A Haunting Love Story Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

David hesitated, his gaze flicking to Lena. He knew he had to tread carefully, to protect Lena while also cooperating with the police. He took a deep breath, then began to recount the events of the day, carefully omitting any mention of the house's dark history or Lena's connection to it.

As he spoke, Laura listened intently, her pen moving across the page in quick, precise strokes. She asked follow-up questions, probing for details, her gaze never leaving David's face. Lena remained silent, her eyes downcast, her fingers twisting in her lap.

Laura's questions were methodical, each one building on the last. She started with the basics, asking David about his encounter with Ethan.

"Can you tell me how you came to meet Ethan?" she asked, her gaze steady on David.

David swallowed, his mind racing. "He was a contractor. I hired him to check out some issues with the house. He showed up to do his job."

"And when did you next see him?"

"At the house," David replied. "He went into the crawlspace to investigate some issues. He seemed... agitated."

Laura's pen paused on the page. "Agitated how?"

David hesitated, unsure of how much to reveal. "He was upset, said he'd seen something in the house that scared him."

"And what was that?"

David's gaze flicked to Lena, then back to Laura. "He didn't say."

Laura's gaze was sharp, her expression unreadable. "Did he mention anything about the house's history? Any past incidents?"

David's heart pounded in his chest. "No," he lied, hoping she wouldn't see through his deception.

Laura nodded, jotting down his responses before moving on to her next query. "And where was Mr. Harold's son found?" she asked, her tone professional.

David swallowed hard, the memory of the incident still fresh in his mind. "He...he was in the crawlspace," he began, his voice barely above a whisper. "I didn't find him, though. The door to the crawlspace had slammed shut. I...I couldn't get it open. I called 911. The first responders...they were the ones who found him." His voice trailed off, the image of the first responders prying open the crawlspace door and discovering Ethan's lifeless body still vivid in his mind.

Laura's questions continued, each one a careful probe into the events of the day. She asked about David's reaction, about his call to the emergency services, about his interactions with the responders. Through it all, Lena remained silent, her gaze fixed on her hands in her lap.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, Laura closed her notepad, her gaze meeting David's. "Thank you for your cooperation, Mr. Carter. I may have more questions in the future, but for now, that will be all."

David nodded, relief washing over him. "Of course, Detective. Anything to help."

Laura paused, her hand on the doorknob. "Actually, there is one more thing. Would you mind if I took a quick look at the crawlspace?"

David's heart skipped a beat. He glanced at Lena, who gave him a small nod. "Sure," he said, leading Laura to the entrance of the crawlspace. He watched as she pulled out a flashlight and disappeared into the darkness.

As they waited for Laura to return, David turned to Lena, his gaze filled with concern. "Are you okay?" he asked, his voice soft.

Lena nodded, her eyes meeting his. "Yes," she said, "I'm okay."

-----

Laura's entry into the crawlspace was slow and methodical, her flashlight casting long shadows in the confined space. The yellow tape of the investigation was still up, a stark reminder of the tragedy that had occurred here. She moved carefully, mindful not to disturb the scene any further.

The crawlspace was cramped and dusty, the air thick with the scent of damp earth and old wood. The beam of her flashlight revealed signs of recent foot traffic - disturbed dust, scuff marks on the dirt floor. But aside from that, there was nothing. No sign of what might have caused Ethan's death, no hint of the horrors that had supposedly occurred here.

As Laura ventured deeper into the crawlspace, an eerie sensation began to wash over her. It was as if the air had thickened, pressing against her skin, making it difficult to breathe. The dimly lit space seemed to shrink around her, the walls closing in, their cold, damp surfaces glistening in the faint light.

Suddenly, a wave of dizziness swept over her, a feeling akin to vertigo. It was as if the world had tilted on its axis, the ground beneath her feet seeming to sway. She reached out, her hand pressing against the cold wall of the crawlspace for support. But the sensation of disorientation only intensified, the world spinning around her in a dizzying whirl.

Her heart pounded in her chest, a rapid, thudding rhythm that echoed in her ears. She could feel a cold sweat breaking out on her forehead, her skin clammy to the touch. The taste of fear was bitter on her tongue, a metallic tang that made her stomach churn.

She tried to move, to retreat from the oppressive darkness of the crawlspace, but her legs felt heavy, unresponsive. She stumbled, her knees buckling beneath her, and she fell, her hands scrabbling in the dirt as she tried to regain her footing.

But it was as if she was paralyzed, her body refusing to obey her commands. Panic surged through her, a tidal wave of fear that left her breathless. She was trapped, ensnared in the suffocating darkness of the crawlspace, her screams swallowed by the silence.

Her mind raced, thoughts tumbling over each other in a chaotic whirl. Was this a symptom of carbon monoxide poisoning? She knew it could cause dizziness, but she hadn't smelled anything unusual. Or was it a sudden drop in blood pressure? She had stood up quickly when she entered the crawlspace. Could it be dehydration? She hadn't drunk anything in hours.

But as the seconds ticked by, each one stretching into an eternity, she realized that the cause didn't matter. All that mattered was the terrifying reality of her situation. She was trapped, alone, and helpless in the darkness.

And then, she felt it. A gathering storm of energy, a palpable sense of something... other. It was as if the very air around her was alive, pulsing with an unseen force. It was unlike anything she had ever experienced, a sensation that sent a shiver of fear coursing through her.

As she lay there, paralyzed and alone, Laura could only wonder what was happening. Was this what Ethan had experienced? Was this the secret that the house held? And if so, what did it mean for her?

But as the energy around her grew, in the oppressive darkness of the crawlspace, a figure began to materialize. At first, it was nothing more than a vague shape, a distortion in the air that Laura could barely make out. But as she watched, paralyzed and terrified, the figure began to take form.

It was a man, tall and lean, his body partially clad in an old, faded t-shirt that hung loosely on his frame. His lower body was bare, the pale glow of his skin almost luminescent in the darkness. But it was his face that drew Laura's attention. A face that was twisted into a grotesque grin, his eyes gleaming with a perverse delight that sent a shiver of revulsion coursing through her.

As the figure approached, Laura could see his hand moving rhythmically, wrapped around a long, misshapen penis that protruded obscenely from his lower body. The sight was horrifying, a grotesque display of depravity that left Laura feeling sick with fear.

But the true horror came when Laura realized that she could see through the figure. He was not solid, not real. He was spectral, a ghostly apparition that seemed to glow in the dim light of the crawlspace. The realization sent a fresh wave of terror coursing through her, her mind struggling to comprehend what she was seeing.

The spectral figure continued to approach, his movements slow and deliberate. His grin never wavered, his eyes never leaving Laura's. He was like a predator, stalking his prey, his actions a grotesque display of dominance and control.

The air around Laura seemed to thicken, the energy in the crawlspace growing more intense. It was as if the very walls of the house were closing in, the darkness pressing down on her. The spectral figure was now mere feet away, his form glowing with an otherworldly light.

Laura could do nothing but watch as the figure approached, her body paralyzed, her mind filled with terror. She was trapped, a helpless victim in the face of the spectral horror that was unfolding before her.

As the figure drew closer, Laura could see the details of his face, the twisted grin, the gleaming eyes. She could see the perverse delight in his gaze, the anticipation of the horrors to come. And as the figure reached out towards her, his spectral hand moving towards her face, Laura could only close her eyes and pray for the nightmare to end.

As it was about to touch her, its form began to solidify, the ethereal glow that surrounded it becoming more concentrated, more tangible. It was as if the figure was drawing energy from the very air around it, the oppressive darkness of the crawlspace feeding its manifestation.

That's when the smell hit her. It was a scent that was all too familiar, a scent that spoke of age and neglect. It was the smell of old men who had been forgotten by time, left to wither away in the shadows. It was a stale, sour scent, tinged with the acrid hint of urine. It was a smell that turned her stomach, a smell that seemed to permeate the very air around her.

The figures spectral hand solidifying as it made contact with her cheek. The touch was cold, the sensation sending a shiver of revulsion coursing through her. The figure's hand moved slowly, tracing a path down her face, over her neck, and onto her chest.

Laura could do nothing but watch in horror as the figure began to unbutton her blouse, its spectral fingers moving with a slow, deliberate precision. Each button was undone with a meticulous care, the figure's actions a grotesque parody of intimacy.

The spectral figure's grin widened, a grotesque display of perverse satisfaction, as it unfastened the last button of her blouse. The fabric parted, revealing the simple bra she wore underneath. The figure's eyes, glowing with a sickly light, roved over her exposed skin, drinking in the sight of her vulnerability.

Then, with a suddenness that made her gasp, the figure grabbed the front of her bra. The spectral hand, which had been cold and insubstantial, now felt solid and terrifyingly real. With a quick, brutal motion, it ripped the garment away, the sound of tearing fabric echoing in the confined space of the crawlspace.

Her eyes, wide with terror, were locked onto the spectral figure looming over her. Its eyes glowed with an eerie, sickly light, a luminescence that seemed to radiate malevolence. The figure's grin stretched across its face, a grotesque display of perverse satisfaction that sent a chill down Laura's spine.

The spectral figure seemed to drink in the sight of her, its grin widening as it took in her vulnerable state. It was a sight that would have been humiliating under normal circumstances, but in the face of such a supernatural entity, humiliation was the least of Laura's concerns. Her mind was consumed by fear, the terror of her situation rendering all other emotions insignificant.

The terror that had seized Laura escalated to an unbearable pitch as the spectral figure's hands, now appearing alarmingly corporeal, moved with a perverse certainty towards her waist. The hands, gnarled and aged, began to undo her belt, the metallic clink of the buckle echoing ominously in the confined space. Laura could only watch, her body frozen in terror, her mind screaming in silent protest as the figure continued its grotesque violation.

Her pants were tugged down, the rough fabric scraping against her skin as they were pulled to her ankles. Her panties, a delicate lace pair she had chosen that morning without a second thought, yanked to her ankles as well, leaving her lower body exposed to the cold, damp air of the crawlspace. The humiliation was acute, a sharp sting amidst the overwhelming terror. She was vulnerable, exposed, her body on display for the spectral figure that leered at her with its sickly glowing eyes.

The figure leaned closer, its face nearing her exposed vagina. Its tongue, a grotesque, spectral appendage, extended towards her, almost touching her. The cold, ethereal sensation was a chilling promise of the violation to come.

But then, just as the figure's tongue was about to make contact, there was a commotion at the entrance to the crawlspace. A beam of light cut through the darkness, casting long, monstrous shadows on the dirt walls. The spectral figure recoiled, its form flickering as the light hit it.

Lena stood at the entrance, her face set in a mask of determination. The flashlight in her hand cast her in stark relief against the darkness, her figure a beacon of hope in the midst of the nightmare. Her eyes met Laura's, a silent promise passing between them. She was here, she would not let this entity continue its violation. The terror was far from over, but for the first time since the spectral figure had appeared, Laura felt a glimmer of hope.

"FATHER!" Lena yelled, her voice echoing in the confined space. "Leave her be!"

The spectral figure, a grotesque mockery of a man, resumed its actions. Its tongue, a chilling specter, lingered a breath away from Laura's exposed femininity. Then, with a deliberate and horrifying slowness, it extended its tongue and took a long, audacious lick, the otherworldly and cold tongue penetrating her for a horrifying moment. The sensation was as chilling as the grave, a violation so profound it sent a shockwave through Laura's paralyzed body. A strangled gasp echoing in the confined space, as a wave of revulsion swept over her.

Having committed its vile act, the figure slowly raised its head, its glowing eyes locking onto Lena. The flashlight's beam danced in its eyes, casting an eerie glow that seemed to pierce the darkness. Its mouth, twisted into a grotesque grin, flicked its tongue out in a sickening display of satisfaction, licking spectral lips that had tasted the fear of countless victims.

The crawlspace fell into a tense silence, the only sounds the ragged gasps of Laura's breath and the distant, ominous drip of water. The air grew thick with tension, a palpable weight pressing down on them, making each breath a struggle. The figure held Lena's gaze, its eyes narrowing in a silent challenge. A standoff had begun, the outcome uncertain, the stakes horrifyingly high.

The spectral figure, a grotesque fusion of ethereal and human elements, recognized by Lena as the monstrous visage of her father, lunged towards her. It moved with an unnatural speed, a blur of darkness that cut through the beam of the flashlight. Lena stood her ground, her heart pounding in her chest as the figure rushed at her, stopping mere inches from her face. Its eyes, glowing with a malevolent light, bore into hers, its spectral breath cold against her skin. Then, with a sneer that twisted its already grotesque features, it let out a hiss of rage that echoed through the crawlspace.

And then, as abruptly as it had appeared, it was gone. The figure dissipated into the darkness, its form evaporating like mist. The oppressive energy that had filled the crawlspace, that had held Laura captive, lifted as if a heavy shroud had been pulled away.

Laura, released from the spectral paralysis, gasped for breath. She scrambled away from the spot where the figure had been, her hands shaking as she pulled her pants and panties back up, fastening them securely. She hastily buttoned her blouse, her movements frantic in her desperation to cover herself, to erase the physical evidence of the violation she had just experienced. Spotting her ruined bra in the dirt, she snatched it up.

As Laura emerged from the crawlspace, the cool night air hit her like a wave, a stark contrast to the stifling, oppressive atmosphere inside. She drew in a deep breath, the fresh air filling her lungs, a small comfort against the lingering terror.

David, who had been anxiously trying to enter the crawlspace, only to be blocked by Lena, rushed forward as Laura stumbled out. His eyes, wide with concern, took in her disheveled appearance. "Detective Mitchell," he began, his voice choked with worry. "Are you... are you okay?"

Laura held up a hand, stopping him mid-sentence. "I'm fine, David," she said, her voice a mere whisper in the darkness. "I just... I need a moment."

Lena, following behind, watched Laura with a mix of concern and regret. She felt a lump in her throat, words of apology and comfort teetering on the edge of her lips. But what could she say that would erase the horror Laura had experienced?

Finally, she found her voice. "Laura," she began, her words trembling in the quiet night. "I... I'm so sorry. I didn't know..."

Laura held up a hand, stopping Lena mid-sentence. "Don't," she said, her voice a mere whisper in the darkness. "Just... don't."

She took a moment, then, with a deep breath, she straightened up, pulling her uniform jacket tighter around her. "I need to... I need to report this," she said, her voice gaining strength, her professional demeanor slowly resurfacing.

Lena nodded, understanding the unspoken message. Laura needed space, needed time to process what had happened. "Of course," she said softly. "Take all the time you need."

David turned to look at Lena and Laura, his eyes filled with questions. But before he could say anything, Laura had already turned and was walking away, her silhouette slowly disappearing into the night. David watched her go, a sense of dread settling over him. He turned back to Lena, ready to face whatever truths lay ahead.

-----

With a sense of finality, David sealed the crawlspace, the wooden bang of the door echoing in the still night air. His heart pounded in his chest, the adrenaline still coursing through his veins from the harrowing events that had transpired. He turned to see Lena, her face pale under the moonlight, her eyes reflecting a mix of relief and lingering fear.

In a shroud of silence, they moved, their footfalls echoing against the gravel path. The night was devoid of the usual symphony of crickets, their absence lending an unsettling quietude to the scene. The back porch light, an island of illumination in the sea of darkness, seemed to grow more ominous with each passing moment.

Drawn to the hypnotic light, insects swarmed in a frenzied dance, their bodies casting grotesque shadows that flickered and writhed on the ground beneath them. The light cast long, distorted shadows that danced and twisted on the gravel path, their movements seeming almost sentient in the silence.

Once inside, Lena moved with a practiced ease, her hands automatically reaching for the kettle and tea leaves. The familiar ritual seemed to ground her, the simple act of making tea a comforting routine amidst the chaos. The soft whistle of the kettle filled the kitchen, the steam rising in gentle swirls, carrying the soothing aroma of the tea.

David, meanwhile, found himself drawn to his reading chair, a place of solace and comfort. He sank into the plush cushions, his body heavy with exhaustion. His mind was a whirlwind of thoughts, the night's events replaying in a relentless loop. He buried his face in his hands, the coolness of his skin a stark contrast to the warmth of his palms.

Lena entered the room, a steaming cup of tea in her hands. She set it down gently on the side table next to David, the ceramic clinking softly against the wood. She then moved to the couch, her body sinking into the cushions. The silence in the room was palpable, each lost in their own thoughts, the events of the night casting a long shadow over them.