A Proper Scottish Wife Ch. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Having promised Isobel he would show her other positions offering a semblance of less restriction, Frang lay behind her on the bed and fucked her from the rear, then facing her. He brought her to an orgasm in each position before moving to the next. Her overall sensitivity and the constant stimulation making it relatively easy to bring her to each new release. He climaxed again while he knelt on the bed and she sat on his legs and bounced up and down on his cock with her legs hooked around him. Frang enjoyed this position a lot despite the minor discomfort as he could enjoy the face to face contact. He could kiss her face, her neck, even her breasts if she leaned back a little. Or their fronts could be mashed up against each other, her soft breasts rubbing against his chest in the most delightful way. Isobel could tolerate it because despite their closeness, her back was open and she didn't feel like she was trapped between him and the bed.

"That might have done it for me," Frang said, his cock rapidly shrinking and falling from her body after expelling his sperm this last time. "I'm sure I'll need until the evening to ready myself for more sex."

"Frang, we still have another sausage. Even if you can't do your husbandly duties," she said, holding the meat up, "I'm sure this may serve in your stead."

"So, my Love. You've enjoyed our little games this morning?" He asked, snatching the offending sausage from her hand and taking a big bite. "I myself, need more sustenance," he said, between chews. "I've not worked this hard for months. It's nearly lunch time and I'm starving. Man cannot live on sex alone."

"Aye. So this is what it's supposed to be between man and wife?" Isobel said. She kissed him. "I wish I'd not wasted so much of my life in that awful relationship. I shall have to properly reward you for saving me from McTavish."

"If your idea of reward is more of the same we've been doing, it still has to wait until I've regained my strength..."

Any more he might have said was interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Aye, what is it?" Frang asked.

"It's Bjarkë, Frang. Stuart and Ailene just arrived with news from the Keep. I believe you should hear it."

Frang and Isobel looked at each other. They'd just left there. What could have happened in so short a time?

"We'll be right down, Bjarkë. Offer them food and drink. After we're dressed, we'll come downstairs."

"Aye. I'm happy to see you're taking care of the lass," Bjarkë said. "I hope she's walking bow legged when I see her."

"Bjarkë!" Isobel exclaimed. "How can you say such a thing?"

"It's about time you knew how it can be between a man and woman, Lady Isobel. I was certain Frang was the right man for the job."

Isobel giggled. "I suppose he was at that. I shall try not to disappoint, even though I should imagine I will shock Ailene if I come down walking that way."

"I doubt you'll shock her too much," Bjarkê laughed. "I've heard she walked much the same way for the first week after she married Stuart."

"Maybe she'll understand how I feel. It's like I found something new to play with," Isobel said.

Frang interrupted. "Thank you, Bjarkë. We'll be down shortly," Frang said.

Dipping the cloth in the cold bath water, Frang washed the remnants of their passion from himself and Isobel. When done, he held her briefly, kissing her, feeling stirrings in his cock even now. Isobel felt it too, and they both looked down at his rising member.

"To be continued, my wife."

"I'm looking forward to it, husband," Isobel said. "It's the first time I've ever said that and wanted it to be true. My husband. Please, Frang; never do anything to make me regret those words."

"I shall endeavor to always be the person you're proud to call husband, my Lady."

******

They swiftly dressed and descended down the stairs, Isobel holding Frang's hand as they went. Bjarkê was waiting for them at the bottom of the steps and directed them into the parlor, posting guards at the door after they entered with orders they weren't to be disturbed for anything less than an emergency. Isobel immediately left Frang's arm to hug Stuart, then Ailene.

Ailene whispered, "You're positively glowing, Isobel. Is it the baby or something else?"

"I dare say it's something else," Isobel responded. "I took your advice and it has exceeded my expectations in unexpected ways."

"I'm happy for you," Ailene said, kissing her on the cheek. "You truly are my sister now."

Aloud, Isobel said, "Welcome to Lady Luck Farms. Bjarkë said you come bearing news. It must be important to bring you so quickly after our last parting."

"We're sorry, but yes," Ailene answered. "Bad news. Frang, we now know your father, Jamison, was poisoned, by the man who brought him his warm milk each evening, at Blackthorne's instigation."

They saw how quickly Frang's face grew red and he said, "The man won't be alive for long, if you haven't already killed him."

"Blackthorne killed him after the deed was done and he'd left the Keep," Stuart said. "He didn't want any witnesses to his part in it. We also found Màiri."

"Where was she?" Isobel asked. "Is she well or had she turned to prostitution as you feared?"

"Worse," Ailene said. "She's dead. Tortured near to death. She said before her death she was tortured by Blackthorne. What he'd done to her was the most horrible thing I'd ever witnessed. She'd been horribly disfigured, almost all of her was covered in cuts, bruises or burns. Broken bones unset, dislocated joints, breasts and nose removed, raped by some object I can't even begin to describe it did so much damage to her."

With the beginning of Ailene's description, Isobel's hand went to her mouth and with every additional word, tears began to flow down her cheeks, amazed so monstrous a thing could have been done to a poor innocent girl. Ailene was crying too, by the time she finished, reliving again what she'd seen and had indelibly printed on her mind. When she finished, they were hugging, sobbing aloud, both of them imagining the horror of it.

"It was that bad?" Frang softly asked Stuart.

"I've never seen a body so mangled and hurt before," Stuart replied. "Near everyone who saw her immediately vomited. Most could not look on her. She was subjected to the torments of the damned."

"Christ!" Frang exclaimed.

"The worst of it is not what was done to her," Stuart told him, "it's what was threatened to every female we hold dear. Màiri said he hated the Cameron women even more than the men and they could all expect worse if taken by Blackthorne. I don't know what our wives ever did to earn such enmity, but we must absolutely protect our women or we will find them forced to suffer a worse fate than Màiri did. You must constantly be on your guard, now we know the lengths Blackthorne's prepared to go. Tis the reason I came with Ailene. She wants to finish her training with you. She vows she'll make sure she's killed before she ever allows herself to be captured. Thorburn agreed with her. Said it would be better she died in combat than ever taken alive. Brother, I'm depending on you to make her the deadliest woman in Scotland. I'll not see her turned into a piece of meat like Màiri."

"Aye, we'll start tomorrow. In a month, you'll not be able to best her. I'll start doing Isobel more intensely as well. I wish now she wasn't pregnant. It will be harder to do."

"I hope so. I hate to leave Ailene here, but Bjarkë's been told to increase training as well and we're leaving five more men here we trust with high skills. You may want to use them as a personal guard around our wives; them and whoever else you trust with the task. Thorburn's sent for others he trusts. Bjarkë will do the same; perhaps family we haven't seen in years. Blackthorne's already shown an ability to poison our father with a trusted servant. I imagine he's got some here and more in the Keep. We're trying to stick with those men who've fought with Thorburn and Bjarkë, or those who've been with us for many years. If I were you, I'd send everyone you're suspicious of packing. I no longer think it's safe trying to ply Blackthorne with trickery and false information. We didn't know to what extent he'd go. We do now. If you think someone's spying on you, they probably are and you need to get rid of them."

"Wise words, Stuart. I'll do as you suggest. I'll meet with Mr. Craig, McTeague, and Isobel and start to weed some out."

"I can't believe this. Our father dead because of that man; a wee maid who never harmed anyone tortured to death. There's something wrong with him. Why? Is all this because he wants our lands? If so, why does he hate the women so much? None of this makes much sense."

"What are you two talking all serious about?" Ailene asked, coming up to them with Isobel, her eyes still red from crying.

"There seems to be no purpose to what Blackthorne's doing," Frang said. "We don't understand why he hates you women so."

Isobel came up and put her arms around Frang's arm, hugging him to her.

"I'm glad to see you two are doing okay," Stuart said. "You're going to need each other."

Isobel looked up at Frang and kissed his cheek. "I was surprised as well. I did not anticipate my happiness."

"I thought Frang would be a good match for you," Ailene said. "He's unusually kind and quite the joker. He always managed to put a smile on my face. You needed someone lighthearted and funny after dour McTavish. Did Stuart explain why I've come?"

"He said you wanted to finish your training," Frang said. "I will be working very hard with both you and Isobel to perfect your blade skills. Tis the only reason I wish Isobel was not pregnant now as I won't be able to push her as hard. One point in her advantage is she retreats better than anyone I know. It's hard for anyone to get behind her."

"I'd best be going," Stuart said. "Thorburn is away to inform Màiri's parents of her death. I should get back to the Keep. Take care of my wife, Frang, as well as your own. Mind what I said. Be careful who you trust."

"I'll protect them both with my life," Frang replied. "I'd not let the least thing happen to either."

Ailene threw her arms around Stuart and gave him the biggest kiss she could. "I'll miss you, husband. Be careful and follow your own advice. Be careful who you trust. Muiríol, Jinny and the cook are the only ones I'm certain of from the household staff. Most of the others joined us since our troubles with Blackthorne began. Most are probably trustworthy since we care for them well, but maybe not all."

"We'll be looking for any signs of deceit or spying. Good bye, dear heart."

Stuart squeezed her hard, then Isobel and Frang. He went outside with the others trailing behind and mounted his horse. The others returning to the Keep mounted and they took off down the road. Stuart left the road as soon as they were out of sight, returning home by a different route than the one they came on.

******

Thorburn rode up to Màiri's family cottage around noon. Her parents, Rupert and Bess, and brother, Rob, were preparing to eat and invited Thorburn to eat with them, though they didn't have enough to feed all the men riding with him.

"I have some bad news about Màiri," he said. "You may not want to eat after you hear."

"You found her," Bess asked. "Is she dead then?"

"Aye, though she was barely alive when she was found, late last night. Ailene did all she could to save the poor lass, but to no avail. She passed before dawn this morning. Perhaps it was for the best," Thorburn said. "She'd been badly tortured. Her body and face was mutilated almost beyond recognition. We weren't sure it was her until she regained consciousness and told Ailene who she was."

Bess had her hand over her mouth, tears slowly trailing down her wrinkled, care worn face. "My poor baby girl," she said, choking. Rob stared down at his plate, trying to hold in his pain.

"Who done it to her?" Rupert asked.

"She said Blackthorne," Thorburn replied. "She stopped there seeking employment after she was sent home. When he found out she came from the Keep, he kept her; did all those things to her. I'm sorry. We believe it was because she might have information about us that she was kept and tortured."

"Aye, I know the hatred exists between you Camerons and Blackthorne. It don't surprise me none he would have done it. But it warn't you, it was him. She shouldn't have stolen from you. I don't blame you for letting her go. I know you've tried to get her back, done all you could for my son and us. I hold that bastard responsible."

"I wouldn't have released her from service, but I wasn't there. Ailene didn't know any better. It's one of the things we can't figure out," Thorburn said. "Màiri said before she died that Blackthorne hates the Cameron women even more than the men. She said worse would happen to them than her if they were ever captured. There were no Cameron women before the first of the year when Stuart married Ailene. Why would he hate them so?"

"I don't know the full of it," the father said, "but there was some trouble between Jamison and Blackthorne over some woman long ago. I suspect it's behind the hatred."

"But you don't know what it was?" Thorburn asked.

"Nay, only that it was over some woman," he replied. "Someone else may know the full story, perhaps some old timer in Dervaig."

"I know Màiri is your daughter and you may wish to bury her with other family members, but I'd ask you let us keep the body for now. We're reporting the crime to the magistrate in Dervaig on market day. The injuries she sustained might do a lot to bring Blackthorne to justice. We can bury her afterward if you wish or we'll return her body here. I recommend you don't view the body. I've never seen such horrible injuries."

"I wish it possible to remember her the way I last saw her, but I do her no justice as her father if I don't acknowledge her death. If it be all the same to you, I'll return with you now, note the manner of her death, and pay my last respects."

"Aye, you're welcome to ride with us. Do you have a horse?"

"I had to sell it a few months ago to pay for doctors."

"If you ride with one of my guards, I'll send you back with another horse."

"Thank you, Laird Cameron."

"While you're all here together, I would ask if you'd care to move to the Keep. I know your son still needs medical care. Ailene might be able to help with some direction from the doctor. I'm sure we can use you in some capacity, perhaps mending harness or sharpening weapons."

Rupert glanced at his wife. "We'll discuss it, Laird, and give you an answer at another time. We appreciate your offer. It's most generous."

"We need to get back," Thorburn said. "I don't like being away from the Keep with such a small force anymore. I know Blackthorne will stop at nothing. We need to move."

"Give me a few minutes to gather some things. I'll be with you shortly."

He grabbed a bag and went about the small house getting items, including a dress. It surprised Thorburn until he realized it might be something he wished Màiri to be buried in. His wife sat on her low chair, grieving for her dead daughter, her son holding her close in comfort. Thorburn was sick to see the pain he'd brought to the family.

He spoke softly to the man who would be sharing his mount with Rupert. "Stay near me, Grant. I'll defend this man with my life if need be. I'll not send another dead body home to his family."

"Aye, Lord," Grant acknowledged.

The trip back was conducted mostly in silence, moving swiftly along smaller paths and off the roads. Thorburn no longer trusted the main roads, assuming all of them to and from the Keep were watched with possible ambush points set up. For the most part, Rupert was quiet, lost in his own thoughts. When they arrived at the Keep, Thorburn led him to the chapel. Thorburn waited at the back as he went up to view his daughter's quiet form. He pulled back the cloak and when he saw her ravaged body, his face grew ruddy in anger. He noted every scar, every burn and cut, memorizing every horrible thing done to her, then covered her up again. Rupert bowed his head in silent prayer, crossed himself and headed out the door, nearly stumbling, blinded by tears. He was a broken man, appearing ten years older than when Thorburn first saw him today. He put his hand on Rupert's shoulder and squeezed hard.

"I brung a dress for her and a cross necklace. If your women could dress her, I'd be grateful," Rupert said, head lowered.

"Of course, Rupert. I'm sorry you had to see that."

"No father should ever have to witness what was done to my baby girl. You'll see justice done for my Màiri, Laird?"

"It's my intent. The devil's a danger to all whom I love and hold dear."

"Aye. Never let him get his hands on your women; you hear me?"

"I'll protect them the best I can."

Rupert nodded. "If I could trouble you for the horse, I'll be on my way home again."

"It's late. Are you sure you'd not stay the night?"

"I couldn't leave Bess alone this night of all nights. I must comfort her as best I can, though that be little enough, I'm sure."

"I can send riders with you."

"No one will bother a poor, old, broken down man if he's not in the company of a Cameron, not even Blackthorne. The use of a horse is sufficient, Laird."

"We think the Keep is watched. I'd like to have someone lead you through the woods to the road farther from the Keep. Anyone seen leaving might otherwise be at risk."

"Aye. I can accept that."

Thorburn saw to the provision of a horse with sufficient food for the next few days. One of his canniest woodsman led Rupert into the woods. Thorburn watched him go.

******