A Place to Call Home

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When the gentleman realized he'd spent too much time admiring the view, he acting as if he'd been considering the question and ordered two more things. Suppressing a laugh, Alex had to admit that as a sales technique, it worked.

After the man left with his purchase and Wendy went back to her reading, Alex thanked Gloria for the cup of coffee and said she had to be going.

"Well it was nice meeting you and I hope we get the chance to chat a little more." Gloria said as the younger woman left.

Seeing as she would undoubtedly need things other than she had ordered, Alex was sure that they would.

After running a few more errands, Alex made her way back to Marilyn's house. The market analyst had just finished her day's work and insisted that Alex join her for lunch. The older woman was really going out of her way to make her newly hired help feel welcome.

"So what's the story with the Zalman's and that girl Wendy?" Alex asked halfway through lunch.

Marilyn stopped eating and put down her folk on the table. She thought about the question for a moment then said.

"Gloria Zalman is the best friend I have in this town."

"Oh I'm sorry," Alex quickly apologized, wondering if she might have just tossed away her new job. "It's really none of my business. I had no call asking anything like that."

"It's okay," Marilyn answered, "Someone as perceptive as yourself couldn't help but notice that there was something there. Since you'll have a lot of contact with the Zalman's while you're here you might as well know."

Alex put down her own folk to give Marilyn her full attention.

"You might not think it to look at him now, but Mike Zalman was quite the jock in his high school days, a star halfback on the football team during his senior year." she began. "Gloria was on the cheerleader squad. And as such things have a way of happening, Gloria and Mike became intimate, maybe getting just a little too careless one night. A wedding soon followed and seven months later a daughter as well. She's married herself now, with one baby and another on the way."

She paused to take a sip of her tea.

"And as happens to many couples who marry way too young, they changed and drifted apart. They have a child and grandchild in common, as well as their business. For them it's enough. As long as Mike doesn't flaunt his dalliances, Gloria is willing to let well enough alone. "

"I can't imagine myself in that position," Alex remarked. "Having your husband screwing around while you live a celibate life."

"I never said that." Marilyn laughed as she popped the last forkful into her mouth. "Gloria is a vital woman, with a woman's needs. She is quite capable of taking care of them on her own."

That statement made Alex wonder for a moment what Marilyn did about her own needs. Then she answered her own question thinking to herself that the woman on the other side of the table was more than capable as well.

The trial week passed quickly, as did the week after that. A third and fourth went just as fast as Alex occupied her time with one project after another.

"I can't believe how much you've gotten done in a month," Marilyn said as she stepped into the freshly painted room. "This place looks like you've had a small army working in here every day."

A paint splattered Alex, clad in a T-shirt and shorts dropped off the ladder on to the tarp she had spread on the wooden floor. She dropped the roller in her hand into the paint pan, then ran a blue spotted hand through her short hair.

"I'm glad you're happy with the job I'm doing." she smiled.

"Oh I'm more than happy," Marilyn said as she held out a cold glass of juice for Alex. "In fact, I'm beginning to dread the day you decide you've had enough of this place and take off. I'm going to have to hire a dozen people to take your place."

"Well I'm not at that point yet," Alex said, talking a long taste of the offering. "It's been a lot of fun working on this old house. It seems like I've barely been working on it a week."

"Well it's been four weeks," the older woman said. "More specifically, 28 days that you've worked almost non-stop."

"Well I get like that," she replied as she drained the glass. "I tend to get wrapped up in what I'm doing."

"I know that feeling all too well." Marilyn agreed. "So well that I think you should take a break from all this."

"And do what?" Alex said as she continued to clean up.

"Well there is a dance in town tonight at the VFW hall," Marilyn suggested. "I'm told they are a lot of fun."

"A VFW dance?" Alex repeated. "Thanks, but I think I'll pass."

"Are you sure?" Marilyn said. "Gloria told me that young man in her store, what was his name again, Billy Jack or ..."

"Billy John." Alex corrected.

"So you have noticed him." Marilyn smiled.

Billy John Fisher was the young man who had been delivering the supplies to the Crawford house. He wasn't that much brighter than his co-worker Wendy, but like her he hadn't been hired for his brains. The twenty-five year old had the body of a body-builder and was as cute as could be.

"Well, as I was saying, Gloria said that Billy John was going to the dance and had asked her if she knew if you were going as well. She then asked me and I said I would ask you."

"I sense a conspiracy here." Alex grinned.

"Just a desire to see you have a little fun." Marilyn countered.

Alex though about it a few moments. It had been a long time since she had actually gone out and had some fun. Taking a break and letting her hair down a little seemed like a pretty good idea.

"All right, you've talked me into it." Alex relented. "I'll go with you."

"That's great, but I'm not going," the black haired woman laughed. "The dance is for the under thirty crowd."

"I think I've been shanghaied." Alex laughed as well.

"Just enjoy the dance, sweetheart, the house will still be waiting for you tomorrow."

That night, Alex once more became Alexandra. Decked out in one of the few dresses in her travel bag, she was an awesome sight. The outfit was a bright red, with a hem short enough to show off her long legs, as well as low cut enough to display a nice set of breasts. No sooner had she made her entrance at the VFW Hall, than every unattached man in the place was asking her to dance. The brunette danced with a few of them, all the while searching the floor for Billy John.

She finally spotted him dancing on the other side of the hall with Wendy. Alexandra waited until the dance was over, then went up to him and said hello.

If Wendy had given her cold looks a month before when she'd first walked into Zalman's, they were friendly smiles compared to the one she gave her now. Wendy herself was dressed in an outfit that made Alex's look like a Nun's habit. You could see her nipples sticking right though the thin green material.

For the next two hours, Alex dominated Billy's time on the dance floor. Wendy tried to break back in a few times, then went off in search of other prey.

"What's say we get out of here." Alex whispered into Billy's ear as they danced.

Twenty minutes later, Billy and Alex were in the front seat of his truck, parked in the local lover's lane. Billy was stripped down to the waist, giving the short haired brunette full access to his well-developed pecs. She returned the favor, her dress down around her own waist and her mounds covered only by a simple bra.

They had been lip locked for the last ten minutes, their hands exploring each other's bodies. In her exploration, Alex found that the wetness she felt between her legs was mirrored by the hardness of Billy's cock beneath his pants. She directed his hands to her breasts, helping him when he had problems with the small clasp that held it together.

She closed her eyes as she felt his mouth close on her nipples. It had been far too long since she'd felt someone else's touch on her body. Billy might be a little short when it came to good conversation, but he did know how to make a girl feel good.

Alex reached down and undid the zipper of his pants, reaching inside and taking hold of his cock. Using a trick she had learned in high school that allowed her to make a quick measurement of a guys cock by using her hand, she judged Billy to be just under six inches long. Holding it tightly, she began to jerk him off.

"Oh baby," Billy moaned as her fingers slid up and down his cock, his mouth releasing its hold on her mounds.

What passed for a lover's lane outside of Danversville was actually pretty small. As a result, there were cars parked on both sides of Billy's four by four. Alex hadn't really paid any attention to them before, but the emergence of the full moon from behind the clouds produced enough light for her to now see into the car to their left. From the higher vantage point, the twenty-four year old had a front row seat to the action going on just a few feet away. To her surprise, the girl in the next car was Wendy.

Unable not to resist the urge to look, now that she recognized Wendy, Alex continued to play with Billy's cock while she watched her blond haired rival. Wendy and her partner were further along in their play, progressing to the point where she had his cock down her throat. It was obvious to the older girl that Wendy had a lot of practice at what she was doing.

So much so that her partner exploded into her mouth a moment later, continuing to do so as she pulled her head upward, splattering his come all over her face.

Alex had gotten so absorbed in what was happening in the car next to her, she almost didn't realize that Billy himself was about to climax. Turning her attention back to him, she sped up her ministrations and kissed him hard as his own orgasm splashed across her hand.

Billy groaned loudly as his cock emptied his seed. He had been using his own hand to try and bring Alex to orgasm as well, but had failed in his goal. With his own climax quickly subsiding, he lost all interest in trying to bring her off as well.

Billy John was silent all during the drive back to Marilyn's house. If the hunk's normal date conversation was spotty at best, his post-orgasmic patter was non-existent. Despite their intimacy of a brief time before, Alex just gave him a chaste kiss goodnight and sent him on his way.

It was just past midnight when she walked through the door, so the young woman took extra care not to make any noise loud enough to wake her host. A quick trip to the bathroom to wash up and take care of personal hygiene, then Alex was off to bed.

As she lay there beneath the sheet, Alex began to almost regret sending Billy home so soon. True, despite his really good looks he wasn't exactly what you might call great lover material, but he was still a hot bod and a hard cock. It had been two months since the last time she had been laid, the night she had spent with that cop back in Belltown. The memory of his cock deep inside of her sent Alex's hand down into her panties. Her fingers stroking her still damp pussy as they attempted to complete the job Bill had left unfinished. She played with herself for a few minutes, then gave up in frustration. The brief memories were too distant for her to really use as a springboard to orgasm. Deciding that tomorrow was indeed another day, she rolled over and drifted off to sleep.

"Oh baby!"

Alex's eyes opened hesitantly, trying to focus on the alarm clock on her night table. The red digits read one thirty-four. What was she doing awake, she asked herself.

"Oh yeah, baby, do it to me!"

At first, Alex had thought the voice she had heard had been part of a dream. This time, she immediately recognized it as belonging to Marilyn. Automatically, the young brunette turned her attention to the common wall that separated their bedrooms.

"That's it, lick me there, you know how much I love it."

Now fully awake, Alex sat up in bed as she realized that Marilyn had an overnight guest. Originally, Alex had moved into the small bedroom furthest from Marilyn's. Then last week she started fixing the cracks in that room and had moved to this one.

"Oh God!" came the voice through the wall.

"These walls are thinner than I thought." Alex thought as she listened to the sounds of lovemaking from Marilyn's room. "Those old Victorians must've been real quiet lovers."

Thoughts of the house's original occupants quickly vanished as Marilyn's voice and the rocking of her bed became louder and faster.

"Damn, he must be driving her up the wall." Alex said to herself as she imagined the forty-two year old spread out on the bed, enjoying an oral massage on her clit. "No wonder Marilyn wanted me to go out tonight."

Alex knew there was no way she was going back to sleep, this was already too exciting. The brunette found herself running her hands over her breasts, playing with her nipples. She couldn't believe how very excited she was getting just by listening to the two of them. Who needed faded memories of Belltown when she had this going on just next door.

Grabbing both of her large mounds and squeezing them tightly, the younger woman also felt a bit of envy. It was obvious from her reactions that Marilyn had a first class pussy-licker in there. That was a rare commodity as few guys she knew wanted to spend any more time down there that they didn't have to. Usually it was just enough to get her wet and then get their cocks up inside her. And in her case, that took no time at all.

Alex glanced back at the clock and realized that Marilyn's friend had been going down on her for a quarter hour now. At least it had been that long since Alex had woken up to the sound of it. That was at least twice the time any of her recent lovers had spent, and from the sound of the couple in the next room, they showed no signs of stopping soon.

The twenty-four year old reached down between her legs and found her pussy soaked from the excitement. She slid two fingers inside herself and leaned back on her pillow. In and out she began to move her fingers, using her other hand to still massage her breasts. Her darting tongue continued to rub along her lips, as if she were kissing a phantom lover.

It wasn't long before Alex matched her gyrations to the sounds of the creaking bed in the room next door. She could imagine herself in Marilyn's place, a wet mouth pressed hard against her pussy. Marilyn's moans through the wall grew louder and louder, signaling her approaching orgasm. Alex had a late start but wasn't far behind.

'Oh yes, oh God baby, yes!" Alex heard Marilyn call out as her lover brought her to climax.

Whatever came next was drowned out by the roar of her own orgasm as it ripped across her body. Alex gritted her teeth tightly to keep it a silent one, thinking she would never live down the mortification if Marilyn and her date heard her. If they knew she was masturbating while listening to their lovemaking.

The sudden explosion from her loins drained whatever energy her brief sleep had restored to her body. It had been good, Alex admitted, but now she was more than exhausted. This more than made up for the disappointing night with Billy.

The sounds from the next room had stopped for the moment. Either they were done or just gearing up for round two. Whichever it was, they would do it without an audience this time. Alex closed her eyes, not to open them again until the morning.

"Thank you, Marilyn." she said to herself as she felt sleep overtaking her like a comforting blanket.

Alex heard voices in the living room as she came down the steps from the second floor early the next morning. Evidently Marilyn was saying goodbye to her guest. The short haired brunette paused for a moment, wondering if she should go back upstairs until he had left. But her curiosity was overwhelming. She had to see what he looked like. To see what Marilyn's type was.

Alex stepped into the living room just in time to see Marilyn, who was wearing a short bathrobe, kissing her lover goodbye. From her vantage point, she couldn't see much other than the dark haired woman's back. The large potted plants blocked her lover. Alex couldn't tell if he was tall or short, or even young or old.

Whatever his age, the goodbye kiss he was giving her was obviously a lot better than the one Alex had gotten from Billy. Consumed even more with curiosity, the younger woman moved out into the center of the room to try and get a better look. Finally their kiss broke and Marilyn stepped back enough for Alex to get a clear look.

'Omigod!" Alex gasped. "He was a she!"

And not just a she, her mind registered a second later. It was Gloria Zalman!

There was no mistaking her, not with those large oversized breasts and flaming red hair that Alex had seen on so many trips to the hardware store. The two women kissed one last time before Gloria disappeared out the door.

Alex stood there dumbfounded as Marilyn watched her lover walk down the path to the carport. She didn't even react to Alex's presence until she closed the door and turned all the way around to see her standing there in the middle of the room. If was obvious she had been standing there all the while.

"I guess I probably should've mentioned this before," Marilyn said in a half smile. "I hope it's not going to be a problem."

Marilyn had already made breakfast so the two of them moved to the kitchen. They ate wordlessly, simply because neither of them really knew what to say.

"Have you and Gloria been together long?" Alex finally broke the silence.

"Just a few months. actually." she answered.

"It must feel so nice to be in love." Alex smiled.

"Well, I wouldn't really say Gloria and I are in love," Marilyn said. "Don't get me wrong, I love Gloria, I really do. I think she's the dearest, sweetest friend I've had in a long time. But to be honest, I'd have to say what we share is really just recreational sex. Just two friends taking care of each other's needs. It's been ages since I could say I've been in love."

"Recreational sex ..." Alex repeated. "Okay, I can understand that."

"We just get together once in a while and have a little fun," Marilyn added. "Nothing serious. In fact, Gloria even told me she's also seeing someone else, but won't say who."

"Well as long as that doesn't bother you." Alex said.

"Have you ever done it?" Marilyn asked out of curiosity.

"Recreational sex?" Alex replied. "Of course. With my lifestyle it's about the only sex I really have. I never really stay in one place long enough to get into a serious relationship."

"I mean with another woman?" the dark haired woman corrected her question.

"Oh," Alex replied, then seemed to pause a few moments as if she was deciding if she really wanted to answer the question. "Yeah, I've been there. Once during my year of college, just to see what all the fuss was about. Then there was a woman I met when my car broke down in New Mexico."

For a brief second, Alex could see the face of the woman in New Mexico in her mind's eye. Her name was Linda Baker. She was older, just about Marilyn's age, with dark curly red hair. What the younger girl left out of her answer was that even after her car had been fixed, she'd stayed in the small town for two weeks, sharing the woman's bed every night.

"Did you enjoy it?"

"What?" Alex asked as she snapped back from her brief foray into her memory.

"I asked if you enjoyed it?"

"If was different," Alex said, the image of a moment ago reappearing. "Yes, I'd have to say I did."

Marilyn smiled and seemed about to say something else. Instead, she tossed the last of her eggs into her mouth, then excused herself, saying she had some work to do. Alex said she had to head over to the hardware store to pick up the new molding she had ordered.

"Good Morning," Alex smiled as she walked up to the counter at Zalman's hardware. "Did the molding I ordered come in?"