A Prophecy of Tainted Silver Ch. 04

Story Info
Mels, Christi, and Aylala search for knowledge.
6.2k words
4.89
719
1
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 4 - A Glance of the Other Side

Rickard demanded Mels' full attention, even with Crystal nude, in his arms and pressing her body against him. In fact, the whole party seemed to be entranced with the mysterious Argentsori. He made no noise, and the only movement was the subtle rising and falling of his rusted breastplate, along with his sculpted abdomen, tracking his breathing. Even more noteworthy, however, was the intense wave of Holy magic radiating from him like a roaring furnace. 

All he did was stare back.

"Psst!" Ezzi whispered, tugging at Mels' cape. "Hey Mels! Who's the hunk?"

"What?" Mels whispered back. "Why would I know him?"

"What do you mean, he's dressed exactly like you!"

"She's not wrong," Crystal whispered to Mels. "He's, like, one of the Argentsori, right?"

Well, he's certainly dressed like one, he thought, knowing of one infamously absent member of the small council. Though he - along with most of the House - only heard vague rumors of their identity. 

"If you're done whispering about me," Rickard said, speaking up, "I suggest you all leave." With that, he turned and walked into the garden.

"Wait!" Mels called out, letting go of Crystal to chase after him. He took a few steps before he realized he had stepped on Crystal's ripped clothes, as well as discarded staff. Confused, he looked up to the mage, only to see her shifting back and forth on her feet, giving her enormous bust a subtle bounce, as she stared off into space, without a care in the world.

Christi? He called out to her in his mind, but she did not seem to notice. He felt a faint light, deep within her, that he was certain was his lover, but it seemed to be unresponsive.

Then he took notice of her wide purple eyes, and sighed.

"Crystal?" he said out loud.

"Yes, daddy?" she responded instantly. Mels noticed that behind her, Vai was holding back a laugh, but he ignored her.

"Is Christi alright?" he asked, adjusting himself to the complexity of her dual personalities.

"Hm? Oh yeah, she's fine," she said cheerfully. "She had, like, some super long explanation about magic wells or whatever, but long story short, she just needs to rest for a little bit." She skipped up to embrace Mels, to hug him again. "Which means we get to spend some quality time together, Melsie-poo!"

Vai couldn't help herself, as she burst into laughter. Besides them, Corbas and Ezzi could only give empathetic looks at the mildly embarrassed Mels. 

He wanted to question Crystal further, but he was fully aware that Rickard was getting further away. And so he took a deep breath, told himself that Christi had everything under control, and stepped out of Crystal's hug.

"That's wonderful, and all," Mels said, "but we need to talk to Rickard about this place, and he's getting away." He then turned to the kobolds and holstaur. "We're going to follow him, and try and get his help. Crystal, mend your clothes, quickly."

"Awww," Crystal whined, picking up her staff. "Do I have to? Wouldn't you much prefer your babygirl like this?" In an attempt to persuade him, she placed her staff in her cleavage and pressed her breasts around it, creating an enticing fleshy prison.

"She makes a compelling argument, Melsie," Vai said, now back to riding Corbas, with Ezzi right behind her. She bore all her teeth in an enormous smirk.

Mels looked back to Crystal, who was still doing her demonstration. He rolled his eyes. "Just mend your clothes," he commanded. She pouted at him as he raced back into the garden.

Mels continued straight on through the foliage. "Rickard!" he called out, though he didn't receive a response. He heard Crystal and the others conversing behind him, but he ignored them and continued his search.

"I told you and your friends to leave," Rickard's disembodied voice echoed throughout the garden.

"Not before you tell me what you're doing here!" Mels called back. He realized that he was wandering aimlessly through the garden, but at the very least, Rickard was responding. 

Mels continued walking forward, trying to listen for Rickard's voice, when he was suddenly met with a blade against his exposed abdomen. Mels froze as Rickard seemed to melt out of the shadows, at this point Mels realized the Argentsori stood a couple inches taller than him.

"You forget your place, Blade," Rickard said coldly, "By what right do you think you can demand answers from me?" Rickard stepped forward, his sword continuing to poke at Mels' skin, who stepped back to avoid being stabbed. 

Mels said nothing, but he looked up straight into Rickard's dark eyes, unintimidated, as he heard the rest of the party approaching from behind. 

"Hmph!" Crystal said, standing by Mels' side, with her clothes back on. "I didn't realize you were such a big, ol' jerk!"

Rickard glanced at her for a moment, before turning back to Mels. "Has she been corrupted?"

"It's complicated," Mels responded, "Would you mind removing your sword from my stomach?"

Distressingly, Rickard waited a few moments before doing so, continuing to study Mels closely. He continued to stare down at the Blade while he addressed Crystal. "Mage, what is your purpose here?"

Crystal grabbed onto Mels' arms. "My name is Crystal," she said in a bratty tone, "And why should I tell you, after threatening Melsie? Like, you wouldn't tell us why you're here!"

"So you do remember why you're here," Rickard said, his voice slowly losing its hostility. "Despite your... current state."

"And what's that supposed to mean?!"

"Crystal, it's alright," Mels interrupted, "You can tell him. I suspect we're here for the same reason."

Crystal looked into Mels' eyes as she held onto his arm more tightly. She nodded meekly, before turning back to Rickard.

"We came here for research on the Eye of Xoan," she said, "You know how all the details about it are super vague and stuff? Well we were hoping the library here would tell us more about it."

"I see," Rickard said, before pointing to the poly-couple behind them. "And they led you here?"

"Yes, we did," Vai snarked before Crystal could answer. "Thank you, by the way, for finally acknowledging our existence."

Rickard then proceeded to study them, from Vai's brashness, to Ezzi's blatant gazing, to Corbas shyly covering his eyes with his long bunny ears. After one more glance over the entire party, he sighed, and returned his sword to his back.

"Forgive me for my antagonism," he said in a surprisingly soft, deep voice. "As an Argentsori, I should be more disciplined. But I did mean it when I suggested you should leave. It's not safe here."

"I think that's quite obvious, Rickard," Vai said sarcastically, "But we're not as fragile as you think."

"Well, maybe Corbas is," Ezzi commented.

"Ezzi, please."

"Regardless," Rickard responded, "Crystal, Melsie-"

"It's Mels, actually," Mels corrected, mildly embarrassed.

Rickard nodded, "Crystal, Mels, as members of the House, even without prior knowledge, you should have not taken them into such a dangerous place."

"You're not going to guilt us into retreating," Mels said defiantly, "We've already come this far on the House's behalf, and we're not going to give up now." Subconsciously, Mels took note of the growing fire of Holy magic within him, as well as the arousal emanating from Crystal.

Rickard paused, once again studying Mels' fierce eyes, before giving him a small smile. "I know you have no reason to believe me," Rickard began, "but I do appreciate your resolve. Even still, that's not your decision to make." He then turned to Crystal. "Mage, are you and your party determined to continue on?"

Crystal, in an attempt to intimidate, summoned her staff into her hand and jabbed it into the ground. The action unintentionally caused her enormous bust to bounce slightly in her top. Nevertheless, she said, "Obviously, we are," with certainty and determination.

Rickard nodded, "Very well. Then let's go forward as allies," he said as he quickly turned around and began to walk to the garden's edge. Mels was a bit reluctant to follow, but Crystal took his hand and pulled him along, as Corbas, Ezzi, and Vai followed behind him. With the tension gone, he fully appreciated the intense magical energy radiating from Rickard. Despite his  hesitancy to follow, Mels couldn't ignore just how powerful Rickard clearly was, and how valuable his help would be.

Just as they exited the garden onto the stone path surrounding it, Ezzi gasped deeply. "Hey wait a minute!" Ezzi suddenly blurted out, catching everyone off guard. "You still haven't told us why you're here!"

All eyes turned to Rickard, who, for the first time since they met him, seemed a little shy. Even Corbas was curious enough to meet the Argentsori's eyes for a moment. 

Rickard sighed. "Unfortunately, I can't reveal that," he said simply, "A personal request from the Mother."

"What mother?" Vai questioned.

"Mother Madelyne," Mels answered, "Leader of the House. I assume all of the Argentsori received personal quests from her?"

Rickard nodded. 

"And it's just a big co-, coince-, umm, a big accident that you happened to be here at the same time we are?" Crystal questioned.

"It would seem so," Rickard said before turning back and continuing on, passing through a new entrance back into the manor.

Strangely, as they continued to walk through the mansion, Mels felt Rickard's magic grew even more intense. At first, he speculated it was to counter any traps they might encounter, as the whole party strolled through the estate casually without any sign of danger. But even in doing so, it felt as though Rickard had a raging wildfire within him, lashing out at anything that might pry at his mind. A strong contrast to Crystal's own well of Holy magic, which welcomed him and soothed his anxious mind like a hot spring. As her mind returned, replayed the night of her graduation, which succeeded in comforting - and arousing - them both.

Still, Mels couldn't help but be slightly on edge. Even as they traveled through the haunting, destroyed halls of the manor, the whole party seemed at ease. The kobolds and the holstaur were engaged in casual conversation, seemingly forgetting about the danger the manor posed. Crystal also chatted with him, in her iconic, ditzy voice.

"So like, what do you think Rickard's secret quest is?" she whispered to him as if it was a forbidden topic.

Mels took a moment to answer, admittedly distracted by his own speculation. "I'm not sure," he said, looking into her purple eyes.

"Aw come on," she said, pressing her arm into her cleavage. "You're like, super smart, I bet you could figure it out."

The compliment was appreciated, but as Mels drank in the admiration in her eyes, he felt a tad exasperated. He did his best to not let Rickard's question about her corruption bother him, but as Crystal rambled on about her own speculations, he felt a small part of himself hoping that Christi would return soon.

The party ventured on for several more minutes, not encountering a single trap, before stopping before a set of closed double doors. 

"Stop," Rickard commanded, and as it was the first time he had spoken for quite a while, everyone obeyed. He stepped forward and placed a hand onto the doors. They remained there only for a moment as Mels felt as though a heat wave filled the hallway in an instant, then gone as quickly..

"We're safe," Rickard said, before pushing the doors open. Behind was the fabled and elusive library of the manor. As the party entered, Mels took note of the fact it was, almost certainly, the most intact room in the entire house. It was as large as a ballroom, its ceiling high above them. Shelves reached up to the ceiling, filled to bursting with books, varied in their condition, with long tables sitting between them. A golden chandelier hung high above the main room, bathing the room in warm light as a blanket of darkness filled the long windows. The last noticeable feature of the room were the recognizable sets of slutty armor peppered throughout the hall.

Everyone looked around in admiration, but Mels' eyes soon fell on Rickard, whose own gaze seemed to be more... pitiful? He couldn't find a word for it, but as soon his eyes met the Argentsori's, his expression returned to one of cold determination.

"We shouldn't be here long," Rickard said, "Let's grab what we can and leave."

"You're kidding, right?" Vai said, still looking around them. "There's so much here! It'll take us several hours to get through even a quarter of these!"

"I know," Rickard started, "but even still-"

"I'm sorry Rickard," Mels interrupted, "But this is exactly what we came here for. We can't leave until we find what we need."

Rickard stuttered, trying to find a proper response. He looked as though he was about to ask Crystal for her input, but instead he sighed, and removed his cape, hanging it on the back of a chair. Ezzi whistled as his hardened biceps were exposed. 

"Then let us get started," he said, grabbing the nearest book and reading through it.

"Pffsh!" Crystal scoffed, "That all?" With a flourish, she waved her staff over her head, as several random books were lifted off the shelves and placed onto the table. It was then Mels felt a bit overwhelmed, a feeling that caused Crystal to immediately latch onto him.

"Need some help, Melsie?" she asked in a husky voice. 

"I thought you already were," he said, as he watched the kobolds and the holstaur collect books as well.

"Noooo," she whined, "I mean like-" and she opened her mouth and pointed inside it.

"Oh," Mels said. Then his eyes widened. "Oh! Really, with everyone here?"

"Why not?" She said, pressing her breasts against his side, "Reading super complicated books is more, like, Christi's thing. And anyways, I'm not embarrassed. Are you embarrassed? Because I'm not!"

He glanced at the poly-couple and Rickard before he looked back into her begging eyes. He smiled, rolling his eyes.

"If you insist," he said, smirking at her.

"Yay! Thank you!" She said, pecking his cheek. She then eagerly crawled underneath the table, turned to face Mels, and waited with her mouth open. Rickard noticed, and looked up at Mels as he approached the table, taking off his own cape.

"Jealous?" Mels said playfully as he sat down, in an attempt to hide his embarrassment.

Rickard smiled. " 'Jealous' is the wrong word I think," he responded before returning to his book. Mels began his own studies as he felt Crystal's hands pull down his shorts and loincloth, and soon the room was filled with both the subtle sounds of turning pages and her wet lips around his cock.

***

Aylala the owlith looked down to see her visage projected against the reflection of the night sky. Her image portrayed an expression both of determination and deep ponderance. It wavered as her skiff floated slowly across the water.

She sighed to herself. Even the river doesn't want me back. She stood up and walked a short distance to the wheel of her boat, and steadied the skiff. It continued to float lazily down a river, which brightly reflected the night sky despite overwise being surrounded in utter darkness. It weaved its way deep underground, so deep there was not even the hint of a breeze. Yet in spite of them, the sails of Aylala's skiff were able to carry the boat across the River of Night. Glowing specks of dust hung in the air, seemingly emitting their own heat like tiny stars, and glowing fetchingly against Ayala's fur and feathers. 

In spite of the beauty of this mystical river, Aylala knew not to let her guard down. She was only about an hour's travel from porting in Phyylis, the ancient kingdom of the Owlith people. Though for Aylala, it was not a journey to return home. The kingdom was small but very proud, happy to be hidden from the rest of the world. Very few Owlith had traveled along the River of Night away from their home, and everyone who had known they would not be welcomed back. They were pariahs, betrayers of their race who abandoned Phyylis to mingle with their lessers. For most Owliths, the problems of other races were their own.

Even from her youth, Aylala didn't believe that, and knew others who felt similarly, even if they feared to leave. And as she approached the ancient kingdom's borders, she was hoping that those few friends within the kingdom could help her with Mother Madelyne's request. Phyylis was host to one of the oldest, most mystical places in all of Asisai. A place strictly forbidden to migrants such as herself.

A faint light formed far away in the distance. Aylala took a deep breath, knowing that she soon approached her former home. She clutched at her embroidered cape, aware of the spells sewn into it. She channeled magic into the boat itself, and let go of the wheel as the boat began to steer itself. She walked towards the bow of her small ship, anticipating seeing Phyylis for the first time after so long. A small pang of regret tugged at her, as she had a small desire to have visited under better circumstances. Nevertheless, she steeled herself. Duty Called.

After a few minutes, she came within sight of the port. The cave opened up greatly as the nightly visage of the river faded away. The ceiling rose high above her, so high that it seemed to turn into a sort of artificial sky, with cloud-like mist pierced by golden rays emanating from seemingly nowhere. The small bay of the port led to docks made of stone, with a town rising behind them. A little over a dozen workers tended to the port, though many were without work, and instead sat in circles, laughing and drinking. Even still, everyone's eyes were on Aylala and her small skiff as she neared one of the docks. As she approached a worker with brown fur and glasses scribbling on various scrolls - the dockmaster she thought - she pulled her hood over her head.

"Hey, you!" He called out as Aylala's skiff slowed. When it was close enough, Aylala stepped onto the dock as the boat dropped its anchor. 

"Hold on, madam," the dockmaster said, holding up a hand to stop her. "I must request that you remain here for inspection." He raised his taloned hand to her face, and she felt as if a magical force tried to penetrate her mind. 

Aylala rolled her eyes, and she quickly grabbed his wrist and leaned in close enough to whisper. A few workers stood up as she did, but they made no move as she whispered a suggestion to him. His eyes glazed over and his arm fell to his side as she let it go. Working her magic, she stepped away and channeled the spells embroidered in her cloak. 

The dockmaster shook his head and cleared his throat. He turned around to the other workers, seemingly ignoring Aylala as she walked away. "Alright!" he called out, gesturing to the docked skiff. "It's about time you all returned to work! Routine inspection and dismantle, and no groaning about it!" 

All the workers stood up and reluctantly left their games and drinks as they walked down the dock to Aylala's skiff. They all walked around her, each being subjected to a small suggestion to ignore the strange, hooded woman as she was allowed into port. Aylala smiled to herself at how effortless her spells were.

Entering the port city, she kept to the shadows as she traveled the streets, walking uphill. It was well populated, the streets filled with her people, yet it was still a quiet town, the ambiance of taverns and carriages being soft in her ears. A few gave her suspicious glances, but she was otherwise ignored as she weaved her her way through narrow streets and alleys. She took notice of how it was a clean city, reminding her of some of the nicer districts in Terraminas. Even with no one to see them, they maintained a visage of pride and self-importance. It bored Ayala.

12