A Piece of Cake

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As the models began their walk, I saw several of our management group appear. We went to greet them and fill them in with the schedule. The decision was made to approach the bus loading area and once the bus set off with the models and artists, the managers and clients could take the waiting limos to the academy. A nice touch that Joan had worked out was that the double decker bus driver would deposit the talent right at the venue following the cross-town ride. I figured that we had enough room so that if a few of them changed their mind about attending, we had plenty of space. And food. And cake.

Mr. Andrews pulled me aside. "Fine work, both of you. Several of our clients have been positively gushing about the exposure they have received from the first event and now this bonus. Brilliant work. And I am impressed as well, very much looking forward to this evening." He patted me on my back and moved to continue massaging several of the clients' egos. His folksy skill enamored him to everyone it seemed.

Joan and I watched, ready to pop into any gap we noticed. Our management was masterful in their coverage. They mixed, mingled, engaged, introduced and in general herded the clients into a positive frame of mind. Essentially it reminded me of a game of bowling. We set them up and they knocked them down. I leaned into Joan. "Great to observe this, isn't it? By the way, a major 'attaboy' from Andrews. For both of us, so I guess it would be an 'attaperson' or 'attateam'. Whatever, we done good."

Joan snickered a bit. "Yes, they are a force to watch. No client is alone, they make sure conversation is light and complimentary. Quite the thing to watch. Here's hoping it lasts for another five or six hours."

"By the way, I have that extra 'present' stashed away at the venue. You ready to reveal your plan? You really have me curious." I looked at Joan.

Joan stared ahead at the group chatting away. "Not quite yet. I'm still tentative and waiting for just a bit more... Oh, Jane, Ms. Jenkins, is signaling to us. We better get over there." Joan headed off to the waving lady who was our boss.

"Joan, James, I need to introduce you to one of our guests. Mr. Wong. He is here for a short visit which happily coincided with this event. He, unfortunately was unable to be part of the original campaign, but is very impressed with your ideas and how well it dovetails with some of his companies' efforts." Jane held her hand toward a middle-aged man of clearly Asian heritage in a very stylish suit who bowed graciously from his waist.

Joan and I bent slightly as well. I spoke first. "Ms. Jenkins, thank you for introducing us. Welcome Mr. Wong. We are thrilled that you are enjoying your visit and hope we have contributed in some small way to that pleasure." I was curious to know what his company did and if we could help the firm land this account. Given the attention he was receiving, it had a large potential, meaning money. Joan and I exchanged handshakes with him and stood as a foursome just to the side of our main group.

"The pleasure is certainly mine. I am astounded that such young and energetic people such as you have developed this impressive campaign. No doubt, you are a little curious as to my business, we are not well known outside of our region, but hope to remedy that with a collaboration with the right agents. For now, let me just say we are in the film and entertainment fields. I am looking forward to this evening, can you tell me more of what to expect?" Mr. Wong spoke quietly, but with flawless English. Better than mine.

I noticed the models returning and starting to load onto the bus. A red carpet runway had been set out so each model would strut past the photographers and climbed onto the bus. "I see they are about to board the bus for the ride around town. The loading should be an excellent show to observe and Joan and I will meet you again at the venue. We need to go make sure all is in order." We ushered Ms. Jenkins and Mr. Wong over to the side of the gleaming red bus with the open top just as the first models walked by. Mr. Wong was thrilled with the show and was clearly enjoying the parade.

Ms. Jenkins, Jane looked back over her shoulder to us and mouthed the words "Thank you, Great job!" She raised a thumb in approval. "We will see you at the academy. Looking forward to it."

We rushed over to the academy. At first we had considered taking one of the limos, but decided to work off a little steam and walked the short distance. We had put our formal clothes in the back office where we also stored some extra supplies and incidentals for any emergency that might arise. Extra bags, sewing kits, first aid kit and so on. The walk did us a world of good and sharpened us for the rest of the event. It burned off a bit of the adrenaline and let us see things clearly.

The room looked magnificent. Artistic works and artist descriptions were projected on the walls, the tables were set with crisp white cloths, the lighting low, but enough for good visibility. In the middle several small spotlights hit a massive cake, nearly nine feet in height. Even when the room filled, it would still be visible from every corner. The model in the cake waved, seeing new people enter the room. "Let's go over and say hello before the place gets crowded." Joan led me to the cake display.

"Greetings! Welcome to the Bodypainting after party! Let the festivities continue! I'm Mary, you living pastry!" We couldn't have asked for a better personality to bring this idea to life.

"Hello, Mary, I'm Joan and this is James. We are the contact folks for the event, and you are perfect! This is what we imagined and then taken to a whole other level!" Joan was wide eyed and smiling.

"You look delicious! Seriously, you are perfect and the cake is as well. I have to get some pictures. Joan, stay there." I pulled out my phone and got several shots of Joan and our cake nymph before one of our team came over and took my phone to get pictures of all three of us. This was a perfect centerpiece.

We finished complimenting Mary and the baker who added a few finishing touches and headed down the hall to our staging area. The kitchen was bustling with the caterer heating and saucing the bon mots for the stations. A side area had the wait staff who had agreed to wear the paint 'uniforms' being covered. Finally into our office, we took a breath and planned our route to getting to the end of the night.

"Okay, time to get out of these comfortable clothes and into something suitable for this soirée" Joan reached up to take the stylish halter dress she had brought off the hook where it was hung. "I can't believe it is here! All the hard work, from the crazy idea to a classy venue filled with living art. Nice work, Mr. Zinn."

"Excellent work, Ms. Hastings. When I asked if you wanted to get naked with me, I had no idea it would lead to this." I started taking off my casual clothes and replacing them with more a freshly starched shirt, suit and painful shoes. I noticed Joan had shed her top and bra and faced away from me. It was too tempting to resist. I moved behind her and put my hands on her arms. I bent down and kissed her bare shoulder and moved to her neck. I felt her shudder in my grasp.

"Damn. If we didn't have this event, I would SO finish what you just started. But for now, let's focus on the event." Joan twisted and faced me. A pop up on her toes and she kissed me. I got a wonderful glimpse of her perky breasts about to be concealed by the summer print halter.

A few moments later we were dressed and prepared.to go into the main room for the event. "Hey, do you want the extra glass, um, present? And are you ready to tell me what or who it is for?"

"Don't need it right now, and not ready yet, but it is looking like soon. Let's go out there and greet the guests. This is so cool; you rarely get a chance to meet your clients like this. There should be some good feedback." Joan moved confidently out the door and into the hall.

A few people had come in, the serving staff had finished the painting and were stationed around the room. With the lighting, it was hard to tell who was naked and who had an actual uniform on. And in the center, the cake maiden stood elegantly bathed in light. We went out the main doors to greet the limos and our guests which should be arriving shortly.

"That red carpet was a great touch for the bus. That would have been good here, as well." Joan talked out loud as she had a thought for improving the event.

"Joan - look over where the limos are going to pull up." She turned to the area and there was a red roll with several stanchions and velvet ropes. "I made a call when we saw that at the painting area. Our team found this in the back area, and here we are."

"Wow. What a team." Joan went to the roll as the first limousine turned the corner. "Well, get over here and help me roll this out."

The long black vehicles pulled up, one after another and discharged their cargo. A few other people arrived as Joan and I had, by foot through the park. The next limo arrived and out came Mr. Wong, Mr. Madison, Ms. Jenkins and Mr. Andrews. The group assembled on the red carpet, something they clearly noted. Ms. Jenkins turned to us while the other three continued a chat from the car. "Absolutely brilliant detail." She pointed down. Joan, will you join me in going in? I am a bit outnumbered here and could use a hand. Perfect dress for this." She turned to me. "Great work, and you also clean up well. You both have certainly added class to an event that could easily have gone another way." I watched the five walk off as the next car pulled up.

In between greeting clients, colleagues and other attendees, I smiled and imagined Joan showing the top managers around the venue, pointing out the various touches that made the event special. We had built this as a team and while it felt a little strange not to be

presenting it to the major players as a team, I trusted the fact that we had developed such a close identity that we could separate and represent effectively. Twice as well, in fact.

By my guesstimation, nearly two hundred guests had arrived. Around the corner came the large red double decker bus filled with our guests of honor. The models crowded on the top waving triumphantly. I imagined they had taken the city by storm and were now ready to have some fun. I sent a quick text to Joan to clue her in. I turned as the bus pulled up and coming toward me was the group of five to help welcome the new arrivals. Just another example of our intuitive connection.

The painted models ran, wiggled and cavorted by us. There were hands held out for high fives which Mr. Andrews took delight in making. Mr. Wong clapped and seemed to be enjoying the passing array of models more than any of the others, and the others were having a great time cheering them on.

"How did it go showing them around?" I shot a quiet question to Joan.

"I'll fill you in completely later, but let's say we have scored. I always wondered what it would be like to be the favorite employee and I think we are there. Ms. Jenkins gushed! That client has been clapping and giving out sounds of pure joy. He was blown away with the cake, especially." The group had fallen in line behind the models and were filing back in and we joined the throng.

Inside, the event was as magic as we had hoped. Nude models circulated through the room finding food stations and the bars. Conversations were lively and the food was receiving rave reviews. The band played well in the background and the visuals projected on the walls garnered notice that further stimulated the talk from the guests. And it all centered around the bright centerpiece of the model covered in frosting.

The band struck a chord and Mr. Madison stepped up to their microphone. "Guests, employees, our esteemed clients and colleagues. Welcome! I am Alan Madison, your host. First off, no speech!" This announcement received applause and clinks from the crowd. I just want to acknowledge your presence and to introduce the organizers of this event, a duo that you will be hearing more about as they develop new campaigns. Joan Hastings and James Zinn." Even he applauded as the spotlight turned to us.

We politely waved and looked around as the applause grew.

"Help me get them up here for a few words." Alan motioned with his arms that we should join him up on stage.

I gave Joan an aside as we climbed up on the stage. "Glad we dressed for this." Her eyes were huge, she was clearly frightened. I added. "I'll talk, you wave and clap." She nodded.

Mr. Madison handed the microphone to me and moved off to the side. "As our host said, 'no speech!'. But we want to add our grateful voice to the others to thank you for your support. And how about for the models and artists who made the Tenth Annual Bodypainting event epic!" Applause erupted. "And while the food will continue to be served and the beverages will continue to be poured, I do believe it is time... time for cake! A round of applause for our centerpiece, Mary!" The lights turned to the center of the room and the crowd erupted. While the place went crazy and people pressed in for a slice and a look, Joan and I slipped off the stage.

"Thank you. Very smooth, James. I just suck at public speaking, well, impromptu speaking. Thanks for the cover." She held my hand as we went into the hallway to watch the swirls and eddies of people as they circulated the room.

"No problem. It is what a team does. We each have strengths and weaknesses. We have each other's back." Instinctively I turned and bent down to deliver a kiss. Despite the people around, Joan raised her arm and held my head close to hers, continuing the kiss.

We parted and Joan spoke. "Okay. I'm ready to get the present. Here's the hunch I am playing. Hope it works. It's for Jane. I was picking up a vibe from her and it was even stronger here. I know she'll appreciate her 'sculpture' and use it as intended." The devilish smile returned. "I'll make you the same deal we had before. If it goes over well, we share the credit, if it bombs, all on me."

"Okay. I guess I can see it. Successful career woman, she still has curves, high stress. And she does have an eye for art. I checked out her office. Some pieces had an underlying erotic theme. That one fabric piece struck me as a stylized vagina. But let's get back out there. There is cake waiting!" I headed back out to the center of the room toward Mary with Joan in tow.

Despite the commotion and the increased temperature in the room, Mary's frosting top looked as fresh as ever. She greeted guests, invited them to have a piece of her dress and was taking an untold number of selfies. She saw us approach and smiled and waved. "Hello you two! Incredible party! I think our bakery has gotten like 5 gigs from this, um, exposure! So much fun - even my model friends are having some of my dress. And no peeking under it, James. You look like that type." She laughed at that comment.

Joan echoed the sentiment. "Oh, he is SO that type. You really helped make this event go over the top, Mary, thank you. Now, about this cake." she reached for a nice slab with plenty of icing, took a bite and waved the fork at Mary.

I grabbed a piece and headed off to a side with Joan. Several of the clients we knew stopped us and we exchanged pleasantries. Our planning, ideas and hard work were reaping the rewards. I spied Ms. Jenkins, Jane, in the corner observing and taking in the whole scene. I tapped Joan on the shoulder and we headed over.

"Hello James, Joan. the stars aligned for you two tonight. Absolutely amazing. People in the industry will be talking about tonight for years to come. Everyone will claim to have been here. Simple, yet so many unique parts. Well done. And the cake. Piece de Resistance." Joan beamed as she looked around the room.

I leaned to talk quietly to her. "You deserve at least some of the credit. Your support and faith in us made this happen. Thank you. We also have a little something for you. Joan, keep Ms. Jenkins company while I go get it." I left the two women at the standup table with their cake and headed to our office to retrieve the glass piece.

Returning, I saw that Jane and Joan were having a discussion and getting along quite well. I watched for a few moments, letting them have some time before I walked up with the box. "This is made by the same shop that made the gift for our bags, the glass sculpture. However, this is a limited edition. One of only two that we know of." Joan caught my comment and the corner of her mouth curled slightly. "For you from us." She didn't need to know that it was rolled into the expenses for the event. It is the thought that matters, right?

Jane cocked her head and took the box. "Very thoughtful, you two. I really am personally touched by this."

Oh, if she only knew how I interpreted those words.

She removed the lid slowly and undid the paper wrapping. Seeing what was inside, her eyes grew large and a smile spread across her face. "Lovely. This will be a perfect memento of the evening and a fine addition to my art collection. Thank you." She set the box down and proceeded to give each of us a hug.

"I see our guests are starting to go. I'm going to head up to the door and see them off, make sure the limos and photographers are in place." I turned.

"I'll come with you. Thank you again, Jane." Joan rushed to my side. "Nicely done, although you took a risk with that shared responsibility."

We arrived at the door. "It's what a team does." I waved goodnight to several of the clients as they headed out into the night. Smiles all around.

The remainder of the evening was spent clearing out the crowd, cleaning up some details, checking with the caterers, the band, the artists and models, collecting any items left behind and in general all the small details that amount to nearly as much work as the planning. Finally we were finished and ready to leave.

"Want to come back to my place?" Joan asked softly. "Jane told me that we should take tomorrow off. Completely."

"Let's grab our stuff. We can also lock the items we need to pick up later in the office. They said no rush to pick them up. But yes, I would very much like to go back to your place." I gathered up some of the detritus we had gathered from the event and headed down the hall.

"Hey, you two. Hold up a sec." Mary the cake model was walking toward us. I had to look twice, she had rinsed off the frosting and now wore shorts and a tshirt. "James, here is what you asked for. And I saved you a chunk of cake. I had so much fun. I hope we work together again. Hey, I hope we get to party together again. See you!" She put a plate and a small bag on top of the items I carried.

"That was nice." commented Joan. "What did you ask her for?"

"I'll show you in the office. Better yet. I will create some suspense. Show you when we get to your place."

I had told one of the limo drivers to swing back and wait for 'two stragglers'. Meaning Joan and me. We walked out and Joan was suitably impressed, the driver held the door as we slid into the back.

"Great finishing touch, Mr. Zinn. I am duly impressed. Your likelihood of getting laid tonight just increased tenfold." She tipped her head in a salute.

"Oh, I'm not too worried about that. It just seemed like the thing to do. We have these wonderful toys for the evening, why not play with them?" I poured two glasses of champagne and handed one to Joan as we cruised through the city. I had also told the driver that a long route was not a problem. We had a chance to marvel at the lights.

Joan sat close and moved into my side, enjoying the sights as well as savoring the events of the evening. "You certainly know how to show a girl a good time. Now, what's in the bag. I'm really curious to know. Can you tell me, please?" She dragged out the last word to emphasize her need to know.