A Gift Named Holly

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What, this place? This is one of those seasonal stores that we rent out around this time of year, though I think this is the first time I've ever seen this one in particular," he answered.

"So, it won't be reopening today?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"Sorry kid, they closed for good yesterday. Whoever was running this place probably didn't have enough inventory to carry them through the entire season, and when things started running thin, they must have figured it best to count the cash and close shop rather than reorder. Not like the truck would get here before Christmas anyway, you know?"

My heart sank lower in my chest. I felt foolish not to have anticipated something like this, but I was so blinded by hope that I hadn't considered the possibility. It was obvious now that I would have to change things a bit. It was disappointing, but I was here now, and there was no way I was going to leave empty handed. I just needed to find another gift, and deal with Chloe later.

Holly could tell I was upset, but she remained quiet during our slow trip back to the ground floor. I needed to think of new ideas, but first I needed to put some food in my stomach. I took my companion to the food court and ordered two large slices of pizza and a soda to share. Watching Holly take her first bite of pizza brought a new smile to my face, but it was only a temporary distraction.

"Mind if I sit here?"

I looked up from my plate to an unexpected sight, but then I remembered this was a mall. It made sense there would be someone dressed as Santa Claus walking around, and of course that poor employee would need lunch at some point.

"Not at all," I replied, clearing a space for our jolly guest.

"Thank you kindly! It's so crowded in here, I was worried I'd have to eat in the sleigh!" The imitation Santa took a seat next to me, tucking a large Christmas sack beneath the table before digging into his Thai noodles.

"I'd have thought Mrs. Claus would be taking care of your dinner tonight, back home in the North Pole," I joked.

Santa laughed. "Oh I'm sure you're right! But there's always room in here for more, don't you worry!" he said, patting his oversized belly. He really did look the part. His eyes then turned to my companion. "And who might you be, my dear?"

"I'm Holly!" she said with that heart-stealing smile.

"Pleased to meet you, Holly! That's a very festive name!" He took a bite of his lunch before turning back to me. "So, Elliot, it's really none of my business, but I can't help but notice you seem a bit troubled. Are your holidays going well?"

I paused, wondering how best to reply. Strangers usually didn't want to hear about your problems, but he'd asked, and I had no one else to confide in. "Well, Santa, truth be told, I find myself in a bit of a predicament. I bought a porcelain doll for my little cousin, but for certain reasons I can't give it to her."

Santa gave a curious glance to Holly at the mention of the doll, perhaps wondering if she were part of the reason I couldn't part with it.

"I came here looking for a suitable replacement, but the store where I bought the doll is closed for the season, and I'm running out of options," I continued. "It's not fair to Zoe, but I'm really not sure what to do."

Santa nodded as I finished. "Well, Elliot, have you been a good boy this year?"

Humoring him, I glanced at Holly, who couldn't hide her smirk. "I suppose I've been both good and naughty this year. Hard to say which list you'd find me on at this point," I answered.

His eyes met Holly's again. He didn't speak for an uncomfortably long time before finally turning back to me. "I don't normally do this except on very special occasions. Given the circumstances I'd say this qualifies, if not for your sake, then for Zoe's."

He leaned over to untie the sack before reaching inside. I had no idea what he was searching for, but at that moment I was more preoccupied trying to remember when I'd mentioned my name. I was so distracted that it took me a moment to notice the porcelain doll Santa produced from his bag and placed in front of me. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was a perfect recreation of Holly!

"This is exactly the doll I've been looking for!" I said, reaching out to touch the cool surface of her face. Holly was smiling wide across the table.

Santa's eyes had returned to Holly, and when she met his gaze, he gave her a stealthy wink. "Oh, I had a feeling this might be the one. There's something special about her. It's all in the eyes."

I turned to my rescuer, pulling my wallet from my pocket. "I can't thank you enough! Here, I have cash..."

Santa held up his palm to stop me. "Absolutely not! Tis the season for giving, after all, and what kind of Santa would I be if I expected payment for my services?"

I stowed my wallet, still in disbelief at how miraculous this all appeared. "Well, if you won't take cash, there must be some other way I can show my thanks?"

"There is," he replied, leaning close to whisper. "I'm particularly fond of oatmeal raisin."

I nodded. "No problem. I'll be right back."

I stood, asking Holly to wait for me there before joining the nearby line. A few minutes later I was walking back, a fresh bag of cookies in hand. When I returned to the table, however, Holly was alone, sitting quietly as she held her twin tight.

"Where did he go?" I asked as I reclaimed my seat.

"He said he had some business to attend to, and to tell you 'Merry Christmas!" she said.

I sighed, pulling two cookies from the bag and handing one to my porcelain lover. "Well, at least we get dessert. Let's finish up and get back outside. I'll let our driver know we're ready for pickup. Geez, I can't believe how lucky this day has been!"

My thoughts dwelled on our mysterious savior for a long time. It was practically a miracle that a random actor in a Santa costume would happen to have the exact toy I was looking for in my time of need. Were I still a child I might even believe I'd met the real Santa, but I was too old to believe in such things. Then again, Holly's magic had to come from somewhere, didn't it? I shook my head, deciding I had enough mystery in my life without adding any more.

With the doll in hand, it was time to call our cab. I opened the app and made sure to request the same driver from before. The next part of my mission counted on it. Minutes later I was holding the door for Holly as she climbed into the backseat once again. While she buckled her seatbelt I exchanged a covert look with the young lady behind the wheel, receiving a wink in return.

"Oh damn! I think I dropped my wallet back at the food court!" I said, pretending to check my pocket.

"Oh no!" replied Holly, already removing her seatbelt. "We should go back and look for it!"

I held up my hand to stop her. "That's okay Holly, I'll run in and check real quick. It should only take a few minutes. Why don't you stay here and hold our cab for us? I'm sure Miss Jenny won't mind the company?"

"No problem!" Jenny replied, giving Holly a reassuring smile in the rearview mirror.

Holly seemed a bit reluctant to leave my side, especially with this being her first time outside, but the thrill of having a conversation with an actual human girl was too tempting to pass up. She blew me a kiss and told me to hurry back, and I promised not to take any longer than necessary. Closing the door behind me, I prayed that Jenny wouldn't ask any awkward questions before my return.

I knew I didn't have much time, but I'd been smart enough to place my order online while waiting for Chloe to leave. My purchase was already on hold, so all I had to do was walk up to the register and tell them my name. I was back outside in less than ten minutes, opening the car door to find that Jenny was explaining in rapid-fire detail how she applied her makeup.

"Did you find it?" Holly asked, finally noticing I'd returned.

"I did. Silly me, it was in my other pocket the whole time!" I hated lying to her, but the joy in her eyes as she opened her Christmas gift would more than make up for the fib. Holly didn't seem suspicious, and before she could ask anything further, our helpful driver was picking up where their conversation left off.

"Looks like you made a new friend," I told Holly half an hour later as we watched our driver pull away. Jenny had done most of the talking, but Holly was sharp enough to keep the conversation balanced. The only awkward moment had come at the end, when Jenny had mentioned adding Holly on social media. Holly, who didn't even have a phone, promised to add her as soon as she set up her profile.

As we made the short walk to our door I was distracted with thoughts of how I might go about buying Holly a cell phone. So distracted, in fact, that I failed to notice the Kia Soul parked in the street by our mailbox. With Holly's hand in mine I pulled her into the warmth of the house and quickly shed my coat, a black box hidden in the pocket. The house looked as empty as when we'd left, and it occurred to me that Holly and I could make love right here in the living room and nobody would ever know.

I pulled her close, silencing her squeal with a kiss before picking her up in my arms and carrying her to the sectional. No words were spoken but Holly was well aware of my intentions. I put her down gently, crawling on top as she arched her back beneath me. Our lips were like magnets, coming together in furious passion as my hand explored between her thighs, her soft moans enticing me to continue.

"I know it's only Christmas Eve," Holly breathed, "but may I open my gift early?"

I froze, my face buried in her hair, my teeth just inches from her neckline where I'd been leaving soft nibbles on her skin. Had my lie about the wallet not deceived her after all? I leaned back, prepared to apologize, when I noticed the naughty twinkle in her eyes. Her hand was already reaching for my zipper.

Oh. She meant that gift.

Holly didn't question my hesitation, nor did she wait for an answer. Her fingers quickly worked the button and zipper of my jeans before pushing my underwear down my hips. With hungry eyes she watched my dick spring free of the elastic with a satisfying bounce.

"Oh my!" she cooed, taking me gently in her palm as my fingers played with her pussy. "You really didn't have to get me so much!" She gasped as my finger entered her.

"I couldn't help it," I whispered, still kissing along her neck as she moaned in my ear. "You've been such a good girl this year."

Her grin was dripping with mischief as she replied. "Oh Elliot..." Holly pushed gently on my shoulder, rolling me on my back as she positioned herself on top of me. Her arousal was slippery on my shaft as she straddled my body. Leaning to my ear she whispered. "Let me show you how naughty I really am."

Holly leaned back, and without a moment's hesitation she reached beneath her dress and took hold of me. Biting her lip, she slowly lowered her hips, impaling herself on my shaft behind the hem of her skirt. My eyes were focused elsewhere, particularly on her lovely eyes as she began to rock her hips. They were a wonderful distraction, leaving me completely oblivious to the approaching footsteps.

Chloe's voice interrupted us. "You know, if you're going to fuck on our couch, you could at least do it in your own spot and not mine!"

Holly froze above me, her lovely eyes now full of terror. I couldn't see Chloe from this position, but her voice had come from the staircase. She must have been upstairs this whole time, coming down to catch us on her way out again.

I took hold of Holly's waist, guiding her gently off of me with a reassuring smile. She was still frightened, but I could explain things to Chloe in a way that wouldn't cause any trouble. She straightened her skirt to cover herself as I tucked my cock back in my pants, using the couch to shield myself from Chloe's eyes. I looked up to find her slowly approaching, a scowl across her face. She wasn't pleased with me.

"Hey Chloe! I thought you were on your way to see Melissa?" I asked, trying to keep things casual. To my relief, Chloe returned the smile.

"Well, I was, but silly me forgot to put the paintings in the car! So I had to drive all the way back and get them. I was just on my way back out." She took a step closer, her eyes now shifting to take in Holly. "But I'm not really the one that needs to explain myself, am I?"

The red in Holly's cheeks was nearly a match to her dress, which thankfully I hadn't ripped off during our brief moment of sex. Nervously, she smiled at my sister and offered a tiny wave. She managed a quiet "hello" before turning back to me for help.

"Holly, this is my sister, Chloe. Chloe, I'd like you to meet Holly." I turned to my sister apologetically. "I have to admit, I'd have preferred a less awkward first introduction."

Chloe shrugged it off, her cheeks now blushing too. "No problem. I shouldn't have scared you like that, but I need to get back outside and the front door is..." Chloe's words trailed off as she turned back to Holly, her eyes now full of curiosity. "Do...have we met before?"

Nervously, Holly shook her head. "I don't believe so, I'm sorry."

Chloe took another step forward. "Are you sure? I swear, there's something really familiar about..." Again, her words trailed off, but this time her eyes were further to my left.

I turned my head to see what had caught her interest. The new doll was sitting on the carpet a few feet away, exactly where I'd dropped it before sweeping Holly off her feet. I turned back to Chloe with a feeling of dread, watching as her eyes shifted from the doll to Holly and back again. The red dress, the candy cane stockings, the steely grey eyes, and the raven hair were all too perfectly similar to be coincidence.

"Elliot," Chloe began, her voice loaded with accusation. "Why does Holly look exactly like Zoe's Christmas present?"

I put a reassuring hand on Holly's leg before standing. "Chloe, I can explain."

She shook her head. "Well this ought to be good."

I didn't have long to think, giving her the first excuse to come to mind. "It's a fetish. I have a thing for dolls, so I asked Holly to dress up for me and she agreed."

Chloe turned to Holly, but her words were directed at me. "You're lying. I can always tell when you lie to me."

I flinched. "What? Chloe, I'm not..."

"You don't do it often" she interrupted, turning back to me, "but when you do, you can never look me in the eye." Smirking, she turned back to Holly, clearly not convinced. The clothes she might could believe, but never those gorgeous grey eyes. No contact lens could ever replicate their beauty.

"Tell me what's really going on here Elliot, and tell the truth this time." Chloe folded her arms across her chest, defiantly refusing to leave until I gave a satisfactory answer. The problem was that I had none. I didn't know what to say, and in my defeat, I said nothing at all. The silence carried on until finally, Holly spoke.

"Is it okay if I show her?" she asked, meeting me with her eyes. I stared back, amazed she would even consider something so reckless.

"Holly..." I started, but she shook her head.

"It's okay. She has the right to know." She turned to Chloe now, smiling. "After all, she's the reason I'm here, isn't she?"

Chloe shook her head in confusion. "What does she mean by that, Elliot?"

There was little I could say to take this back now, so I let Holly do the explaining. With one final smile, she transformed. In the blink of an eye her human body was gone and in her place sat the doll. Chloe's mouth hung open as she stepped forward, uncrossing her arms as she leaned in for a closer look, disbelief clear in her eyes.

Without warning Holly reversed the transformation, causing my sister to shriek in surprise as she jumped away from the couch. Holly's eyes were apologetic, but I couldn't contain my laughter. Chloe turned to me, desperate for an explanation for what she just witnessed, stepping away from the couch until her back was against the wall.

"Elliot, what the fuck was that?!"

Whether it was nervousness or Holly genuinely found the situation funny, she began to laugh as well. I suspected it was the first, but either way, Chloe was forced to wait patiently for my laugher to subside before I could answer.

I finally confessed. "Chloe, Holly looks exactly like the doll because she is the doll."

The shock in her eyes didn't falter. "What do you mean by that?"

I shrugged. "You just saw for yourself. The doll we purchased to give Zoe, and the girl sitting next to me, are one in the same. She can transform from one to the other."

Chloe shook her head. "Elliot, that's insane! Dolls magically coming to life, that's like believing in Santa Claus! It's not possible!"

I shrugged. "You wanted the truth, and this is it. You saw it for yourself, and like Holly said, this is all because of you."

Chloe looked slightly irritated now. "What do you mean, 'because of me?'"

"Remember the other day when we were standing by the fire and you made a wish for me to find a special girl to ease my loneliness?"

"Yeah, vaguely. But I wasn't actually making a wish, I was trying to comfort you after your breakup. You aren't seriously asking me to believe that I somehow caused a toy to come to life?"

I sighed. "I'm asking you to chill the fuck out and just trust me!" I immediately regretted the outburst, but it seemed to at least break Chloe's spell of disbelief. The doubt in her eyes began to vanish as she carefully approached the couch once more, her curious eyes now on Holly. She'd already seen the evidence with her own eyes, so I remained silent. The only thing left to do was wait for Chloe to accept the truth.

Holly, despite her nerves, never stopped smiling. I knew from experience how disarming those pearly whites could be, and she appeared to be having a similar effect on my sister. As Chloe moved closer, her eyes seemed to carry more questions than disbelief.

"I'm sorry for scaring you," Holly said as Chloe came within an arms reach.

"That's okay," came the reply. "I shouldn't have screamed like that." Then, unexpectedly, she added, "You're really pretty." Holly blushed a deeper shade of red, if such a feat were possible, before thanking Chloe for the compliment. I watched their interaction anxiously.

"Can I...can I touch you?" Chloe asked suddenly. Holly laughed, and I tilted my head in confusion. "Sorry!" Chloe continued. "I just need to know that you're real and I'm not losing my fucking mind!"

Smiling, Holly nodded her approval before climbing to her feet. Chloe stepped around to our side of the sectional and gently lifted her hand to Holly's hair. Her fingers lightly brushed the inky strands before traveling to the warmth of her cheek.

"Holy fucking shit, you really are...real!" Chloe exclaimed, bringing her hands back to cover her mouth. She turned to me, and I prepared to answer the question I knew would follow. "How is this possible?"

I shrugged once more. "Who knows? I'm not saying I believe in magic, but I haven't found any other way to explain it. And you know what? I don't care. Holly is the most amazing person, Chloe, and I'm just thankful to have her in my life, no matter how it came to be." I could see tears of joy building in Holly's eyes, but I held my gaze on my sister. "I'm just asking you to give her a chance. I know you'll love her just as much as I do." It was the first time I'd ever mentioned love regarding Holly, and I was surprised at how easily the word slipped from my tongue. It felt completely natural.

I waited for my sister to respond. I was fairly certain we were in the clear at this point, but a part of me still worried she would freak out at any moment. It was unfair to expect Chloe to accept my explanation in just a few minutes. It had taken me nearly half an hour under cold water just to convince myself I wasn't hallucinating. In the end, my concerns were a waste of time.