A Love to Last Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

David on the other hand was caught off guard when his kiss with Ben was cut short right before he saw a fist flying in his face. He was hit right in the jaw, sending him flying to the ground. He fell arm first before his entire body followed. He could taste the coppery blood in his mouth.

"You!" Jerome was quivering in anger. "How could you?"

Jerome was about to explode with rage. His whole body shook from it and he felt like killing David after what he had seen. There were tears in his eyes and anger heated his blood.

David ignored the pain in his thigh, the blood seeping from the cut in his left arm and tried to move as quickly as possible. He got on his back, staring at the man that looked down on him like he wanted to murder him.

"How could you do this?" He raged. "I am going to kill you."

He charged at David but Ben quickly rose and came in between them.

"Papa, no!" He shook his head. "Please, don't hurt him. I can explain."

"Explain what?" He snapped, pointing his finger angrily at his son. "How could you do this to your brother? I am so disappointed in you. Get out of my way if you don't wanna get hurt."

"No, papa, please listen..."

"I am not gonna repeat myself again." He warned.

"Papa..."

"It's okay." David said softly, rising from the ground. "Ben, please..." He moved Ben out of the way and stood in front of the man. "I get that you are angry right now, sir. But it's not Ben's fault. I didn't intend for things to go this way."

"You didn't intend?" He seethed, clenching his fists. "I welcomed you into my home, trusted you with my son and this is how you decided to repay me. By hurting my son?"

"Sir..."

"Shut up!" He sent his fist flying again into the man's face.

David fell to the ground again and fell a sharp pain in his groin. He made a low growl, straining to stand up to the pain.

"David!" Ben rushed to him.

"You come here!"

Jerome gripped his son's arm painfully and pulled him close to him.

"I don't ever want to see you anywhere near my sons again." He warned. "IF I see you, I might just kill you."

"Papa." Ben cried. "You're hurting my arm."

But the man was deaf to his son's pleas. He instructed his guard to drive the car inside the compound while he painfully dragged his son inside. Ben felt like his arm was on fire but no matter what he said, Jerome was deaf to his pleas. Once they reached inside the house, he angrily threw him to the floor.

"Daddy!" Jim wailed when he saw his father enter the house. He rushed to him and wrapped his arms around him, crying like there was no tomorrow. "It hurts so much, dad. Please, take this pain away from me. I don't wanna feel this way."

Jerome held his son tightly, rubbing his back. He had tears in his eyes as rage once again pounded in him like a drumbeat. He glanced at Ben who was crying on the floor and felt like something had possessed him. He'd never seen Jim cry before so he knew it was very painful.

"I can't take this anymore, dad." Jim sobbed uncontrollably.

"It's okay, my love. I am here." He said with sadness in his voice. "I'll make it all better, I promise."

"I just want, David. He's the only one I want."

"I swear it will be better."

"How can it be better?" Elena spoke angrily, rushing towards them. "My son hasn't stopped crying since yesterday. He has already passed out twice and you think it will get better."

She directed her eyes at Ben. "And this boy doesn't even seem to care. He didn't even think twice about having sex with his brother's boyfriend. But no, I am the bad one." She said with heavy sarcasm. "Whenever I tried to speak the truth, I was always seen as the evil step-mother. Now the truth has come to light. He was jealous after all. He couldn't bear to see my son happy."

"That's not true." Ben shook his head. "I never did any of that. Please, papa, you have to listen to me. You know me better than anyone and you know that I cannot do such a thing."

"And he still pretends to be a saint." She chuckled bitterly. "Who are you gonna believe? The truth right in front of you or the lies this boy is gonna tell?"

Ben got on his knees and put his hands together.

"I have never lied to you, papa." His voice was heavy with emotion. "I know this looks bad but I can explain. I want you to listen to me. Listen to your Ben."

The ridges of Jerome's neck became dangerously pronounced. He carefully gave Jim to Elena and slowly started walking towards Ben, nostrils flared and face flushing with rage. His fingers robotically pointed directly into Ben's face.

"Papa please..."

"What wrong did I ever do that you turned out to be like this?" His mouth shook uncontrollably. "Didn't I give you enough love? Didn't I give you every material thing that you could ever need? Did I fail as a father?"

"No, papa..." He shook his head. "...listen to me, papa. I can explain right from the start. I have never slept with David while he was with my brother. It's all a misunderstanding. When we met..."

"Shut up!" He snapped, gripping his arms painfully. Ben felt his father's nails digging into his arms and he winced. "I don't need to hear any more of your lies. What are you gonna tell me? I saw enough when I found you kissing that bastard outside the gate. Are you gonna explain that too?"

"You're hurting me, papa." He sniveled, staring into the eyes of the man he couldn't recognize anymore. "Please, listen to me."

"Just look at your brother." He furiously turned Ben's head to Jim who was mourning in Elena's arms. "Do you see what you've done to him? I have never seen my son cry before and today he is crying because of what you did. Weren't there other men for you to seduce apart from your brother's man. How shameless can you be?"

"Papa, please, listen to me..." He pleaded. "I am your son, your Ben. You promised to always lend a listening ear. I need you to listen to me, please."

"All my life..." He said in between clenched teeth. "...I tried so much to protect you from the world, from my wife. I neglected Jim and gave you the best life even when Elena told me the kind of person you are. I gave you everything when I should have been protecting my son from you. Jim needed protection from you because his enemy has been staying with him in this house."

Ben's entire body became impossibly still and a hard knot constricted his throat, making it hard to breathe. He was staring at his father like he'd said something abominable. He felt cold and dead.

"What kind of person have I been keeping in this house? Even a witch doesn't attack her own home." He added. "I am so disappointed in you, Ben. Maybe my wife has been right all along. I shouldn't have brought you into this house. My son wouldn't have been hurt."

Ben gaped, uncertain whether to breathe or scream. The tears started flowing again.

"Now you listen to me." Jerome warned, pulling him closer. "I don't want you near Jim. Don't ever come close to my son. He doesn't deserve someone like you."

With one angry look, Jerome let go of Ben. Ben dropped to the floor in a slumped posture, the words his father had said playing at the back of his mind. He couldn't believe that the only person he thought was gonna listen and set things right had said those hurtful words to him.

With one look at Ben, Jerome took his son in his arms. It wasn't easy for him but he was just too upset.

"Let's go son." He said softly.

He went upstairs with Jim in his arms, soothing him. Elena on the other remained staring at the boy that seemed hopeless. A gigantic grin spread across her face, her soul started dancing and singing the song of heavens.

"Poor, poor Ben!" She chirped, shaking her head. "Who would have thought that Jerome who has shown you so much love would talk to you like that? I am actually very surprised, aren't you?"

Ben was sinking into the deep sea of his tears.

"I remember a few years ago, he brought you home with him. He was so happy. He protected you. But now, that's one thing he regrets the most." She gasped in mock astonishment. "And here we are with my victory award in my hands. At this point, you're alone, Ben. No one loves you here and... as much as I hate saying it, no one will love you from this moment. My son will soon get back with David and you'll be forgotten. Just like that." She snapped her finger in his face.

A great pang gripped Ben's heart. He slowly raised his head and stared into her mocking eyes.

"You wanted this, didn't you?" His voice was barely above a whisper. "You told papa something that made him so angry, didn't you?"

"Well, I just told him the truth that his son is a whore." She shrugged. "And you're right, I did want this. I didn't even have to do much. You destroyed yourself, Ben, and I only showed everyone what you really her. You've lost your brother and now you dearest loving father. Your family doesn't care about you and now I get to have my complete family without a pest in our lives. This is the way it should have been from the very beginning."

"Papa is just angry. He'll listen to me."

"Will he?" She crossed her arms on her chest, wearing an evil grin. "You just broke his son's heart and if I got it clearly, he saw you outside kissing his son's man. I don't think what he said here was a joke. If I were you, I'd leave from here with the little dignity that I have."

Ben slightly closed and mourned. He felt like someone was squeezing his heart.

"And if you think you're gonna get away with hurting my son, you don't know me that well." She warned, pointing angrily at him. "If I were you, I'd watch where I step. It might be a bomb." She smiled and leaned, cupping his cheeks. "You enjoy yourself while you can without daddy to protect you."

She leaned forward and pressed a kiss on his forehead. Ben remained there crying, his mind so crowded with so many thoughts but none to help him.

Was this it for him and his father?

***

David was pacing around the room, feeling like his feet were on fire. He felt trapped; like he was suffocating in the mist of his escape. He needed to think straight although his mind was crowded. He was developing a headache but he didn't care.

"Dude, are you gonna sit down or I am gonna be watching you moving like a mad man the entire night?" Isaac said in frustration. "You haven't said a single word in 20 minutes."

David stopped and glanced at his laptop screen. "How do you expect me to calm down after what I told you? He's not picking up his calls and I can't get out of here. Mom has me locked up in the house."

"I know." Isaac hit his head. "But this isn't helping anyone. The only thing you're gonna do is make yourself tired."

"I don't care. I am worried." He sighed, dropping to his knees. "His father seemed pretty upset. What if they're hurting him right now? I feel so stupid because it's my fault. He's suffering because of me. I destroyed his life."

"Well, you could have asked me and I would have told you that." He rolled his eyes. "But blaming yourself isn't gonna solve anything. I am sure he's got some issues going on. You told me he speaks so highly of his father. I am sure he can't hurt him."

"Not after the way I saw him holding him." He put his hands on his mouth. "The whole thing is killing me. I am supposed to be there with him. He shouldn't be passing through this alone when I was the one that caused all this."

"There's nothing you're gonna do." Isaac shrugged. "All you can do right now is hope that he answers your call."

David groaned angrily and tried the phone again. But there was no answer. He tried to call again when the door to his room opened. It was Amber.

"Did you manage?" David asked anxiously. "How's he?"

"I am sorry, David." Amber said softly, holding his hands. "I couldn't even get into the house. His father has restricted anyone from going in there without his permission."

"Fuck!" He swore, stamping his foot on the floor. "The situation is even worse than I thought. I am literally trapped in here and I cannot do anything. I need to go there and help him out. He hasn't been answering my calls."

David picked up the car keys from the table and began rushing out of the room with Amber calling him. He didn't wanna hear anything. All he wanted was to see Ben and make sure he was alright. He didn't care how but he was gonna find a way.

He came downstairs and was rushing to the exit when two bodyguards blocked him.

"Excuse me!" He said harshly. "Are you trying to get yourselves fired?"

"Sorry, sir!" One of them bowed. "We're only following orders. We don't wanna get fired."

"I am gonna fire your ass." He snapped. "Get out of my way, right now."

"They're doing no such thing." Claudia announced as she came down the stairs. She cat walked to where her son was making a scene. "I thought I made it clear this afternoon that you will not be leaving this house anymore. You're not gonna be going to the office or to meet anyone."

David laughed. "I am not a prisoner here, mom." He said harshly. "Why are you doing this to me?"

"Until you come back to your senses and go back to your boyfriend, you're not gonna leave this house." She said with her arms crossed. "You're even lucky I haven't locked you in your room."

David shook his head. "Is it a crime to be in love, mom? I am in love with this boy. When will you understand this?"

"I won't." She shook her head. "And I suggest you go back to your room right now. Otherwise, I'll order the guards to take you there."

Tears formed in David's eyes. "You may lock me up in here forever, but all it will do is make me love him more."

He rushed upstairs.

"Mom, don't you think you're being unfair here?" Amber asked softly. "You're hurting your own son and for what exactly? Shouldn't you be happy he's found someone that he loves?"

"I suggest you keep your mouth shut before you make me angry." Claudia warned. "I know that you've been trying to reach that boy so before I lock you up inside, you better keep quiet and stop this drama."

"I don't understand." She shook her head in sadness. "What's the difference between Ben and Jim? They're both Henandez brothers. They've the same blood so how did you approve of Jim and show so much hatred for Ben? He's a good guy, mom."

"I don't need your opinion." She yelled. "If you don't know the difference then stop talking before I slap you. Now get out of my sight."

Amber stamped her foot on the floor and stormed out of the living room.

***

Ben opened the door to the room slowly, feeling like he was walking in a lion's den. His heart skipped a beat as he walked into the room. When he saw his father seated on the couch with his eyes on the laptop, he felt a shiver go down his spine. He had no choice but to walk to him since he was already in the room.

Reaching him, he knelt beside him and stared at him. The man didn't even want to make eye contact with him.

"Papa!" He called softly.

He felt a loss of connection with his father. He just kept typing on his laptop without even acknowledging the fact that his son was there.

"Dad, please!" His already swollen eyes welled up. "Please, at least, look at me. Say something to me instead of ignoring me like this. I am begging you. Do not punish me so harshly. Dad?"

A look of great bitterness swept across Jerome's face and irritation surged up inside him.

"You know that you're my strength, papa." He sobbed, resting his hands on his father's thighs. "You're the only one that I have left. If you punish me so harshly then I don't know what I will do. You didn't even get to hear my side of the story."

Jerome moved his legs away, angrily putting the laptop on the table. His eyes narrowed as he stared at his son and his teeth clenched together.

"What side of the story do I need to hear?" He let out a growl of annoyance. "I already heard and saw whatever I needed to see. I don't wanna hear any more lies from your mouth. I trusted you, gave you everything and made sure that you had all you asked from me. I tried to be a fair father to the both of you even though I neglected Jim. Whenever Elena said something, I defended you. But now I am a laughing stock."

"Papa, I know." He nodded. "I know this seems bad but..."

"This is worse than it seems. My son cannot such a thing to his own brother. Where are your morals? You always preach about good morals but you were busy sleeping with your brother's fiancé? What betrayal is worse than that?"

"I did not sleep with David while he was with Jim, I swear."

"It doesn't matter what you say to me." He clenched his fist angrily, rising from the chair. "I already saw the truth before my eyes. And now because of you, my son is hurt. I don't know how to comfort him and I don't know how to make everything better for him. If anything happens to Jim, I will not spare you, Ben."

"I am your son too." He mourned. "Why aren't you listening to me, dad?"

"Yes, you are. Maybe it is my punishment for having a son like you. Maybe this is my punishment for cheating on Elena years ago. Karma is catching up with me."

Complete hopelessness converted into tears that rain down Ben's face at lightning speed. Every heartbeat sent a surge of pain, as if his chest was being torn apart. He dropped his eyes and saw the bracelet on his wrist and remembered the moment he had spent with his father when he had given him that bracelet.

"Do you remember when you gave me this, papa?" He raised his hand and showed it to his father. "You told me that grandpa gave it to you to give it to your son. You gave it to me because you don't care what anyone else says about me, dad. Right now, I need you to open your heart and listen to me. Even if it's just for a few seconds.

I will not deny that I love David so much and I want to be with him. But that's the only truthful in this." He wiped his tears. "I have never done anything to hurt Jim and I wouldn't dream of it because I love him. You know how protective I am of Jim and everything I have done to make him happy. Why would I give all that away because of my jealousy? Dad..."

Before Ben could finish his sentence, Jerome stretched his hand in Ben's face.

"Give me the bracelet right now." He demanded. "You do not deserve that. I will give it to the person it belongs to."

"What?" Ben gasped, shaking his head. "Papa..."

"I don't wanna ask twice, Ben." Jerome's pulse raced and he breathed heavily, almost as if he would burst. "Give me the bracelet."

"No!" Ben shook his head. "You gave this to me, papa. This means a lot to me. Don't take it from me."

Jerome gave his son a deadly look and gripped his arm. Ben tried to prevent his father from taking the bracelet but he was too strong. Before he knew it, his father was holding the bracelet in his hand

"You don't deserve this." He yelled. "I can't believe I have a son that turned into a complete slut. Whatever wrong did I do in my past life to deserve this? I shouldn't have brought you here in the first place. I should have left things the way they were. But I am being punished for cheating on Elena years ago. I wish I could turn back the hands of time."

Ben felt like his heart had been ripped out. A state of misery that he couldn't see the end of the tunnel. A terrible weight fell onto his shoulders as he knelt there. It was as though a giant boulder landed on him and he couldn't straighten out.

"Like I said, I don't want you anywhere near Jim." He warned, pointing a finger in his face. "I don't care what you do from now onwards and I don't care where you go but stay away from him because you and I will have trouble."

Only the tears were speaking for Ben.

"And your rights have been revoked." He added. "You won't be able to enjoy the same rights as him."

Although Jerome said that, there was so much pain inside of him. But he needed to do it in order to protect his son, Jim. He couldn't trust Ben anymore and now he needed to focus on making his son happy.