A Dragon's Tale Ch. 24

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Did you and master have a good talk?" The Fey girl asked as she arrived.

"It was..." She hesitated while looking for the right word.

"...illuminating." Ethan finished and she nodded.

He continued his retreat as Taloni walked closer. "Do you really need to go?"

"I do. I need to confirm the story I just heard. It's... it was pretty wild."

The Fey nodded. "I hope we see you again."

"You very well might." Kendra said, thinking that she owed Ethan and the rest of the crew a serious apology if their story checked out.

"We're going to the wood elven capital next." Taloni said. "I'm not sure how long we'll be there, but if you finish confirming that our story is true before we leave, I'd love if you could visit us there."

"I might."

"Then may Illuminar light your path."

"Blessed be He." Kendra replied. "I hear there's a mountain in the wood elven kingdom where you can actually talk to Him."

"Mount Ianis." Taloni nodded. "I've heard the stories, but only the king can give access."

Kendra nodded, having heard the same thing. "May Illuminar light your path as well..." She hesitated and then added. "...and the path of those you travel with."

The Fey beamed, and then walked up to the dragon huntress and gave her a huge hug.

It was wonderful.

Better than the first one.

Given the choice, Kendra would've given up everything that she'd ever owned and everything that she currently owned to get just one hug like that every day. She blinked again, desperately holding back tears.

Taloni gave her a little extra squeeze, and then let go. "You know, life doesn't need to be lonely Kendra."

The dragon huntress smiled as she managed to keep her tears at bay. "I've heard that, but never seen it."

The Fey teen smiled and then glanced back at her husband and fellow wives before looking back at her. "Now you have."

Kendra glanced towards them and felt herself get slightly choked up. Was it really possible? Were they really what they seemed to be; what their story made them out to be? It seemed both impossible to believe and yet also impossible to deny. As she looked at them, her eyes landed on Ethan. He was looking at her with a strange expression that she didn't quite recognize.

It was almost sympathy.

"I have to go." She walked quickly to her airship and hopped in. Seconds later, she had untied the mooring ropes and pushed off against the Argo. Seconds after that, her mast had cleared the Argo's side and she activated all of the ballast logs all at once. Consequently, her ship rocketed skyward for a moment until she deactivated them.

Then, safe from prying eyes, she let the tears silently fall.

* * *

Hailey's stomach was way past butterflies. It felt like there was there was a whole Irish dance team doing a jig in her stomach. She stood in the corner of the small, concrete cell with Melinda, neither woman saying anything.

"Um, you wanted to talk?" She finally said to her Latina friend.

"I was always jealous of you and Jason, did I ever tell you that?" She said softly.

"No, I never knew. Jealous of what?"

"You two always seemed so close. There was this spark between you that I was always a bit jealous of. He was so excited while he was going engagement ring shopping, and even more so when he found one."

"Oh." She didn't know what else to say. "I mean, he got a ring for you too, remember?"

"Yeah." The Latina conceded. She was silent for a moment before speaking again. "He didn't ask me out, I asked him out. Did I tell you that?"

"No." Hailey said hesitantly, not sure where her best friend was going with this.

"It was about a year ago and I'd had a little too much to drink." Mels continued. "He had spent the previous three years pining for you Hailey."

"He did?"

She nodded. "You'd been gone three years and on that first date, you came up more than once. I dressed up as beautiful as I know how, and even with me in front of him, you still came up."

"Mels, I'm sure that--" Hailey started to say, but the Latina held up her hand.

"I know he loves me." She looked like she did know it, but that didn't change the anxiety on her face. "He's so good and thoughtful, and he adores me; I know he does."

"But...?" Something in her tone made Hailey think a 'but' was coming.

Melinda looked down for a moment before meeting Hailey's eyes again. "But I'm worried that... that since you're back he... he might..."

She swallowed.

"Oh." Hailey said as she realized what the other woman was thinking. "Mels, I would never, ever come between you. I wouldn't do that to you."

"I know you wouldn't, but that's not it." She shook her head. "Our world isn't setup for how Ethan and his... his wives do things. I'm worried that if he had to choose between us that he..." She got a bit choked up and the words died on her lips.

"Oh." Hailey took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

There was a tiny part of her -- a part she wasn't proud of -- that was glad Jason might choose her if he was forced to pick between them. However, that part was completely subsumed by concern for her friend. She knew exactly how wonderful it was to be loved by Jason. If she had to face the prospect of losing that, especially to another woman...

"I mean, it's not like we're married." Melinda continued, then put her hand protectively on her very pregnant stomach. "I know he wouldn't leave me, but if he really had to pick only one of us, I.... I'm not sure that..." She choked up a bit.

"Mels, I've seen the way he looks at you and I know him; he'd never leave you."

"I know. But you're here now, within his reach, and for all those years he..." She swallowed. "I'm just worried that if he was forced to choose between us..." Her voice faltered.

Hailey paused for a moment, deciding if she really wanted to voice the thought that was in her head. If would certainly alleviate Melinda's concerns, but it would be like ripping her own heart out. Even so, she couldn't stand to see her friend hurting like this; not if she could help.

Hailey took a deep breath. "I... I don't have to stay. I could leave--."

"No, no please don't." Melinda interrupted looking horrified. "Don't do that. We just got you back and I don't think either of us could take losing you again."

Hailey managed a half smile. "I was hoping you'd say that."

"There might be another option." Mels said quietly. "That's why I wanted to talk to you."

"Oh?" Hailey was all ears.

"If I'm honest with myself, my biggest fear is losing him." The Latina said. "I can think of a way to deal with that, but it'll be hard, and complicated; but maybe possible. Maybe?"

"How?" Hailey asked with baited breath.

"Um." The Latina woman took several deep breaths, as she always did when she was steeling herself. "We could..." Another deep breath. "We could take a page out of Ethan's book."

Hailey's jaw dropped.

She felt her eyes get moist as her best friend's words washed over her. "Really? You'd do that?"

Melinda bit her lip, then nodded slowly. "I think I could. I can't lose him, and I know I'll never stop worrying about that unless either you leave -- which we would all hate -- or if..." Another deep breath. "...if we made it so he didn't have to choose."

"You realize what you're saying though?" Hailey asked with baited breath.

"I think I do." Melinda took another deep breath and let it out slowly. "You're my best friend Hailey, and the three of us have always gotten along perfectly. I think it could work; at least, I'm willing to try if you are."

"I am; I so am." She could feel her face slowly breaking into a wide smile as tears of joy collected at the corners of her eyes. "But are you sure you're okay with it?"

"Honestly, I'm not sure." Melinda gave her a slightly pained smile. "But I'mless okay with the other options. I can't lose either of you."

"I promise you never will." Hailey said. "I couldn't bear having him to myself if it meant hurting you."

Melinda almost smiled. "Yeah, that's what I was thinking too."

"So, a pact then?" Hailey offered. "Either he gets both of us, or neither of us."

Melinda smiled wryly. "We might need to twist his arm."

Hailey half-chuckled. "Together, I think we can."

"We can." Mels nodded.

Hailey breathed a sigh of relief, feeling like an enormous weight had been lifted from her heart.

Melinda followed suit.

"So, in the spirit of our new pact, I was going to suggest..." Melinda glanced at Jason, who was determinedly looking elsewhere. He probably wasn't even trying to eavesdrop; he was good that way. The Latina looked back at Hailey. "I was going to suggest that you... um, that you sleep with him tonight. Not like,sleep with him. Just, you know, sleep next to him."

Hailey could feel herself getting choked up again. "Really?"

Melinda nodded. "I know how wonderful it is to be held by him, and I'm guessing you've missed that."

"So, so much." She said with longing in her voice.

"You know me, I'm not very good at sharing. But if this is going to work..." Melinda glanced at Jason and took a deep breath. "I think I'll need to get better at that."

"You mean it?"

"I mean, I'm going to try."

Hailey hugged her, which was a little awkward as she had to bed over slightly to avoid smooshing the Latina's very pregnant belly. She knew her friend's motivation was partially fear of loss, but she hoped that Melinda would see that neither she nor Jason wouldever intentionally hurt her.

"Let me talk to him for a minute, then you two can, um... you know." Melinda said as their hug broke.

Hailey nodded and went back over to sit on Selene's cot while Melinda waved Jason over.

The drop dead gorgeous ex-FBI agent gave her an odd look. "So, did I miss something? Is it becoming normal for a man to have two women?"

Hailey shook her head. "Just in the Ten Kingdoms. Well, not 'normal', but not rare either."

Selene nodded slowly. "I see."

"What?"

"It just seems like someone would get jealous and things would fall apart."

"I hope not." Hailey said quietly. "Ethan made it work, so I'm hoping..." She glanced toward her two best friends.

Selene shrugged. "I would hate it, but good luck. I hope it works out for you three."

Hailey took a moment to look at her. She was easily one of the most beautiful women that Hailey had ever seen; in person or in pictures. She had the classic look of a Brazilian supermodel with a hint of oriental ancestry, probably Japanese. As a result, she not only looked drop-dead gorgeous, but also rather exotic. That only complimented her perfect figure, perfect face, and perfect-- well, perfect everything.

Her legs were long, her waist thin, her breasts were perfectly proportioned and made themselves known without being too large. Her long hair seemed to shine and fall in gentle, silky waves. Her lips were full without being huge, her nose was small and cute, and her face was slim and very feminine. This woman had absolutely won the grand prize in the genetic lottery; no doubt about it.

Hailey wasn't attracted to women but, under different circumstances, this near angelic goddess might've made her willing to experiment.

"Hailey."

She turned to see Jason standing there with his hand extended in invitation, his face a mix of delight and a hint of concern.

"Shall we." He said glancing at the empty cot that he and Melinda had occupied not long ago.

"Really?" Hailey swallowed hard and she felt her cheeks spread into a wide smile as her eyes get watery. She knew that all they could do was snuggle, but that was more than she'd done in so, so long.

"Yeah." He nodded. "Four years is long enough, don't you think?"

He offered his hand again, which she took and he led her over to the cot. She sat down first, and he next to her. She bit her lip.

"I talked to Melinda, and she told me about your pact." Jason said, then smiled lopsidedly with a mock-resigned expression. "It took some convincing, but she finally strong-armed me."

Hailey chuckled.

"We'll just be sleeping though; nothing else."

"I'm okay with that." She nodded.

He laid down and pulled her down next to him in the classic spooning position, with him being the big spoon. Moments later, Hailey felt the sensation that she'd been dreaming of -- literally -- for four long years.

He wrapped his arms around her.

She couldn't decide if she wanted to leap for joy or cry in happiness. She snuggled a little closer to him and in mere moments, it felt like the intervening four years hadn't happened. They still fit perfectly together. She was using his bicep as a pillow and his strong arms pressed her closer into him. It wasn't a sexual move, but it was intimate; endearing.

"I missed this." She said softly.

"Yeah." He replied with a contented tone.

"I um... Do you do this, with Mels?" Hailey asked. She wasn't sure why, but she wanted to know.

"Not usually." He said quietly. "I'm usually on my back with her leaning up against me. She prefers the pectorals to the bicep; says they make a fluffier pillow."

Hailey chuckled.

He could always do that, maker her laugh anywhere and anytime at almost anything. She smiled and snuggled closer to him.

"Which do you prefer?" She asked sleepily.

"To have a woman I love in bed with me." He replied diplomatically.

"Which woman?" Hailey asked before she could stop herself.

Without missing a beat, Jason replied: "Which would you rather have, food or water?"

"You want us both?"

"I do."

She sighed contentedly. "No saying 'I do' yet; you haven't even proposed."

He chuckled.

"Maybe we need to become Mormon." Hailey said as sleep slowly began to overtake her.

"I've heard that parts of Utah have good weather."

"Yeah... that's... that's nice..." She replied, but she didn't hear his response because she'd already slipped off to sleep, held tightly in the arms of the man she loved.

* * *

"I think I saw it." Ethan admitted in response to the question.

"Really master?" Her energy was palpable.

"Yeah, right at the end there." He nodded. "She did seem rather lonely."

He was sitting in the captain's cabin with his Fey bride sitting on his lap, her back was against him and his arms around her. Alana and Beth were chatting with Rachel outside, but he had wanted to spend a little time with his Fey wife because he'd been away from her on Earth for almost two days. With all that had happened lately, it was hard to believe that he'd come back from Earth barely more than a day ago.

"I told you she was master."

"And you were right. I'm still not sure how much I care given all she's done, but I think you're right."

"I think she could really use a friend."

"You suggested that she should be a bit more than a friend this morning." He pointed out, remembering her suggestion that Kendra would make a good wife for him.

"I think that would be wonderful." She beamed. "But I realize neither of you are ready yet."

"You talk like it's a forgone conclusion that she's going become one of my wives." He chuckled.

"Oh." Taloni cocked her head to one side as if she'd just realized something. "I guess you're right; I guess it's not a forgone conclusion."

He laughed. "Wow, you need to be reminded that it's not an absolute certainty?"

"I think she would be a great wife for you master." The Fey teen said, fluttering her wings against his torso as she leaned her head back onto his shoulder.

"And, you do realize that if I marry another woman, I'll have less time for all my current wives, right?"

Her face fell slightly. "Oh. I suppose so, but I still think..." She smiled sheepishly. "...I still think that she's really lonely and needs someone like you to love her."

He turned her on his lap so she was sitting across his legs, then looked her in the eye. "You want me to marry Kendra for her sake, even though it will mean I'll have less time for you?"

"Well, I don't want you to have less time for me, or Alana, or Beth, or Rachel, but..." She bit her lip, then nodded.

"You're an incredible woman, you know that?" He said, a wide smile creeping onto his face. "Not many people would be so selfless, and I'm incredibly proud of you."

From the look on the Fey's face, you might've thought that she was just crowed queen of the universe.

"Thank you master!" She flung her arms around him, seemingly jubilant at his praise.

He hugged her back. "You're welcome, and it's the truth. In fact, you've been especially wonderful today, did you know that?"

"I have?" She looked surprised as she drew back.

"You were very insightful this morning, clever about how to approach Kendra, caring with her earlier, and selfless just now."

She snuggled into him. "Thank you master."

"Thank you for being so delightful." He wrapped his arms around her and gave her a squeeze.

She sighed and relaxed completely into him.

"I think I'll do something special for you tonight to say thank you."

"Really?" She looked up at him.

He nodded. "Yup. Now tell me, how long has it been...?" He traced his finger up her side and brushed the edge of her breast.

She moaned, instantly molding herself to him. "Too long master. It was before you left for Earth." She seemed almost desperate to get closer to him, and he recognized the signs of a woman who was very horny.

"Oh wow." He replied, realizing it had indeed been a while. "I hope you took care of yourself then."

She shook her head right before she started nuzzling his neck. "No master, I can't without you."

"What?"

She started kissing up his neck, adjusting herself so that her legs were spread for him as she straddled his lap. "I can't seem to finish without you there master."

"Really?" He ran his finger along her shoulder, which elicited a shudder and moan from her.

"Not without you touching me." She pressed her entire front against him. "Please keep touching me."

He did, slowly running his fingers over her exposed skin anywhere her dress wasn't covering her nubile flesh. As he did so, he had an idea. A wonderful, horrible, terrible, devious, awesome idea about how he could reward her for being so wonderful.

"So basically, you've been edging for a few days?" He asked.

"What's edging?" She said as she kissed his face and neck and rocked her hips against his now hard cock.

"It's when you stimulate yourself to the edge of orgasm, but don't orgasm." He explained. "It makes a person rather hornier than normal."

She groaned. "Yes..." Kiss "I've..." Kiss "been..." Kiss "much..." Kiss "hornier..."

He pulled her back and she sighed in frustration. "Please, please..."

"Oh I definitely will, but I need to take care of a couple things first, and then you'll have my undivided attention." He cocked his head to one side as his idea got even more developed. "Actually, you might have more than justmy attention..."

"Oh?"

"Yes." He grinned as his plan finished forming. "But you'll have to wait just a bit longer."

"Okay, I can wait." She nodded, then adjusted her dress and he realize she might actually be dripping right now. He could certainly smell her arousal, and the scent was very strong. He had a plan to fully satisfy her, but needed a bit of help...

* * *

"I think the biggest problem would be getting tomatoes. They aren't in season right now." Rachel pointed out as she considered it.

"Good point." Beth nodded. "I don't really know how to make a crust like that either. Do one of you?"

Both Alana and Rachel shook their heads. The redhead couldn't help but notice the contented smile on her best friend's face. She looked even more beautiful than usual tonight.

"Yeah, I'm not much for baking." Alana said as she leaned back on the Argo's railing. "I'm not bad with an open fire, but I never liked the oven."

"I wonder if Ethan knows how pizza is cooked." Beth mused as she leaned on the Argo's railing next to Alana, brushing lightly up against her in an undeniably affectionate way. The wood elf smile slightly, and leaned up against the taller blonde. Something about their easy familiarity with each other seemed so natural, like old friends or perhaps close sisters. It was a surprising amount of affection, especially given they had been rivals not long ago.