A Paladin's War Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I've missed you, boy," Aran said as he fondly rubbed Strider's neck. The horse whickered and frisked a little; he was ready to run.

"I leave the management of the other par'vala to you, Kedron," Amina said after swinging smoothly into the saddle.

Kedron nodded firmly. "As you wish, Priestess. I will see it done."

"We will return as quickly as possible," Aran told the boys as he took his saddle. "Until then, be safe, be smart." It was strange thinking of them as boys when they were only a year or two younger than himself. They saluted, and after a few more instructions from Amina, they headed back toward the camp.

Aran looked up at the sky, then around at his companions. All were watching him, ready for him to take the lead. "Let's be about it, shall we?" He nudged Strider's flanks with his heels, setting the stallion to a trot.

"Where are we going?" Smythe asked as he came abreast of Aran. He was the taller man, and atop Thunder he was head and shoulders higher.

"To find a black mountain that shines," Aran replied.

"A bloody what?" Smythe said with a frown.

"That's what Vayani said. That's where we'll find Agni."

"I've never heard of such a thing," Elaina said from his other side. Noah rode back a little bit, and Amina was behind Smythe.

"I have," Noah called, pushing his grey a little closer. Aran twisted in his saddle to look at the hunter. "There is a region in the far northwest where the mountains are made of blackglass. It's said that when the sun hits the mountains they reflect the light."

"Sounds like obsidian," Smythe said thoughtfully. "That would do it."

Aran nodded. It was as good a place to start as any. "Then that is where we shall go." Under the grey pre-dawn, he kicked Strider into a canter.

***

END OF CHAPTER 14

***