A short history of Reversang

Story Info
Appendix to ”Breeder of the Kingdom”.
871 words
4.29
729
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a little piece of imaginary history. No-one mentioned is below the age of eighteen.

The Dark Ages: After the fall of the half mythical empire of Domdorium the land was torn by tribal feuds. It is not known if that lamentable disease, known as the stealthy plague and which hinders women to have male children, firstly arose in this period, but then it was firstly noticed. The fighting for supremacy included both political power and breeding privileges. Many deeds of cruelty were committed, as for example a chieftain ordering the execution of three hundred of his concubines, so that no one else could enjoy them. Finally, after centuries of turmoil and a consultation of the oracle at Bastexa, the chieftains agreed to elect Orgast Reversang as king. In return he gave the chieftains the titles and estates of hereditary nobility.

Founding of the Kingdom: Orgast became king and took his sister Liania as queen consort. At the same time he proclaimed the legality of incestuous relationships. Most of the realm accepted this, apart from the cult of Sectanz in the western provinces. They considered incest to be blasphemy and committed many horrible deeds, like stoning loving siblings and ripping the supposedly unholy children of incest from the wombs of their mothers. Keeping the cult from spreading and the newly formed nobility together troubled the days of Orgast, but in the stories he appears as a friendly patriarch, offering good advice to his many children. After him Cocran, his eldest son, became king, but he ruled only for a short time before he was murdered by a group of fanatics following Sectanz.

In the following confusion his younger brother Cumagan stepped forth and offered himself as king, which was accepted. Cumagan's first task was to punish the cult of Sectanz and with bitter resolution he drove it as far westwards as was at all possible. He had not time to rest before the message reached him that the barbarous tribes of Multchak had erupted from the mountains in the north, slaying men and ravishing women. Immediately turning in that direction he fought three hard battles against the invaders, resulting in stalemate. Cumagan challenged the foremost chieftain of his adversaries, Vars, in single combat to avoid further slaughter. Was Vars successful he would receive tribute, was Cumagan successful the Multchak would go away. It is probably just a myth that they fought nude and compared each other's cocks. However, Cumagan emerged as victor and Vars stayed true to the promise and the Multchak returned to their mountains. Back in the capital Cumagan was told that pirates from Solistra, under their formidable queen Lytza, ravaged the southern coast. Jahilir was also greatly damaged by those raids and Cumagan formed an alliance with that realm by taking one of their princesses, Dirvana, as queen consort. Then he battled an enemy that possessed both bravery and cunning. It ended with Lytza admitting defeat, rumored to do so even with her body, and withdrew with her pirates to Solistra. The first Cumagan became a legendary hero in the kingdom, partly perhaps because he died rather young, not many years after achieving peace, but he left behind several children and wise advisors. Dirvana ruled as regent until Cocran II could become king.

Age of Unrest: The peace lasted for a long time. There was smaller incursions by pirates and tribesmen, and disturbances caused by cultists, but mostly there was peace and prosperity. Only the slowly diminishing number of males being born was an anxiety. Ironically it was a case fertility and not infertility, that was about to cause problem. On his deathbed king Felluz IX worried about his sons, two youths in the prime of life, handsome and headstrong. And his fears became reality. Horzon became king, as being slightly elder, but his brother, Alfuc, never swore fealty to him. They lived in different parts of the kingdom, gathering resources and followers. Secretly, to begin with, and then openly they claimed themselves to be the head of the only legitimate line of Reversang. And a troubled epoch of conspiracies, foul deeds and false peacemaking began. It raged over more than two centuries. The competing lines, called horzonians and alfucians, used every means in their power to achieve success, including calling on outsiders for help. As an example of this, Horzon had a bodyguard of Multchak tribesmen and Alfuc had a bodyguard of warriors from Solistra.

This state of affairs did not mean constant civil war, but it entailed constant intrigue, mysterious deaths, four major battles and never-ending squabbling. Eventually the whole kingdom, both nobles and commoners, demanded that something must be done. The male population was rapidly decreasing, partly as a result of politics becoming more popular than lovemaking. Grudgingly the two lines arranged a marriage between the prince Cumagan and the princess Arrivina. They would rule jointly, it was said. Surprisingly it worked and Cumagan III and Arrivina II became a happy couple. The ruling king is their great-great-great-great-great-great-grandchild, at least according to one interpretation of the family tree.

Present-day: Cumagan IV becomes king and takes his mother Alisha as queen consort. Solistra becomes a part of the kingdom after Cumagan marries its queen, Ektana.