A Little Too Close For Comfort

Story Info
Sheltering in the Pandemic, Jenna & Alexei finally connect.
17k words
4.85
36.5k
94
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This one is for the Love the One(s) You're With Competition. As always, your votes and comments would be much appreciated. Hope you enjoy this, and Stay Well!

JENNA

Now that the sports bar was being shut down due to the pandemic, as I wiped down the bar getting ready to shelter in place, I wondered what was going to happen to us. Then I happened to look over and noticed Alexei all alone at the far end of the bar, sitting near the juke box, just staring into his beer.

From what Kenny the owner had told me, poor guy was screwed. He was supposed to get a flight home back to Europe after his hockey tournament had ended, before everything shut down, and now he was stuck here with nowhere to stay in the middle of a lockdown. The travel company they'd used had folded and now the whole team was trying to find somewhere to stay.

I liked him, too, he was a good guy; a little flirty and fun but never pushy or crude. When he and his teammates would come in after a game, he was always polite and called me by my name. Unlike some of the other players who thought it was funny to call me toots or babe when they'd eye me like they wanted to have me for dinner as they placed their orders.

Feeling kind of bad for him, I wandered over to see if I could help. "Hey, Alexei, Kenny told me what happened. So, have you found anywhere to stay yet?"

The look in his ice-blue eyes was just so hopeless as he shook his head, shrugging his big broad shoulders. "I've tried everywhere I can think of, but no one's got any room. With the whole team looking for somewhere to stay, there aren't many options left. And my asshole coach won't even pick up his phone."

Hating to think of him having to sleep somewhere like a park bench, I looked at him for a minute and thought, What the heck, why not. Then before I could think twice, I was saying, "Well, I've got a pull-out couch, so if you don't mind sleeping on that, you can stay with me until you find something else."

He looked surprised. "Really? You'd let me stay with you?" He stood and pulled his wallet out of his jeans. "If you're serious, I've got some money and I'd be happy to pay you whatever you think is fair. And no worries, I'll keep to myself and you won't even know I'm there."

He was such a sweet guy, and he looked so desperate I couldn't take his money, especially since I'd already paid the rent for the month. "Alexei, you don't have to pay me anything. But the bar's about to close until this thing blows over, so we should go."

When he reached out and covered my hand with his, I couldn't believe the little zip of awareness that rushed through me. "Thank you, Jenna. You're a life saver," he said, stroking his hand over mine.

I just nodded, and said, "No problem." Though as I pulled back my hand, I was already wondering how on earth he thought a gorgeous, muscle bound jock like him would be able to blend into the furniture in my little place, like I wouldn't even know he was there.

Oh, well. At least he was polite and hopefully stuck to the living room, and knew enough to keep his clothes on.

Once I was done cleaning up, dropped my keys off in Kenny's office, picked up my purse and grabbed my jacket, I offered to help Alexei with his two big suitcases. But he just chuckled and picked them up like they didn't weigh a thing, and said, "No. I got this. You just lead the way."

Walking out beside him, looking up at him I realized what a big burly guy he really was. Seeing as I'm only five foot four, I figured he had to be well over six foot tall, the way he towered over me. He was big all over too, and nothing but muscle from what I could tell. But no matter how tempting, I reminded myself that I was only helping him out as a friend and nothing more.

Luckily for him, having to lug his heavy suitcases behind him, my apartment was just around the corner a little ways up the street in easy walking distance of the bar.

As we walked up to the third floor of the old converted manse that housed my attic apartment, amazingly he seemed to barely notice the weight of his bags, so I could tell he was in really good shape. But when I unlocked the door and Alexei stepped inside, my place suddenly felt so small with his big strong body seeming to suck up all the space in the room.

He glanced around and nodded. "Nice place."

I just shook my head and smirked, sure that he was just being polite. It was okay, small and tidy, painted white to try and make it feel bigger, it worked for me on my own, but it was hardly glamorous. I was starting to wonder though, how the two of us would be able to co-habit in my little bread-box sized apartment, at least without tripping over each other.

Once I flicked on the light, walked over and tugged open the pull-out couch in the living/dining/study and everything else room, I said, "I just hope you'll be able to fit on this thing."

Though he looked at it and said, "Yeah, it'll be fine." When I looked him over again, I couldn't see how. To keep his legs from hanging over the end I knew he'd have to sleep on it diagonally and even then he'd barely fit without having to curl into a ball.

Being so much smaller than him, looking through the doorway of my bedroom at my big comfy bed, I felt a little guilty. "Um, on second thought, I can sleep out here, Alexei. I'm a way better fit for the couch. And since my bed's queen-size, I'm sure you'll be more comfortable sleeping on that."

With a stubborn shake of his head, he said, "No way am I taking you out of your bed, not when you've been kind enough to let me stay here. I can just curl up on my side. Believe me, it'll work."

I didn't believe him.

Still, I just shrugged and decided to let him see for himself. Sure that if he woke up in the morning curled up tighter than an over-cooked shrimp, he might change his mind and agree to take my bed.

"Okay, then, guess I'll give you the grand tour, and I'll get you some bedding after." When I pushed open the door and took a critical look at my tiny bathroom, I realized with the size of him, he'd also have to duck his head just to get into the shower. Obviously the place wasn't designed for a big, buff jock like him. "I just hope you can fit in there," I said, eyeing the slanted ceiling over the tub, wondering how comfortable he'd be trying to get a shower with his neck bent.

Then as I thought about him stepping into the shower, out of nowhere an image of him naked, running his hands over all those hard, toned muscles popped into my head, making my nipples tighten till they tingled -- which was just what I didn't need, to start lusting after my temporary roomie and getting myself all hot and bothered.

Hoping to banish the thought, I gave my head a firm shake, and told myself to stop it.

As Alexei poked his head in beside me to take a look at the bathroom, I could see he didn't look too sure, but he still nodded and tried to sound positive. "Yeah, it'll work. No problem." I just hoped he was right, because aside from the kitchen sink, there was nowhere else to wash.

Until I tried to share the space with him, I'd never really thought about how small my kitchen was. When I walked in to show him the little cubbyhole-sized space and Alexei followed, I could actually feel the heat coming off his body, especially with him standing right behind me. I couldn't believe the warm sensation washing through me as I struggled to keep my voice steady, doing my best Vanna White impersonation, pointing out the toaster oven, fridge, and narrow little stove that made up the kitchen.

When I turned around and found myself face to face with my hunky new roommate, who was now happily flashing me a naughty grin, I started to think that maybe this hadn't been such a great idea after all -- especially when my gaze dropped to his insanely sexy lips, looking almost too tempting to resist.

But someone had to be looking out for me, because just in the nick of time, before I did something stupid like tug his head down for a taste of those lips, my phone chimed. When I pulled it out of my pocket and took a look at the screen display, once I saw who it was, like always, with a roll of my eyes, I disconnected without even bothering to answer.

Noticing what I'd done, Alexei said, "Hey, if you need some privacy to talk, I can..." He looked around, and shrugged. "...I guess, go in the other room and plug my ears if you want."

Laughing at the idea of him on my little couch with his fingers stuck in his ears, so I could take a call from a waste of space like Jarrod, was just too funny. "No. It's just my ex, and believe me I have no desire to talk to him."

His brow shot up. "You have an ex-husband?"

Ugh, what a thought. Just the idea of being foolish enough to tie myself down to a creep like Jarrod made me cringe. "Oh, god no, we never got that far. We just dated for a while. At least until I discovered he was still seeing his ex on the side. But now for some weird reason, he wants us to get back together -- which he can't seem to get into his thick skull is never going to happen."

Then blowing out an exasperated breath, I looked around the kitchen and said, "But, enough about him. So, go ahead and make yourself at home, and feel free to help yourself to whatever's in the fridge. Meanwhile, I've got some studying to do, so I guess I'll say goodnight."

He looked a little surprised. "So, you're in school?"

"Yep." I rocked on my heels, glad that I still was, considering how hard it had been trying to hold down a job while keeping up my studies. Seeing he was curious, I explained, "I'm studying for my nursing degree. I only work at the bar to pay the rent, and keep me in groceries. And I was hoping to graduate in another year or so. But now that classes are cancelled, with what's going on in the world, everything's up in the air."

It touched me to see how disappointed he looked, the way he looked into my eyes like he understood what I was feeling. "Wow, that's too bad. But this thing can't go on forever, so I'm sure you'll do it, and you'll get your degree. I know you're smart. I've paid attention when we've talked."

I smiled at him, realizing he was a pretty sweet guy. "Yeah, let's hope."

"So, do you mind if I get a shower?" he asked.

Refusing to allow that buck-ass naked image of him to pop into my head again, I said, "Sure, you go right ahead. And I'll put fresh towels outside the door, and get some sheets and things for the bed while you're in there."

Leaning close, his gaze locked on mine, he looked so sincere as he ran his hands up and down my arms, and said, "I really appreciate you helping me out like this, Jenna. And one day I'll pay you back, I promise." Just from his touch, I could feel my skin going all tingly -- which I knew had never happened to me before. But I figured it had to be something about the feel of a big, hunky hockey player running his hands over me for the first time in my life that had my poor nervous system going all flooey.

But considering I'd decided to dedicate all my time and energy to my education, and not let myself get involved with anyone until I was done -- especially after the mistake I'd made with Jarrod, I sure didn't need a distraction like Alexei making me wonder what it would feel like to push up on my toes, wrap my arms around his neck, press my lips to his and kiss that perfect mouth.

But I figured Alexei had to be psychic, because the next thing I knew he was tipping up my chin and showing me exactly what it felt like, when he softly brushed his lips to mine. Wow! I couldn't believe that even a little kiss like that was enough to get my lady parts humming.

With my eyes still closed, feeling myself listing towards him, I could hear him chuckling as he steadied me with a firm grip of his big meaty hands on my waist.

When I finally peeled open my eyes and noticed that his baby blues were sparkling with amusement, I thought, Okay, Jenna, enough with the swooning already. Geesh, just go get the sheets and towels, or you'll have him thinking you've never been kissed before.

Though, I'd honestly had never been kissed by anyone quite as hot or nearly as charming, I still made up my mind that it was a one-time thing, just a minor slipup on my part, never to be repeated. Since I sure as heck didn't need to start mooning over the big lug -- no matter if he had my lady bits buzzing or not.

I had my head stuck in my tiny bedroom closet hunting for the dark blue sheets that fit on the pull-out couch, that I knew had to be buried in there somewhere, when I heard the shower shut off. I turned my head, bit into my lip, and just hoped he wouldn't come strolling out in his birthday suit -- of course still dripping with water, with all those big hard muscles rippling, and his hair all damp and sexy just waiting for my fingers to run through it.

Geesh, just thinking about him naked in my apartment was enough to send my dirty mind into overdrive. And I knew I had to get a grip.

So, with a load of bedding stacked to my chin I wandered out to the living room to give Alexei a hand making his bed, when I nearly dropped the whole thing on the floor.

Fresh from the shower, just as I'd pictured, looking deliciously damp, with his dark hair a little messy, fetchingly sticking up here and there, he had my fingers twitching, wishing I could run my hands through all that thick dark lushness. But if that wasn't enough, I dropped my gaze and swallowed hard, as my eyes slowly raked over his rock hard body with abs to die for, clad in just a pair of skin-tight clingy black boxers that did nothing to hide what he was carting around in them. I could feel my sex clenching, convinced that I had never laid eyes on anything as magnificent as his perfectly toned muscular form, still dripping from the shower, and smelling like heaven even from the doorway.

"You don't have any pajamas?" I asked, once I remembered how to talk.

He shrugged, looking over at me curiously, probably wondering why I sounded funny. "No. Normally I just sleep in the buff, but I thought I'd better cover up a little for you."

Gee, how sweet of him to think of me. Somehow, I resisted rolling my eyes.

Doing my best not to stare right at his bare chest, a little afraid I might go blind, remembering the warnings I'd heard as a child about the dangers of looking straight at the sun, I put the bedding down on the end table. After I shook out the fitted sheet, keeping my gaze firmly averted, I said, "Okay, you tuck in that side, and I'll tuck in over here." With the two of us working together, it didn't take long and the bed was made. With Alexei now busy pulling the pillow slips over the pillows, I knew I could leave and go to bed, but curious to see how a guy his size was going to fit on such a pint-sized mattress, I decided to wait around to see how he'd do it.

He must have read my mind. He looked over at me, trying to keep a straight face, and gestured with a flick of his hand that I should go. "You can go to bed now. I'll be fine out here."

I smirked. "Then show me."

His eyebrow cocked, and his lips twitching, he met my challenge. "Okay." He crawled onto the bed, and then when he got onto his back I couldn't help it, I laughed out loud, he just looked so funny with about a foot and half of hairy leg hanging out at the bottom. Laughing right along with me, he held up his hand and said, "Wait. Let me try it this way." Even when he tried it corner to corner, with his head squished in between the armrest and the back corner of the couch, he was still too tall to fit.

Shaking my head, hating to see him flopping around like a seal, trying to make it work, I said, "Alexei, just go sleep in the other bed, and I'll take this one, okay? You can't possibly sleep like that."

Stubborn man, just curled up tight on his side, shoved a pillow under his head and said, "Look, it works, okay? No problem."

Chuckling to myself I said, "Okay. Then good night and sleep tight." Like he had any choice squeezed in there like a sardine. But I imagined if he woke up in the morning with a mother of a backache, he might agree to switching beds.

Thinking about the poor guy curled up like that, while I was stretched out comfortably, I couldn't study anymore, so I put aside the book I was reading -- on everything I'd ever need to know about the circulatory system -- and turned out the light. Oddly though, I found it comforting to know that Alexei was with me, and I wouldn't have to face the lockdown on my own -- at least until he found somewhere else to stay.

In the morning, as I stretched myself awake, and noticed the apartment was quiet, I decided I'd go and see how he'd managed. After I threw back the covers, and slipped on a robe, I tiptoed out and then when I saw him, I could feel my heart clenching in my chest. Asleep, he looked so adorably boyish with his hair all askew, those long dark lashes resting on his high cheek bones and those perfect lips slightly parted, softly breathing in and out, lost in dreamland. But seeing how awkwardly he was curled up made me wince, like I was the one crammed on there and not him. No way could he be comfortable sleeping like that. So I leaned over, brushed my hand over his bare shoulder and whispered in his ear, "Alexei, why don't you get in my bed for a while, you'll sleep better."

His eyes opened, and when he saw it was me, his face instantly broke into a smile. But then he frowned and asked, "I wasn't snoring, was I? I hope I didn't wake you."

I laughed. "No, you weren't snoring. But why don't you try and get a little more sleep in my room, while I get us some breakfast."

But when he sat up in bed and stretched, lordy, the sight of him flexing all those muscles had me trying not to whimper. The man had the body of Greek god, and I decided it was time I got busy in the kitchen and quit drooling over him, especially before he noticed.

I had the coffee made, the eggs scrambled and I was just putting some toast on the plates, when I turned my head, looked at the couch and noticed he wasn't there anymore. Hoping he'd taken my advice and had nodded off in my bed, when I poked my head around the corner and looked into the other room, I almost dropped the two plates on the floor.

Oh, my god. Right in front of the couch, he was on the floor doing push-ups. With those rigid back muscles rippling, guns flexing, ass muscles so tight and hard, and the only thing covering that perfect body was those tiny little skin-tight boxers that barely hid a thing. And I knew I had to be drooling now.

Too overcome to look away, I shamelessly stared as every muscle in his body started doing some major rippling when he switched it up, adding some claps between push-ups! Holy smokes, I don't think I'd ever seen anyone as fit, even in movies.

Okay, so I knew I was guilty of doing a little ogling, when just I stood there and kept staring, mesmerized at the wonder of such a finely tuned body in motion. But I know I'd never had anything as arousing going on in my little apartment, and also knew I was never likely to again. So, who could blame me?

It wasn't like I'd reached for my phone to get a shot of what this much man looked like, so I could go back and relive this time with him. When I'd no doubt eventually find myself having to settle for a mere mortal, with a body that wouldn't make me want to throw myself at him and beg him to show me what that much man would feel like wrapped around me, never mind sliding inside me.

Finally, the show ended when he hopped to his feet, looked over, noticed watching him, smiled and said, "Just trying to keep in shape."

Cocking an eyebrow, and looking him over, I'd say his shape was perfect. But then, it's not like I had much to compare him to, since Jarrod was hardly Mr. Universe, and a lot more like Mr. Potato Head.