A Mate to Howl For Ch. 04

Story Info
Rescued and a Mate?
6.3k words
4.76
10.7k
14
0

Part 4 of the 16 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 02/11/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There is no sex in this chapter since it deals with a minor and her rescue as well the history of who these young adults are.

Please vote and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them.

Anonymous- Finally, what happened to Marley. Thank you for your patience.

~~~~~

Seventeen year old Marley Thornton was sitting in the small kitchen area of the hotel. She had her homework on the table and was trying to figure out a chemistry problem. Although her family worked, they insisted she finish school via online courses. Her twin brother Tomas James otherwise known as TJ was doing the same school assignments after work. Marley, now frustrated, stood blowing out a breath of air. There was no way she was going to figure out 'How many moles of glucose present in 320 mL of 5.0 M of glucose solution,' at that moment. So she decided to go get some snacks.

The hotel was a quarter mile from a corner gas station. Her brothers and cousins had told her to not leave the room in the evening, but she often grabbed food mid afternoon for all of them. Today it was a quart of Milo's sweet tea, a half of Hunts Brothers gas station pizza, as well as a bag of mixed chocolates. She wanted to get a bag of chips but William promised they could go to the local Wally World aka Walmart when they got home.

The tall Hispanic teenager was finishing off her pizza chunk when she scented them. Five wolves, four male and one female. She had scented the males before. They had arrived two days ago but then their scent went stale. Miguel had wanted to change hotels but William paid by the month and decided they would remain and Marley would hide inside. William told the family that he would rent a house since the road job would last another ten months as they expanded the roads leading to Albany, Georgia.

"Shit," she mumbled as she quickly headed to the stairwell closest to their room. She was fumbling with the keycard, urging it to turn green when she noticed the man at the other end of the concrete walk watching her. The more she fought the lock, the more the angry red light blinked. Just when she thought she was going to crush the handle the light blinked green and the door opened. She almost panicked when her trembling fingers placed the hook over the bolt. With her forehead on the door, she listened as the wolf outside paused.

The sudden knock stopped her heart. Backing away silently, she gripped the aluminum baseball bat that Hunter insisted they kept at the door. She moved to the side where concrete divided the door from the window. It was the best defensive position if he tried to come in.

"I know you're in there. And I can tell you are scared. I mean you no harm. I wanted to check on you. It's not safe to be alone. Why don't you open the door so we can talk?" Samuel said, listening to her moving behind the door. He could feel his jeans already tightening. There was nothing better than the scent of fear to get him hard.

Marley reached into her back pocket and pulled her cellphone out. After putting in the passcode, she texted the group chat that included her brothers and cousins. She moved to the far side of the window and used the camera to take a picture of the man at the door. Jacob had told her if she was in trouble to at least get them a face to hunt.

[[Group Text]]

I think I'm in trouble. He knows I am alone and is at the door.

She sent the image and replaced the phone in her pocket, gripped the handle on the bat again, and didn't say a word. She stood in the 'safe' spot again and waited.

"Just open the door," Samuel said a little more forcefully. He was letting his dominance out. He was a Beta and figured the girl was an untrained Omega at best, and as such she was his to do with as he wanted. When she didn't open the door he slammed his fist into it and started to force the handle. The metal loosened under his grip but the door wouldn't budge. He used his weight and shouldered the door three times before the screws holding the slide bolt in place gave. The door now was cracked two inches and on the next blow opened.

Marley swung the bat as the man came to rest on the door. She had the element of surprise and the bat found the underside of his chin, snapping his head up and back. The downward motion of the bat caught him again, this time on his forehead. She didn't hesitate and jabbed his right side, hearing bone break.

Samuel fell to his knees. "You BITCH!" He growled and as blood poured over his left eye, half blinding him. He reached out trying to grab at her ankle. But instead was greeted by the bat once more as it collided with his wrist.

Marley had been doing drills with her family for years, and it was simple muscle memory that steadied her. After the fourth blow, she stepped away, hoping to use the diversion to get him out of the doorway. She watched as he laid on the carpet, blood pouring from the head wound. She took that moment, planted the bay on the floor and tried pole vaulting over the heap of flesh. She nearly made it when a hand reached up and caught her by her long hair, sending her crashing into the doorframe.

Samuel growled through the pain and caught the teenager midair. He kept her hair fisted as he rolled. His head and side was throbbing with pain and his breathing was labored. "I'm looking forward to breaking you." He groaned, pushing his body forward. In one fluid motion, he tossed Marley on the bed. His hand went to his belt buckle before he crumpled to the floor in shock.

Dylan was halfway up the stairs when he caught a scent that pulled his wolf forward."Mate. Mate. Mate is here." A sudden urgency met with an adrenaline rush sent Dylan sprinting towards the room. He leaped on the back of the man, sending both careening forward and ended with finality against the mini fridge.

Samuel rolled away and bolted out the door. He jumped over the rail and joined his pack members who were bloodied and running from another man.

"Marley, we don't have time to explain, TJ told us you were here. I need you to come with me, now." Dylan's wolf wanted to grab her and hold her, but he also understood this was not the time.

Marley stood slowly as the scent of the man before her flooded her brain. Her wolf was also forward."Mate!" She was trying to understand the words that seemed spoken in slow forward. When reality sped up, and her brain deciphered the intent, she nodded. It took only a moment to grab her bag. Which was always packed in case of emergency and took his hand.

Dylan pulled his cell phone from his pocket and called Oscar requesting a clean up at the hotel. He sniffed the air and smelt blood and wolves. Holding on to Marley's hand, he pulled her from the room as he chased after Aaron: who was chasing after the men, all of them heading towards Cullen.

... The wolf leaped on Arthur's back, trying to get his mouth around Arthur's neck. Ivory screamed as she fell on the grass. Heavy paws landed on her back and tore flesh from her thighs as the two wolves battled over her. A second wolf gripped her arm and pulled her body from under them. She watched as the larger of the two snapped his massive jaws around the hind leg of Arthur, snapping the bones. Three new wolves came charging and Cullen was forced to stop his attack and protect Ivory. One of them had tackled Dominic to the ground and tore a chunk of flesh from his thigh. They snapped and growled until Arthur was on his paws and the trio led him away.

Cullen used his claw to slice through the rope that held Ivovy's arms. He nudged her to stand as he went to Dominic who was bleeding pretty hard. She watched as blood sprayed into the air. Ivory pushed Cullen out of the way and reached into the wound, sticking her finger into the artery to stop the blood.

"We don't have much time." She said as three more wolves appeared. She knew Aaron and Dylan but not the she-wolf. She noticed a backpack in the she-wolf's mouth. "Do you have a belt?"

Marley nodded and rummaged through the bag, producing a heavy leather belt. Ivory placed it on Dominic's leg, and tightened it. "It will be easy if you shift. On the count of three shift, and I will pull my hand free." When the wolf nodded she began her count. She pulled her finger out and tugged the belt, handing it to Aaron who was much stronger.

Aaron carried Dominic back to the field. Dylan recovered the SUV and they loaded the injured wolf in the back. With Dylan driving and Marley helping Aaron they headed back to the den. ...

~~~

As Aaron laid Dominic on the seat, Marley climbed in and Aaron placed her hand over the hole in his leg. He had her holding pressure over the world as he held the tourniquet. Her hands were shaking as she noticed the white t-shirt turned crimson.

"You are doing good." Aaron reassured her. He turned his attention to Dylan. "Damian has been alerted and will be waiting for us at the main house."

"Eight minutes out," Dylan said as he drove around traffic. This area of Lee County had little traffic at this time of day. Tractors and law enforcement were the normal mid afternoon draw. The prison was just a few miles from pack lands.

Dominic had passed out from blood loss and pain by the time they got to the dirt road that led to the den. "Shit!" Aaron growled. He moved his fingers to his neck and felt a weak pulse. He laid the man on his back, half standing in the backseat and leaned to his chest listening close. "Shit. Shit. Shit." His eyes glazed over as he spoke to Damian.

Less than two minutes later the pack doctor was at the door of the truck, placing Dominic on a gurney and wished him away. Marley sat in the backseat as Dominic was taken inside. She looked at her trembling blood coated hands and then to Dylan. "That just happened," she said in a quiet voice. There was confusion etched over her face as she turned to exit the truck.

Her shoulder length black hair fell across her face as she forced her body to move. Before she could set her foot on the ground, Dylan was there offering her his hand. She was hesitant to accept it. Her wolf was assuring her they could trust him, but her human side was scarred after what she had just seen. Her family had kept her away from other wolves since that day twelve years ago.

"I will never hurt you." Dylan assured her. "You are my mate, and I love you." He added. His dark brown eyes held the truth. Dylan did love her, he accepted Luna's design and this young woman was fated to be his.

"My wolf agrees, but I don't know you and," her words were silenced when her name.

"Marley," TJ called out as he and the rest of their family came running and hugged her close. TJ had seen Aaron carrying the other man and caught her scent. He linked to the rest of the group she was there. "You're safe! Oh my goodness! You are covered in blood!"

"What the hell happened! We got your text." William separated the cousins and looked her over. His hand moved along her shoulder and down her arm. A sudden growl caught all of their attention as Dylan pulled Marley from her family and held her behind him.

The men and women surrounding the group gave pause and backed up a few feet. The boys took defensive stances and prepared to fight not understanding what was happening. Cullen walked slowly out of the den.

"Dylan, I need you to let me see your mate. These are her brothers and cousins and they are not here to harm her or take her away." He said in a calming voice.

Dylan growled again. But it was Marley who calmed him. She placed her hand on his shoulder, leaning her body to his back, and whispered to him. "It's okay, my mate. Let me introduce you to my family, our family." Her wolf made it clear that he was theirs and they would be mated soon enough. She reminded her they would be eighteen next month.

"William Cortez, my cousin and his brother Michael. Hunter Lewis and his brother Miguel are my cousins. Jacob is my brother and TJ is my twin. This is my mate Dylan. We just met. He saved me." She leaned so she could scent his neck.

"Mate? You are too young!" Michael protested. He took a step forward causing his brother William to stop him.

"You don't even know who he is."

"You are not mating anyone!"

"Get away from him!"

"Don't touch her!"

"Enough!" Cullen used the Alpha command on all of them. Every man and woman around him exposed their necks to him. "That is better. Why don't we go inside and let Marley and Dylan clean up. We can all sit down in my office after and talk." He noticed Fern on the top step. "Fern can you escort Marley to the woman's shower, remain with her so her family and mate know she is protected. I will have clothes sent there. When she is done, would you please bring her to my office?"

"Yes, Alpha." Fern said, extending her hand to the young woman.

Marley scented Dylan's neck allowing him to do the same, before she took Ferns hand and walked inside, looking over her shoulder one last time.

~~~

Fern escorted Marley to the office, the door was open and all of her brothers were sitting on couches and chairs. Dylan was sitting in front of the desk across from Cullen. "Thank you, Fern. Could you please have the kitchen send snacks and drinks for everyone."

"Of course, Alpha." Fern said before shutting the door. While she could have sent a message over the pack link, she preferred talking to the kitchen staff.

"Well this was most unexpected. First let me start with congratulations." He said to Dylan and Marley as she walked to the chair next to Dylan. "Finding your mate so young is remarkable. I understand you are not of age though. According to the Alpha Council at seventeen, you may hold hands, sit on his lap and kiss. You can not be alone with each other in a closed room. You are not allowed to have sex. You may mark each other if you wish. Also you may not sleep in the same room unless it's with others. Do the two of you understand this?"

"Yes, Alpha." Dylan said, looking at his mate.

"Yes and no, Alpha. I'm a little confused. My wolf tells me he is mine, but I don't know who he is. And honestly I don't know who you are or where I am. And if I'm his mate what happens now? Do I just become his property to pup up and have no say?" Marley asked with a bitter look in her eyes.

"I would never hurt you or demand anything of you," Dylan said.

Cullen held his hand up to silence Dylan and the growls coming from her family. "It's my understanding you were not raised in a normal pack and have not had proper education. I will have Carla or the new Madam Alpha help you with what is being mated. Dylan until then, you are not to mark Marley. You both must come to me and get my permission."

"Yes, Alpha." They both said.

"I will leave that subject for now. That brings us to who you are, what pack you are with, and why you are leaving your sister and cousin unprotected. William as you are the oldest and claim to be their Alpha, you will speak for the family unless otherwise asked." Cullen said as the office door opened and Fern and another woman walked in carrying trays.

"Thank you Fern and Charlotte," Cullen said as they set the trays on the desk. "Everyone this is Beta Fern Montgomery and Omega Charlotte James. What is for dinner tonight Charlotte?"

She smiled. Cullen always spoke to the Omegas as though they were the most important people. This made her swell with pride. Not all packs treated omegas so well. "Ribs and pulled pork, my Alpha. Tom and Carol have been cooking all afternoon."

"Wonderful. I can't wait. Thank you ladies." He said. They pair quickly left. "William, please tell me how you ended up here."

William was a little nervous. While he assumed the role of Alpha, he was not a born Alpha. He took a deep breath and told their story.

~~~

Twelve years ago in Paradise, Texas.

"Dad, why are the twins coming?" Jacob asked his father as he put his pack in the truck.

"Because it's a family trip and they are family." Joseph Thornton said as he stacked two Yeti's on the back of the F-250. "Your Uncle David, Uncle Bill, and I are taking all of you camping so your moms can have the weekend alone."

His seven year old mind didn't want his baby brother and sister slowing them down. Neither of them had shifted yet and they couldn't run like the others. TJ and Marley were turning five in less than a week and this was their last trip as humans. "Fine! But I'm not carrying their packs if we run."

Joe laughed as another pickup truck pulled in. It was Bill Cortez and his boys William and Michael. William was the eldest boy at eight years old and Michael just turned six. A minute later David Lewis pulled in with his sons Hunter who was seven and Miguel who was six. Once all the trucks were loaded the uncles swapped kids and headed out north of town into a hilly area where they could camp. They had been using the area as a pack for over a hundred years to teach tracking and survival. They started all the kids at five once their wolves came forward. So this was an important trip for the family. All the cousins were close in age and family was important to the pack.

They had set up the tents and unpacked a camp stove. David was prepping the fire ring and Bill was setting up the camp table and chairs. The kids were putting the bedding in the tents and avoiding any other work. Joe was unlocking the rifle box when he first scented the air.

"Humans, about twenty of them with a group of cats." He sniffed again to get their location. They were still downwind so the group didn't know they were there. "Kids! Get in the truck! Now! CITRUS FRUIT!" He used the emergency code the pack had set up for imminent danger. The kids had their packs and were in the truck in less than a minute and had David driving off with them.

David drove back towards pack lands when he got the emergency message they were under attack. The Juarez Cartel and the bike gang The Silent Eyes were overrunning the pack. David knew it would be suicide to return. He linked Joe and Bill and told them he was taking the kids East towards Pike, Arkansas to the Davis Pack.

"Keep your heads down. William, you are tall enough, if something happens to me, you drive your brother and cousins to The Davis Pack, Alpha John Davis will know what to do." David said as he started feeling the pack links breaking. "I have a reloadable debit card in the dash, and another ten thousand in cash under the seat in the gun box." After the last Were War most packs started emergency protocols including money for relocation.

He winced feeling Alpha Gorge's bond snap followed by Madam Alpha Cindy's. His head was thumping and it took everything he had to keep driving. The kids started to cry and whimper as family bonds broke. David had to keep them focused. "All of you are the last of our family. William you must form a pack if anything happens to me. You must stay together until you can get to another pack. Say it!"

"Yes, Uncle David. I will keep all of us together." William had tears flowing down his cheeks as the headache and pain grew. His friends and parents and their friends and family were all dead, the pack bonds were broken.

"There is a gun in the lock box under the backseat. Use it if you have too, but only if there is no other choice." And that is when it happened. The last bond broke making the seven people in the truck the only survivors and temporary rogues.

David tried to give comfort to the kids as he drove towards Pike. An hour outside of Davis Pack lands, he called to let Alpha John know he was requesting help and that he had six kids under ten with him. He spoke to Jerry Richards, lead Beta for the pack. Jerry assured him that they were welcomed.

David felt something wasn't right. He had been taught to trust his gut. He left the kids in the truck five miles away, parked at a gas station. He ran the distance to the turn off and guard shack. Alpha John and Beta Jerry met him. David opened the family link to the kids. "I'm so glad to see you guys. It was a bloodbath. We had no warning."

12