A New Beginning Pt. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Incestgod
Incestgod
831 Followers

I looked around some while she put herself back together.

"I like this place. How much does he want for it?"

She just looked at me in amazement,

"How can you think about that after what we just experienced? Dear god, but I feel lucky to still be alive after that fucking you just gave me."

I just chuckled a bit.

"That wasn't much of nothing, m'am. I reckon I had a lot more than that to put into you."

"Oh my god, I couldn't handle any more than that!"

"Well, if you're gonna spread your legs for me, you better be ready to give back as good as you get. I'm a man that believes in a square deal all around. I gave you a little taste of what I'm offering, now I reckon it's your turn to show me what you got. "

I grinned and walked outside to look around. I figure over there to put a barn up, or garage, I think they called it, to work on trucks in. Gotta keep your equipment up. I'd find men that knew about such things. Got to hire the best you can find.

She came out in a huff and stood in front of me, hands on her hips, putting on her authoritarian hat, so to speak. It was obvious that she was accustomed to men just accepting the fact that she controlled everything in her realm.

"Another thing, that thing you did to me, with your tongue, nobody has ever did that to me before."

"OK, and I didn't see you fussing about it while I was doing it."

"I can't really say much about that since I've only ever been with my husband, and as I said before, he doesn't pay attention to me anymore."

I just nodded, my thoughts confirmed. Not that I had much experience in such matters, but I'm a quick study and have been learning as I went along.

"Well m'am, the point still stands. I showed you mine. Now we can just get on with business since you're not interested in showing me yours."

"What? What do you mean by that?"

"Just what I said. Nothing more or less."

"How the hell can I give you something like that in return when I've never done anything like that before?"

I was growing tired of this.

"Look, how much does the bank want for this place?"

She just huffed and went to the car, got in and sat there pouting.

I got in.

"Let's call it a day."

Without a word, she started it up and drove off. Arriving at the house, I got out and leaned back in.

"Thanks for showing me around. If you will, tell him I want the place and will come in tomorrow to do the deal."

She just looked at me and drove off.

I headed in, Elsie was cooking supper, so I grabbed a glass of tea, and sat on the deck. Mama was still out there with the baby.

Tommy and Sophie came out and Sophie climbed up on my lap. Tommy sat next to me.

"How'd it go over to the school house?"

Tommy spoke up,

"Aw, it was OK, I guess."

"Well, pay attention and get your learning. It's important to know such things in life. Most of it anyways."

I sat quiet a few minutes, thinking.

"Reckon I'll send for the dog, maybe one of the pups."

They lit up over that,

"Really? We're getting them back?"

"I suppose so."

"You think any more of them men will come around again?"

That got me. Right where I lived. Young'uns shouldn't have to worry about such things.

"No, son, I don't guess they will."

He nodded, either accepting my opinion or unsure how to respond.

I got up,

"Y'all come with me."

I led off to the beach, looking around at all the seashells and whatnot. All sorts of stuff washed up on the bank. Every time the kids found a shell, they'd jump and squeal with joy. They were gonna give them to their granny and mama.

I spotted something shining and picked it up. A gold bracelet. A pretty one with all sorts of designs on it. I'd never seen shapes like that before. Like it was some sort of writing or other. Studying it, I thought back. I'd looked at lots of books, magazines, and such that talked about the writing folks did that lived a long time ago. This looked a little like the marks them Egypt folks made. But, somehow it was different. It looked old. Really old. But I knew little about putting an age on something. I stuck it in my pocket.

We hunted around some more. An older woman was walking along, getting closer. When she reached us, she stopped and introduced herself. She was maybe 70, tall, well built. Her long gray hair braided. Her attractive face age lined. She studied me through dark green eyes that sparkled despite her years.

Holding out her hand,

"I'm Maribeth Fleming. I guess we're neighbors."

"Jacob Flannery, Mrs Fleming. It's a pleasure to meet you." Taking her warm hand in mine. There was an underlying strength in her grasp.

She held my grip a might longer, looking me in the eyes. It seemed she was studying me, trying to draw a conclusion of sorts.

Letting me go, she looked at the young'uns,

"Your children?"

"Yes m'am. Well, they're my woman's, Elsie's, but, yeah, I claim them as my own."

She looked at me again, her green eyes penetrating. Seeming to look right into you. Now, I'm as confident as they come, but something about this woman was a little unsettling. Not in a really bad way, mind you. But, her gaze spoke a lot of unspoken truths. Such as, a man better be on his toes in dealing with her.

"Commendable. It's a special man that will take another man's children under his care like that."

I just nodded. I didn't know what to say to that, so, I just kept my trap shut. In fact, I'd never even thought much on it. I just took on the job of caring for, and raising, them young'uns like they was my own. I didn't see how it required much in the way of thinking.

Remembering the bracelet, I pulled it out and held it out to her.

"What do you make of this?"

She looked at it briefly before accepting it. She held it up, studying it closely.

"My, but isn't this something! Did you just find it?"

"Yes m'am," I pointed behind me, "Right back yonder."

"You know, I've seen something like this before..."

Her voice trailed off. Then she spoke again,

"I'm a retired archaeologist. As was my husband. So, you just found this here?"

She handed it back when Elsie called out announcing supper.

"Tell you what, Mr. Flannery, if you get time, come by the house. I have a lot of my notes and research from my working days. We'll study it more in depth. If this is what I think it is, it's very important."

"Yes m'am, I'll do that. I've always had a curious nature. This could be interesting."

Her eyes locked onto mine again.

"Yes, it most certainly could."

She smiled again, reached out and touched my arm, then set off walking. The children and I went in for supper.

Pot roast and veggies, cornbread, and finished off with a custard pie. Mighty fine meal. Enough to make me go sit on the deck and stare off across the water. The salt air feeling good on my face.

My eyes were growing heavy.

Bed felt good and I slept like a log, waking as usual before the sun popped up. I made a glass of tea and sat on the deck thinking about the day. First, the bank, to seal the deal on the land. After that, to the lumber yard for fence pickets.

I listened to the waves rolling in. Enjoying the early morning breeze. Soon enough the sun peaked over the horizon. Shortly after that, I heard the rattle of a motor car out front.

I got up and went around to investigate. It was the Wilkerson boys, Larry and Jimmy. They were hopping out of the back of an older model Ford truck. Who I took to be their ma and pa got out.

He was a well put together looking man wearing overalls that looked to have seen better days. He was about my height and weight. Give or take a smidgen. 30 something maybe. Dark brown hair peeking out from under his hat.

She was along the same years, maybe. About 5'3" or so. Topping off about 120 pounds would be my guess. She had blondish hair. Long and braided. Small breasts and wide hips. A decent looking woman. Little on the homely side. Not that anybodies looks had much to do with anything important in my way of thinking. I'd always been a man to worry about somebody's way of thinking.

The boys ran up and Larry stuck out his hand and I took it. Jimmy just stood by, waiting.

His pa came up, holding out his hand. I took it,

"Jake Flannery."

"Mr Flannery, I'd be Jebidiah Wilkerson. Jeb will do." His hand was strong, calloused like mine, "This'll be the missus, Maybel."

I nodded to her.

"It's a pleasure." I turned to the house,"Won't you come in? I'll put on coffee."

I lead the way in, holding the door. Went to the kitchen. Elsie and mama were already there. I could smell coffee working. Elsie had the baby, mama was cooking eggs and bacon.

"Y'all light and sit." I gestured to the table.

Elsie and mama came around and introduced themselves. Mama got out cups and poured them coffee. Then got out the eggs and bacon and added a healthy portion more to the mix.

We had company. You fed them. That was the unwritten rule. If you left mama's table hungry, it was your own fault.

"Mr Flannery," Jeb broke the silence, " Why have you asked for us to come today?"

"Call me Jake. Well, sir, your boy allowed as you were looking for work. I'm starting a transport business. Thought maybe you'd be interested in working for me."

That got his attention, as well as his wife's. She had been talking quietly with Elsie and turned to look at me with interest when I spoke up.

"Well, Jake, I'll tell you what, I'd be eternally grateful for the chance. What exactly did you have in mind?"

"That's just it. I figured to feel you out, see what your about. I'll be running a batch of 1930 Kenworth's. I'm going today to make the deal on the land. So, you just tell me what you know and we'll go from there."

"OK, fair enough. When we got shut down, I was foreman over a bunch on a crew of millwrights. That was at a steel mill up in Pennsylvania. This depression has everybody on edge. We traveled around, hunting work. I found the odd job here and there. Day work that didn't pay anything, but it put a few beans in the pot while it lasted. The last of it was on a pea farm up in Arkansas. We saved enough to just make it here. It wasn't for the wife's sister taking us in, well. Then you paying the boys like you did. I just can't be thankful enough."

I nodded, understanding.

"Well, sir, I'll tell you, I made good back up at home in Rusk county. Due to circumstances, we wound up here. My partner up there could most likely use a man like you in the oil business. I'd have to warn you, though, there's trouble brewing up there. Not the kind I want for our young'uns. But, if you want a job with me, it's yours."

He stood up, stuck out his hand. I took it.

"Jake, you got yourself a hand."

"I'll pay ten dollars a day. Hows that strike you?"

"I couldn't ask for more and thankful. I know the boys have more to do to finish up what you hired them to do. May hap I can finish it up with them."

I nodded agreement.

Mama and Mabel sat the table and dished up the food. Elsie scolded the young'uns,

"Y'all eat up, time for school."

Maybel looked at her, then at her boys,

"Oh dear, I never thought of school."

She turned to her husband,

"We gotta get the boys and Millie enrolled."

I swallowed my last bite sopped up with a biscuit, washed down with tea.

She looked back at the boys.

"We have to get you and your sister some clothes and supplies, but you're going to get your schooling."

"But, ma, he hired us to do a job."

Jeb chided in,

"Just never you mind about that. I'll dig that patch of ground. Y'all eat up."

Elsie got up and went upstairs to change. When she got back, the kids were ready, so they took out.

Everybody else finished up and Maybel gathered dishes to wash. When that was done, she gathered the boys and ushered them out.

They got in the truck, and it wouldn't start.

She came back in, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Jeb, it quit. It finally quit."

"I know honey. I'll have a look at it this evening."

I didn't know anything about what went on inside one of the damn things. Nor where to even star fiddling around with one. But, I could help somehow.

"I have to go to town. If you want, I can ride you around to take care of your business."

She looked up at me, looking mighty forlorn.

"Could you? I'd be most thankful. I don't want to put you out none."

"It's no bother at all. I just gotta sign some papers, then I can take you wherever need be."

"Oh, thank you! We need to go get my daughter. She stayed home today."

I stood up,

"Well, if y'all are ready."

She got up and started bustling around.

"Boys, go climb in the truck."

She went to Jeb, kissed him on the cheek and headed out. He turned to me,

"I simply can't thank you enough. I'm afraid that truck is on its last leg. I may get a bit more out of it. With this job, hell, I might can get a new one someday soon. Where's the shovel? I'll get started."

I got him lined out, then went and got in the truck. The boys were in the back, Maybel was seated, her purse in lap. I took off. Pulling in the bank, I told her,

"This won't take long."

She just looked at me and smiled, a tear forming in her eye.

I looked away, unsure of anything else to say. I walked in, the day was starting off strong. People lined up at the teller cage. I looked over a Pat's office, Mrs Johnson, she was with a young couple. She spotted me. I smiled at her and waved. She nodded back at me and went back to business.

Well, OK then. If that's how it was.

I strode over to Mr Willoby's office. His secretary smiled up at me,

"Why, good morning, Mr Flannery! Mr Willoby is expecting you, please go on in."

"Thank you, m'am."

Then off I went. He walked around his desk, shaking my hand, then sitting back down. He slid a little stack of papers over to me. I read them over, remembering what JT said, let his lawyer look everything over. But he trusted this man, so, I reckoned I could, too.

"I don't see anything out of sorts here. How much you want for it?"

"How's an even five thousand strike you?"

I considered that a bargain.

"I'll take it."

He filled in the amount on the papers, we both signed them. He gave me my copies.

"We'll get the deed filed for you today. Well, Mr Flannery, I have high hopes for you here in our community. We need fine young men like yourself building things. So, anytime we can be of assistance, as I've said, never hesitate to let us know."

We shook hands and I headed out. I glanced at Pat's office as I passed by. She looked up, spotting me. She waved me in. I hesitantly went over.

"Close the door." She said as I came in.

I sat down waiting as she finished arranging some papers. Finishing, she looked up at me, looking mighty fetching. Hair done up, wavy on top and curling down the sides. That red lipstick and make-up just setting it all off. I was remembering what it felt like to be inside her.

"Well, Mr Flannery, I hope your transaction with us was satisfactory?"

"Yes m'am, it most certainly was." I studied her a bit as she fiddled around with an ink pen, "Is that what you called me in here for?"

She leveled her gaze at me, but this time there was an uncertain look in her eyes.

"No, Jacob, it isn't. I've been thinking about yesterday. Until you finished with me, I thought I was a mature and experienced woman. But, you used me in a way that left me doubting everything I thought I knew about myself. I woke up this morning thinking about you. Wishing it was you laying there beside me instead of my husband. I was wet and aroused. In fact, I had to almost beg my husband to fuck me. After the couple of minutes, he finished. It did nothing to solve the burning in my loins you put there."

I just nodded, saying nothing. Like I said, I learned the art of horse trading from the best of 'em. I was gonna wait until she tipped her hand to see what she was after.

"Well?" She asked

"Well what?"

Exasperated, she leaned forward,

"What do you have to say about that?"

I shrugged,

"Pat, why don't you just tell me what it is you want instead of beating around the bush here."

Sighing, she laid it out,

"You. I want you."

"I see. What exactly does that mean?"

"I want more of what you gave me."

"OK. So, what are you proposing here?"

"If I need to spell it out, I'll give you pussy whenever you want it."

I stood up,

"OK, I'll keep that in mind."

Nodding, I left. I had folks waiting on me.

I couldn't figure what her angle was. She wasn't the kind I grew up around. I'm young in years, but my reckoning carried some weight back where I hailed from. Problem here was folks had different notions and such. Out in them river bottoms and thereabouts, folks dickered and traded for most of that needed to get by.

Oh, they'd put on a big show of it. Make out that they got the best deal, or the worst. But all said and done, folks came out pretty even. On the odd occasion when someone came out on the short end, the one that came up the most ahead would make it up to them later. Sometimes on the next tradin' or sometime in between. Taking the folks something they needed. Then forgetting to take payment or whatnot.

I'd done it many times. Make a dicker when they was hard up. Come out on top. Then be at the store, or on the job, and hear about how they needed such and such but short on cash or trade.

I'd buy it, or trade for it. Then take whatever it was and leave it on their doorstep.

But, these city folks beat all I'd ever seen. They just run around wanting this or that. Always in an all fired hurry about it.

Now here comes along this older married woman. Not at all happy with the situation at home. I reckoned her husband was making time with some other gal, leaving his wife to scratch her own itch.

I understood the sex game pretty well by now. Folks will go about getting it in whichever way suited them. I for one wasn't to judge nobody, seeing as how I've run my pecker up inside more than a couple of married women who came looking for it.

Was it the right thing to do? I suppose that depends on who you ask. Everybody has a different notion. You just make out the best you can with what you got, I reckon.

Anyway. I got in the truck and looked over at Maybel.

"Where to first? Go get your other young'un?"

"Yes, please. I certainly hope you know how much I appreciate this. What you're doing for my family. We were pretty much out of hope."

"Well, m'am, I'll say this. Your husband seems a solid man, and them boys are gonna make out to be good men. You're doing a fine job raising them, if I can speak out of turn."

She blushed, looking at me.

"Why, thank you, Mr Flannery. That's as fine a compliment as a mother could hope to hear."

"If you would, please call me Jacob, or Jake, as you will. That mister part just don't seem to suit me to my way of thinking."

"Of course, Jake, and I'll insist on you calling me May."

I looked over at her. She was looking at me with some level of speculation. I just smiled and went back to the business at hand.

"OK, where to, May?"

We pulled into her sister's place and she yelled out the window,

"Go get your sister!"

A minute later, we were on the way to the store.

Inside, they each chose the clothing they needed for school. I headed over,

"Pick out some others, for occasion."

We gathered up the supplies they'd need.

I looked at May's threadbare dress.

"Let's get you outfitted, too"

"Oh Jake, no, that's too much, I..."

"I insist. If you don't pick it all out, I'll have to. Just get what you and your husband need. You'll need dresses and whatnots. I'm sure he'll need clothing and boots. You know his size?"

"Yes, but..."

"Then it's settled."

A little while later, we were loading up the truck. After we got back in, she leaned over a kissed my cheek, tears in her eyes.

Incestgod
Incestgod
831 Followers