper; cute." She rolled her eyes and almost smiled, but just didn't have it in her.

"Shall I tell them again that you respectfully decline?" Cassandra asked.

"Or even not respectfully." She sighed. "I don't care."

"Yes ma'am. Also, Lady Ejder sent a message."

Rachel perked up. "Oh?"

"Yes ma'am. She's coming to town in two weeks with a few of her grandchildren and wondered if-"

"Clear my schedule for the entire time that she's here." Rachel said, feeling a true smile creep onto her face for the first time in... in... Huh, she couldn't remember.

Had it been that long?

"But Arch mage, you have a dinner with the emperor scheduled." Cassandra said.

From her tone, Rachel could tell that the young woman expected this to change her mind.

It didn't.

"Cassandra, how old are you?" Rachel asked.

"Twenty three Arch mage." She replied proudly.

"And what do you want to do with your life?"

Cassandra blushed slightly.

"No need to be embarrassed; tell me."

"I um..." Cassandra looked down for a moment and then back at her. "I want to be you Arch Mage. Well, not you, but like you."

Rachel laughed.

Not a cheery laugh, but one that was resigned and devoid of mirth. "You don't want to be me Cassie, or at least you wouldn't if you were."

"Begging your pardon Arch Mage, but you've achieved everything I want to achieve."

"You handle my schedule, you know how many Lords and kings I meet with and how many great men I entertain. Now answer me this, for whom do I clear my schedule."

"Only Lord Ejder or his wives." Cassie replied.

"Do you know why?"

"They are legendary!" She exclaimed. "They were the ones who..." She trailed off. "That's not it, is it?"

"Their achievements mean nothing to me; but their friendship..." Rachel shook her head. "Do you have friends Cassie?"

"Some Arch Mage."

Rachel shook her head. "No, I mean good friends. Friends with whom you can truly share your soul. Or better yet, someone who might become your husband."

"No Arch Mage, I always figured there would be time for that later."

"Later." Rachel tried to smile, but failed. "Later is a dangerous word because it often turns into 'never'. I wanted to get married, to have children, but I always said I'd do it 'later'. Now..."

"But with everything you've done-" Cassie started to say.

"I still sleep alone." Rachel said quietly.

"But surely with who you are, there are many men who pursue you." Cassie pointed out.

"At one time, yes." She said, running her hands through her greying hair. "But none who I wanted to catch me."

"There must've been one."

"There was one, but..." She trailed off, thinking about what she could've had.

"Was it Lord Ejder?" Cassandra asked tentatively.

"Is it that obvious?"

"You light up whenever he comes into town."

Rachel nodded. "I never met a man who was his equal."

"Is he as good as the stories say?"

"Better."

* * *

Rachel wasn't sure if she had just woken up or if she was still dreaming. She was definitely laying in her hammock on the Argo, but she still wasn't sure she was awake. She sat up and looked around.

It looked the same as ever.

As usual, she had the room to herself. She wasn't sure when Anthiel slept, but it was rarely when she herself was sleeping. Rachel had lain her clothes in the hammock that Alana had occupied before she had gotten married. They used to talk into the night before she had married Ethan and she missed that. The room was dim, but she could tell it was still light outside, perhaps noon or early afternoon.

Oddly, she felt like she was being watched, but not in a creepy way.

"Hello Rachel." A musical voice said from behind her.

She turned to see a woman clad entirely in robes of purest white. Her clothes and skin seemed to shine like the sun, but with the warmth of a flickering candle. She looked to be about Rachel's age, but that simply wasn't possible. She had the beautiful face of a young woman untouched by age, but the eyes and presence of someone ancient and full of wisdom.

Her heart-shaped face was the picture of perfect femininity and was beautifully framed by her long hair that was probably blond, but that might've just been the light. She had a soft smile on her face that instantly made Rachel feel very comfortable and safe.

"Gabriella?" Rachel asked.

The luminous woman nodded.

She cocked her head to one side. "The angel?"

The other woman ignored her question. "You must make a choice Rachel. My Lord wanted you to make an informed choice, but you must make one."

"About?"

Gabriella raised her eyebrow.

"The dreams." The redhead nodded as comprehension dawned on her. "Is that what will happen?"

"Not specifically." The luminous woman replied. "While the specifics aren't necessarily accurate, the generalities are. The dreams didn't tell you exactly what would happen; they told you what your life would be like depending on the choice you make."

"What if I don't make one?"

"Sometimes, not making a choice is making a choice." Gabriella said kindly.

Rachel bit her lip.

She knew what the woman meant. If she didn't make an actual choice - if she didn't choose Ethan - the second dream was far more likely. She wanted to become an Arch Mage, and that's where she was headed without a good reason not to.

The second dream had been so cold and impersonal though. She knew - she wasn't sure how, but she knew - that she'd achieved everything a wizard could possibly want. She had reached the pinnacle of what was possible with magic and was revered throughout the land.

And yet...

The sheer amount of joy and happiness she felt when being woken up by her own daughter, and watching her play with Alana's daughter, and then kissing and being held by Ethan...

She sighed.

Then frowned.

"I don't know if I can choose." She finally said.

"Why not?" Gabriella asked. "Which do youreally want?"

Rachel's mind instantly went to the little redheaded girl, waking up next to Alana, and walking around with the stomach of a pregnant woman. She had loved all of it. She had loved seeing Ethan flying home, she had loved hugging and kissing him, and she...

"I called him 'my lord', didn't I?" She said frowning.

"You did."

"I don't want a lord." Rachel declared firmly.

The angel raised her eyebrow.

"You know what I mean. I'm fine with Illuminar of course because He's God, but I don't want a human 'lord'. I want to be in control of my own life."

"Then, do you choose the second dream?" Gabriella asked. It was an honest question, not pushing or hinting; merely asking.

"Why can't I have both? Why can't I be my own lord and still marry him?"

"You are a brilliant woman Rachel; one of the smartest of your age in fact. I'm sure you can tell me."

It didn't take long for the reason to become obvious to the redhead. "Because sometimes, Ethan and his wives won't agree on what needs to happen; on what needs to be done. If everyone was their own lord and no one had the final say, chaos would ensue." She cocked her head to one side. "Or perhaps nothing would get done."

Gabriella spread her hands palms up as if to say: "You have your answer."

"But why? Couples make it work, why not a polygynous marriage with multiple wives?"

Gabriella looked at her, apparently waiting for her to answer her own question.

Finally Rachel sighed. "That wouldn't really work, would it?"

"What would happen if an army had two generals and they had to agree on every course of action in a war before a move was made?"

"It would be a nightmare." Rachel conceded. "And that's just with two. If you had four wives plus a husband..."

Gabriella nodded.

"I hate that." Rachel slumped back into her hammock, though she still wasn't entirely sure she was awake. The whole conversation seemed surreal. Plus she had opened up instantly to this woman who she barely knew; that wasn't like her.

Not at all.

The sad thing was that she trusted Ethan. If she was going to let anyone lead her somewhere - if she was ever going to follow someone - it would be him. She highly doubted that she would ever meet his equal.

"You won't." Gabriella said, seemingly answering her thoughts.

Rachel remembered the second dream and how she'd said that she hadn't. She shook her head, which was the problem: her head. Her head and her heart seemed to be locked in a furious battle for her future. She had never let her heart win out over her head before. But now... now shealmost wanted to.

"Do I have to decide now?" She asked.

Gabriella shook her head. "My Lord understands your struggle, and there is yet time. But when you see your father and black wings on the same day, know the time to choose is at hand."

Rachel sat bolt upright. "My father? I don't want to see him." She hissed. Her hand subconsciously went to the black mark on her finger where the will-breaker ring had been.

"I will visit you once more before then." Gabriella said kindly. "Think on it and remember: sometimes not making a choice is making a choice."

* * *

Ethan could feel the waking world returning and tried to keep his head in dreamland, but it didn't work. He was laying on his back lamenting the return to consciousness when he felt a familiar sensation.

Something warm and wet was touching his...

He opened his eyes and looked down. Beth and Taloni were at the foot of the bed wearing identical happy-but-embarrassed smiles. He could see them over Alana's mischievous expression as she gently flicked his cock with her tongue.

"That didn't take long." Beth said with an amused expression, though her face was slightly pink.

"Good morning-" Taloni glanced out the enormous glass-blocked window that covered the rear of the captain's cabin. It was clearly past noon "-err, good afternoon master."

*Good afternoon... sir.* Alana thought to him as she put her tongue to better use.

He winked at them as he almost growled in pleasure. "Good afternoon ladies, come here often?"

They all looked at him confused.

"It's from... never mind; it's an Earth thing." He said, after which Alana shrugged then went back to gently kissing and flicking his cock with her tongue.

"Ah, that feels amazing." He said leaning back and enjoying his first wife's loving care.

"Would you like some help?" He heard Taloni say after a few moments.

"Help with what?" He asked, then realized moments later that she hadn't been talking to him when he felt a second tongue on his cock.

He looked down to see that Alana and Taloni were rather nervously and in close proximity both gently kissing and licking his cock. Behind them, Beth looked transfixed and was subconsciously licking her lips.

"May I please help too Dominus?" The blonde asked.

"Absolutely." He grinned ear-to-ear, which actually wasn't that hard for a dragon.

Moments later, he was treated to possibly the most arousing, sensual, and loving sight he'd ever seen in his entire life. All three of his wives were gently kissing, licking, and suckling on various part of his cock.

They weren't attacking it furiously to merely get him off, nor doing it out of obligation. No, they truly wanted to be right where they were, doing exactly what they were doing... for him.

They all glanced at him as one, and telepathically said all at once:

"I love you sir."

"I love you Dominus."

"I love you master."

He smiled. "I love you too; all of you."

His wives all sighed as they continued. Alana slid up a bit further than the others and tenderly kissed the sensitive underside where the head met the shaft. She then kissed higher and slipped her lips over his enormous head. She had to open her mouth as wide as possible to fit him, and he loved seeing her do that for him.

A little lower down, Beth was gently flicking her tongue and kissing the middle of his shaft. Still lower, Taloni was taking care of the base just as tenderly as the other two, possibly more.

"This must be what heaven feels like." He said as he laid back and enjoyed the sensations.

Then they abruptly stopped.

"Please wait one moment sir." Alana said.

He looked down to see the three women retreat out of earshot before Alana whispered something to his other wives. All glanced at him with mischievous looks on their faces.

"Alana?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Please trust me sir?" She asked seductively.

"Okay." He said; she'd never steered him wrong before.

The three came back to the bed and resumed their work with renewed vigor. They kept sending him flirtatious glances and he could clearly see the arousal in their eyes.

"Girls, I'm not going to last much longer if you keep-" He started to say, then was interrupted when - as if on cue - all three of his wives started sending him warm feelings of love and affection over their bond simultaneously. Moments later, Alana sealed her lips over the head of his cock, just as he started to cum.

It was incredible.

He let out a long groan of release as the physical sensations combined with their feelings through the bond sent him right over the edge. He could feel Alana sucking gently, trying to milk his cum into her mouth. She started to shudder slightly and her thoughts became muddled as he felt her go through a mini-orgasm.

When he was finally done, the wood elf nudged his blonde wife who took her place. Instantly, he could feel himself start to orgasm again as the ball which only released for Beth began to empty itself into the teen's waiting mouth. No sooner had she caught the first spurt, than she too began to tremble slightly. She sighed and groaned softly through her mini-climax as he spent his seed into her mouth.

His cock momentarily lost the warm sensation of feminine lips until his Fey wife took the blonde's place.

*Please let me taste you master.* She said, pleading with both her eyes and tone.

He didn't even try to deny her and moments later felt her quiver in pleasure as he fulfilled her request. She was more vocal and louder than the others, and her sighs and moans filled the cabin.

Taloni backed off when he was finally and fully spent, keeping her mouth closed. She slid back so the brunette, the blonde, and the honey-blonde were all in a row. They glanced sheepishly at one another, then nodded, then all faced him. As one, they all opened their mouths so he could see his cum in their mouths, then closed their mouths, visibly swallowed, then opened them again so he could see that they had in fact swallowed.

He blinked.

"Wow." He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "You ladies are amazing; come here." He opened his arms and they all rushed forward, nearly tackling him in a tangle of limbs. Alana ended up on his left side, Taloni his right, and Beth was draped over his chest. He hugged them all tightly.

That's when he realized; they were all fully clothed.

"Ya'll are somewhat overdressed for what we just did." He pointed out.

"Actually, we didn't come in here-" Alana started to say then went bright red and stopped.

"I must be rubbing off on you." He replied, recognizing the accidental double entendre.

"Orin her." Beth said giggling, but also blushing.

"I love it when he rubs off in us." Taloni added blushing furiously, but looking happy anyway.

"Amen." Alana agreed. "I meant that we...entered the captain's cabin to tell you about something that Anthiel saw while Kyrupto was here."

"Oh?" He asked, suddenly feeling more serious.

"Yes master, and please don't be mad; remember she saved my life." His Fey wife added.