A Matching of Souls

Story Info
A tale of two sisters.
20.9k words
4.74
7.4k
8
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PickFiction
PickFiction
1,431 Followers

All of my writing is fiction, and the stories and characters are products of my imagination. They were created for my fun and, hopefully, your enjoyment. Some of the events in the stories are not particularly condoned nor encouraged by the author but are there to create and enhance the story of the imaginary characters and their lives. Comments are always encouraged and carefully reviewed. All characters within the story that need to be are 18 years of age or older. I hope you enjoy!

And please take a second to vote and comment.

≈≈≈

PRELOGUE:

"What the hell was that noise?" Kerianne's eyes were wide, her body alert.

"It's out back," Remington said, sinking lower into the big overstuffed chair.

"Go see what it is. You're still dressed." KeriAnne was peeking around the edge of the kitchen wall, wondering if someone had locked the back door.

"Yeah, but you're older and bigger, too." Remington was still curled up in the chair.

Kerianne glared at her sister, clicking off the lights in both the family room and the kitchen.

"Get on the floor, and we'll both crawl to the back door. It's dark, and we can see...whatever we see."

Remington wanted to stay huddled in her chair -- her nature didn't lean toward bravery. But, she often allowed her sister to talk her into doing things that she was sorry for later. As she crawled out of the chair onto the floor, she lamented that she never seemed to learn.

"There it is again," Kerianne said in a loud whisper. "I wish I had a gun."

Remington wasn't sure her sister having a gun would be a good idea. She sometimes tended toward impulsive behavior. Tonight might be an exception, though, if that noise continued.

"Hey, Remi, go back to the living room and get that poker from the fireplace set."

Remington crawled hurriedly to the living room, grabbed the poker, and returned, holding it out to her older sister. She felt silly, a high school senior crawling around like this.

"I'm going to crawl to the back door and look out," a not-so-confident-sounding Kerianne said.

"Don't open it."

"I won't. I'm gonna look out the window over the sink so I can see if anyone is at the door."

Anyone. Anyone means a person. Remington could feel herself trembling. Why had Mom and Dad left on a night like this? she wondered. She watched her sister crawl to the door, then stand slowly to the side so she couldn't be seen. She carefully leaned forward and peered out the window.

There was a loud crashing noise, Kerianne screamed, and the poker swung freely, filling the room with the sound of shattering glass.

Remington scrambled to avoid the shards flying in her direction.

"Holy shit!" her sister said, looking out the shattered window one more time.

"What was it?" Remington asked front behind the kitchen island where she'd retreated.

"A damn raccoon on the bird feeder that Dad mounted on the window. He looked right at me before he jumped." Kerianne's voice was trembling as she spoke.

"Is it gone?"

"It took off, so you can come out of hiding."

"I was ready if you needed me," Remington said and began to giggle.

"Don't you laugh at me, you little twerp. I was protecting you."

"Explain that to Dad when he sees the window."

"You'd better back me up, Remi."

"No worries, although maybe if you'd just tapped on the window with one of those dainty fingers of yours, he'd have run away.

Kerianne started toward her sister, the poker above her head. Before she got there, they were both laughing so hard they could barely talk.

"You probably broke the bird feeder, too, didn't you?"

"You can check if you want to. I'm not going out there."

"Well, we probably ought to clean up the glass before they get home. They'll be mad enough as it is."

"You're always so sensible," Kerianne said, smiling at her younger sibling. "Good idea, though. I'll clean up in here, and you can get the outside."

Remi didn't move.

"You think I'm going out there in the dark with that vicious animal hanging around and get down in the grass and search for pieces of glass?" Kerii was still hanging onto the poker.

"I'm surprised you didn't pee yourself; you were so scared," Remington sneered.

"I wasn't hiding behind the island, though."

"That was after you broke the window."

"Let's get this cleaned up before the grim reaper passes by...or Mom and Dad come home. I'm not sure which of those choices would be the worst."

The broom, brush, and dustpan were put to good use, along with a final touchup from the vacuum sweeper, and the kitchen looked presentable again, except, of course, for the jagged hole in the window. Outside was still being ignored.

They didn't have long to wait.

"I think I hear the 'rents," Remi said, heading for the front door.

"Well, I'm not used to being greeted like this," Mom said as she stepped inside. "There has to be a story that goes with you standing at the door to greet us."

"But we have a good explanation," Keri said, her voice not sounding reassuring in the least.

"If an explanation is needed, something isn't right, and two daughters are working to avoid blame." Dad had come inside too.

They led their parents to the kitchen, where the problem was readily apparent.

"I can't wait to hear the explanation for this," Dad said as he peered through the jagged hole.

The girls took turns explaining what had happened to the two shaking heads.

"What's done is done," their father said, "but Remi, you should know better than to give your sister a weapon like that. We could be at the ER now instead of at home."

"She did threaten me once with it." Remi laughed, hoping to lighten things a bit.

"Dad, those beady little eyes were six inches from my face. I nearly wet myself."

"I told you. And that would have been another mess fo clean up," Remi chimed in.

Keri stuck her tongue out at her sister. "At least I was at the window checking, not hiding behind the island."

"I was ready if you needed me."

"I hope my bird feeder isn't ruined," Mom said, looking at the broken window.

"I'll check." Dad was back in thirty seconds with the feeder, two of the suction cups attached to pieces of broken glass. "We can reattach it."

"You didn't see anything, did you, like an animal?" Remi ventured.

"Naw, but if I had, I'd have just yelled for Keri."

"The poker is back by the fireplace, so I couldn't have helped."

A piece of cardboard was taped over the broken window, and life returned to normal at the Armstrong abode.

≈≈≈

Four Years Later

Remi heard a tap on her bedroom door an instant before it opened, and Keri stepped inside. She'd stopped by the house after her work as a real estate agent.

"Are you going to the dance?"

"Since our aunt is sponsoring it, I don't think we have much choice," Remington answered, curling her nose.

"Lots of well-dressed and wealthy older people, nearly all of them married."

"You know it's okay to go places where you can't pick up guys."

"Remi, I don't pick up guys.

"My mistake. Where guys can pick you up."

Kerianne eyed her sister just a few seconds before jumping onto the bed, pinning her arms.

"Keri, don't," Remi squealed, knowing what was coming from her older, larger, and more aggressive sister. The merciless tickling began, Remi squirming while laughing nearly hysterically, Keri only relenting when Remi choked.

When she'd recovered, Remi glared at her sister. "Some night, I'm going to sneak into your house, tie you to your bed, and tickle you for a solid hour."

"That won't happen because you know I'll just get back at you and double."

Remi didn't argue because she knew Keri was right. If they weren't sisters, she knew that Keri would be considered a bully. Many times though, Keri had rescued her when she was in trouble, particularly in elementary school.

Keri continued the conversation. "Anyway, about the dance. Are you getting a new dress?"

"I don't think so. I'm sure my prom dress still fits."

"Remi, that thing is four years old, and you wore it last year."

"I know, but I got lots of compliments."

"People are polite, you know."

"You're so negative sometimes."

"Just being realistic. I'm getting a new one. You never know." She smiled at Remi.

"Now that you're selling real estate, you can buy what you want. I'm trying to save our parent's money."

"Tomorrow is a shopping day. The dance is Saturday, so I better get cracking." She jumped off the bed. "Sleep tight, sis. Love you."

"Love you too, Keri

≈≈≈

"Do you want to hit a little this evening, Chip?"

"I dunno, Eli. I'm a little whipped." Chip plopped into the soft cushions of the porch chair and exhaled.

"Man, I don't think that starting that business is good for you."

Chip laughed. "I started it three years ago, and I'm still alive."

"Barely. You need some relaxation. Let's go over to the courts for a half-hour; then, we can stop at the pool on the way home."

"Sounds simple, doesn't it? You're right, but you have to take it easy on me, okay?"

"I don't know how to take it easy; you know that."

"That's what I'm afraid of. Doing the work, and then the paperwork too, just wears me out."

"You need to hire a few more people to do the work so you can just do the books and dig up new customers."

"Well, every time I add someone, I have to spend seven or eight thousand dollars on a new mower too. Plus, finding people whose skills are varied enough for what we do isn't easy."

"It seems to be working out okay. You did buy this house."

"I can't complain about that. We are doing way better than I thought we might so quickly, and I am about to stop doing mowing and the handyman stuff myself."

"So you mean you're going to use that business degree...finally.?

Another laugh from Chip. "I got a business degree, and I started a business. Isn't that the way it's supposed to work?"

"We need to stop talking and get on to playing tennis."

They did just that, changing into tennis gear and tossing bathing suits in their duffles. Chip was surprised at how much better he felt when he was headed to the tennis courts.

He'd gotten his degree from a small university in Columbus, Capital University, and had played tennis for them. He and Eli were best friends, and both had played in high school. But Eli had gone on to play for Ohio State, which consistently had one of the top-rated men's tennis teams in the country. So, when Chip asked Eli to take it easy on him, it wasn't an idle request. Eli had played number one singles in high school, while Chip was number three. The gap between their playing had widened drastically throughout the college years, but they still enjoyed getting together and just hitting back and forth while they talked, Eli constantly giving Chip advice on improvinghis game.

After thirty minutes of playing, where they'd gathered a small group of onlookers, they were sweaty and ready for the pool.

Lolling in chest-deep water just to cool off, Chip remembered something.

"Hey, you want to go that benefit dance with me again this year?"

"Um, no disrespect meant, but that wasn't the most exciting night of my life." Eli rolled his eyes as he answered.

"I suppose not, but it's for a good cause."

"Why don't I just give you fifty bucks? Oh shit, make it a hundred, and I'll skip the dance," Eli said with a chuckle.

"I'm sure they'd appreciate the money."

"You have some connection there, don't you?"

"Yeah, I was in a couple of classes with the daughter of the lady that's in charge of the shelter, and we had a couple of dates. The dating didn't work out, but I did get interested in the place, and I've kind of helped support it. So, I go to the dance too."

"When we get out of the pool, remind me because I think I have the cash with me. I'll just give it to you now."

"That'll work."

Since each had driven, Chip headed home after the short time at the pool, anxious to complete his bookwork for the day. All his life, he'd heard people complain about having to pay to get their lawns mowed and then being dissatisfied with the job when it was complete. He'd decided that might be a good business to get into, and doing as near a perfect job as possible would win him customers. That would be good for summer, but he needed something for the winter. Before his untimely death, his father had a complete workshop, and Chip had learned how to make and repair things. Being a handyman might fill his wintertime business needs.

He'd lived with his mother for the first two years after college, cutting his expenses and allowing him to grow the business. He'd done well, and with careful advertising and an even more careful work ethic, the business had grown, and he'd expanded, hiring more help, but only those who were willing to adhere to his goal of only the highest quality work.

Chip's cell phone buzzed.

"Hi, Sara. I bet you're calling about the dance."

"Mom assigned me to check with you to make sure you're going to be at the dance."

"Sure am, Sara."

"Oh, good. She may call on you to say a few words."

"Say a few words?" That wasn't something Chip was used to doing.

"No more than a minute," Sara assured him.

"How come?"

"Mom wants four or five people to tell why they support the shelter. The TV people will be there, and the publicity should help out."

"I don't know."

"Chip, I was in classes with you and heard you answer questions, and I read some of your papers. One minute will be a breeze."

"I guess I can do that."

"Thanks so much, Chip. I'll tell Mom. Oh, and how are you doing?"

"Good. Tired all the time, but the business is growing and keeping me busy."

"That's great. Save one dance for me, okay?"

"Sure thing, Sara. Take care now."

"You too. Bye, bye."

Chip and Sara had had two dates, so there hadn't really been a breakup. They'd been friends before and were still friends after. He'd enjoy a dance with her.

≈≈≈

It was time to dress, and Kerianne and Remington were ready, Keri with her new red dress and Remi with her four-year-old prom dress. The gala was not formal, so the outfits could be worn for other dressy occasions.

Keri had come to her sister's house so they could help each other dress and, well, look good. It wasn't that important for Remi, but looking good was always primary for Keri.

They showered and then helped with each other's hair. Each would do their own makeup.

Keri went to her room, doffed her robe, and checked herself in the mirror, smiling as she always did. She was tall at five-foot-ten, long blond hair with the accompanying pale blue eyes, and a figure that would make a few Playboy bunnies envious. She turned her back toward the mirror and, looking over her shoulder, slapped her butt.

"Shit," she murmured. "Need to lose three or four pounds before my next date." She trusted the visual reference more than the scales.

She enhanced her creamy complexion by tanning regularly, thus negating the need for hosiery which she hated. Still smiling, the lacy red bikini panties were carefully pulled up and located. Keri liked the look of a thong but found it occasionally uncomfortable. The red bra was next. It covered her...barely... and lifted just enough to provide an interesting cleavage. She debated about using a couple of Kleenex to create a little more jiggly flesh but decided it might give the older men heart problems.

The dress was next. She lifted it over her head and began wiggling to work it to where it belonged, finally smoothing it over her hips. The mirror told her she looked good--hot, to be exact. A pair of red heels that jacked her up to over six feet tall, and she was ready, but not sure what she was ready for. Being ogled by married men, she guessed. She decided to check on her sister.

"You about ready?" she asked as she came through Remi's bedroom door.

"Keri, if you bend over, those things will fall right out and bounce on the floor.."

She ran to Remi's mirror. "It's not that bad, is it?"

"Do you have Klennix shoved in there?"

"Nooo, I don't have anything shoved in there, just my boobs squeezed into this dress."

"And I guess the way they look is a surprise to you?" Remi was shaking her head in disbelief.

"I guess I forgot how I looked."

"You just bought it two days ago. I hope you're not that forgetful."

"I came in here to check on you, not to talk about me." Keri tried to look disgusted, but it wasn't very effective.

"Well, I was able to get it on," Remi said, stepping in front of the mirror. I guess I've gained three or four pounds since high school. I wish I'd tried it on earlier. I don't know what to do."

"Are you kidding?" Keri stepped from one side of her sister to the other. "You look fantastic. And you have a figure," she added with a giggle. "And that dress makes sure it's visible to everyone."

"Guh. I wasn't planning to show my figure tonight." Or any other night if she really admitted it.

Remi was four inches shorter and slightly less curvaceous than her older sister. It was difficult to find fault with her figure, though. Plus, her dark hair, dark eyes, and pale skin set her apart from her sibling. The emerald green dress seemed to shimmer in the bedroom light, and Remi hoped it would at the dance as well. As that thought surfaced, she wondered where it had come from. It wasn't like her to want to, well...she inhaled, compete with her sister. Perhaps it was the way she looked in the dress. She knew she'd never looked quite like this before.

Surprised at her feelings, she looked at her sister again. 'Well, at least I'm not hanging out.

"Do I need to tickle you again?"

"No, at least not until we get home,"

"Ha! You know I'll be too drunk to do it then."

"You're not dealing with a rookie, you know," Remi replied. "And before we get into anything else, let's head to the dance."

"We can use my car, but you'll drive." That choice was obvious from past experience.

A cute wrap for each, and they were off.

≈≈≈

"Aunt Brenda, this is really nice. It had to cost a lot to set this up."

"It did, but I have a sugar daddy."

Two surprised expressions.

"Not really," Aunt Brenda laughed. "I have a man-friend who I've gone out with a couple of times, and he gives me the money to do these things. For the shelter," she added.

"Sounds as if he'd like to be your sugar daddy," Keri teased.

"He's just a nice and very generous man. Don't start any rumors, you two".

Brenda laughed.

"Too late. I've already sent two texts to your friends."

"Can't you control your sister, Remington?"

"She's too old and too big. I've given up."

Three laughs this time.

"We should have about two hundred people tonight. You two are welcome to sit at my table."

"Can he sit with us, too?" Keri asked, pointing across the room.

Aunt Brenda followed her finger. "Oh, Chip Cook," she answered, smiling. "He is a good-looking guy, isn't he?" Brenda looked at Keri and could instantly see that she was serious. "I'll check," she said, winking at both her nieces.

When she returned, she had company.

"I've invited Chip to join us. These are two of my nieces, Kerianne and Remington Armstrong. Ladies, meet Chip Cook."

Greetings were exchanged with handshakes, Keri careful to end up standing next to Chip.

Remi watched dejectedly, knowing she was helpless when Remi set her mind to sinking her hooks into a man. It seemed to be the one thing that could cause them to argue and fight, and it had happened twice in the past. One wasn't serious--Remi was a college freshman, and the man was twenty-eight. Keri was "kind" enough to let him know how young Remi was, then had a few dates with him herself. In the second case, both of them had dates with a college senior until Remi finally gave up, unable to compete with the big, buxom, and vivacious blonde.

PickFiction
PickFiction
1,431 Followers