All Comments on 'A Miracle For Marcy'

by DanielQSteele1

Sort by:
  • 158 Comments (Page 2)
StormKing33StormKing33almost 6 years ago
5* Unique, not the usual LW tired cliche story

Compassionate story. The Maitlands lost true love but Belker never lost his love even tho she was in a coma for 8 months. It says a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Damn dust in my eyes made it hard to read it all, thank you for sharing this.

calflashcalflashover 5 years ago
story

Great Christmas story. Too bad that bitch Debbie had to throw a curve in it . If she so much wanted Christmas Eve diner be about "US" why was she out at a social function that night? I can't believe any organization would hold an event on such an occasion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Almost

Just my opinion - but I think you are one of the better writers on this site.

But the title above expresses the reason for the 4 rather than 5 * rating.

Your stories are imaginative and captivating but all too frequently depressing. I'm guessing that’s how you see life and I confess that your view is probably closer to real life than I would like to believe. But, maybe because real life is indeed depressing, I prefer to read stories with a happy ending. Even this story stops short of granting Marcy a happy ending. Sure she gets a chance, but c'mon, it’s a Christmas story. Let her live to enjoy the rest of her life with her husband. Just my two cents. Thanks for your story.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Great story

First I've read from this author. I will go look at his other work. This was very good.

Rhinoman1951Rhinoman1951about 5 years ago
no miracle for Marcy

If Marcy were my wife, she would not have had a chance for her miracle if it depended on the Hunt money. As soon as I heard Deb's tirade on my being another stray Bill pitied, I would have quietly slipped out to my car and been long gone before they stopped arguing. I don't need or want pity or charity. I try to avoid any place I am not wanted. .... Excellent story, but I doubt Belkor would have stuck around, either.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Alone at Christmas

I've been alone at Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years and all of the other holidays and birthdays a long time ago thanks to an ex, glad he wasn't, it's a shitty place to be. I understand completely what he was feeling and thinking with the Glock on the bed. Very good story, thank you. Signed: BTW p.s. - 26thNC we meet again.

LeoDavisLeoDavisalmost 5 years ago
It pulled me in

A masterful story from a master story-teller.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
DQS 1, I hope that you still read the comments on your stories.

You are the best that ever produced stories on this site. I am sure that you are now being financially rewarded for your talent. I feel blessed to have been allowed to read your stories on this site. Thanks for at least briefly sharing that talent with me.

tazz317tazz317almost 5 years ago
THE ANGEL OF DEATH

still has cpntacts and perks to utilize. TK U MLJ LV NV

luedonluedonalmost 5 years ago
"And for those who care, there is no sex in this one but I think the story definitely falls into the Loving Wives category. " Author Comment

That's OK, DQS. It's the Loving Wives category, and there's no sex in most of the stories in LW these days.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
GREAT Story

Very nice transitions, great use of 'time shift", and an ending I didn't see coming

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Good story trials and tribulations of marriages and wishing for them

Yes there is a Santa Claus

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
That bitch

I suppose it's a tribute to DQS's writing that i still hate that bitch 7 years after i first read When we were married.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 4 years ago
@ Luedon

Lue ... Debbie Maitland has been boffing Doug for long enough to just give him a quick see-ya-later kiss (in front of Mom & Dad’s house) instead of a real tongue-tussle. Sexual satiation will do that for you. Her cell phone was off because of university policy ... how convenient!

Still a great Xmas story.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

it really needs a second chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A sweet one...

A wonderfull and sweet story.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Sad sad

Just reread this after When we were married, it's such a sad story but with a happy ending. Your tie ins can be a problem if you never tell anyone but I'm glad I am now making the effort. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Wow

Just wow. Excellent story. More stories like this should be on this site.

SunOceanSandSunOceanSandalmost 4 years ago

Excellent story...

5*s

SOS

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
At least

tell us if she made it.

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 3 years ago

Too many loose ends...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A great read, a positive story

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

Nice story, enjoyable reading and pointing out that all families have problems. Some people are kind and forgiving and others have cold hearts and no understanding.

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

Bill's wife was already cheating...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Wonderful piece of art. It reminds me that there are some good people out there. I was moved to tears. 5*

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

A truly great story. 2nd read for me and enjoyed it just as much this time as the first.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So, Maitland us good to him, and he repaid that by not telling about the wife kissing the driver? What a piece of shit!

MacHardyMacHardyalmost 3 years ago

Unexpected twist in the tale there! Liked it.

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
Decent

Decent story,would have liked to know if they saved his wife.

secretsalsecretsalalmost 3 years ago

Great Xmas story. Nice to experience a slice of life in the Maitland family before it went to total shit, even if the signs were already there. Although it's funny that the only way for a wife in a DQS story to avoid treating her husband with contempt is for her to be in a coma.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Author hasn't published anything in 10 years so we're unlikely to know if Marcy survived that is unless she and Belker appear in another story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Only 4 stars because.....

Liked the basic story but can't accept the idea a a thief being a hero when he openly admits he'll rob again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ok. Yet another cliff hanging tearjerker. Great writing...again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I know it has bee too long since DQS1 stopped submitting but I wonder how he could continue this story. If at some time soon Belker would ever stop for some coffee with Maitland and let him know what he saw when he stopped in for dinner and Debbie arrived with Doug. I wonder how DQS1 would weave that revelation into his When We Were Married series. Too bad we will never know.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

was the thief the the hunt's first husband?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Debbie Maitland…still a bitch

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 2 years ago

This is so very good. Gritty is one word which comes to mind.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

awesome!great writing. 5 stars .

SDN1955SDN1955almost 2 years ago

Jesus, that was an absolutely amazing story.

ErotFanErotFanalmost 2 years ago

A great WWWM companion story.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Read this one quite some time ago, it still brought a tear to my eye.

Just_GymJust_Gymover 1 year ago

I'm not crying, you're crying.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

another "tear jerker" like how many names from other stories you used in this one. YES to an Anon comment about Office and Marcy's surgery, recovery and Beilker telling Maitland about Debbie cheating and r confronting Doug

StubbyoneStubbyoneover 1 year ago

A wonderful Christmas story ! 5-😊😊😊😊😊

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

Very good, nice story really well put together

vk1970vk1970about 1 year ago

Bill deserves so much more than just another female narcissist with a pair of jolly boobs.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A not so great story with not so great characters, further hurt by being put in an inappropriate category. A failure on many levels.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrson11 months ago

So the anon from a month ago is bitter because someone put crushed glass in his urethra.

Ignore him, this was a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Wow. Forgot how crappy the Maitland's marriage was before she cheated on Bill with Doug. That WWWM storyline is like an ongoing Spiderman romance novel that just never ends. Bill takes cases as a prosecute to fight crime but then has this crazy back and forth thing with the narcissist Debbie, interspersed with short lived sometimes fiery but ultimately doomed or temporary relationships with other women, kind of like Peter Parker after the $%&!-storm that is Ome More Day. Mandy, Belker story was fine except no ending.

Just_WordsJust_Words8 months ago

Exquisite! 5***** all the way. Tremendously well written.

Lector78Lector787 months ago

Agridulce y algo dolorosa, aunque con final feliz, no pude evitar emocionarme..... quizás porque tengo conmigo alguien que también necesita un milagro.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt7 months ago

Great story! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Wow I keep forgetting how thoroughly bitchy and irritating Debbie is. I wrnt through a bunch of WWWM and saw no end in sight (felt like a solo xp and cash grinding on World of Warcraft at some point). Finally had to quit when Debbie just kept whipsawing and being ridiculous and whiny. Anyways story was good but when it came to Bill and Debbie arguing and the money coming from Gail (who is also a cold, self destructive bitch), meh started giving me indigestion.

H. JekyllH. Jekyll4 months ago

A sappy Christmas miracle story. Very well written, and I enjoyed it. I take it from other comments that's it's part of a series of sorts. Didn't know that. It stands alone well.

Texican1830Texican18304 months ago

Wish you were still on here. I bought Currency of Time on Amazon but haven’t seen anything else by you. Where should I be looking?

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman3 months ago

My 2nd reading. touching. Like how you use some of your other MC's into the story.

RePhilRePhilabout 2 months ago

You were the best

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous