A New Life Pt. 06 - Finale

Story Info
Conclusion to this series.
2.9k words
4.66
2.9k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is part six of a story I posted a while back. I wanted to be done with it, but also wanted to not leave it hanging in the air. If you read the other parts, it makes more sense, than a standalone.

In the months that followed, I saw Dan at least once a week, but on my time. I could not give up that fabulous cock. He had asked me to move in with him, and a big part of me wanted to, but, I still had to pay off my debt to John, and being a "working girl" was the most lucrative way to do it.

I loved my job, pleasing men was second nature to me. On the days I was not with Dan, it seemed I could not get enough sex. Seeing, and feeling, the reaction I got from my dates kept me high and happy, and, making good money. I figured I'd only have to "work" for John 8 or 9 more months, and I'd be free to move on, should I choose. John had already started trying to offer me more money and perks, and, had it not for wanting a life with Dan, I'd have done it, probably. Dan had even offered to pay my debt to John, but I could not do that. He reluctantly understood.

I worked 4 days a week, now. One day was spent with Dan, and the next day was my recovery time. I was able to take him fully, but my muscles needed time, and I also shopped on that day. There were weeks that I'd get a special request and work the 5th day, but it was always my choice. Otherwise, the 5th day was a "me" day.

On one of my "me" days, I got a wild notion to go see my Mom, and, maybe my Dad. I arranged to meet Mom at a restaurant in the next town over, so there was little possibility of anyone she knew, seeing us. She actually seemed happy and relieved to see me, and we chatted like old friends, instead of Mom and son. She mentioned that Dad rarely asked about me, and I told her about seeing him at the bar, on my last trip. I told her I might confront Dad, just for my own peace of mind. She wasn't completely comfortable with the idea, but didn't ask me not to. Before we parted, I handed her an envelope, with a thousand dollars, so she would have her own money, for things she might want, but wouldn't ask Dad for.

I couldn't tell her of the nagging feeling I had about Dad's flirtatious looks in the bar. It kept circling in the back of my mind, though, and I was determined to find out if he was just a harmless flirt, or a cheater. I WAS going to find out, and, probably, show the new me, to my Dad, in the bargain. I drove to the closest motel, rented a room, went in, changed into a slinky purple dress, with a deep cut top, and just below my stocking tops hem, with 3" ankle strapped stiletto's. I checked my hair, and my makeup, and headed to the bar my dad hung out at. I walked in, hesitating at the door, to let my eyes adjust to the dim lighting, and got a seat at the bar. I ordered a margarita, and scanned the room. No surprise, there was Dad, at his usual table, with his buds, and, no surprise, the table buzzed in whispers, I assumed, for me.

I sipped my drink slowly, glancing up occasionally, to the television, showing the local news, with no volume. The juke box played non-stop, some good, some awful, songs. I was on my second drink, before there was a nudge on my shoulder. I turned slowly, and, sure enough, there was my Dad. I almost choked on my drink. Was I really doing this? You know it!

My Dad leaned in and in a low voice says, "Little Lady, me and the boys have a wager. I bet them that you came in here, JUST to see me. I remember you from a few months ago. Lookers like you don't come in that often." He grinned real big and said, "Go on, tell the boys I'm right... and then you and me can go find us a motel room. What do you think?"

I finished my drink, looked over to the table, and nodded yes, causing Dad to give out a big yell, and grab me around my waist. He was SO sure he was about to score. I stood up, got very close to his face (tip-toeing) and whispered, "Oh, Daddy, would you really fuck your son?" He tensed up, looking completely confused. Before he could fully realize it, I whispered, "That's right, DADDY, I'm Eric, or, I WAS!" I kissed his cheek, turned and walked out. I'll never forget the stunned look on his face. My heart was pounding in my chest. I DID it! He would have to take that in, AND wonder if I would tell Mom. It was perfect! (I also wondered what lie he would tell his friends, as I was certain he could not bear telling them who I was)

I was four or five steps out the door when Brad pulled up. He hurriedly opened his truck door, and yelled, "Wait! Melody, don't leave yet!" He rushed up, and told me he'd hoped I'd be back.

"Brad, I would love to stay longer, and explain things to you, but, maybe next time, ok? " I kissed his cheek, and got into my car, and pointed it to the highway. I smiled the whole way home, STILL trying to decide whether to tell Mom, or not. I figured, JUST MAYBE, Dad would be scared enough, that he'd straighten up. Who knows...

My life went on, the months passed quickly. Dan and I were seeing more of each other, and it was getting harder to leave him each time. The sex was unbelievable, but it was much more. He said he felt 20 years younger when I was around, and he SURE acted it. (to my pleasure) He asked if I thought I could give up my "professional" life, and settle down, and I have to admit, those thoughts occupied a lot of my time. We talked of traveling, and, even marriage.

9:15, Tuesday morning, I was meeting with John, concerning that evening's date, when my cell phone pinged. The caller ID said Metro Police Dept. John noticed the strange look on my face, and said, "take

that, it may be important." He watched as my face went white, and I dropped the phone. Tears streamed down, and I collapsed in the chair. He rushed around to grab me, and hold me to him. He picked up the phone, and listened as the officer explained that They had been called to Dan's house, and found him, in his bed, apparently dead from a heart attack. My number was on his contact list, on his phone. The next few days were a blur. John and Beth did as much as they could to console me, with little result. Other than the funeral, I didn't leave my room for a week, barely ate. I'd waited too late to leave this life, and go off to a dream life with Dan.

No one mentioned work, they understood what I was going through. John went through my phone, and contacted my Mom, and, completely surprising me, she came to see me. I stayed in her Hotel suite several days, and she helped me get back to some semblance of normal. She also told me that Dad had stopped going to the bar, was staying home with her, helping around the house, and even asked how I was, if I'd been in touch. So, I guess some good came out of that visit.

Dan's lawyer called, and said I needed to come to his office, for a reading of Dan's will. I didn't want to, but he insisted. As it turns out, Dan left a lot to various charities, but he left me his home, and five million dollars. I was reluctant to accept it, but the lawyer said if I didn't, the state would just take it. I was not in a state of mind to work, so I paid my debt to John, and promised him and Beth that we'd remain friends. After all, they made me Melody, and I'd forever be grateful for that.

I spent a couple of months, traveling across Europe, and reflecting on my life. I missed home, though, and returned. STILL trying to find that something that could fill the emptiness in me. On a lark, I phoned Mom, and asked if she thought it would be ok to visit her...and Dad. I could hear her draw in a breath, and then a long pause, but she answered, saying, "Let's try it. He really seems to have mellowed, and asking about how you are is a good sign." I hung up, and packed a couple of suitcases, planning on leaving the next morning. I Did call John, to let him know I was back from overseas, and was doing better. I promised to get together with him and Beth soon.

Mom sat down with Dad, asking if he would be ok with me visiting, and, by her account, he seemed comfortable with it, maybe even anxious. So, as a precaution, booked a motel room not far from my old home. I stopped by the motel, to freshen up, and try to settle my nerves. The walk from my car, to the door to Mom and Dad's house seemed twice as long as it should have, and I was clearly shaking. Confronting Dad in a bar, was one thing, but at home? On his ground? Clearly another. I rang the doorbell and waited, looking around to see if any neighbors might be out, even though I was sure no one would recognize me, if my own Dad didn't, they still might get curious as to who this young woman was.

I stepped back a step, as the door opened, there stood Dad. He looked me up and down, and, when I didn't move, said, "Hi..., Melody, won't you come in?" I'm not sure what I expected, but his greeting caught me off guard. I couldn't speak, so I just nodded, and stepped in. We both stood there, until he leaned in, hugged me, and whispered, "I'm so sorry, Son, uh, Melody. I wasn't much of a Dad, to be so hard on you. C-can we, um, NOT mention the bar, to your Mother? I'm really sorry about that, but you helped me see how wrong I've been, these last few years.... about everything."

Tears rolled down my cheeks and I hugged him back, and Mom stepped up and hugged us both, crying, too. I felt like I'd been dropped in a Hallmark movie, where the girl gets the guy, and all is right with the world. Dad complemented me on how pretty I was, and how he had the daughter he always wanted. Mom and I both kissed him for that. I didn't leave the house for two days, and, thankfully, neither Mom or Dad asked much about what I'd been doing. I did tell Dad that the man I had planned to marry, died, and that he left me a large sum, and I wouldn't have to work, if I didn't want to. (I wasn't sure if Mom had told him)They promised to visit me, in my home, when I got settled in. I purposely waited until late afternoon, before leaving.

You probably guessed; the other reason for visiting was Brad. This might even be harder than outing myself to my parents, but I really needed to come clean to my oldest friend. After all, not only did I just disappear, but, when I DID see him, I gave him a blowjob. I could only hope he wouldn't hate me for tricking him into think I was someone else. WAIT. I AM someone else. Still, I have to clean the slate.

For the third time, I walked into that bar as Melody. Sat at the bar, ordered my drink, and the bartender raised an eyebrow, grinning. "Well, it's our mystery woman, back again. Are you a traveling salesperson? You've stirred this place, each time. How is it that some dude hasn't put a rope on you?"

I laughed, apologized for any disturbance, and answered that I was just a traveler, and, that a "dude" had almost put his rope on me, but died, and that I was getting over it. He then apologized, and gave condolences. I told him I was looking for an old friend, and hoped he's stop in, before I left. Dad's old table of friends were there, and looked as if they were being quiet, trying to hear our conversation. Just as I ordered my second drink, (does the second drink in this bar make things happen?) Brad walked in. It seems he wasn't going to stop today, but saw my car, and wheeled in.

"Hi, there, sailor, can I buy you a drink?" I smiled at him.

"I knew that was your car! I hoped I'd see you again. I have questions."

I nodded. "I know, I have answers, probably more of them than you'll want to know." He winced at that and said, he hoped not. "Let's finish our drink, and go someplace more private, I need to confess some things. His eyes went wide, I'm sure his mind spinning over the possibilities. I winked at the bartender, thanked him, and left two twenties on the bar. "Shall we go out to your truck, Sir?" Hooking my arm around Brad's, as he stood. I walked slowly to his truck, he opened the door for me, then, went to his side and climbed in.

I took a deep breath, and said, "This is hard, and you may hate me.." (he tried to speak, but I put my finger to his lips), "please, I need to get this out, before I chicken out. You know me, or, you think you do, as Melody. I... haven't always been Melody. I was... someone else. (watching his eyes dart back and forth) We... (swallowing hard) knew each other... um, really well (completely puzzled look as he's trying to figure out how ). Brad, you are, um...were, my best friend, ever. (His mouth drops open) Brad, I'm, I mean, I was....Eric."

He looks in complete disbelief, but his eyes study my face, for any recognition. "No, no! You CAN'T be!" I put my hand on his.

I'm sorry, but I can, and am. I'm sorry I tricked you. You can hate me, but I had to set things right. It took a long time, but I finally mended things with my parents, and you were the only other person that I cared enough for to share this with. I won't go into why, or how, this happened, but I am happy with myself. For the first time, I'm comfortable with who I am. I...don't expect you to understand it, and it's ok if you don't, but, I'm giving you my card, with my phone number, if you ever forgive me, and want to talk." I started to open the truck door, but he grabbed my arm.

"Oh, no, you don't! You keep walking out of my life. I FELT something, that was deeper than a chance meeting, but couldn't figure out what it was. I KNEW you, but didn't know I knew you. I kept wondering HOW I could love a woman I'd barely met. Dammit. You AREN'T walking away so easily, this time. You don't have to explain everything, if you don't want to, but at least tell me this. WHY did you seduce me? I mean, we were best buds, and now you are this babe who has everyone talking, and you picked ME to seduce?"

"I'm sorry for that...well, maybe, but, when I saw you again, it was so different. I mean, I knew you, all your qualities, and everything, but, for the first time, I saw you from a woman's eyes. It was wrong, but, I HAD to have you. I didn't think about how wrong it was, until later. So, this is me, trying to atone for my actions. D-does this mean, you don't hate me?" Here come the tears, and he leans in to wipe them away.

"I'm not sure I could ever hate you, no matter what you look like. And, yeah, it's weird as fuck, but, I want...no, need, to know you, THIS You. You are all I've thought about. I can't just stop that, because I know...about...who you used to be. DAMN, I STILL can't believe you are the same person. Oh...but, like you said, you AREN'T the same. You are, but, SO much more."

Ok, as the credits roll up, the Hallmark movie has them kissing, as no one is heartbroken, as it is in real life. I know this one had no sex in it, but I thought it should have a proper ending. Critics, do your worst, we can't all be prize winning authors. Thanks for reading my stories!