A Paladin's Journey Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

His bow was lying across his knees as he regarded her, and her vala said he had a good heart and meant no harm, so she lowered her weapon. "Thank you," she said sincerely, looking up at him. Whoever he was, making a shot like that, at that distance, was impressive. "You just saved my life, stranger."

"You were fortunate," he said as he studied her. She felt the flash of excitement in him, but she was used to how men looked at her. "Had I not been coming this way, your day would have ended much differently. I usually hunt beasts, or ulunn, but rarely men." There was an abrupt manner about him. Not rude, exactly, but certainly direct and not fussy with his words.

The archer's eyes fell on the corpse by Elaina's boots. "Who are you, that men seek to stab you in the back in the dark?"

Elaina thought quickly. "I am here on business with the king," she told him. "Perhaps this man is one of Burin's enemies." Squatting by the body, she looked it over. Beneath the man's cloak were plain, unadorned clothes. He wore no jewellery, nor possessed any tattoos or other identifying marks that she could see.

"Perhaps," the stranger repeated, though whether he believed it or not was uncertain. "I am Noah," he said simply. "Noah Stoneman."

"Elaina Fairborn," Elaina replied, offering a brief smile as she gingerly pried the assassin's fingers open to get a look at the dagger. She hissed as she recognised the blade and the carved bone hilt. It was identical to the weapon the Nameless had been carrying, the one that had taken her, Smythe and Kedron down like children before Aran stopped her.

"What is it?" Noah enquired. He still hadn't moved from his spot.

"This man is a Herald assassin," Elaina told him. She aligned with Noah, just to be safe, and she felt the connection forming between them. If she was going to trust him with knowledge, she wasn't going to take chances.

"And why," Noah began as he straightened and began to descend the stairs toward her. He had an easy, smooth stride, even as he slung his bow across his back. "Would a Herald assassin target you, Elaina?" He stopped in front of her, looking down not challengingly, but inquisitively.

Elaina tore off a piece of the man's cloak and used it to carefully wrap the dagger before she stood and tucked it behind her belt at her hip. "Because of what I am," she told Noah, meeting his intent gaze.

"And what is that?" The taller man countered. "And why do I already feel like I've known you ten years? Are you some kind of sorcerer?"

Elaina grinned. "Not a sorcerer, Noah." She offered a hand. "A Paladin. And a friend, if you'll have me."

"A Paladin, you say?" He smiled and grasped her hand. He had a strong grip, and his palms and fingers were callused. "I had heard that at least one was in the city, but I didn't believe it, until now."

"Well, here I am, in the flesh," Elaina said with a chuckle as he released her hand.

Noah eyed her up and down rather boldly. "I can see that," he murmured appreciatively. "Tell me," he began curiously. "I have heard that a woman arohim can bewitch a man's mind and make him do things he otherwise would not, all for a promise of her charms. Is this what is happening to me?" For a man who thought he might be under a spell, Noah certainly appeared nonplussed, especially in the way he was looking her over.

Elaina decided she liked Noah, especially since the alignment revealed to her what kind of man he was. She stepped a little closer. "Do you feel bewitched?" She asked him coyly.

He shrugged. "Don't know if I've ever been bewitched before, so I can't really say." His eyes dropped lower again, and he cleared his throat surreptitiously. Elaina glanced down at herself, then, and realised what kept drawing his attention; the rain in the passage earlier had plastered her white shirt to her breasts, rendering the material transparent. With her cloak hanging open, Noah had tickets to a grand show, indeed. She sensed some awkwardness coming from him as he realised she knew he'd been looking.

"Don't be embarrassed," she soothed. "You just saved my life! And I don't mind that you're looking."

Despite her permission, the bearded young man fixed back on her face. "I don't get much time around women, if you know what I mean." After a moment, he added, "And you're one of the most beautiful I've ever seen."

Elaina beamed at the genuine compliment and stood up on her tiptoes to brush a kiss on his cheek, just above his beard. "I have enjoyed meeting you, Noah, and I would like to continue this conversation soon. However," she gestured to the body just behind her. "I do need to address this matter at hand."

Noah nodded in understanding. He fingered the bowstring slanting across his chest as he studied the corpse. "I never liked the Heralds much," he confessed quietly. "And I always thought killing in the dark, from behind, was the coward's way."

"On that, we agree," Elaina said. "I will inform Captain Finya about this right away. She should know there might be more Heralds in the city."

Noah smiled. "Perhaps I can hunt them down for the Captain. For a small fee, of course." He then offered a small, unpractised bow. "I enjoyed meeting you, Elaina Fairborn. Until next time." He stepped around her and began to descend the stairs.

"Where are you going?" Elaina asked.

"Hunting!" He answered without looking back.

"Hunting what?"

"Whatever I find that isn't supposed to be down here!"

Shaking her head in amusement, Elaina watched the strange fellow until he was out of sight. "Thanks again, Noah," she murmured as she absently touched the place beneath her breast where the knife would have gone in. "I'm glad you arrived when you did."

***

--------------------------------------------

17.2: The New Familiar

--------------------------------------------

Aran entered Evoni's home at her invitation and she closed the door behind him. It was a very spacious, single-room cottage maybe thirty paces on a side, with the ceilings somewhat higher than he was used to, and the furnishings a little larger. Evoni busied herself with lighting a couple of the fat lanterns that hung about the place while Aran looked around.

There was a wide fireplace on the western wall -- to Aran's right as he walked in -- in front of which a few plush furs were laid out. A small fire crackled on the hearth, and a large pot hung above it, giving off scents of what had to be rabbit stew. On the left was the kitchen, with a stone oven and a long island bench for preparing food.

The sleeping area was in the back, opposite the front door. Aran could see a long, wide bed there, which appeared to be just a comfortable-looking mattress atop a stone platform. In the middle of the room was a round wooden table about chest-height on Aran with four matching stools tucked neatly beneath.

All in all, it was simple, yet homely. Aran watched Evoni move about, admiring the sleek length of her legs. What would her skin feel like to touch? She strode gracefully to the fireplace and lifted a metal spoon off a nearby hook. When she bent forward to stir the stew, Aran's pulse quickened before he could settle it. Was she bending at that particular angle innocently? Or was it calculated, the way she kept her knees locked and presented her bottom like that?

"We build our homes a little larger than we need," Evoni said suddenly. She turned to face him, spoon still in hand. "I will outgrow this place," she told him as she gestured to the room with her empty hand. "But not for at least a hundred years."

"I like it," Aran said genuinely. "It reminds me a little of my old home, many miles from here."

A warm smile split Evoni's pretty face at the compliment. "Please make yourself comfortable. The stew is almost ready. Are you hungry?"

"Famished," Aran replied as his stomach punctuated the fact with a loud rumble. He unpinned his cloak and hung it on a hook behind the door before following suit with his sword belt. Evoni busied herself with fetching a couple of big stone bowls from a cupboard in the kitchen.

"Anything I can help with?" Aran asked as she placed the bowls on the table. She eyed him briefly, looking him up and down.

"Are you comfortable, like that?" She asked, curious.

"Like what?"

"Wearing all those garments," Evoni said. "They look like a hindrance. Are they for protection? Or perhaps warmth? I have heard that other people wear this 'clothing,' but I've never asked someone about it myself."

Aran chuckled and plucked at his shirt. "In the Human lands, to walk about as you Giants do would be scandalous, to say the least."

Evoni's eyebrows climbed. "Then how can you Humans truly know one other, if you are hidden behind fabrics?"

"That is an excellent question," Aran told her. "But it is more than clothing that Humans hide behind, I am sad to say." Before Evoni could ask him to elaborate, he began unlacing his shirt. "I will adapt to your customs, if that is agreeable?" When she nodded, he added, "Personally, I prefer it your way."

Evoni watched him unabashed as he undressed and hung his clothes up with his cloak and sword. She smiled at him when he was done. "Your body is pleasant to behold, Aran," she said warmly.

"I find yours the same," Aran replied. "Though I was unsure if it was polite to say so."

"It is always polite," Evoni began as she walked slowly toward him. Aran was captivated by the way the light glimmered off her skin in places as if caught and reflected by tiny diamonds. "To say what is in one's heart."

Aran found that he quite liked the Oron'noroth ways. They were a genuine and sturdy people, from what he'd seen of them thus far.

"Now we can embrace properly," she said softly as she reached him. She looked down at him intently, with confidence, but Aran thought he also detected a trace of uncertainty in those brilliant eyes. "If you wish it," she finished in almost a whisper.

In answer, Aran threaded his arms beneath hers and folded her into a hug. She sighed as their bodies met and Aran felt her hands sliding around his back. She felt spectacular. Her skin was smooth and supple against his, and her lush breasts pillowed into his chest and shoulders. His vala enveloped her before thought, and he felt her body begin to hum in answer.

"What are you?" She breathed into his ear. "Why do I feel this way about you? Is this some spell?"

Aran pulled back a little until he could look into her eyes. "No spells," he said with a smile. "I am an arohim. A Paladin of Aros. My presence is allowing you to express your true self with me."

Evoni's eyes widened. "I have heard stories of the fabled Paladins, but never did I think to meet one."

"I am one of a mere few left in the world," Aran explained, unable to keep the note of sadness from his voice. "But our numbers are growing again. Albeit slowly."

Evoni was silent for a few moments. She gazed into his eyes as if searching for something. "Forgive me," she said hurriedly. Before Aran could ask what for, her lips found his. At the first contact of their mouths, Aran forgot about his empty stomach. They kissed softly at first, tenderly, but a hot passion soon overtook them, and their tongues began to clash aggressively.

Aran's vala told him what Evoni wanted. What she needed. Taking the lead, he bent his knees slipped one arm between her thighs. She moaned hotly as he slung her over his shoulders and carried her to the big bed at the back of the room. After tossing her long body onto the mattress, he turned away.

"Where are you going?" She asked. She sat up, a concerned look on her face. "Did I offend you?"

Aran looked back at her for a second. The way she was sitting propped up with her arms behind her was particularly alluring, especially the way her impressive breasts were thrust forward. Her long hair fell down over her shoulders and arms, and her creamy thighs were apart, but her feet were together, creating an inviting diamond peaked by her sex. Aran had rarely been more aroused in his life.

"I'm just taking the stew off the fire," he announced as he moved to do just that. "I'm hungry and I don't want it to burn, but what we're about to do will take some time."

Evoni laughed then, a musical peal with a hint of primality to it. Aran decided he liked it. "I'm waiting, Paladin," she purred.

Wasting no time, Aran snatched the big stew pot off the fire without bothering to use a cloth to protect his hand -- his vala protected him from burns -- and carried it to the round table. He lifted it up easily, unable to stop himself from enjoying the rich aroma of rabbit and vegetables.

"You are strong," Evoni remarked smokily as he came back to the bed. "What other abilities have you, Paladin Aran?"

Feeling mischievous, Aran leaped up to stand on the mattress above her. He straddled her waist, hands on hips in a mock-heroic stance. Her hands immediately began to run up his legs, caressing his calves and the backs of his thighs. Her eyes locked onto his cock, which proudly stood straight out from his body.

"I have one ability which I think you will find most astonishing," he said grandly. His breath caught as her hand enveloped his member and began stroking insistently.

"Oh?" She asked. "And what might that be?"

Aran grinned down at Evoni as he began to expand his cock. She gasped as she felt it grow in the confines of her grip. "Tell me when to stop," he told the beautiful Norothi as he grew. When she finally called an excited halt, he was more than a foot long and so wide that even Evoni's fingers could not fully encircle his hard flesh.

She sat up on the bed and studied his now absurdly large cock up close. His balls had swollen in size, too, and she cupped them tentatively, as if testing their weight. "I would have enjoyed you as you were, Aran," she said sincerely as she looked up at him. "You didn't need to do this for me."

"I wanted to," Aran replied. "Truth be told, I've never actually tested my limits this far. I could go even bigger, if necessary." He cocked an eyebrow in offer of doing just that, but Evoni giggled and shook her head.

"This will not be required," she purred as she planted a soft kiss on the crown of his cock. "Though we Norothi are capable of taking far larger if we desire.

Aran's eyes widened. "Larger than this?" He pointed at his oversized phallus in disbelief. "I could believe that of some of your older kin, but you're still so small!" He instantly wished for the words back for fear of insulting Evoni, but she just nodded and licked the sensitive underside of his crown as she resumed stroking. "Our bodies adapt readily. My first was Erendrim. I'm not sure if you saw him earlier. He is twice my size, with skin of dark marble. It was a pleasurable coupling. He was considerate yet commanding."

Aran vaguely remembered a Noroth from earlier that matched Evoni's description. "Well, I've just learned yet another thing about your people," he said, but his last words were strangled as Evoni swallowed his cock. He watched in a haze of pleasure as her lips slid down his shaft, never stopping until her nose was touching his pelvis. She was doing something with her tongue that delivered strong jolts of delightful sensation all over his body.

He tangled his fingers in her shimmering hair and held on as she engaged the muscles of her throat and began to squeeze his length as if trying to milk him. Never before had Aran ever experienced such a feeling as this. "Shit!" He gasped as Evoni's talents wrought wonderful havoc on his sensitive flesh. He felt her own pleasure mounting as she enjoyed servicing him.

She moaned deep in her throat, and the vibrations drove him to a new height. Without the help of his abilities, he would have erupted by now. Gently, he pulled her head back, until he popped free of her lips. She looked up at him hotly, her eyes lidded with lust. "Lie back," he rasped. She obeyed, and Aran climbed atop her taller body.

He took his time exploring her, kissing a trail from her collarbone down to the peak of her full breast. She sighed when he captured a pink nipple between his lips and suckled it gently. Her hips lifted in response, and Aran knew she was ready to be filled. A moment later he was sliding into her slick, warm depths. Evoni's long legs wrapped around his hips as he entered her, and her breath was hot in his ear as she urged him deeper into her body.

"It feels... different," she whispered. "Good."

Aran agreed. Evoni felt a little different inside than his other lovers. She was firmer, yet still soft, and her inner walls massaged him exquisitely, as if rippling up his length from base to tip. In short, she was amazing. Temporarily, Aran forgot about the rest of the world and focused only on the woman beneath him until the stew went dead cold on the table and the fires had burned down to embers.

*

Aran watched from the bed as Evoni pottered about the cottage. He was lying on his right side with his head propped up on a hand. He thought he could watch her all day and never cease admiring her tall, graceful form. His Norothi lover had stoked the fire and was reheating the stew. There were tall, round windows in the wall on either side of the front door, and they showed a darkening sky outside. Aran and Evoni had made love all day.

"How long will the Elders be, do you think?" Aran asked as she stirred the stew pot. "I wish to speak with them as soon as they are done."

Evoni turned her head to regard him as she straightened. "I do not know," she answered slowly. "We Noroth take much longer, I think, to do some things when compared to you Humans. It could be days before they emerge. Perhaps weeks."

Aran sat up quickly. "They'll stay in bed for that long?"

Evoni smiled and walked over to give him a quick, but firm kiss. "It's possible," she confirmed. "They are the Elders. They will do what they wish."

Aran frowned at her slim back as she went back to the kitchen. "I didn't consider that," he muttered. "Why do I know about the history of Dwarves and Elves but know nothing about the Noroth?" He meant the question for himself, but Evoni only shrugged in answer as she opened the door to the pantry and pulled out a cloth-wrapped bundle.

"You have studied the Dwarves and Elves?" She queried as she placed the bundle on the table and unwrapped it to reveal a fat loaf of bread.

Aran shook his head. "Not conventionally. My powers give me knowledge passed down from my fellow Paladins, but strangely there is little available to me regarding your people."

Evoni came to sit on the bed beside him. Aran moved so his feet were hanging off the side next to hers. "Perhaps I can teach you," she suggested. With a devilish grin she added, "I can think of many ways to help you remember." Her right hand travelled up his thigh to grasp his cock and squeeze firmly.

Aran laughed and gently moved her hand away. "I wouldn't do that," he warned lightly. "I'll fuck you until we both starve if you let me."

"There are worse ways to die," she breathed into his ear.

"I agree," Aran replied. His vala hummed insistently, but he suppressed it. "And I look forward to having you many more times, my love, but I really do need to see the Elders, sooner rather than later."

Evoni pulled back to look him in the eye. He met her gaze levelly, showing her that it was important to him, and she nodded. "I will speak to Verevendi," she said with a smile. "I am sure he can do something. You are a guest of honour, after all."

"Thank you," Aran said gratefully. He kissed her and ran his fingers through her blue-black hair.

"How did you receive such honours, may I ask?" She said suddenly. A Human arrives in the village for the first time in memory, riding on the shoulders of the legendary Immelanle who hasn't been seen for centuries. Something tells me a significant thing happened."