A Short Vicious War Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

........

'I had been right. we'd received snow and for the next few days it came down, not the fat fluffy flakes but the fine pellet type that was more ice than snow. It stuck and it stayed, it also dropped visibility, so I had to send out patrols to make sure the NKs weren't taking advantage of the weather. I had gone out on a few of these patrols to watch my people at work, God it was fun to get off the top of the hill and back in the mud where I was happiest.'

'We had gone down towards the North end of the tree line and could see several groups of NK soldiers wandering through the graveyard trying to find anything useful, I had brought my sniper rifle with me, and we quickly set up. I scoped the area and found a few officers standing around in a small group next to the remains of an engine pod. I signaled Bob and his spotter Brittney the location and which half to take.'

'I had everyone aim low I wanted a prisoner or 2 to send back, the body count was high, and I knew it would be higher before this little fracas officially ended. I started the count down and squeezed the trigger, 7 other shots followed mine and I saw my guy drop and grab his legs. I reloaded and shot one as he ran towards the town, he didn't get up and neither did 15 others, but we could hear at least 5 screaming for help, their mom or a medic.'

'A few had brain cells enough to drop behind something solid and started shooting back, if you want to call spray and pray shooting that is. We quickly zeroed in on the shooters and killed them, not that they really knew where we were, the heavily suppressed 916s and suppressor cans we had on the ends of our sniper rifles robbed them of that locating sound. Frank who was leading the patrol had called Mike and requested back up.'

'After they had arrived, we moved out and quickly found 25 dead and 3 of the 5 shot through the legs still alive. the dead were stripped for intel and surprise packages were left for the NKs to find. We hauled the 3 live ones up the hill leaving death and mayhem in potential behind us. Doc K had done what he could to stop the bleeding and they were stripped of their gear. I had Sara send out a message to Sam in DC that we had 3 more live ones, and that 2 were officers.'

'I had learned from others to shoot the Officers and Sargent's first, that left the privates without any leadership. In the US Military a buck private could do things that a Sargent in NK couldn't, things like call in an airstrike or artillery fire. Also, they could read a map and figure out where they were and could think for themselves. The communist military really didn't want things like that, privates were just cannon fodder, and trained to jump and die when told to.'

'The Pave Low came in at 0255 and picked up the 3 stretcher cases, they dropped off supplies and took our mail out also, not that there was a lot of it. Once again Dagger 40 came into out LZ and I recognized Sgt. West as he hung out the Starboard crew door, this was getting to be a regular occurrence and I let him know as we shook hands. I loaded up a pallet of booze and several loose cases for him to take around to the clubs, I also handed him several boxes of paperwork to take back.'

'He loaded it under a seat next to the door and pulled out a briefcase and handed it to me. "Merry Fucken Christmas John." He said and smirked at me.'

"What the fuck is this shit, Tommy?" I asked taking the case. He just smiled some more and hopped back aboard his bird, I backed away and threw him the finger, he smiled and blew me a kiss.'

'Dagger 40 lifted into the night and disappeared back to the East, I headed for my office and opened the case, then quickly closed it and called Mike to me. A few minutes later he walked in. "Hey John, what's up?" He asked when he walked through the door.'

"We just got rewarded Mike." I said and opened the case letting him look in.'

'Inside was several envelopes, all had our names and present ranks on them, even my old rank of an E-4 BM3 PO that I had all those years ago. I handed him his and then took mine and we both opened them. In mine was a set of orders and a set of Coronels eagles, Mike has a set of Majors oak leaves making up both Field grade officers, we both stood there with our mouths hanging open. I pulled out a letter and quickly read it then handed it to Mike to read.'

'I placed the subdued bird in the chest of my BDU shirt as Mike did the same and we shook hands and called in Tony and Frank who were in the kitchen and standing radio watch. Frank became a 1st lieutenant and Tony a Staff sergeant. Slowly the rest of the kids were called in and promoted 2 and sometime 3 or more jumps in rank, Sara and Angel both became 2nd lieutenants, as did Adam. Hillbilly became my First Sargeant, with most becoming either Sergeants or Corporals. I didn't have a single private left when the case was empty.'

'I promised to throw a bash after we got more manpower up here and could afford to have all 19 of us out of the OPs and had a few minutes to drink and relax. I had each sign on the dotted lines and informed them that pay would be coming in their new ranks. the reason that everybody had been promoted was that I had put a bug in Sams ear and let her run with it.'

'At least everyone on the hill was protected and being paid by uncle sugar, it also meant that I was now back in the military and subject to orders. The only good part was that I had a very short chain of command and very few knew about us or could even get at us. I scratched at my beard and had encouraged the guys to grow one and was not about to start enforcing grooming regs. or anything else that was nambi panbi in my book.'

'September ended and became October and finally November was nearly over before there were any more clashes with the NKs, the snow by this time was now over 3 feet deep and getting deeper. The weather guessers informed me one day via email that we would more than likely have over 12 feet of snow this year. That translated into a large spring run off if and when ever spring decided to show up next year. I let everyone know and made sure we had a good thank giving even if the world was going to hell in a hand basket.'

'Thanksgiving came and I had made sure that we had turkey, ham and all the fixings on hand via air drop, they also sent me several pallets of supplies that I had been asking for nearly a month. I made sure that the wool socks were passed out as were the thicker lined winter boots, I wanted to prevent any chance of frost bite, the temp was already dropping into the 20s and teens most might and would get much colder.'

'By early December I had the kids put the Christmas tree up and instead of putting the lights up outside this year, I strung them up in the living room, dining room, along the staircase and in the rooms the kids were sleeping in. The second houses outer shell was also up, and its interior was being worked on, I had had the items on hand already. Soon I'd have half the troops sleeping over there, to break us up a little bit. I'd have to have the AF drop us in the beds and mattresses not to mention bedding and towels and other items. The kids really did need to hurry up and finish the interior.'

'December 13 was just another day for us, the last of the slaves were finally out of the dungeon and all were laying in front of the fireplace to stay warm, it was just after dinner and those who would be going on watch soon were prepping their gear. Others used the time to laugh or have an extra cup of coffee and relax as we hoped the idiots down below wouldn't try anything tonight. It was snowing sideways and blowing 40, in short not a nice night to be out.'

'I had made sure that those going out had extra layers on and wore the extra pair of long johns I had given them. "John, I am detecting movement on the East perimeter, 300 meters out, multiple individual signals all headed this way." Sam said.'

"Battle station, fire in the paint locker." I said as everyone scrambled, grabbing their gear and the slaves scampered for the basement stairs, Tony would make sure they were placed back in the dungeon for safe keeping.'

"OP3 this is 6, can you see anyone moving out there?" I asked.'

"Negative 6 got maybe 40-meter vis out here." They replied as I finished pulling on my gear and headed out the door towards the driveway cut.'

'Both sides were lined by native stone walls around 4 feet high and over 18 inches thick. I pulled my facemask up and goggles down as I took my spot by the wall. "Sam is there any other movement that you can see or detect other than that to the East?" I asked.'

"I detect no other movement John except that which I have told you about." She replied.'

"Contact Sam and let her know we maybe under attack and might have to bug out, also contact Round house and let them know we might need help fast." I told her.'

'I quickly called Frank and told him to get his ass over to the mortars, I wanted 1 tube ready to hang and fire on my order. each pit had 30 ready rounds and 30 more that were stacked in their still taped in their shipping tubes and cases. All guns were ground warning red, weapons tight, we didn't know who was coming in, but we were not going to engage in a long-range fire fight with a superior force. I was going to suck them in and crush them with a devastating ambush using everything I had.'

"Steady people, steady. Nobody lets loose till I tell them to. Frank, go primary on the charges, this looks like it'll be up close and personal." I quietly said.'

'I received several "Roger that Boss." replies and looked through my NVGs, from where I was, I could just start to make out a line of shapes coming our way.'

"JOHN, HOLD YOUR FIRE!" Sam nearly screamed at me. "Ms. Samantha says they're friendlies coming in."

"Everyone, hold your fire, possible friendlies. Nobody do nothing unless Mike, or I give you the word." I said and stepped out and walked halfway down the drive and waited. 10 minutes later the point man was within 20 meters of me.'

"Halt! who goes there?" I said in a strangled voice. He dropped to one knee and finally spotted me.'

"Corporal Bernard Toy, Easy of the 506th of the 101st." He said. I recognized the unit and smiled to myself.'

"Advance and be recognized Corporal Toy." I quietly replied as he stood and came forward.'

"Coronel Bishop?" He asked. I nodded and he called back saying that he had established contact with the objective. "CO will be up in a second sir." He said. I nodded again.'

"Let everyone know to be cool, your right in the middle of a lot of guns pointed at you." I said. "Everyone go yellow." I said to let them know to ease up.'

"Toy any relationship..." I started and he just laughed.'

"My great grandfather Sir, he was pleased that I had kept the family tradition alive. He passed just after I joined Easy Sir." He quietly said. I nodded knowing that I was standing before someone who like my family know about service.'

At that moment the CO arrived. "Major Paul Stanley Sir." He said as we shook hands.'

'We took a few minutes to get to know each other. "Let's get your people under cover Major." I said and looked around.'

"Condition green, weapons tight people." I saw the guys standing there start as my people suddenly stood up from their fighting holes.'

"Fuck Major, if he'd hit us, we'd have been screwed." Cpl. Toy said. I just smirked and motioned them to follow me.'

"Frank get your ass over here." I barked.'

"Coming boss." He replied and came trotting over.'

"Take everyone over to the cave and have Hillbilly set up some drum heaters. Major how many people you got with you?" I asked.'

"162 Sir, a reinforced company of ass kickers." MJR. Stanley said. Frank and I looked at each other.'

"Once everyone is there, bring the command group over to the house and have Doc K hook up with their medical group." He nodded and looked at Cpl. Toy.'

"Come on follow me." He said. "Doc come to the cave, Hillbilly break out some barrel heaters, put them in the main cave area." He said. I lead Paul into the house with Tony close behind, we all quickly shed out heavy outer gear and headed for the Den.'

'He reached into his shirt pocket and pulled out an envelope handing it to me. I opened it and read its contents then sat back for a minute to think. "Do you know what's contained herein?" I asked. He shook his head no and I handed him the letter. "Read." I said.'

'Tony came in with a tray holding 2 coffee cups and a cream and sugar bowl, I pulled out a bottle of old stuff and held it up to him. "1 finger or 2?" I asked.'

He held up 2 fingers and I laced his mug then mine, then stirred in some sugar and cream and used the mug to warm my fingers. I hated being old, especially when it got cold out. He handed the letter back and sipped his coffee too.'

"Interesting orders Sir." He said as I reread the orders. "Oh here, your friend gave me this before we took off."

'He pulled out another envelope and handed it over. Opening it I found a set of Generals Stars, along with a set of orders that I quickly read, I snorted and replaced the eagle on my uniform shirt with a single star. "Well hell, I think the president likes me or something Paul." I said as he stood and saluted me,'

I threw a halfhearted salute in return. "Sit down, Jesus H. Christ." I swore as he congratulated me. "I do have a rule up here, no saluting out in the open, the NKs have lost dozens of officers and sergeants to my sniper teams because of that. So, pass it along no saluting Paul." I said.'

"Yes Sir... General." He said with a big smile on his face."

"Hmmmm, General." I had to admit I liked the sound of that, it had a nice ring. "General Bishop" I thought to myself. At that moment Frank came in with the command staff so to speak and after congratulating me also we got down to business. Frank became my Junior aide and Mike my Senior one, although both would continue as before doing what they were doing. I let them both read the letter and had them chose who was going back with us.'

'I let Paul know about the relaxed grooming standards up here especially with the freezing temps the more fur on your face the better it was. I called in Tony and had him pack his bag, he would be doing some shopping for the hill and then return, Paul would be in charge while I was gone and yet again impressed the no salute rule up here. 45 minutes later we were pulling on our gear and headed out to the cave so that I could meet the troops.'

'From what I saw they nearly all looked like they should be home with their moms still sucking on the tit and I let them know that too, which got me a good laugh. I laid down the rules, first of which was the no salute rule, yes, the NKs had sniper teams too and I didn't want to become a target anymore that I already was. Next was the hands off the Asian girls rule which could get them shot. I let them know why and as nearly all these kids were vanillas it wasn't hard to see they were at a bit of a loss.'

'I'd be seeing Steven very soon, but I told them that I would work on getting them something to sleep on and in asap. I didn't want them to be on the hard rock floor of the cave and temporarily they would be sleeping in the bunker to stay warm and to have the facilities it possessed.'

"Sam open the bunker ramp please." I said and had each man say his name, rank and serial number, so that Sam could get a voice print then lead them down and into the bunk areas.'

'I finally did meet the Doctor who was a real MD and the Medics that were with the company, they were shown the medical exam room and small recovery that I had set up, Doc K, our medic would be going out too to head for a 6-week advanced medics course in Georgia, I handed him a copy of the orders I had received.'

"I'll go pack Boss." He said and headed back to the house. It wasn't like we all had a lot of stuff to pack, I probably had the most seeing how this was my house.'

'I had Sara get Sue out and dress her, her underwear and boots were in my closet on the top shelf right hand side, she would be going with us to DC and then back here, I needed to get her a new ID and make her a person instead of just a piece of meat. I knew the very people who could do that with a minimum of fuss and stress.'

'I had the Doctor check everyone for frost bite and any other problems that might have cropped up during their little 2-day hike through the woods. I had Mike meet me and Paul in my office, having everyone there I let him know that while my people may be of a lower rank, they did know the area and to have him tell his people to ask before anyone did something stupid. There was still to the best of my knowledge more than 1000 NKs down below us and they not only wanted to kill us they needed the supplies I had up here.'

'There was now 181 of us up here now but we had kept them penned up and scared to stick their heads out the gate with just 19 of us. I had plans to really crush them, but I was going to need more warm bodies to do so. I had to really sell my plan to get them to the Joint Chiefs and the President.'

'Tony got some spare hands and managed to whip up a great meal for all concerned, and he told them that they would be doing the cooking until he got back. Luckly, they did have a clue about cooking, so I didn't feel too bad about taking Tony with me, besides he'd be back in 3- or 4-days weather permitting.'

'After dinner I went upstairs and found Sue on her pad, she had her bra and panties on along with her socks, Sara come up holding a ruck sack loaded with several pairs of pants, shirts and cold weather gear and saw me standing by the bed getting stuff out and laying it out on the bed.'

"I left her body armor and helmet downstairs in your chair Boss." She said and helped Sue dress and pull on some of the survival gear she would need if we went down.'

"Birds due at 2130 Boss, Hillbilly is already setting up the LZ. Mike and Angel are setting security as we speak." She told me. I expected nothing less from my people, Paul's people would have to earn my trust. I wasn't really worried, but I always had that niggling itch that kept me alert and always on my toes.'

'After packing I went to my office and gathered several items that I knew had to go back asap along with the reports from the ambush and several other pieces of intel that I hadn't sent back yet. I loaded them into the brief case I had received and closed it up. Paul came in and I showed him the safe and the logon info to access my computer and the radio codes, also the log that was being kept for said radio.'

'I pulled out the sat phone and figured I'd better call my dad and let him know I'd hit the big time. I dialed the number from memory and listened to it ring.'

"Admiral Bishops quarters. LTJG. Christenson, how may I help you Sir or Ma'am?" He answered.'

"Lieutenant, get me the Admiral, tell him General Bishop is on the line." I said.'

"I'm sorry Sir the Admiral has retired for the evening; can I take a message Sir?" He replied. I was not a happy camper right now and decided to try a little rudeness.'

"Lieutenant, are you always this fucking stupid, or is this just a passing condition?" I asked. "Now go wake my dad up and tell him JP is on the line." I grumped.'

'Yes Sir, please hold Sir." He quietly said. A minute later My dad got on the phone.'

"Hey kid what's going on? Henry came in all flustered when he woke me up. He also said that you're a General, not having delusions of grandeur, are you?" I smiled at that one..

"Nope dad I actually am a General, just found out today. Made one by the same deranged, crazy individual that choose to make you an Admiral." I told him. We both laughed at that one.'

'I let him know that I was going to be in DC in a few days and if possible, could he meet me there, I wanted him to bring both of my brothers and sister, if possible, also. He said that my bother Eric was on the front-line fighting, my baby brothers' kid was still in Dam Neck working to end this war from the intel side. He said he'd see what he could do, and we talked for a few more minutes longer and I looked at the time. I told him I'd call tomorrow, and we hung up.'