A NOT so Welcomed Guest Ch. 13

Story Info
The third in my god series, Norse gods.
3.5k words
4.75
1.5k
7
0

Part 13 of the 14 part series

Updated 01/29/2024
Created 06/13/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Pars001
Pars001
2,177 Followers

Ephus - A demigod possessing the power to repower the gods

Quinn Markov - human wife of Ephus

-----------------------------------

Norse Deities

--------------

Odin - War god, main god of the Norse gods

Freya - a goddess associated with love, beauty, fertility, sex, war, gold, and seiðr.

-------------------------------------------------------

Valkyries

---------

Skuld - debt or future

Skögul - high-towering, Shaker

Herfjötur - Host-fetteror fetter of the army

Herja - devastate

Skeggöld - axe-age

---------------------------

Egyptian Deities

-----------------

Ra -- God of the Sun, the major god of Egypt

Bast - Goddess of cats, protection, joy, dance, music, family, and love

Serket - Goddess of scorpions, medicine, magic, and healing venomous stings and bites

Thoth - God of knowledge

--------------------------------

Greek Deities

-------------

Poseidon - god of the sea, brother of Zeus

-------------------------------------------

Titans

-------

Cronus - The King of the Titan, and the god of destructive time--time which devours all.

Iapetus - The Titan god of mortality and the allotment of the mortal lifespan.

Atlas - The Titan god of astronomy and the revolution of the heavenly constellations.

Prometheus - The wisest Titan. Son of Iapetus.

Oceanus - Titan of the Sea

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deep within the realm of Hades, Cronus was shaking his head. It was obvious that he and the other Titans had severely underestimated Ephus.

Cronus looked at a very weak Iapetus. He and the others had never seen a power like this. Even when they were at their peak, out in the world, he, the most powerful, had nothing like it.

Even trying to scan Iapetus as deeply as he could, revealed nothing. He needed the smartest of them, though how to trust him.

Most of the Titans couldn't trust him after the Titans were defeated. Prometheus, most suspected that he had helped Zeus defeat Cronus. The only thing was that they needed his mind. He was their foremost thinker. Still, when they used him, he'd have to have him watched very closely.

Cronus thought longer before he nodded, that plan might work after all. It mattered not about loyalty, it was nothing compared to family.

"Prometheus!" Cronus yelled, "come quick, it is your father!"

A moment later, a tall, well-muscled male with blonde hair appeared. "I am here Cronus," Prometheus said, then saw his father, weak and pitiful looking. "Father! What has happened?" Prometheus asked.

"I am afraid that he was defeated by a very powerful demi-god, one that wishes to destroy all of us," Cronus lied.

Prometheus looked over the situation, his gaze taking in everything within seconds. "Hmmm," he said after seeing no wound upon his father's body. His eyebrows rose when he saw his friend Atlas, standing well back, suspiciously quiet.

"I see, have you tried to heal him?" Prometheus asked. He expected more lies from Cronus, much like he always did.

"Of course, though, it seems an unknown power was used on him," Cronus said.

Prometheus took all this in trying to see just what Cronus' angle was this time. As far as he knew, the only thing Cronus really cared about was power, plus how much more he could get.

There was something going on, his father's weakness was indeed real, though he could still feel his father's power. Strange, it was almost as if most of his power was blocked.

Prometheus hid his smile, he'd heard of this. There was one out there that had powers that had never been seen before.

Another look at his father seemed to confirm a lot of what he had heard. Obviously, Cronus thought about using this against him. HA! Well, Cronus and the others were in for another rude awakening. His father had always been a cruel, back-stabbing god, really? Prometheus, could care less about most of the Titans.

Another look at Atlas, had Prometheus, wondering if they had something on him. He'd have to get Atlas alone to find out exactly what.

Finally, Prometheus looked at Cronus, "So, what the hell do you want of me? If you can't heal him, then I sure as can't. Please no lies, you really don't do it as well as you think."

For a moment Cronus had a look of anger cross his face, then it was gone even faster. "Well, I thought that since he was your father you might want to take revenge for him."

Things were starting to make more sense now, it was obvious that this new problem dumbfounded Cronus. So, Cronus, even though not trusting him, still needed his mind to figure it out.

Now Prometheus just needed the facts, as well as the truth. An inner laugh had him thinking that would be the day.

For the next hour, Prometheus listened as Cronus spun his spheel. Surpringly, almost all of it was in fact true, damn Prometheus thought, Cronus was desperate.

"Alright, I'll be back as soon as I have a...." Prometheus started.

"I think that you should stay close in case something happens to your father," Cronus quickly said. Prometheus smirked, then nodded. Cronus was indeed desperate.

"I would think far better away from the negative energy of this place. There are far too many here whose energy,

does not allow for the best thinking," Prometheus said.

Cronus was immediately compliant, " I can create, with your help, a small area that can block the effects of this."

Prometheus smirk of disbelief, had Cronus putting a hurt look on his face. Again, Prometheus shook his head, Cronus wasn't just a bad liar, he was the worst at acting.

"We shall see Cronus. Now tell me just who is this demi-god that defeated father," Prometheus said.

"He used to be a human, though years ago he started to develop godly powers. Now he has more power than almost any out there. His name is Ephus," Cronus said.

Prometheus nodded, he had heard of the man/god. In fact, he had tried to contact him, finding that quite a few of the Titans were keeping a close eye on him.

Quiet for a long time, Cronus was thinking that Prometheus was going to refuse. Finally, Prometheus nodded, "I will need a great deal of my things, plus a great deal more. We are dealing with something that hasn't ever been seen, not even in your time."

Cronus was nodding, looking at Prometheus through narrow eyes. Yes, they were going to have to watch him very closely.

Prometheus wasn't stupid, he saw the look Cronus was giving him, this was going to take all his mind to do.

_____________________________________________________________________

Quinn sat on the divan. She'd been practising now for hours. She still felt as if she had no control at all over her power.

Obviously, Ephus had done something to her that had helped a great deal. Still, she had no idea what it was, nor what her powers were. Then the big thing was, what she was now.

Bast and Serket could see the emotions playing across her face. Though she hadn't started to manifest her power, they were afraid that Quinn might lose it again.

Thoth, their brother had been gone for over half the day, doing whatever he thought was so important. Both let out a sigh, they just hoped that he could find something that would help.

Thoth was actually starting to get a little frustrated. For the absolute first time in his existence, he couldn't find anything about what he was looking for. He had gone through the library of Alexandria, the library of Ra. Several ancient libraries that were still in existence though well hidden.

He's also looked through the library of Olympus (with permission). A sudden thought struck him as he contacted Zeus' brother, Poseidon. After only a few moments after explaining that it was to help Epus and his human wife, Poseidon agreed.

Thoth and Poseidon, appeared within a library that was by far larger than any Thoth had ever seen. Thanking Poseidon after he explained that it was, Thoth went to work.

It was another twenty hours later, Thoth was only about half the way around the library that he finally started to get answers. Thoth sighed, he would love to remain here a few more days. He'd gleaned a few things that were actually refreshing. Finally, he found after another four hours what he was looking for.

Calling Poseidon, Thoth thanked him. "You do not wish to read the rest?" Poseidon asked.

"I was only here to find an answer to help Brother Ephus. Though I have found a great many answers, they have raised others. No, I have what I was after," Thoth said.

A shocked Poseidon nodded, "Ephus has affected you as well as a great many other gods. Have you ever have need of a friend here, do not hestitate to ask," Poseidon said as he grasped Thoth arm, nodded, then they both vanished.

Bast and Serket had waited for two days. They still hadn't heard from Thoth, both of them a little worried. Thoth smiled as he appeared a few miles from Ephus and Quinn's home.

A look around showed that there was no one within miles. A look of determination and confidence on his face, Thoth started.

Shock passed across his face, he felt part of his power shift. A smile started to replace the shock as he started to go faster. Thoth's face held confusion as he felt as if he was powering up by an outside power. A little late he realized that the power in the shift was feeding back to him. "Ah shit!" Thoth yelled as he tried to shuit it down, then puish it out.

Miles away, Ephus and Quinn's home shook from the titanic explosion not far away.

Both Bast and Serket's eyes were wide, they both had felt something right before the explosion. "We'll be right back," Bast said as both goddesses vanished.

The black area they appeared in had both of them in shock. Both goddesses could only stare at the destruction.

They were also both shocked to find small body parts all over the place. The most shocking thing though, was Thoth's head on the top of a tree.

"Uh brother?" Bast asked. "Just what did you do to end up like this?"

"I had gone to all the libraries that I could to find an answer. I finally did, in the sunken city of Atlantis. Though," Thoth said as several pieces of his body melded back together. His legs walked up, with the pieces joining them. "I was impatient, which I have to say was very unlike me, so I pushed far too fast, getting the present result."

Both of the goddesses started to grin, then smile which rapidly turned to chuckling, laughter. Finally, with a last look at Thoth, they both fell to the ground in full belly laughter.

Thoth could only smirk at their mirth about his condition. "You know, this isn't that funny," Thoth said.

This, of course, caused even harder laughter from both of them.

A deep sigh a few minutes later from Thoth, then they all appeared before Quinn.

"Did you find out what happened?" Quinn asked.

"Yes," Serket said with a smile. "Our brother blew himself up."

Even Quinn was unable to contain herself as she also started to laugh.

"I can imagine that Cronus is out for revenge after what I did to Iapetus. I think though, after that? He might tread even more carefully than he has before," Ephus said.

"You mean that you can take powers away?" Odin asked, silently glad that Ephus was on their side.

"No, I can't take away what comes natural to a god or goddess. What I can do is block them, it is the mind of the god or goddess that convinces them that I took them away," Ephus explained. "At least from everything I have seen and heard, that is what happens."

"No god has been able to break these blocks?" Odin asked.

Ephus shook his head, "I thought that as strong as they are, the Titans would have no trouble breaking it. I blocked Iapetus, almost out of habit. I was very surprised when it actually worked."

Epus was about to speak again when he got a strange look on his face. He then started to nod, grin, then laugh a little.

"Is everything alright?" Freya asked.

Still with a smile on his face, he replied, "Oh yes, it appears that one of my brothers blew theirself up. They were attempting to use an old method to help me. They were a little too enthusiastic."

All five of the gods and goddesses there smiled or shook their heads.

"It would appear that your brothers and sisters from the other realms are fiercely loyal. Such devotion is an excellent ally to have," Odin said.

"It can be though, at first, it can be very difficult to cultivate the trust needed," Ephus said.

"So, what more do you think we can do? Loki still holds far more than I and Gungnir can completely overcome. Even with the five of us, the fifteen Valkyries plus you? Loki still holds an advantage," Odin said.

Ephus was standing there in the middle of the room nodding. There might be a way though he was strong enough to pull it off?

"Alright, I think that it's time that I finally even out the playing field," Ephus said. This had all there were there staring at him in confusion. "It means I am going to take more of Loki's power."

Ephus closed his eyes, then pulled. First, an older, almost white-haired female appeared. Next, a tall, red-headed female holding a war hammer appeared. Then beside those a tall blonde with two double-edged swords and another red-head with a broad sword appeared. The last, a tall blonde with a sword-like spear popped in.

Ephus smiled when all five of them growled or snarled at him. The white-haired female, Skuld, the tall red-headed female, Skögul with a war hammer, both stared at Ephus then dropped to their knees.

The second red-head with a broad sword, Herfjötur, then the tall blonde with the sword-like spear, Herja were staring at Ephus. Herfjötur caught Ephus' eyes for a moment, then also dropped to her knees. Herja could only stare at Ephus with an almost confused hatred. The only one that seemed to not be affected was the tall blonde Skeggöld, with two double-edge swords.

Ephus took a deep breath that had taken a bit out of him. He got three of them almost four, though these last two were far stronger than he thought they were.

"Fight it Herja! This is nothing but a male, worse yet a human male," Skeggöld yelled at Herja.

Herja started to advance, shaking her head, though something was seeming to eat away at her resolve. The bad thing was the closer she got to the bastard, the more she wanted to stop. Shaking uncontrollably, she started to swing at Ephus, stopped, then put her weapon on the floor, kneeling before Ephus.

Behind her they heard a female scream out with fury as she drew both her swords. Still screaming, she leapt toward Ephus, swinging with a lot of power. Luckily, Ephus had drawn both his swords as she continued to try to kill him.

Ten minutes later, Ephus had managed to dislodge one of her swords. This made her twice as angry, swinging with even more strength. Damn, Ephus thought, she's damn good with only one sword against two.

Another thing that he noticed was that she hadn't once looked at his face. This was going to make breaking Loki's hold on her twice as difficult.

"So," Ephus said, finally coming up with a semi-plan. "You're too afraid of looking at he who will defeat you", Ephus said, trying to goad her.

"HA!" Skeggöld said, an extreme look of hatred in her eyes. When she continued on with the fight with no effect, Ephus got a little worried. He knew he could defeat her, he didn't want to kill her.

Another thirty minutes, Skeggöld was still staring straight into his eyes with no change. Damn it! Ephus thought this was starting to get serious. Pressing her, Fphus started to gain the upper hand, though he could feel his energy starting to wane.

Finally putting all he had into a last attack, Skeggöld's last sword went flying across the room. Ephus had twisted it out of her grasp. Falling to her knees, Skeggöld's eyes cleared.

"I have fallen in battle, Lord Ephus. I give you my life, be-head me quick. It 'tis all I deserve," Skeggöld said.

"As I have explained before, you were not yourself, therefore, you were not responsible for your actions. Now, join your sisters. Hopefully the loss of you will further weaken Loki," Ephus said.

Skeggöld bowed to the floor, as did the other four. They were all surprised when the other fifteen Valkyries appeared around them.

"I think that should weaken Loki further. You have twenty of the thirty-nine Valkyries," Ephus said after he turned to walk to the rest there.

A moment later, Ephus nodded to Odin and the four gods and goddesses, then slumped to the floor. "Ephus?" Freya asked.

"Thought I was ready, almost," Ephus said as he slipped into unconscious.

________________________________________________________

Within the realm of Hades, Prometheus was irritated far beyond his capability. Somehow, he hadn't struck out at the others that kept peaking in to see what he was doing.

He knew that going to Cronus wasn't really going to help at all. Again, for the tenth or so time, a face ducked back from the door. Taking a deep breath, Prometheus waited, then blasted the face back from the doorway.

Not one but two screams of anger came from outside the room. A broad smile crossed his face as he tried again to set up all that he needed.

Perhaps, after what he'd just done, they'd leave him alone for a longer amount of time. Thinking about it more, he shook his head no, most were stupid, especially compared to him. They were like brainless muscle.

Prometheus was almost done when he sent another bolt towards the doorway, smiling when he heard three screams this time.

"What is going on?" Cronus said when he suddenly appeared, blocking a blast that slightly blackened his hand.

"Going on?" Prometheus asked, "whatever do you mean?" Prometheus looked at Cronus as if he had no idea what was going on.

"Why haven't you started? I thought you said it would be no time," Cronus said looking at Prometheus coldly.

"Oh, I would be, though I have to keep smacking the children that keep trying to disturb me. You want me to work?" Prometheus said, giving an even colder look to Cronus. "Keep your little minions out of here, especially that waste of space of my father."

Cronus looked shocked; this was the most forceful Prometheus had ever been toward him. Nodding his head, Cronus beat a hasty retreat.

Cronus walked out seeing at least eight other Titans, though five of them looked rather burnt.

"I am going to tell you once, I want him watched, not bothered. Iapetus, you should know better than any of them, just how much of a little shit your son is. Looking at you five, it appears that he has more power than you thought. Keep that in mind, before you piss me off also," Cronus said as he stormed off.

A hulking male turned to look at Iapetus. He'd been one of the first two that had been burned.

"What makes your son so special?" Oceanus asked Iapetus.

"You know Iapetus is smartest, you wish to challenge Cronus? Iapetus know he would rip all of us apart. You strong," Iapetus said as he shook his head. "Cronus, far stronger."

Oceanus backed up, what Iapetus had said was true. None of the eight were all that smart, though they did know their place. Especially with respect to Cronus.

Cronus continued to walk on. Iapetus might not be the smartest though, he was by far one of his most loyal.

In the room he was in, Prometheus smiled. This seemed to be an interesting turn of events.

Bast turned toward her brother, "Well, Ephus said to tell you thank you for your efforts. He also said that he knew you were smarter than that. Were you in such a hurry that you didn't think something like this wouldn't happen?"

Thoth started to open his mouth, then snapped it shut. He'd learned a long, long time ago not to argue with Bast, he hadn't really ever won. The more he thought about it, the better not arguing with her sounded.

Pars001
Pars001
2,177 Followers
12