A Slave in Imperial Rome Pt. 06

Story Info
The voyage to Judea begins.
6.6k words
4.76
20.5k
10

Part 6 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 09/11/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My equilibrium was returning to normal now that my feet were firmly planted on the solid earth and the first part of the voyage was over. The September sea was fine at first until the galley reached the south of Kriti. The waves had built steadily for several days until the vessel was pitching violently in the turbulent seas. I became desperately sick from the rolling and pitching of the galley. My saving grace was my slave.

Rebekah seemed unaffected by the motion of the ship. She stayed by my side constantly, helping me with sips of water and small bites of bread. She held my hand as we descended from the galley in the port of Rodos. I laughed to myself that my bed slave now had yet another role: nursemaid to my feeble constitution on the turbulent water.

While I recovered at the home of the Roman governor of the Island, Rebekah was kept busy in her role as mission accountant. Titus Aurelius, the Legate in charge of our mission to Judea, whisked her off on purchasing errands for supplies. The Legate wanted several more horses and carts plus strong male slaves for managing our stores and military equipment for the journey around Judea.

Now we were walking along the sandy shore of the island away from the magnificent Rodos Harbour. After two days on shore I was regaining my strength after the turbulent voyage. As Rebekah walked quietly beside me, I was curious about her experience as a slave herself participating in the purchase of more slaves. I asked, "Rebekah, did the slave market upset you?"

She walked a few more steps and then quietly replied, "Yes Marcus, I will always be unsettled in a place like that."

"Why? Was it the sights and smells?"

She looked down at her hands and shrugged her shoulders before replying. "In my country we had slaves as well but still I can't feel its right for one human to own another, to have the power of life or death over a fellow being. I don't think god wants that."

I sighed. Deep down I knew she would never fully accept that she was my property. Still, I asked, "But do I not take care of all your needs and try to make you happy?"

At that she took my hand and smiled up at me. "Marcus, I do appreciate your kindness and care for me truly. I am lucky you are my master."

"But do I not make you happy as well?"

"Marcus, if it is possible for a slave to be happy, then yes, I am happy. Thank you." I left it at that.

More and more, I wanted her to be satisfied with her situation. In my rational mind I knew she really had no choice but to be with me but I felt more and more that I wanted the warmth and affection that I saw her give to the other house slaves, Alonia and Maya, to be given freely to me. As freely as she gave her body to me.

We were now far away from Rodos town and the beach was deserted. I turned to Rebekah on a whim and asked, "Do you want to try going into the sea?"

"Marcus, I have never been in the sea. Are there not creatures that will attack us? And I don't know

how to stay above the waves if they are over my head."

I laughed, "My lovely jewel, do you think I would ever let you come to harm in the water. Come, take off your clothes as I will and we can go into the water up to our waist. I will hold you up." In a way I wanted to reassert my strength after my feeble seasickness on the galley. I turned her towards me and pulled her tunic over her head and then helped her out of her undergarments. I held her by the hands at arm's length and marvelled at her slender but gracefully curved body. My cock swelled at the sight of my beautiful slave. I then threw off my clothes and took her by the hand to the water.

Rebekah shrieked at the feel of the first wave hitting her tummy and I laughed as I pulled her close. "Master, never in my life have I walked in such water. I'm frightened."

"Quick, climb onto my back and I will carry you into the waves." I swung her around on my hips and onto my back. "Put your arms around my neck and hold on." With her holding me tight I walked the two of us into the waves. The water was a refreshing change from the hot sun. Rebekah was now laughing as the waves splashed up and onto her upper body and face.

I then swung her around to my front as she clung even tighter with her legs wrapped around my middle. I launched myself backwards into the retreating surf and floated towards the beach. Rebekah was laughing and giggling at my antics. In this position she settled down on my hips and I felt my cock nestle into her slit and even in the cooler water I could feel the heat from her womanhood. My cock grew with the warm soft feeling of her cunt.

I set her down as we reached the sand and I looked up towards a cluster of bushes in the deserted beach. I wanted my slave now. We had not joined since the beginning of the voyage and I suddenly had a desperate urge to mount her, here and now.

We stopped to grab out clothes and I hurried her up to the sheltering bushes. Lying her on her back on my tunic I crawled between her legs and nestled my cock on her mound as I licked her neck and shoulders. Her skin tasted mildly salty in its soft warmth and the feel of her body under mine was driving me into a blind lust. I kissed her hard and to my delight she returned all my lust and fervour with her own.

Rebekah's legs wrapped around my ass and she began thrusting up, sliding my cock through her moist warmth. "Please Master, be inside me." Never had my slave seemed so eager for me to mount her. I had hoped for but never expected her to show such willingness. Her words drove my lust to levels I had never felt before. Sliding my cock into the small woman below me I gasped at the exquisite feel of her warm moist channel clutching and pulsing around my member.

I turned her over and crouched behind, sinking my cock deep into her channel. As I slowly pumped in and out I ran my fingers over the faint welts from the beating I had administered to her before our departure. She had insulted and yelled at a citizen and I had caned her rear for her unacceptable behaviour. I pulled out briefly, my cock pulsing and I leaned back to lick and kiss the marks on her buttocks.

Rebekah turned and looked at me saying, "No no master. They are okay. Please make love to me."

I wrapped my arms around her waist as I bent over her back, my cock finding its way back into her sex. I began thrusting again slowly but firmly. I gasped in pleasure into her ear, "My beautiful little jewel. You feel so perfect around my cock."

She moaned and pushed back onto my manhood. Turning her head and leaning back we were able to kiss. With a shout of completion she fell onto her face and shoulders and I felt my climax on the edge. Pulling out I sprayed onto the sand and shouted in pleasure. I so wished I could finish inside her but I did not want her to be with child, at least not yet.

We rolled onto our backs and gazed up at the sky, holding hands.

At that moment I realized there was nothing more in the realm of the gods that I enjoyed more than to be lying beside my princess slave.

*****

Hurrying back to our quarters at the Governor's compound we were met at the entrance by Titus. Behind him his staff was scurrying around preparing for the next leg of the voyage to Judea. He looked relieved to see us.

"There you are. I was about to send out search parties. Marcus, I need my accountant to meet with the merchants and provisioners to record the financial details of our purchases. Come my dear," he said to myself and Rebekah, "We have no time to waste. We sail on the morning tide." Rebekah glanced at me and I nodded towards him. She dutifully followed him out and I started behind them. Titus turned to me and asked, "Marcus, could you see to our troop of guards. Ensure they have sufficient meals and lodging and have them on the dock by sunrise."

"Yes, Legate. I will attend to the troops." I watched him lead Rebekah away, his hand between her shoulder blades, as he guided her down the pathway. The hairs on the back of my neck bristled seeing them so. I thought to myself, my slave may be small but her effect on the men she encounters is undeniably strong. And now I didn't like being separated from her like this.

****

The voyage to Caesaria Maritima, the major port of Judea, was mercifully smooth and I seemed to be getting my sea legs. I was able to join the Legate for dinner each night. At evening meals, at first, it was myself and a few of his closest advisors plus the Captain of the ship and one or two of his officers. But now the Legate insisted that he have his accountant at the table at all times. Rebekah had spent her time when away from me in a lower part of the ship with one or two other female slaves. Slaves were not allowed near the great room of the ship unless they were serving the meal.

Rebekah, at first timidly crouched at my feet during meals. Titus then insisted that she join us at the table and she was encouraged to speak of her homeland. Rebekah's growing command of Latin was astonishing and I knew that Titus was impressed. What I read in the eyes of the men at the table was enchantment over her lovely voice and lust for her beauty. I would not have guessed that the bedraggled starving wisp of a girl I bought that day would beguile men so.

At today's meal he directed a question regarding her own tribe asking, "My dear, tell me what crops do your people grow and what other crafts do they excel at?"

Rebekah looked uncomfortable as the other men at the table regarded her intently. She answered, "Master, our farmers plant several different strains of wheat and barley plus different vegetables. We also grow hay to feed our animals. There are others I don't know the name of. I'm sorry."

"That's fine my dear, and of the crafts you know of?"

"Master, we have skilled carpenters and metal workers. Our iron is very strong I understand. Our people also produce beautiful weaving, cloths and garments."

Titus took a long drink of his wine and then surprised me with his next question to Rebekah, "And what of slaves my dear. Did your family own many slaves? Is slavery common in your culture?"

She looked at me with concern in her eyes. I had never considered that her family might have had their own slaves. She looked down and said softly, "Yes, my family had slaves as do many other families. The poor people often give their children or themselves to us when they are destitute."

"And what of captured prisoners?" Titus continued along this line.

"Sir, I believe we prefer ransom to keeping captives but if the prisoners' families are too poor then they are kept as slaves."

"And how are slaves treated by your people?"

Rebekah hesitated just for a moment and then said, "Master, our Book tells us how we should treat the slaves we own. There are prohibitions against killing a slave or administering unjust punishment."

Titus pressed on, "And does that only apply to slaves of your religion? What about a slave of another faith?"

"Master, I really had little to do with our slaves, however our Book does have stricter rules for treating a slave of our religion than for someone who is not."

He finally asked, "And my dear, as a slave of Rome, are you well treated?"

"Sir, Master Marcus and his family have been very patient and kind to me. I am fortunate to have such owners."

Titus stood up and proposed a toast, "To Marcus and the Legare family and their humane treatment of Rebekah. May the master and slave bond be fair and just." All stood and toasted to Marcus. Rebekah lowered her head and looked at the table as the men raised their glasses.

****

Titus quietly approached me one morning while I was enjoying the morning sea breeze and Rebekah was still sleeping. He said to me, "Marcus, your slave is highly accomplished. She is a tribute to your education and management of her."

"Thank you sir. I can only take so much credit. She impresses me more and more each day with her intelligence. My family's money was very well spent with her purchase."

"Yes, money well spent indeed. Please don't feel pressured, as I can see you truly have affection for this slave and appreciation for her value, however, should you ever wish to part with Rebekah, please allow me first rights to purchase her."

"Sir, I will keep your request in mind should I ever decide to sell her."

"Yes, just so. It will be interesting to see what your future wife will think of such a creature," Titus said smiling at me and a chill ran down my spine. He then left me on my own.

Looking out at the beautiful sea my thoughts returned to what Lucilla had offered me. Her proposal of a marriage, where both she and I could keep our favourite slave girls, who were really our lovers, echoed in my mind. I had been dismissive at first but as my feelings for my slave deepened I began to seriously consider what she had proposed.

******

As the ship entered the Caesaria harbour, now propelled by the galley oarsmen, I could sense Rebekah's excitement at returning to her homeland. I held her in my arms as the ship glided into the inner harbour. All around us were vessels from distant lands, many now loading or unloading cargo. The economic activity arising from the peace of Vespasian was evident in the bustling port.

As I nuzzled Rebekah's ear I said, "My little jewel, are you pleased to be returning to your homeland?" I was surprised to feel her body tense at my question.

Staring at the busy wharves, she said, "Forgive me Marcus but I am torn. Yes, I am happy to be here but I yearn for my family who perished in the fighting."

I held her tightly, not really knowing how to respond to this despair, for I could do nothing to change what had happened. I quietly said, "I am sorry for your loss princess. Be assured that you have a place in my family now. I know that my mother and father have come to value you highly and of course, the most important praise comes from Maya, who is very approving of you." I said the last part with a chuckle as we both know that Maya is a slave herself but that she has achieved a central position in my parent's household.

Rebekah turned to me and smiled, appreciating the humour, "Thank you Marcus for buying me and I'm happy your family and the imperial slave approves."

****

The governor of the province, now a legate himself after the recent Roman Hebrew war, came to greet our ship as we docked, having been made aware of our arrival by the watchers in the harbour entrance tower. Titus presented his commission from the Senate and then introduced the key members of his retinue.

The Governor, Antony Aprius, then said, "Welcome all to Caesaria Maritima. I hope your stay here will be pleasant and productive. My staff is at your service in any way they can help. And if I may, who is the woman behind you Marcus? Is this your wife?"

I hesitated for a moment, realizing that it was not evident that Rebekah was a slave. She was dressed in one of the seamstress Agamenia's fashionable travelling dresses and she looked lovely in the bright sunshine, her face aglow from the voyage. I finally said, "This is Rebekah, my personal servant as well as translator for the mission."

Titus piped up, "And don't forget to mention Marcus that she is the accountant for the mission as well. She is a most valuable member of my staff."

As Rebekah bowed gracefully towards the governor, he said to her, "Welcome to my province. I assume you are familiar with the local Hebrew language. How is that so?"

"Please Sir, I was born and raised in the area of Galilee. I am from this country."

"Ah I see. And how did you come to be travelling with Roman dignitaries?"

I jumped in to save Rebekah the embarrassment of explaining her situation. "Sir, Rebekah was brought to Rome after the defeat of her tribe. My family acquired her when she arrived in Rome."

The Governor smiled knowingly at this and looking Rebekah up and down said chuckling, "Ah yes, the spoils of war. I'm sure she has proven her value to you as your 'servant'" I didn't like the way he emphasized the last word and I could see Rebekah blush deeply and hide her face away in the head cover of the robe.

The Governor then led us towards his Villa where he assured us we would be honoured guests. There was a feast planned to celebrate our arrival. Word of Titus's mission had obviously proceeded us.

****

The banquet hall was filled with the most important of the Roman administrators in the Region. The feast Antony Aprius had set out for Titus and the mission was truly splendid. My father had often explained to me the value of a governorship of a region like Judea. In these highly coveted positions the men who fulfilled the roles did their best to maintain favour with the Senate and the Emperor. Their reward for such allegiance was often great wealth. Part of Titus's mission was to see that only a reasonable amount of wealth found its way into the Aprius's pocket - he was expected to do very well in his post as long as the greater part flowed to Rome.

As the feasting wound down Aprius clapped his hands to gain our attention. "If I may have your attention for a short while I would be most honoured to provide a simple entertainment of the local land. I humbly hope my distinguished guests will enjoy the delights of our performers." With that he motioned towards a servant who nodded his head and left the room. Shortly afterwards four men entered the room with musical instruments and began setting themselves up on a raised platform.

Interestingly enough, a number of the men who had brought wives with them rose from the cushions surrounding the low tables and made their way to the governor, thanking him for the lovely feast. They next moved to Titus and said words of encouragement to him regarding the success of his mission. They then departed the hall, their women in tow. There were now only a few women in the room, one of which was Rebekah who had been kneeling quietly against a wall behind me and as least one wife. The other women appeared to be servants or slaves of the men nearby.

As I leaned against the cushion I was served more wine by a male servant. The sun had set over the harbour and the breeze coming in the open window was delightful. Accompanying the feeling of contentment was the sound of soft music coming from the musicians who were now playing for the guests. The music was somewhat novel to my ears and featured a soothing wooden flute and strings punctuated by a tabla and occasional cymbal sound. I looked towards Rebekah and then motioned her over.

"Rebekah, is this the music of your people?" I asked her as she knelt beside me.

"Master, it is from the region certainly but is more often heard in the camps of the nomad camel and sheep herders. Our music can be similar but it more often is accompanying our religious services," she replied.

At that moment several women came into the room. They were wearing beautiful costumes that were very foreign to my eyes. Rebekah whispered into my ear, as she positioned herself behind me, "Marcus dancers such as these women often perform their dances to the sound of this music."

I was curious, asking her, "Would they be the wives of the nomads?"

Looking at her face in the soft low light of the many candles I could see her blush. "No master, in the desert encampments these would be slave girls whose role is to entertain the men after their journeys through the desserts. Wives would not dress this way in front of other men."

Of course, I thought. Their costumes, while beautiful, were very revealing. From their necks dangled many rows of beads and ornaments that hung between their breasts. On their shoulders they were wearing brightly coloured vests that came to just below their rib cages and were open at the middle. Tantalizing glimpses of their breasts were seen as they whirled and gyrated through the room. The governor began a soft clapping motion in time with the music and many of the other men picked up his rhythm with their hands as well. I was entranced by the exotic scene before me.

12