A Secret Life Uncovered

Story Info
Was it possible to lead two lives and not get caught?
5.4k words
4.04
50.4k
50
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Cagivagurl
Cagivagurl
3,560 Followers

God, what a day. It started off badly with a flat tyre on the way to drop the kids at school. The traffic was horrendous, and finding a safe place to change the tyre, was difficult enough.

Screaming kids, horns blaring, Wet roads, and dirty conditions, all made it a very unsavoury experience.

It got progressively worse. I couldn't drop the children in the drop off zone because of a car accident. I had to park two kilometres away and walk them to the gates.

It got my day started on the wrong foot, and the rest of my day got progressively worse. I was so frazzled when I finally sat down at my desk, I used the wrong password on my computer. An hour wasted trying to get the help desk... I chased my tail, falling further and further behind. The printer had a fit, and turned my end of month report into a crinkled mess.

I had to skip lunch, my afternoon client didn't show.

The kids were crying when I picked them up from daycare. It took me ages to quieten them down. All in all, it had been a very bad day. At least now, almost home. I started to relax, the children seemed happier, which meant I was going to get a cup of coffee and a chance to properly unwind.

Pulling into the drive way, my irritation levels spiked. There smack in the middle of our driveway was a ratty old car. Not off to one side so I could get past, but right in the blasted middle.

I had to park on the damned curb, and walk in. After unbuckling James and Louisa, we walked up the drive. A young woman stood beside the car, with a young child in her arms. maybe three years old at the most. She walked towards me slowly, her face flushed with anxiety.

"Mr's Andrews?"

"Yes, and who might you be?" I snapped unnecessarily. If she had parked in a reasonable manner, I would have been far politer.

"My name is Dani." She said hesitantly. With a nod of her head she introduced the young girl nestled on her hip. "And this is my daughter Marissa."

I smiled, trying to look interested. In reality, all I could think about was how much I needed that damn coffee, and how I could get rid of her... "Nice to make your acquaintance. How exactly can I help you Dani?"

She looked around especially taking in the children. "Perhaps we could talk inside. It's rather delicate... personal."

Seeing her rising apprehension, I pointed towards the front door. "Very well, Although I must warn you. I've had a terrible day, so this better be important."

Inside, the kids rushed up to their rooms, leaving me with Dani, who walked over to the dining room suite. "You have a lovely home, Gabriel. It's really lovely."

Confused, I muttered with a mixture of curiosity and irritation. "How do you know my name?"

She placed Marissa, down in a chair and stood slowly. "Ronald told me."

Surprised, I muttered uncomfortably. "You know my husband?"

She nodded. "Yes, that's why I'm here."

This whole scene was making me very nervous. "And why is that exactly?" I asked anxiously.

She sucked in a deep breath and stared straight at me. "This is going to sound mercenary, but, I need Ronald, to keep the bargain, he made with me. He promised to pay for Marissa."

"What do you mean pay for Marissa? Why in heavens name would he have to pay anything for your daughter?"

"Because, he's Marissa's father, and he promised." She stated matter of factly. As if she was talking about nothing of importance. I did not that she stepped backwards as the words echoed around the room.

Stunned and almost speechless, I barked back at her. "I beg your pardon. How dare you come in here making inflammatory statements like that?"

"I'm sorry Gabriel, I didn't want to come here today, but I have been left with no choice. Ronald, made me a promise, and he's broken it. He refuses to answer my phone calls or text messages. I have tried to contact him through work but they just fob me off. All I want is what he promised."

"Look Dani, I don't know what your game is, but this is not funny." The jug screaming it's head off distracted me momentarily. "Is this some sort of silly prank?"

"No, Ronny, is Marissa's, father. He promised me, if I didn't say anything, or name him as the father on the birth certificate, that he would pay me a weekly allowance. For the last two and a half years, he has met that obligation, but two months ago. He stopped paying and now he has ghosted me."

"You expect me to believe that my husband. Ronny, is the father of your daughter?"

She nodded slowly. "I'm sorry Gabriel, but yes he is. I didn't want to come here today, or to cause trouble. I couldn't think of what else to do."

It was one of those moments, thoughts spiralled through my head and nothing made sense. "Why in heavens name should I believe you?"

She reached into her handbag, and withdrew an envelope. "Perhaps this might help you believe."

I poured us both cups of coffee, "How do you like yours?"

"White with two please." I sat down at the table with her, and pulled a couple of documents out of the stiff envelope.

I gasped in shock, my hand trembled, and there was no way I could stop it. Staring back at me was a DNA report, that stated in black and White, that Ronald Andrews, had a ninety nine point nine percent chance of being the father of Marissa Featherstone.

"Oh my god, This can't be right." I felt the life seeping out of me.

She grimaced. "I'm sorry to do it this way. If he had kept his promise, I would never have broken his confidence."

"When did you see him last." I asked through gritted teeth.

"If you're asking when was the last time we had sex, then the answer is three months ago."

I swallowed a mouthful of coffee trying to hide my disquiet. "How long have you been having an affair with my husband?"

"Four years."

"Christ, what expect to achieve by coming here today? Are you trying to force us to divorce, Is it revenge, is that what this is?"

"No, revenge was never my intention. When Ronny, and I started seeing each other, he told me that he was divorcing you. I would never have become involved with a married man, but he convinced me that your relationship was dead. He had already started divorce proceedings."

"The lying bastard." I muttered angrily. Our marriage was sound, at least I thought it was. "How often did you see him?"

"At first it was like two nights a week he stayed over at my place. Over time it fluctuated. Sometimes he stayed the whole week. Others hardly at all."

"You were having an affair, how did you become pregnant? Surely you used protection?"

"Yes, I was on the pill, but I developed a yeast infection, and the doctor suggested I go off the pill until it cleared up. So for several months we relied on condoms, but one night, he took me out to a night club. We got drunk and I don't know. I guess he didn't put it on properly. Anyway, end result was Marissa."

She reached out and ruffled her daughters hair. I could see the love and pride in her eyes.

"All right, Dani. Lets assume I believe everything you've said. What was the aim of your visit?"

"Gabriel, I don't have a lot of money. I was at Uni when I met and fell in love with Ronny. With Marissa, I can only work a few hours a day. It's not enough to live on. I do get a solo mothers benefit, but because I refused to name the father. It is less than half of what I would be entitled to if I named him."

"So, Ronny made a deal with you?" I spluttered disbelievingly.

"Yes, and as I say he has Paid it regularly for two and a half years. I guess we started to have problems after Marissa's, birth. I pushed hard for him to finalise your divorce. I loved him and wanted to live together."

"He told you that's what was happening?"

"Yes, look I'm sorry okay. I was stupid and deeply in love. I believed him. It's only become apparent recently that he was leading me on the whole time. I feel stupid. He obviously doesn't care about me at all."

"Exactly how much money did he give you?"

"Five hundred dollars a week."

"What..." I gasped in total shock. For the last couple of years we had struggled to make ends meet. I went back to work full-time because things were that tight. All that time he had been giving her money.

"You say you were in love with him. Did he tell you he returned that love?"

"Yes." She almost gushed. "He was so loving and wonderful. I'm sorry Gabriel, I know this must hurt."

"Of course it hurts. You come into my home, tell me that my husband is in love with you. Christ, you are a two faced bitch."

"No, you have to believe me. I didn't come here to cause trouble. I know I must look like a silly girl. Believe me, that's how I feel. All I want is what he promised me. I don't care if I never see him again, but either he pays me, or I go to WINZ with the DNA test results and name him. Then he will be liable for full child support."

With my anger now at bursting point. I hissed "Dani, I suggest you do exactly that because after today. He will not be living here."

She winced painfully. "Gabriel, I don't want to destroy your family. That wasn't my intent."

"Oh for gods sake. You cannot be that stupid... Can you? What did you think was going to happen here today?"

She stared down at the table, spinning the cup on it's saucer. "I just want him to honour his promise."

"You thought I was just going to accept that my husband had an affair with you, and fathered your daughter. And I would be happy with that? You stupid child. I'm going to nail his balls to the front door, and take him for every cent he has got."

"You don't have to do that Gabriel. I don't want him. In fact I'll never speak to him again. He used me, and now he wants to wash his hands of me."

"Dani, in all honesty. I don't give a rats arse about you. You're nothing to me, and I simply don't care. You can get in your car and leave. I have no money to give you. I had to go back to work, put my own children in child care, time I wanted to spend with them. I had to do that because of the money he has been giving you. So please, before I call the police. Go, and yes take whatever steps you need to get your money. But never, and I do mean never... step foot on my doorstep again."

She stood quickly, tears streaming down her face. She grabbed Marissa by the hand and headed for the door. At the door, she turned and sniffled through her crocodile tears. "I am sorry Gabriel."

"You lying little tramp. You came here for one reason only, revenge. Nothing you could say would make me think otherwise. You knew damned well I wasn't going to give you money. You came here today with only one intent. To hurt me, and get revenge on Ronnie. In future, stay away from married men, and keep your bloody legs shut."

Her car spluttered and coughed as it burst into life. My blood pressure climbed exponentially as I watched her drive away.

What a bastard. All this time he led a double life. I thought he was travelling for work. Three days a week he travelled to the outlying regions to check operations. He had completely sucked me in. I was the epitome of the clueless wife. He had a daughter for gods sake, and as his real family struggled, and I worked long hours so we could try to get ahead. He was fucking that little tramp and I was paying for the privilege.

I stormed into the bedroom and pulled down as many suitcases as I could find. Throwing them open, I stuffed his clothes and personal items into them. I wheeled them out onto the front porch.

The kids gathered around as I kept piling up his stuff. There was a small mountain by the time I had finished.

"Mummy, what's happening. I'm scared." Louisa, cried.

Ronald's, car pulled into the driveway. He climbed out with a curious look on his face. "What's with all the bags, and why is your car out on the street?"

"The bags are yours arsehole. All of your clothes are in there. You can come back and get the rest of your stuff next week."

"What the fuck Gabby. What the hell has gotten into you?" He said irritation dripping from his every word.

"I'll tell you what's got into me arsehole. I got a surprise visit from your mistress, Dani, and your daughter Marissa, this afternoon. Why is your stuff out here? It's because you're leaving right now."

His face paled, the colour draining quickly. His mouth moving, but no words came out. "Gabby, lets go inside and we can talk about it. I'm sorry you had to find out that way."

"No way arsehole. You're never stepping foot inside this house again. Three years Ronny. You played me for a fool for three years. You're nothing but a cheating lying conniving bastard."

"Gabby, this is my home. I'm not leaving. If we could just go inside and sit down and talk. Our marriage is to precious to ruin like this. Please, I love you."

"Oh yeah, you loved me so much. You told that dirty little tramp we were getting divorced. Our marriage was over. You told her you loved her, not me. You let me go back to work so you could pay your slutty mistress five hundred bucks a week... Fuck you Ronny."

"Don't do this Gabby. We can work it out. I know it looks bad, but please. Give me a chance to explain."

"You knew how much I wanted to spend these early years with our children. I never wanted to go back to work. I wanted to be here at home, building lifelong bonds. You fucked me over Ronny."

"Come on Gabby, lets go inside and talk. Give me a chance."

"No way. You told her you were divorcing me, you didn't love me. No, fuck you Ronny. If you leave now and maybe, just maybe we can talk again in a few days. Not now though."

He paced around like a man possessed. Pulling out his phone, he quickly called somebody. Then as I walked inside and locked the door, he started loading his stuff on the back of his truck. When he finished, he tried to open the door, but found it locked. He tried to insert his key only to find I had pushed mine in from the inside. "Go away Ronny."

"Fuck, don't be childish Gabby. You're making a scene. The bloody neighbours are staring at me. This isn't fair."

"No arsehole, what isn't fair is you making your family struggle every week because you're giving our money away."

"Jesus Gabby, if I hadn't done that. She would have filed and I would have had to pay full child support."

"You're going to have to now anyway you bloody idiot. You're going to pay me as well."

"Gabby, don't make any rash decisions. I know you're angry, but we can get past this."

"Goodbye Ronnie." I turned and walked into the lounge to crash in a chair. It was only then that it caught up with me. All the emotions flooded out of me. I couldn't hold them back any more. Memories filtered through my brain. So many good ones, even recently when we had been struggling to pay bills. He hugged me and comforted me, saying. "We can get through this Gabby. We can do it."

"What a sleazy lying bastard." Hah, it made me wonder about all of the good memories. Were they lies as well. How many others had there been. Was Dani, just the most recent?

Louisa, jumped into my lap, crying hysterically. She didn't understand. James, stood by my side, his hand stroking my leg. "It will be okay Mummy. Why can't Daddy come in?"

I cuddled him. "Daddy and I are having a fight sweetie. Don't worry, it's not your fault.

I rang Mum, I needed to hear a friendly voice. She knew something was wrong, and while we chatted, it all came out of me. Fifteen minutes later there she was walking in the front door. She drew me into her warm motherly arms, and again the river of tears re-emerged. She made us both a cup of tea laced with whisky, and we sat talking. Like mothers do, she calmed me down, and we talked about the future.

"Life will be hard as a solo mother Gabby. You know that. The school fees alone are going to make it impossible."

"I know Mum, I will get in touch with WINZ tomorrow and see what sort of assistance I can get. I will need a solicitor, I wonder if I will be entitled to legal aid?"

"Sweetheart, you are making bad choices here. I'll not defend the slimy bugger, but you have to think of the children. It's not just about you my love."

"Mum, I'm not letting him back in. I have thought about nothing else since I found out. You talk about the kids, and you can believe me. I have included their interests in this as well. What sort of role model would he be for them. A cheat, a liar, a manipulator. For gods sake Mum. I had to go back to work so he could pay her an allowance."

"Darling, I am not defending him. He is a bloody awful man. Your father and I welcomed him into our hearts, we have stood by you, and loaned him money we will obviously never get back. I was thinking of the children."

Aghast, I spluttered. "You loaned him money?"

"Yes darling. He came to talk to us last year. He explained things were tight. He didn't want to alarm you. He asked for a loan, and we gave it to him."

"Oh shit Mum, why didn't you say something to me?"

"He asked us not to, he was so embarrassed. We wanted to help dear. We were thinking of you and the children."

"He's done as far as I'm concerned Mum. I think we will be better off without him."

"Yes, you might be right dear." She sighed, the resignation settling over her. She knew me well enough to know how determined I could be. "He was so convincing when he came to borrow the money. He cried, and it was so clearly hard on him. No man wants to borrow money from his wife's parents. He sucked us in."

My night was sleepless, but I woke in the morning with a plan, and what's more I felt strong. Mum agreed to keep and look after the kids for the next couple of days. I had a lot to do.

The first call was to Work and Income New Zealand, or as they were better known WINZ. I had to wait twenty minutes, but when I told them what the call was about, I was quickly supplied a case manager.

Fortunately, she was a woman, and as we talked through the case, and circumstances, she was very understanding. She worked out what benefits I would be entitled to, and suggested I go into the office, and they would help me fill in the paper work.

It was like a huge weight lifted. They were amazing, they downloaded the separation application paperwork. The divorce paperwork. My case worker, was fabulous, and so experienced. She told me to separate our finances now. Their payment would show up in the bank the next day as an extraordinary payment. From then on it would be fortnightly.

Part of the process, was supplying Ronny's, full details. She gave me a funny look. "Gabriel, there was another woman in here yesterday filing against the same person."

"Don't tell me, Dani Andrews?"

She nodded. "Is she the woman you mentioned?"

"Yes, the one and only."

I could see the distaste on her face. She was not happy.

By the time I left the office, I was armed with everything I needed. Next step was to talk to Ronny. If he agreed, we could just finish filling out the paperwork, and everything would go smoothly. If he contested, we would have to go to family court. I wasn't worried about that. Adultery might not be illegal in NZ, but it showed him in a very poor light.

He seemed quite happy when I called him. "Gabby, thank god you called."

"Ronny, come around home after work. We need to talk."

"Shall I bring my bags?"

"Only if they are empty so you can reload them."

"Shit, don't be bloody stupid. We need to talk, we need time together so we can work through this. I know I did a stupid thing, but come on Gabby. We have a great marriage."

"No we don't, and after finding out what sort of man you really are. You stole money from my parents for gods sake. What sort of person are you?"

"I did no such thing. They were kind enough to loan us some money."

"There was no us in that Ronny. That was all you. Not one single cent have you paid back to them. I doubt you ever planned to. I doubt everything about you now. Just be there at six."

Cagivagurl
Cagivagurl
3,560 Followers
12