A New Broom Sweeps Clean

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The assembled staff had listened to the Colonel's somewhat brief announcement in stunned silence. No one had ever heard of Dr. Andrew Waterlow, yet here he was, younger by far than even the youngest member of the present staff and in charge of everything and everybody, them included. A twenty-eight year old whippersnapper in charge of men twice his age; well that was a pill which was hard to swallow. But swallow it they had to!

Dr. Waterlow began: "Gentlemen, allow me to say that I appreciate that my sudden presence among you is a surprise and, I suspect, a shock to all of you. Not to mince words, Rigby School is in a bad way, gentlemen. Our academic standing had fallen so dramatically that we were longer able to fill all the first year entrance places we had on offer for the start of the present academic year; thus our first year classes are down in numbers. I am afraid that the demand is not there, for we appear to have become a sort of pariah among the smaller public schools. Clearly we cannot go on like this and I look to all for you to help me put our house in order again. I shall in the next few days have individual meetings with each of you. Meanwhile, I shall see all of you on the platform on January 6th at the first full assembly of pupils of the spring term, when I shall have some important announcements to make concerning the changes to the running of this school which I propose to implement immediately. Change is often difficult to accept, but changes are necessary and will be introduced; I feel sure that I shall be able to count on your support. Thank you, gentlemen, for your attention.|

And following the Colonel's example he then left.

Dr. Waterlow had done a great deal of work before the meeting described above. He had carried out a complete review of the way the school, had been run for the past five years and had come to the conclusion that the problem was only partially due to the poor quality of the teaching. But the the main problem was the fact that under the previous Headmaster, the boys had been allowed to do, more or less what they liked. There were no longer any internal monthly tests to monitor the boys' progress; boys were allowed to miss classes for the flimsiest of reasons. Boys were allowed a freedom of dress which took away the identity of the school; Rigby had an official dress for its pupils, but in the interest of allowing the boys "to find their own way in their own time", Dr. Baldwin had allowed the boys to dress as they saw fit; ties were not tied or even not worn: short sleeved shirts were worn with no jackets; caps were abandoned: shoes were not cleaned; socks were not pulled up; gym and games had become optional and competitive games among the houses had been completely abandoned. All in all, the school and its pupils were a sloppy mess.

At the teaching level, Dr. Waterlow was appalled to discover that all sense of decorum had, in fact, been thrown to the winds: few, if any, of the teaching staff wore gowns in front of their classes and some of the masters appeared in casual clothes before their pupils, often tieless and sometimes smoking in front of the boys they purported to be teaching. But finally, and this seemed to Waterlow to be the crucial point, there were no sanctions of any kind which could be brought to bear on the boys. There were no detentions, no deprivation of liberties and privileges and corporal punishment had been totally banned by Mr Baldwin as a barbaric practice. All this was now to be changed.

Dr. Waterlow, wearing cap and gown, walked onto the stage at the first school assembly of the spring term; all the teaching staff was already there, awaiting his arrival. As was then the custom in English public schools, the majority of which were essentially protestant, the assembly was centred on a hymn, a prayer and a text for the day, taken from the Bible. The Headmaster then made any announcements for the day.

As Dr. Waterlow appeared, a buzz went through the assembled boys, who had only just heard that they had a new Headmaster. Dr. Waterlow looked behind himself and noticed that only a few members of his staff were, correctly dressed and only four teachers were wearing a gown. He stepped to the lectern, put his mortar board on the desk and said, "Good morning boys. I am your new Headmaster. My name is Andrew Waterlow: Doctor Andrew Waterlow. After prayers this morning I shall have many things to say to you, as a result of which the first class this morning for all boys is cancelled."

The boys were all agog with the announcement of a new Headmaster and many of the senior boys, who were in the upper sixth form and were young men themselves, were astounded by the youth of their new mentor: Dr. Waterlow was an athletic- looking youthful man, who at first sight appeared hardly older than the final year pupils.

"Well, boys, I have to tell you that the rule-free ambience under which this school had been run for the past five years has come to an end; and that end is today: right now! I have never in my life seen such a badly turned out set of public school boys than I find myself looking at today. Gentlemen, your appearances are a disgrace to this school, a disgrace to the town in which we are located and a disgrace to yourselves, that you have allowed yourselves to adopt and accept such slovenly appearances. A public school education is a privilege granted to but few boys and is aimed at turning out young men who will be gentlemen in every sense of the word and a credit not only to their school, but to their king and and country, into whose service many of them have traditionally entered. Looking at you boys today, I am sorry to say that I see none of this in you. However, it is my job to pull this school up from the depths into which it has sunk over the past five years, by its boot straps, which is precisely what I intend to do. And so, starting today, things at Rigby are going to change: to change dramatically."

"Now, as a start you will all wear the approved school uniform every day from now on, You will all wear a clean shirt, clean socks and clean underwear every day and you will at all times wear a tie, correctly knotted. You will all shower every evening before retiring and every morning before dressing for the day. You will all clean your shoes every day and see that they shine brightly at assembly; I expect to be able to see m face in them. At least once a month, you will each have your hair cut in a short style, by at the school barber's shop which will be open every day. And you older boys in the upper sixth will start to shave, as I will not tolerate any facial hair on any boys of this school; and do not even think of trying to grow a moustache. So much for your appearances. You will all have one week as from today in which to make yourselves ship-shape and woe betide any boy who does not heed my warnings, for if you are found delinquent, you will be punished; that is not a threat boys, but a promise and a promise which will be kept. Do I make myself clear?"

The Headmaster paused for a moment and then said, "Your silence, boys, is deafening me! Do I make myself clear?"

There was a slight pause and then a ragged "Yes" with a vague "Sir", which sounded like an afterthought

"When I ask you if I have made myself clear, the correct response, from all of you is "Yes, Sir!" and I want to hear it loud and clear. It is quite obvious that your manners are as slipshod as your appearances. Therefore, please take note: when a master, any master, asks you a question and you answer, your answer always, and I repeat, always concludes with "Sir". So, once again let me ask you if I have made myself clear."

This time the boys, having realised that they were now dealing with a different kettle of fish than previously, replied with a resounding "Yes, Sir!"

"As of this term, games and physical training will be compulsory. I propose to instituted inter-house rivalry on the sports field where rugger and cricket will be re-introduced. For boys who have no aptitude for ball games, then cross-country running will provide the necessary exercise. There will be no slackers; all of you will be involved regularly in vigorous physical exercise."

"This school is located within walking distance of the town centre and it is important that all of you, when in town, conduct yourself with a sense of decorum appropriate to your class and to boys attending a public school. You will always wear the school uniform, even when the weather is hot and all of you will always wear your school cap, which you will raise to any adult you know and should happen to meet whilst in town. First and second form boys, will be allowed to go into town only on Saturday afternoons and for a maximum period of two hours. Older boys may go into town in their free time, but no boy and I mean no boy, whatever his age, is allowed to enter a public house. Smoking, both on and off the school premises is strictly forbidden. Any boy who breaks either of these rules will be severely punished."

"Now, most of you have spent your days at Rigby with no sanctions of any kind imposed upon you; you have been allowed more or less to do as you wished. In fact, you are a classic mass case of boys who were given an inch and have taken the proverbial mile. It will be clear from my earlier remarks that this idyllic situation has now come to an end. And therefore, to enforce what is henceforth to be a life regulated by rules and discipline, I propose to introduce certain sanctions, which will be brought to bear on any boy who oversteps the mark. As of one week from today, the cane and the birch will be re-introduced into regular use at Rigby. Now most of you will never have had the doubtful pleasure of being thrashed with either of these implements, but let me warn you here and now, that any boy, whatever his age, who oversteps the mark, is disobedient and is a miscreant, will be beaten. I particularly want to emphasise that all boys will qualify for corporal chastisement, as certain schools no longer cane of birch their sixth formers, considering them to be young gentlemen. I do not subscribe to this philosophy, so all of you have now been warned; the rod will not be spared on any boy who misbehaves. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, sir" rose loud and clear from the assembled boys.

"Now, none of your present masters has for the past five years had the opportunity to beat an errant boy, although I am sure that several of them would have liked to do so. Masters will issue punishment slips, which will be placed in a box outside my study. Each evening, boys who have been given a punishment slip will stand and await their fate outside my study, immediately after the last class. In addition, each of the four housemasters will be authorised to cane boys from their house. Make no mistake, any boy who is re handed a punishment slip, will be caned: there will be no discussions or pleas or mitigating circumstances; you will enter my study and leave with a very painful posterior. And woe betide any boy who does not appear promptly for punishment, for I shall have the pleasure of acquainting his posterior with the delights of the birch. "

"Finally, let me announce that I have decided to set up a Court of Prefects: senior boys, who will act almost as junior teachers and will have the right beat their younger classmates. There will be sixteen prefects in all, four from each house, one of whom will be named House Captain. Additionally, I will personally nominate a Head Boy so that the full complement of prefects will be sixteen in all. All boys will address any prefect by his surname and proceeded by the title, Mr. and will defer to him in all conversations using the word, sir. Finally, let me be quite clear, the prefects will be the eyes and ears of the teaching staff when classes are finished for the day and they will have the absolute authority to maintain order among you. And that, I think, gentlemen, is all I have to say for the moment. You may regain your classes for the second period of this morning."

As the Headmaster stepped down from the dais, a wave of whispering rose from the assembled boys, above which a lone voice, tinged with sarcasm and incredulity, said, "Are you serious?"

There was a sudden hush and the hall fell into deep silence: you could have heard that proverbial pin drop. Dr. Waterlow stopped and turned and said, "Step forward the boy who just said that; quick about it now, as I will know who spoke. Here was a long pause and finally a senior looking boy stepped forward.

"Whom do I have the pleasure of addressing?" asked Dr. Waterlow.

"Butterfield, Sir, upper sixth science."

"Well, Butterfield, just run along and wait for me outside my study and I will give you the opportunity to test the seriousness of my remarks today. I shall be there in five minutes so you will not have long to wait."

CHAPTER 6

Dr. Waterlow threw open the door of his study and indicated to Butterworth that he should enter. He, himself, went and sat behind his desk and left Butterworth standing in front of him, of him clearly very nervous.

"So, Butterworth, how old are you?"

"Eighteen, Sir."

"And why did you make the remark you did after my presentation before the school? Did you think that I was just talking a lot of hot air and had no intention of making the changes I outlined? Just look at yourself, boy; you are an utter disgrace; have you no pride in your appearance or self-respect? Just ask yourself what people think when they look at you. Well I can tell you what they see: they see a dirty looking, ill dressed, ill-kempt youth, who looks more like a down and out than a boy at what was once a prestigious public school. You, sir, are a prime example of what this school has become. You are a living proof of why change is necessary if we are to survive in the coming years."

"Sir, the previous Headmaster..."

"I do not want to hear about the previous Headmaster or what he said or thought or did. His wreckage, which I see all around me as I look about the school, speaks volumes of the damage he did. Frankly, the only good thing about him, as far as I can tell, is that he is now "previous" rather than "present". I am the present Headmaster, boy, and things will now be done my way. Is that clear?"

"Yes, sir. Sir, I am very, very sorry for what I said; I really didn't mean it: it just slipped out; and I have taken note that a week from today, the new rules will come into play and I really will obey them; really I will, sir. Sir, I really am sorry."

'Butterfield, I think in your case, I can make an exception about the rules and bring the date of commencement of the new regime forward to today. I see no reason for you to have to wait to "enjoy" the pleasures of the new system, so I propose to give you access to it now: right now, in fact! Look upon it as an early harvest of what you have just sown. You will be able to act as my ambassador, to your classmates, and tell them that indeed the new Headmaster is serious and you will be able to show them your arse to prove it. Step over to that chair, there, boy and bend across the back."

"Oh, please sir, you are not going to beat me, are you sir?"

"Indeed I am, Butterworth; indeed I am; so quick about it boy; over the chair and let me see your buttocks ready for punishment."|

Butterworth went over to the chair and with some reluctance bent across the back. His pants pulled tight across what was clearly a well formed muscular pair of buns.

"Stand up Butterworth. I just told you to show me your buttocks and what you have shown me is the seat of your trousers; drop your trousers and underpants and bend over the chair again boy."

"Oh, please, sir, you are not going to cane my bum bare, are you sir? Please sir, not that; it will hurt too much. And besides sir, I think it's indecent that you want me to take off my trousers in front of you."

"I will decide what is indecent, Butterworth. Let me tell you, boy, there is nothing at indecent about having your buttocks thrashed naked. I should have made it clear in my address, this morning, that, in this school, whenever the cane is used, it will always be administered to naked flesh."

"Oh please, sir, couldn't you make an exception just this once, sir. I really am sorry for what I said...."

"Butterworth, just stop bleating on and wasting your breath. I am going to beat you and I am going to apply the cane to your naked arse, boy, So just accept that that is what is about to happen and make the best of it; you are not the first boy, nor will you be the last to find himself facing a very painful interlude. As I said at the assembly this morning, these things are not negotiable."

The Headmaster went across to his oriental pot where he kept all his canes and withdrew his favourite: the one he had been given by his predecessor at his old school. He gave it a few swishes through the air and then turned his attention to Butterworth's muscular arse, which was just crying out to be flogged. The Headmaster looked upon the virgin territory which he was just about to violate with his cane and thought to himself that Butterworth had one of the most attractively beatable pair of buttocks he had ever seen. True, Butterworth merited a thrashing for his impudence, but Dr. Waterlow could, nevertheless, not suppress the inner, sadistic satisfaction that roasting the boy's backside would give him.

"I should just tell you, Butterworth, that you are in what might well be described as a privileged position; you are the first boy to be caned by me as Headmaster of this school and you are about to have a taste of my very favourite cane, which has probably made contact with more than six hundred backsides of what I will call, "lucky" boys over its thirty year life. So, you can be sure you are getting the absolute best that I can offer; you are not, in any way, being short changed out of what is your due! Now, boy, count each stroke as I administer it. I am giving you eighteen cuts in all as I want you to take a very clear message in the form of a very picturesque pair of buttocks back to your class mates. I want you to be able to say to them with some conviction, that the new Headmaster, does, in fact, mean what he says and look here lads: here is the proof."

And with that, Dr. Waterlow, who was a past master at the art of wielding the cane, gave poor Butterworth the hiding of his life. Butterworth tried in vain to hold his tears, but the pain was just so searingly intense that he was howling after the third stroke and by the time the beating was over, tears were flowing like a river.

"So, Butterworth, there you are. As you have now experienced firsthand that, I am, in fact, quite serious, shake my hand and thank me for correcting you and go and bear the glad tidings to your classmates. You have an excellent set of "battle scars" to flaunt before them. You will be the hero of the day, which may give you some small consolation for the caning you have just received!"

As the beating had progressed, Dr. Waterlow had become increasingly aware that he was getting harder and harder and that he would soon reach a sexual climax if he did not finish quickly and get rid of the boy. So, as soon as the door closed behind Butterworth, he turned the key in the lock, went into his bathroom and jerked himself into a quick orgasm; a climactic moment of sexual relief was accompanied by a huge quantity of thick, creamy cum.

Dr. Waterlow was certainly in peak sexual form, of that there was no doubt at all. This, his first beating in his new post, had suddenly brought home to him with a vengeance, the homoerotic nature of what he had just done. It is quite common for acts of punishment to be accompanied by homoerotic arousal; both the recipent and the giver frequently experience erections and emissions of sperm. But never had Dr. Waterlow had such an intense feeling as he had had today, which made him acutely aware of the need to find himself a sex partner to satisfy his sexual needs; this was the number one priority in his private life, as the sex urge just does not go away.