A Promise Kept Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

~~~~~~

"Hi, baby," Kara brightly smiled, the moment I stepped through the door, "I missed you," and then noticing that I was a little distracted, she took my hand and asked, "Something's wrong, Michael. What is it, my love?"

I sat her down and told her what had happened with Jenny at the Doctor's office, and then I explained that Jenny wanted to see Doctor Hammond alone. I told Kara that I had no problem with it, but I also informed her about how weird Jenny was acting after she'd visited with Doctor Hammond, at length. And also what took place on the back to dropping her off at her house.

"Hmmm," Kara suspiciously replied, "That sounds a little fishy to me."

"Sorry, but I couldn't help but overhear, guys," Jayne suddenly said, appearing from the kitchen, "And it sounds to me like she's had an abortion, Michael."

"Surely not," I said, looking like I'd seen a ghost, "She wouldn't do that without consulting me...would she?"

"She doesn't need your permission to do something like that, Michael," Kara told me, "I'm not saying that it's right, but that's just the way it is, honey."

"I don't give a shit how it is, I said, picking up the phone and dialing Jenny's phone number, "I'm going to get to the bottom of this right now..."

~~~~~~

The moment she answered the phone I could tell that I woken Jenny up from sleeping. I didn't care, because I wanted to know

"Tell me, Jenny," I asked, once she'd admitted to me what she'd done, "You didn't have to do it...why did you...why? You didn't even ask me, you just did it, why?

"I'm really sorry that I did this," she bitterly wept, "And I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me one day."

"I was wrong about you," I coldly, as well as emotionlessly replied, "I guess that now you really do know what's it's like to kill someone...don't you?" and then I hung the phone up, and walked away.

"Michael, honey," Kara asked, alarmed, "Are you alright, baby?"

"I need to be alone for a while, baby," I said, feeling like I'd just been kicked in the gut, "It's not you, Kara, but I need to be alone for a little while...I'll be back, I love you," and then I got back into my car, and backed out of the driveway and just took off..."

The Beginning

...to be continued