A Hawke and his Princess Ch. 01-05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He hurried into the kitchen to grab a pitcher of cold water and a glass and hurried back to the room. He poured her a glass before setting the pitcher on the nightstand beside her. Fergus was sitting in the chair that he had moved by her bed and looked at him. Hawke understood in that look that Fergus needed some time with his sister. He nodded slightly, handed the glass to Elayne, told her where she could clean up and left the building only to be bombarded by his family and their questions. Before he could answer their questions he saw Bryce and Eleanor riding up, and put his hands up to forestall any further discussion for the moment.

After he walked over to Eleanor to help her down, he went over to Bryce and shook his hand. By then his family was beside him with nervous looks directed at Hawke. He introduced each of them, before he got to his mom, both women blurted out each other's names in shock. They both rushed forward hugging each other, acting like two giddy school girls. As Bryce opened his mouth to ask where Fergus and Elayne were Hawke felt a hand on his shoulder and give it a small squeeze. He turned to see Fergus beside him and Elayne on his other side. She reached her hand to take his and gave him a small smile before going to their parents. Fergus asked if they could use the guest house to talk, Hawke nodded, and told them to help themselves, knowing that there would be a lot of questions asked later. Leandra let go of Eleanor, both of them trying to compose themselves. Fergus took his family into the guest house with Elayne trailing behind. She looked at him and gave him a small smile before she closed the door behind them. He didn't know how much Fergus had been able to say to her before they came outside.

Hawke turned around knowing that he had answers to his families questions. First person to talk was his mother as she came over and hugged him, expressing her joy of seeing an old friend. Next he was being bombarded with multiple questions, he put up his hand stalling them once again until they got into the main house. But first he had to take care of the Cousland's soldiers and horses. After making sure the horses were taken care of and directing the soldiers to the bunk house, he went to his family house.

He grabbed a glass of juice and sat down. "First of all that was Bryce Cousland and his family who I had the privilege of meeting in Lothering when I went for supplies. I met them through their daughter Elayne, who I helped out after Mike took a sick interest in her. Second of all we were attacked by a rogue blood mage and his group on the way here."

"Eleanor knew mom from back when they were younger, and she wanted to see her old friend again so last night everyone decided to come for a visit. Sorry about not warning you all. Since I had to get the wagon back here early, Elayne and Fergus decided to join me, leaving their parents to come later. Right now Fergus is explaining everything that happened on the way here to his parents, even my own secret," he said this directing a look at everyone. Bethany started to say something, he cut her off with a firm shake of his head, "no, they don't know about your secret. As for me, I had no choice in the matter, it was either let the mage and his goons kill us or keep Elayne and Fergus alive by revealing my secret. Can I trust them, I think I can, I pray to the Maker I can, for mine and Elayne's sake, I hope I can." By the time he was finished, his mom had a strange look on her face and his sister had an excited grin on hers and Carver had his usual scowl on his.

Carver always seemed to have a scowl on his face though, always seemed to be in a foul mood since their dad had passed away. Hawke had a feeling that any day now he would wake up and find Carver gone. He didn't blame his brother, it must have been hard on him growing up and their father spending more time with Bethany and Hawke because of their magic. For a while their father had teachers training Carver that would help out on the farm during planting season until Hawke decided to pick up a sword one day and showed interest in it. Not only did he show interest, but he picked up on the training faster and would have it mastered by the end of the lesson. Then Caleb came into the picture. Caleb focused on Hawke and his training because of his mage skills. And ever since then, Carver had always resented him for it.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The lake

It was still early in the afternoon when Hawke stepped outside, after letting his family know that he needed to go clean up, that he'd be back later. Glancing towards the guest house and seeing that the Cousland's were still inside, Hawke knew that he needed to rest for a bit while waiting for them. He whistled for his horse who was grazing not far from him and jumped on Midnights back heading towards his house off in the woods to grab some clean clothes, towel and soap and headed to his favorite spot. When he reached the lake he couldn't help looking at the beauty of it. Clear deep blue water, with lush green grass and trees surrounding it. He let Midnight go while he grabbed his stuff and headed to his favorite rock. Stripping off his clothes he submerged himself in the water, after washing the blood and grime off he let himself relax, forgetting about the day's excitement for a while.

Back at the guest house Elayne was just coming out the door when she saw Bethany and Leandra in the garden. She looked around wondering where Hawke was but not seeing him anywhere she headed over to his mother and sister. When they saw her coming, Bethany stopped gathering some vegetables and went over to Elayne.

Bethany noticed that Elayne was looking good for someone who had recently been near death just that morning. Both girls nodded to each other, "are you doing ok? You look a lot better than earlier. My brother definitely knows what he's doing. If you don't mind me asking how did it go in there?" Bethany asked quietly, hoping her brother wasn't going to get hurt because of this.

Elayne looked at Hawke's sister and their mother, who had walked over to the girls by then, she could see the nervousness, fear and uncertainty in their eyes. They were scared for him. What he had revealed today could devastate his family but if Arik hadn't done what he did, Elayne and her brother wouldn't be here right now. He took a big risk revealing his secret in order to save them. She would be forever grateful for his sacrifice, she put Bethany and his mothers concerns to rest.

"His secret is safe with all of us. Hawke saved our lives today, and we are all eternally grateful and in his debt for that. You all have nothing to fear from us, this I swear under the eyes of the Maker." She could see the relief in both their eyes and the tension slowly easing from their bodies. For the first time Elayne saw both, women relaxing with smiles on their faces. She felt a hand on her arm and looked over at her mom beside her, Eleanor nodding to them.

Eleanor reached for Leandra's hand smiling at her. "What she says is true, you guys are safe, Hawke is safe. As far as we're all concerned the way the Circle treats the mages is wrong. He has proven his loyalty and worth to us today by saving our children. What he did proved what kind of person he really is, he willingly sacrificed his freedom for their lives. We will forever be in his debt."

Bethany saw tears in her moms eyes as Eleanor said this. Saw the two women hug, and she had an idea. One that could benefit not only her mom, who had been having a hard time since their father had passed but her brother also, but first she needed to talk to Elayne. She grabbed her hand, put a finger to her lips and gestured for her to follow.

Once they were out of sight Bethany looked at Elayne, truly seeing her for the first time. Up until a few minutes ago they had been more focused on her big brother and his future. Elayne was absolutely stunning, with intelligence in her eyes, she could see why her brother was taking a liking to her. The minute Bethany saw Elayne, she knew her brother had feelings for her. She could see that by the way he had treated Elayne during her ordeal earlier. When she had merged her mind with his she felt what he felt for Elayne, she knew that he loved her, his heart had already intertwined with hers. She could see it in the way he had held and looked at Elayne.

"I've got a plan, and I'd like your thoughts on them." Bethany told her. "How long are you guys going to stay in Lothering?"

Elayne looked at Bethany curiously, "we leave in three days for Redcliffe, why?"

"Well, why don't you guys stay here in the guest house until then? Do you think your parents will have a problem with this? I know my mom's been having a hard time since my dad passed away, but I can already see some life back in her with your mom being here. I think it would be good for her, especially now." As Bethany said this, she noticed a twinkle in Elayne's eyes, her head nodding in agreement.

Bethany grabbed her hand, and they headed back, she could see the other two women still talking, hoping they didn't notice the girls brief absence. Since it was her idea Bethany cleared her throat, looked at her mom. "Hey mom, since it's so late in the afternoon, and it's a three-hour ride back to Lothering why don't we have the Cousland's stay with us for the night? We have the guest house and the soldiers can stay in one of the bunk houses." She noticed out of the corner of her eye that Elayne was talking to her mom about it. The two older women looked at each other, smiling.

"We would love to have you guys stay here if you want, in fact stay here for as long as you want," Leandra said to Eleanor.

Eleanor smiled at this, "I don't see why not, I'm almost sure the guys won't have a problem and to be honest it would be a lot easier here then in that stuffy old Inn. This place is gorgeous, and the guest house is very spacious and comfortable, it's very beautiful here."

Before Leandra could say anything Bethany blurted out, "the guesthouse was Arik's idea. He's the one that designed it, and we all helped to build it. We actually thought it foolish because the only people that come here are hired help during certain times to help with the crops, but they stay in the bunk houses, but Arik insisted. I think it was an excuse for him to." She stopped suddenly looking at the other women and saw they had amused looks on their faces. She could feel her cheeks getting hot under their gazes, and she realized she had been rambling. Eleanor headed back to the guest house to inform Bryce of their decision, her shoulders shaking with laughter. Bethany turned back to her mom and Elayne, both of them with laughter in their eyes.

Bethany grabbed Elayne's hand telling her that they should go let Hawke know the news. Bethany told her to grab her horse, his place was a distance from the main house.

As both girls got on and rode towards his house, Elayne looked over at Bethany, "why does he live so far from you guys?"

"My brother likes his privacy but no worries, if anything was to happen my brother set up a way of warning him to any problems." Bethany watched Elayne as she rode beside her, "you know you're the first woman my brother has ever invited to the farm?" She saw Elayne's face getting a little red, but Elayne looked at her questioningly. "It's true, I don't think my brother has ever been interested in a woman, at least not to invite one here."

Elayne's cheeks flushed more, "he invited the whole family, both our mothers know each other."

Bethany giggled, "if that's what you want to believe then I'll let you think it."

"Why are you telling me this, Bethany."

Bethany gave her a knowing look, "because I know my brother and I know he cares about you, he has strong feelings for you Elayne, and I believe you care for my brother also."

Before Elayne could say anything they got to his home, Bethany yelled out for her brother but when he didn't respond she got down off her horse and went in his door. Seeing that he wasn't in, she remembered him saying something about cleaning up and Bethany got back on her horse to take them towards the lake.

"This is Hawke's house?" Elayne asked curiously.

Bethany nodded, "he built it himself, the inside is huge, he's got a room that's not finished upstairs, I'm not sure what he has planned for it and neither does he, considering he never finished it, but the house could definitely use a woman's touch," Bethany said as she looked at Elayne with a teasing grin, leading her to the lake.

Before they got completely to the lake they heard a splash in the water. Elayne looked at Bethany and Bethany grinned at her and told her to have fun, leaving her and heading back to his house.

Elayne looked at Bethany as she rode away in shock at first, then she couldn't help but laugh. Bethany was sly, that was for sure. Then she sat there wondering if she should stay and look for Hawke or go back. She decided to stay since Bethany had put this together, she was also aware that there was something going on between Bethany's brother and her. Her family staying there wasn't only for Bethany's mom. Bethany was trying to get her brother and Elayne together.

Elayne got down off her horse and walked over to the lake, the view here was beautiful with a waterfall cascading down it. The lake was a crystal blue, the same deep blue as Hawke's eyes. She turned and looked around, saw what looked like clothes on a rock further on. She walked over to it and sat down, moving the clothes over. As she sat there she heard another splash, turning her head towards the sound, she watched as Hawke emerged backwards from under the waterfall. The more of him that emerged, the more her mouth dropped open, and her eyes widened incredulously.

The first time she had seen him without a shirt on she knew he was well-built but seeing him completely without clothes on, and this close up, she was grateful that his back was to her, so he wouldn't see her, she knew her face was flushed red. Her gaze slid over his wide broad shoulders and muscular arms the size of a man's legs. He had truly magnificent, finely shaped muscles that bunched together as he wiped the water out of his face. Every muscle in his arms, shoulders and back rippled with the action.

She knew she should really turn her away, take her eyes off him, but she didn't, couldn't, she was in a trance with what was emerging out of the water. She stared shamelessly at him, her eyes slowly drifting over his magnificent back and his equally perfectly rounded rear, even the back of his thighs were muscular. Makers Breath he was beautiful, feeling the flush in her face rushing through her entire body. She couldn't resist her hand reaching out wanting to run them over his body.

She closed her eyes trying to get her flushed body to cool down but when she did, the image of him was still there. She quickly opened her eyes when she heard another splash and saw that he had turned around giving her a full-frontal view of the rest of his perfectly sculpted body. If she wasn't red before she was now, her whole body feeling like she was on fire. She saw that he hadn't noticed her sitting there yet, so she took advantage of it. Noting how finely chiseled his upper torso was. He was beautiful, masculine and powerful, he was a masterpiece.

Despite herself, knowing she shouldn't be looking but not being able to stop herself, her gaze went lower still, gasping when she saw the length of him between his legs. As she gazed at his shaft she noticed how long and thick he was, and she knew enough to know from hearing the talk from the maids and her friends back in Highever that he was far bigger and ticker than the average man. 'There is no way that monstrosity is going in me,' she whispered to herself, flushing even more if that was possible, but she couldn't help keeping her eyes off him as she felt a part of her body stirring, hoping to feel him inside her, and she heard herself whimper.

Suddenly feeling his eyes on her, she looked up in alarm, her face beat red as she saw him standing there looking straight into her eyes. Not sure how to respond she just sat there stupefied, starring at him as he walked unashamedly out of the water with a big broad grin on his face. One of his eyebrows went up as if in question, but she was literally speechless. She kept opening and closing her mouth to say something but nothing came out. When she had some control over her flushed body she turned her back to him, trying to get herself under control. When her face no longer felt like it was burning, she was finally able to say something even if it did come out in a squeak.

"I apologize for intruding on your bath. I just wanted to let you know the news." When he didn't say anything, she didn't know if she should continue or not, she still had her eyes closed, still not able to let herself turn around and look at him. She jumped and moaned when she felt his hand on her face, he reached down and took her hand, drawing her up to stand, so she could look at him.

"Elayne please open your eyes, I'm covered up," he said quietly with amusement in his voice. Still not trusting herself she slowly turned around and opened her eyes but kept her head down. He gently put a finger under her chin, raising her head to look up at him. "Look at me sweetheart, what news?" he asked softly, his voice sending warmth down her body. When she finally looked him in the eyes all she saw was gentleness, concern and tenderness, and something else she couldn't quit put a finger on. She took a deep breath, and relaxed as much as she could.

"Umm, I wanted to let you know that you're secret is safe with us. We, I am eternally grateful to you for saving mine and my brothers' life. If you hadn't taken the risk and exposed your secret we wouldn't be here. You have our eternal gratitude and thanks. I owe you my life," she said in a rush.

"Elayne, you don't owe me anything. There was no way I was going to let you or your brother die under my care. There's no way I could let you die if I had the power to keep it from happening. It was my choice to heal you, it was my choice to reveal my secret, I did what I did because of you. Don't you realize by now that I care about you? I would do anything for you Elayne." The last part he said in a husky whisper, his voice a sweet seduction to her.

His gaze captured hers. He leaned in, his lips a hairsbreadth away from hers. She reached up putting her hands around his neck. She closed the gap, initiating contact by pulling him down to her bringing her lips to his, sliding her tongue between his, hoping he would let her in. When he did, she kissed him as passionately as she could, expressing to him how she felt about him. Giving her all to him in the kiss.

Reluctantly she pulled away, looking him in the eyes, "thank you, Hawke." He looked her in the eyes, and she could see his desire, his need for her, and again she saw that same tender look she had seen before.

They pulled away when they heard Bethany calling for them. He hurried over and threw on his shirt and shoes, cursing about his sisters timing, it was the first time she realized he had been wearing just his pants. Elayne put her hand on his bare chest, needing to touch him, feeling the heat rising off his chest as she looked into his eyes.

"We can discuss this more later, your mother invited us to stay here for the remainder of our stay and we accepted. I hope that's ok with you." She couldn't help but see the joy flashing in his eyes, his face softening, a boyish little grin on his mouth.

When they both got on their horses and caught up to Bethany, she let them know that they should be getting back before their parents started worrying, but not before giving Hawke a good nudge on his horse.

1...34567...9