A Queen's Hart

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Seren took a step towards me and grasped my cold hands in her warm ones. She looked at me with shimmering eyes, betraying that strong as she was, she might well cry at any moment. I did cry of course.

"How long have you been curled up there?" I asked.

"Oh," she began dryly, "Not long enough to feel as sorry for myself as I do." We paused. Touching each other's hands, interlocking our fingers.

"What do you propose? Am I to be king?" I laughed awkwardly.

"I'm afraid not. I made a rather different choice..." she took a moment to gather either her words or her courage, "I have abdicated the throne to my sister. It is a good choice; she has the head for alliances and politics, and an heir in Teegan. I've never been good at that. I've refused every good match I've ever been offered. There are plenty other wives in the world for kings and princes."

I gazed at her, smiling broadly. She allowed herself a moment for the same.

"All this is to say..." she scrambled in her velvet bag - the only moment of clumsiness I have seen from her either before or since -- and then produced a silver fede wedding band, which she clasped nervously between her first finger and thumb.

"Owain Rees, I love you as I have never loved any man before you. I have no higher wish for the rest of my life than to spend it in your sweet company. Would you do me the great honour of becoming my husband?"

And I exclaimed and sobbed and smiled and hugged her so very close to my chest. For nowt in the whole world could have made me happier. And between kisses I told her so, over and over again, I love the very bones of you.

***

The evening drew in and the air grew chilly. It was time to go inside and build a fire. To cook a supper, and make love, and talk late into the night about the wedding, and the animals, and the happiness we would have.

I took a moment to pause in my doorway and look upon the vista.

"Cariad, don't let the heat out!" called my beloved Seren from the fireside.

On the cusp of the mountain, I thought I saw a red hart take leap.

***

Author's Note: this has been a lovely little lockdown project for me. Feedback is of course very welcome - and remember to please vote if you liked it!

Much love,

Betty x