A Halloween Romance

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It has?"

"Yes"

"Well, I hope you find the right moment soon."

That was all the encouragement I needed. I leaned forward and softly kissed her lips.

For those few seconds all the noises around us disappeared, and it felt like we were the only people in the room. When I pulled back both of us were breathing a little heavier.

I looked at her and said

"My god that was perfect."

"Yeah, it was even better than I fantasized about."

"Oh, you thought about it too?"

"Yeah, after the first night at the library actually, and every night since."

"You are perfect."

"Pffft, I am far from perfect."

"Ok, let me hear your major faults?"

"I am not telling you, I am going to let you think I am perfect for as long as possible."

"You will have a hard time convincing me you have major faults."

"We will see."

"So, what's your type?"

She looked thoughtful for a few minutes.

"Well lets see, I like the prototypical nice guy. You know, cares about others, is polite, and doesn't care about the next one night stand. I like a guy who is smart, cares about his grades and his future, easy to talk to and easy on the eyes "

"Hmmmm, sounds like half the guys on campus. What else?"

"I like a guy who is taller than me, but not a giant. Sexy blue eyes, light hair, clean cut, broad shoulders, sexy butt. And guys that have little dimples when he really smiles. Speaking of smiles, you have a nice one."

"Thanks, hopefully I have enough of those traits to interest you in me."

"Oh, you do!"

After we killed our second pitcher of beer. We made our way down to Napoli's, a famous pizzeria that had been in the same location for over forty years.

The waitress led us to a booth and asked if it was fine. When Melodee slid in, I hesitated before taking the seat across from her. She didn't miss my hesitation though.

"What's up, everything ok?"

"Yeah, everything is perfect."

"What were you thinking about when we sat down?"

"I was wondering if you would have minded if I sat beside you. Some women think only old people sit beside each other in booths."

She gave me a big smile and slid over.

"Not me, anytime I can have a good looking guy sitting beside me I will take it."

I switched sides and slid in beside her. I reached over and gave her a quick kiss on her neck right below her ear.

She shuddered and gave me a curious look.

"Sorry, was that ok?"

"Yeah, but honestly I have never been so turned on by a single kiss in my life. It just took me by surprise."

"I will add that to my list."

"What list?"

"Things you love, you know peanut butter cups, pizza with kraut and pineapple, kisses on your neck below your ear."

"So, what kind of things do you love?"

As stupid as it would have been I almost said you. I wasn't in love yet, but it wouldn't take me long the way things were going.

"I guess you will find out as we go along."

"That's not fair."

"Sure it is."

We chatted non stop, the conversation between us flowed easily, something I really liked about her. Everything was natural, nothing was forced.

"What are your big weekend plans?"

We hadn't made any plans, and I hoped I could be in them somewhere.

"One of my friends is in a volleyball match tomorrow at noon, other than that nothing. How about you?"

"I am working at the haunted house getting it ready. We only work on the weekends."

"Are you serious? That is a dream job, do they need anyone else?"

"I will ask tomorrow and see if I can get you in. They open two weekends before Halloween."

"That sounds like so much fun, I love going through them, but it would be more fun scaring people."

"Yeah it is. Any chance you would like to see me tomorrow night?"

"I would love to, anything in mind?"

"The student union has a comedian if that sounds like fun."

"I am sure it will be."

We finished our pizza, and ended up back at the Speakeasy. Many of our mutual friends were there but she never left my side. We played some darts and pool for awhile before we both had enough.

I walked her back to her dorm, hand in hand.

When we got to the front door I stopped and pulled her to me.

"Thanks for tonight, it was one of the best nights I've had in a very long time."

"Same for me."

I slid my hand around her bare waist and pulled her to me for a long sensual kiss. Yeah, I was falling hard and fast for this woman.

When we finally pulled apart, I didn't want to let her go, but I could tell we weren't going any farther tonight so I didn't press it.

"I will call you tomorrow when I know when I will be back."

"Can't wait, good night."

********************

Working at the haunted house was always fun, hanging around a bunch of other Halloween lovers building a haunted house, could there be a better job?

I told the owners I had a friend who was into Halloween and wanted to join the group, they eagerly agreed, there were always several people that quit after the first weekend.

On my way back to campus after getting off I called Melodee. She picked up right after the first ring.

"Hey you, I was starting to wonder if I was going to hear from you today."

"You shouldn't have been worried, you should know you have been on my mind all day."

"You just found my first fault, I am incredibly insecure, and when I didn't hear from you I started having all kinds of insecure thoughts."

"Really? Well, believe it or not I still think you are perfect. Not only that, I think you are the most incredible woman I have ever met, so you don't have to worry about me forgetting about you."

"Thanks Myles."

"So, if you are still interested, the owners would love to have you join the haunted house."

"Thank you, I would love to, when can I start?"

"Well, if you want you can ride with me tomorrow. The pay is crap but it is tons of fun."

"I don't care about the money, I would probably do it for free to be honest."

"Sweet, so are we still up for tonight?"

"Do you remember me telling you how I was insecure about you forgetting about me right?"

"Yeah, meet you in front of your dorm at six? We can grab dinner in the dining hall and then go to the comedian?"

"Sounds good, can't wait."

I showed up at 5:45, and sure enough she was already there waiting for me. Next time we set a time I am going to show up thirty minutes early to see if she is waiting for me. I leaned down and kissed her neck below her ear, and was happy to feel the same shudder.

"Hey you, I missed you today."

She looked up at me with one of those incredible smiles, her brown eyes dancing with emotion.

"I missed you too."

We grabbed our dinner, and found a small table. I decided to ask her something that was on my mind.

"So I have a question for you."

She looked at me, not sure if she should be concerned or excited.

"Ok, shoot."

"Do you think it is crazy how close we have become in less than a week?"

"Honestly, yeah it scares me shitless."

"Me too, but I can't stop."

"Do you want to stop?"

"No, I am in for a penny, in for a pound."

She laughed lightly, but she agreed with me.

"Me too."

The comedian was great, but when it was over I wanted some alone intimate time with Melodee.

We walked around the quad, hand in hand, making small talk. We stopped in front of the library, I drew her to me and softly kissed her lips, and then her neck.

"Any chance your roommate is out?"

"No, I swear she is part nun, she is always in the room, yours?"

"No, I am sure I have a room full of guys playing video games right now."

"I guess this is goodnight then, breakfast at eight before we go to work?"

"Let me walk you to your door."

We walked very slowly, neither of us wanting the night to end, but with no where to go it is what it is. When we got to her dorm, I again drew her into my arms.

"Goodnight my perfect date."

"I am not perfect, you will see."

"I don't believe you."

I leaned down and kissed her softly. I teased her lips with mine, trying to prolong the goodbye for as long as possible.

She finally pulled away from me.

"I need to go or I will be up all night."

"Well, that would make two of us then, because I know I wont sleep a wink tonight with you dancing through my thoughts."

"You think of me?"

"My god, if you only knew how much of my day is spent thinking of you."

"If it is a fraction of how much I think of you, it's a lot."

I leaned down and kissed her softly one last time.

"Goodnight my perfect woman."

It was hard to do, but I watched her leave me and walk into her dorm.

************************

The next morning, I was up extra early. I wanted to see if I could beat her waiting for me for once. We were supposed to meet for breakfast at eight, so I was outside her dorm by 7:15.

At a little past 7:30 I saw her rush out of her front door, looking at the time on her phone. She seemed nervous, she always seemed nervous until she saw me. I rushed up behind her, and swooped her up into my arms as she yelped in surprise.

I cradled her like a baby, one arm under her knees, and another under her shoulders.

"Here beautiful, good morning."

I acted nonchalant while walking along carrying her in my arms.

"Put me down!"

"Why, you don't like being in my arms?"

"Of course I do, but we look silly."

I put her down, and gave her a soft kiss under her ear. She gave me her lustful look and smiled.

"I don't care how I look when I am with you."

She looked great again today, her hair was tied back in a ponytail, and she wore a t- shirt that said "Witches Be Crazy".

I looked at her and smiled.

"You are going to fit right in."

"If everyone likes Halloween as much as us it'll be a wonderful day."

Neither of us knew how wrong she would be.

******************

When we got to the house, I introduced her to everyone as my friend Melodee. We really hadn't talked about putting a title on what we are, so I didn't want to presume she was my girlfriend and embarrass myself if I was wrong.

The owners put us in a small group putting together the cemetery. There was a big pile of headstones made out of wood. We would pound a stake into the ground, screw the sign onto the stake, and make it look like a grave. Some we put grisly hands coming up out of the ground, some we just covered with leaves, others fake cobwebs.

The problem started when Joy joined our group. Joy is free spirit who likes to flirt non stop, and has made it well known she really really likes sex. Picture a wild gypsy girl and it would fit Joy perfectly.

Although I had been very very tempted, I have rebuked all her advances so far, which just made her more determined to bed me. Working with Melodee did nothing to dampen her advances either. She kept making sure she bent over in front of me to put in headstones, always giving her ass an extra little wiggle.

Even though I ignored Joy, Melodee was becoming more and more angry with me for some reason. Joy kept giving me hip checks and smiles, but I ignored her every time.

The owners always bought pizzas for lunch, and I barely got two words out of Melodee even though we were sitting together.

Joy picked up that Melodee and I were a thing, and she was pissing Melodee off. Instead of backing down, she doubled down. Somehow I found her working on the grave in front of me, on her hands and knees shaking her ass at me again.

"Hey Myles, does looking at my ass give you smiles?"

She thought it was the funniest thing in the world, but I just groaned and shook my head. Melodee though had enough.

"Jesus Fucking Christ, why don't you just fuck her already."

With that she stormed off and spent the rest of the afternoon working with another girl.

Joy looked at me.

"Yeah Myles, why don't you just fuck me already."

I was really pissed at both of them. Yeah Melodee should be upset, but not at me.

"Joy, you are a nasty skank and I would never ever touch you after today."

I regetted being that harsh with her, but fuck she could see Melodee and I were a couple and she did all she could to drive us apart.

I went inside to help string lights, I had enough of crazy women. At the end of the day, the owners thanked everyone and were confident we were ready to open the coming Friday.

Melodee didn't wait for me, instead just stormed to the car and got in. She didn't look at me or say a word when I got in so I just started driving back.

My foul mood wasn't getting any better with her giving me the silent treatment. We were halfway back when I couldn't take it anymore.

"Do you want to share why you are fucking mad at me, or are you just going to pout and give me the silent treatment?"

"Oh please, what did you expect from flirting with that whore right in front of me?"

"Are you fucking serious? She was flirting with me and I ignored her every time. And somehow that is my fault?"

"Yeah, well she obviously wants to fuck you, why havent you already?"

"Because I am really not attracted to women who have slept with a hundred or more guys."

"And yet it is perfectly ok for guys to sleep with a hundred women right?"

"Thank you so much for putting words in my mouth."

Just then we arrived at campus. Instead of heading to the parking lot, I pulled up behind her dorm.

"See ya."

She didn't say another word, just got out and slammed the door.

Fuck why do women have to be so fucking crazy?

I got back to my room, went to the fridge and gulped down a beer.

How is it that I find the most perfect woman I have ever met, and she fucking flips out on me for nothing. I went to grab another beer when someone started pounding hard on my door.

I opened it and almost wished I hadn't, a furious Carrie put a finger in my chest and pushed me into the room.

"What the fuck did you do?"

"I didn't do anything. "

"Really, so why is she in her room crying her eyes out?"

"What did she tell you?"

"She won't tell me anything."

All of the sudden all my anger washed away, immediately replaced by concern for the woman that had quickly found a place in my heart.

I told Carrie everything that happened and how she acted so irrationally.

"Ok, I am going to tell you a few things I probably shouldn't, but I don't have a choice if you are going to save this, that is if you want to."

" More than anything."

"Melodee has had the worst luck with men. She met a guy last winter, and they seemed to hit it off, he was charming and nice. After a month of seeing each other, she slept with him. After that, she never heard from him again, he was a player just trying to get his count up."

"Ok, men are asses, but we havent even gotten anywhere close to sex yet."

"Both her boyfriends before him cheated on her. One even had the balls to kiss another girl that was flirting with him right in front of her, she thinks she is cursed. "

"Fuck."

"You know what the difference is between you and them?"

"What?"

"She is actually in love with you, and I know you are a good man."

"You think so?"

"Which part?"

"That she loves me."

"Yeah, she may not admit it to herself yet, but she is head over heels for you. Right now she is sobbing into her pillow thinking she is still cursed and ruined what you guys had."

"OK, I got this, thank you."

"Don't fuck this up!"

"I can't promise anything, what if she wont forgive me."

"She will if you ask."

"Ok, thanks, now goodbye so I can go fix this."

She leaned in and gave me a quick hug before walking out the door.

"Thanks Myles, she means the world to me."

I grabbed a package of peanut butter cups, yeah I actually bought a case of them. I guess I may be in love too even though I didn't want to admit it yet. I grabbed an index card and simply wrote.

My Dearest Melodee

I am a jerk

I am sorry

I hope you can forgive me.

I folded it up and taped it to the bottom of the cups and headed to her dorm. Even though I haven't been to her room, I know where it is. I leaned down and slid the cups under her door and started back down the hall.

Before I had walked no more than ten feet I heard the door fly open behind me. I turned to see my sweet Melodee, her face stained by tears.

"Myles, wait."

She rushed down the halls and threw her arms around my neck and started sobbing.

"I am so sorry."

"Shush, come let's go for a walk."

I rushed her out of the dorm, away from prying eyes. Once we got outside I took her hand and started walking around the quad.

"Myles, I am s...."

I cut her off

"Melodee, not now. Can we just walk together for a while?"

She was scared as hell, so I stopped and brought my lips to her neck, under her ear. It was one of the special gestures we shared, and it put her at ease.

We made several laps around the quad, I could feel the stress slowly leaving her. We finally stopped and I guided her to the bench in front of the library.

"Melodee, I want to let you know how sorry I am. If you forgive me, I will try not to let you down again."

She looked at me like I was crazy.

"Myles, you don't have anything to be sorry about. I am the one who flipped out over something totally stupid."

"Yes Melodee, I do. I wasn't a very good friend today, and I certainly wasn't a good boyfriend. When I saw you were getting upset, I should have taken you for a walk and let you vent to me."

"Did you say boyfriend?"

"I am tired of introducing you as my friend. I would rather introduce you as my girlfriend if you still want me."

"Myles, I have faults, lots of them as you found out today. I told you I was far from perfect. I am super insecure, and I get jealous easily."

I lifted up her chin, leaned in and softly kissed her lips.

"You are still perfect. You are human, as we all are. But you are still perfect."

"Myles, I don't know."

"You don't know what? You don't know if you want to be my girlfriend or you don't know if you forgive me?"

"Oh, I definitely forgive you, and I definitely want to be your girlfriend. I am not sure if I can hold my shit together though."

"Next time you lose your shit, come to me, no matter what. If you want to cry, cry on my shoulder, if you want to fight, I will be your punching bag, if you are super horny, you can take it out on me too."

I finally got her to laugh and relax a bit.

"Be careful about what you are offering, you may get all three at once."

"Melodee, there is one other thing I want to talk to you about."

I was starting to recognize her moods. Right away her insecurity took over once more.

"OK?"

"I know we have known each other for less than two weeks. But I am already in love with you, and it scares me to death."

You would have thought I called her a dirty whore and I didn't ever want to see her again by her reaction. She started sobbing again, she put her arms around my neck and started crying into my shoulder.

Finally she pulled herself together and stopped sobbing.

"Myles, I love you too."

"Then don't worry, love always conquers all."

The next morning, we met for breakfast as always. I was a little nervous until I saw her give me that million dollar smile.

The week flew by. Each morning we met for breakfast, and every night we studied together at the library. We would slowly walk back to her dorm before I kissed her goodnight.

Friday night, opening weekend at the haunted house was upon us. I made it clear to the owners that Melodee and I needed to be kept together and away from Joy or we would both be gone.

They were kind enough to give us the best job. Leading groups through the house. Melodee led the group through the house, while I trailed along behind and made sure no one got left behind.

The house closed at midnight. By the time we closed everything and got back to campus, it was almost one am. I walked Melodee to her dorm and softly kissed her goodnight, before showering and crashing into bed.