A Slave to the Servants Ch. 28

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DoctorWolf
DoctorWolf
5,669 Followers

"It was a rush job, but Mistress Nu-reeh wanted this done," Fredrick said pulling one of those brown covers from his bag, a large bulky one. Gloves of the same material were handed to Christof as two long boots were pulled out.

It looked like a brown leather coat that would go to my feet, but Fredrick looked expectantly at Damien. Evidently it was something more.

"Try to cut it," he said proudly.

Christof handed over a small knife and Damien slid it along the coat sleeve.

"Harder, man!" Fredrick said taking the knife and stabbing repeatedly at the coat.

It wasn't even scratched, causing my family to surround the outfit and really look at it.

"Made from the leather of some animal the women catch and skin. They have to provide us with special tools to cut and sew it. Your slave would be undamaged even if you put it in the middle of a battle," Fredrick said proudly.

The hood on the outfit had a shield for my face. The men could attached a fine, strong mesh to the front. No one could see in, but I could see out just fine. If the men wished me entirely covered they should just pull up the hood and attach the mesh to the front.

"Some men," Fredrick said conspiratorially, "require such material for their pants and coats. The Administrators instruct the shopkeepers when they are making clothing. Those of us that work with fabric talk. We know of a few men that require such specialized clothing."

Fredrick looked at Damien and stepped slightly closer.

"Can you tell me why certain men require such tough clothing?" Fredrick whispered.

Damien was confused and didn't really understand the question. I could see it from the look on his face. Inspiration hit me and I touched my stomach as I gasped.

Men with human ancestry may not have the same tough skin as a full blooded Paterian male. My fragile skin was what Nu-reeh wanted protected, just as she would protect my son.

Christof looked at me when I made the sound and he saw where my hands lay. Our eyes met and I knew he understood now.

"Certain creatures," he said slowly, "have softer skin than us. I imagine that the offspring of those creatures would have to be protected."

Fredrick smiled at Christof and looked him up and down. "At first," he said, "your clothing was made that way. After a while the Administrators sent down word you could wear what your Brothers wear."

Fredrick wanted to know what we knew, namely that Christof had human ancestry. Obviously no one had been sure how tough his skin would be when he was small. I was personally uncomfortable sharing such information with him. Evidently Damien was also. The family had to be protected at all times.

"We aren't sure, Fredrick," he said politely opening the main door. "We must be on our way. Nu-reeh expects us to reach the cabin around night fall."

Evan and Bane assisted Damien and Fredrick's family was guided out quickly. Christof's ancestry was family business and not for public knowledge. I personally was relieved that Damien had shooed Fredrick out. Certain things just shouldn't be spread around, I understood that now.

After dressing me in a warm blue outfit, the new coat, gloves, and boots were put on me. The material was very light, but I felt no wind at all as the transport started. The outfit would be very protective and not uncomfortable.

I looked around as we flew and four other transports went with us. Through my mask I examined the other families. They were all armed and tough looking.

"You notice your guard?" Bane asked looking down at me.

I nodded and looked up at him.

"They will fly with us all the way to the cabin we stay in tonight," he said. "We are to share shifts with them and protect the cabin. The Administrators ordered that a family stand watch at all times. The other men are to leave in the morning, we assume before Nu-reeh arrives."

That was the oddest thing I'd ever heard. We'd stayed several times in cabins by the mountains. Never once had we had a guard when we went or even while we slept.

My hand strayed to my belly. I'd never been pregnant with a son before, either. I wondered if all this was protection for my son. It seemed like the only answer, but I was sure that couldn't be it.

The other transports flew near us, but Damien wasn't bothered by them. We talked and joked like we usually did. They even took the face mask away so we could watch each other. Things seemed normal in that regard.

"You should rest now," Evan suddenly said about mid morning.

I looked over at him surprised. He pulled several cushions out of a bag and laid them on the floor of the transport.

"Lay down and rest," he ordered.

I did as he asked, but couldn't really understand this. Bane wrapped a blanket around me tucking me in securely. Christof pulled my hood up so it kept the sun from my eyes. They were acting so odd, but I was very comfortable on the cushions they had brought. The low hum of the transport soothed me and my eyes drifted closed.

It would have seemed impossible for me to sleep on a transport in the middle of the day, but I did. I dreamed of baseball fields and little boys playing. In my mind's eye I saw the life of a child playing out before me.

"Time to eat, little Sister," Bane whispered and I opened my eyes.

My hood was pushed back as I sat up. The transport was stopped in the middle of nowhere. Everyone was off their transport and the men were pulling out something to eat.

All the men sat on the ground and I sat on a cushion as we had the midday meal. Two of the other families stated they would have preferred to hunt for something to roast. They were rebuked by Damien. We could hunt for the evening meal, it was imperative we reach our destination before sunset.

We ate and were off again. The same pattern repeated as in the morning. I stood with the men enjoying their company until Evan determined it was time to rest.

"You know," I said as Damien knelt over me, "I don't have to sleep all the time. You've said yourself it's good to be up when the sun is up. Talking with you all is very enjoyable to me."

Damien grinned at the sentiment. He pushed me until I lay down cocooned in the blankets and cushions. The blanket was pushed up to my chin and around my legs.

"We told Nu-reeh you were tired and it upset her. She wants you to rest," he said.

I settled on my hip and frowned. Training with them had been fun, but I guess that was over. Sleeping for the rest of this pregnancy would just make me fat and bored.

"Tell me," he ordered crouching beside me.

"I liked training with you all," I whined, "and I like swimming. If she makes me sleep all day every day I'll go crazy. I can't just lay around all the time."

All five Brothers thought that was funny.

"Nu-reeh wants you to rest now, because you are weak and tired," Damien soothed. "You know she listens to the Healers and they like you active. I'm sure once you have recovered some she will allow us to continue to train you."

Kein spoke from behind the controls, "Or we'll train you in our rooms at night," he offered. "You don't need to worry."

I relaxed on the cushions and smiled up at Damien. They would take care of me.

I dozed on and off as we flew. I heard the men talking above me. Their voices lulled me into a dreamy state of semi-consciousness.

In my state I heard a sound suddenly, it was soft and regular. The sound was so relaxing. It seemed to pulse in time with my own heart beat. The melody soothed me into a deep, restful sleep.

When I roused next the sun was just below the horizon and my face was cold. I woke up riding in Bane's strong arms. He carried me off the transport and I heard his boots crunching the rocky ground.

"We're at the cabin," he said pulling me tightly to his chest. "We'll hunt something for dinner and eat. Our family will take the first watch."

I mumbled an answer and pressed my face into him. The weather here was much cooler than I remembered. Of course, I didn't know when the seasons changed, but I assumed they must. We just probably had not been here during this time of year before.

Inside the cabin I was set on my feet. The men pulled some of their bags inside. Almost everything was left outside on the transport. They only brought in what we'd need tonight.

The fire was lit and I stood beside it waking up. Bane took my gloves and long coat off. With the fire going there was no need for the extra warmth and protection it provided.

My needs were met before I could ask. Kein provided me a cup of water and Christof took me into the room with the lacquered pots where I relieved myself. We walked back into the main room where the men were standing and talking.

"Take a seat," Damien commanded pointing to a chair.

His tone brooked no argument and I did as he asked. My knitting needles and my yarn were handed to me.

The men planned out a hunting party as I sat there. One family would stay with me inside and one would guard the cabin, but it wasn't going to be Damien's family. Kein's ability to ferret out game in the mountains was legendary and when Evan went they always got the best to eat. Bane and Damien could physically take down a beast single handed and Christof could outrun the fastest creature. This was a large group to feed and my family had to hunt.

"Ciara is not to be touched while we are gone," Damien said flatly.

The other men looked surprised at the order. Of course they wouldn't touch me, I was Damien's slave. They wouldn't lay a hand on something of Damien's.

The concern made sense to me. Damien was preparing to go back to the mountains. He didn't trust the men there at all. These poor guys were just bearing the brunt of his worry.

I sat and knitted quietly as the men left with me puttered around. They were evidently preparing side dishes to go with the meat. They talked and joked together. For all it mattered, I wasn't even present.

We had a very good dinner that night. The creature Kein had tracked and Bane had caught was in its prime. The meat was thick and cooked perfectly over an open flame. I enjoyed it as much as everyone else.

Despite napping on and off, I still slept well that night. One family shared the bed with us and the others slept on pads they'd carried with them. Except for standing watch, the men all rested well.

I dreamed of the heartbeat again. That subtle, lulling sound comforted me greatly. Listening to it was utterly peaceful. I'd never heard such an enchanting sound.

Evan woke me as the sun rose the next morning. His blue eyes twinkled as he kissed my sleepy lips and nuzzled my neck. I luxuriated in the attention as I tried to burrow further into the warm bed.

"Today will be interesting," he whispered against my ear. "You have to wake up."

He was right and my eyes opened fully. We had defied Nu-reeh by getting pregnant too soon. There was no telling what she would do to us. Fear coiled in my belly and I sucked in a horrified gasp.

My obvious distress was not what Evan had intended and it upset him.

"We go to the mountains is all, my woman. Don't be upset," he murmured soothingly while stroking my hair. "Nothing will happen we cannot handle. Get up now, I want you to bathe."

I heard the implied supposition. If Nu-reeh was angry again we may be spending many days in a cave with no baths. They knew I liked to be clean, at least I could start out that way.

After my bath I was dressed in a flowing blue dress and the boots Nu-reeh had sent. I sat with all the men in the main room and we ate a filling morning meal. I decided to try to get my family to eat extra. I hated the way they'd been starved last time Nu-reeh took us to the mountains.

"The meat was good this morning, Master Damien," I whispered watching my plate. "Did you get enough, Sir?"

Damien sounded confused as he answered that, yes, he had gotten enough. He also reminded me not to call him Master or Sir. I heard the other men gasp, but my family just ignored them.

"If you and your Brothers ate more, you might stay full longer," I said playing with my food. "Just in case you couldn't eat later."

Evan sighed beside me and Damien spoke quietly. "We are fine Ciara. Hunger will not best us, should it happen again. My Brothers and I will eat our share and nothing more."

I looked up in his eyes and saw he understood, but that he would not change his mind.

Christof sat next to me and stroked my hair, "You worry too much," he said simply.

A grumbling laugh got my attention and I realized there was still a roomful of men from the compound here.

"Your slave instructs you?" one of the other men grunted and his Brothers laughed.

Damien wasn't bothered by the comment, but rebuked the other man. "Worry about your own family, Steth," he said simply.

The other men had instructions to leave after the morning meal. Like good soldiers they had their meal and were off.

"What if she hurts you all?" I fretted anxiously as we sat around the fire.

Damien scoffed and the others just grinned. They hadn't been bested by a punishment in countless moons. There was nothing to worry about.

I didn't have long to worry about Nu-reeh's reaction. We hadn't been sitting but a few more moments when I heard her call Damien's name from outside the door.

The wind outside was frigid as we stepped outside into the early morning. I wrapped my arms around myself, but the cold blew through my blue dress. Nu-reeh saw me and growled like the beast she was. It terrified me.

"Damien," she said angrily, "I sent a coat for the slave and warm gloves."

Evan bounded inside and returned with my outfit, which I was quickly wrapped in. Inside the coat I was instantly warmer. With the hood lifted only my face still felt the chill of the morning.

Nu-reeh stepped toward me once I was bundled and spoke very softly.

"Did you sleep well last night, human slave?"

Damien started to answer and she shushed him. Nu-reeh wanted to know how I'd slept from me.

"Well, Mistress," I answered politely.

"Are you eating well?" she asked. "Are you vomiting again?"

"No, Mistress, my Masters feed me the root drink and I am eating well."

Nu-reeh considered me for a moment before her clawed hand settled over my belly with her talons laying against my mons. I was terrified. She seemed not to notice and merely touched my bump for several long moments.

"It is a boy, then," she said contemplatively, "and the slave is not as sickly as I expected. You did well, Damien."

"Thank you, Mistress," the men all said sounding confused.

Nu-reeh turned to our transport and inspected it carefully as she spoke, "I will tell you now that I expect the slave to not breed for a time after this birth. I will make sure the slave receives the correct drink this time..."

Nu-reeh's voice faded off, but it sounded like she went on to say something like 'you have to do it yourself, if you want it done right'.

"Come," she suddenly said straightening, "follow me into the mountains."

The men loaded our overnight bag onto the transport and prepared to take off, but Nu-reeh stopped them.

"I provided a face shield for the slave," she stated. "It will protect against cold wind and accidents. Where is it?"

Christof clipped the face shield over me and I did feel markedly warmer. I had not realized how chilly my face got while we were outside. This outfit really had been made with my specific needs in mind.

The flight to Nu-reeh's home mountain took longer than before. Nu-reeh wouldn't let Kein take the transport up to full speed. Compared to before it seemed like we moved quite slowly. She also yelled and scolded Kein on several occasions. Evidently, Nu-reeh found him to be a reckless driver. She wanted him far from the mountain sides and to keep the transport steadier than he was.

The men muttered about how damned overbearing she was becoming, but I was starting to understand. There was a boy in my belly, one that she claimed. Nu-reeh was doing as she probably always did, she was protecting her son.

My eyes misted as I realized how grateful I was. It did not matter that I was the female breeder. Nu-reeh would place my boy and give him a mark. My little one would not be an outcast on this world. He would be protected and looked after by a strong female.

Nu-reeh's home mountain came into view before it was time for the midday meal. We landed and Nu-reeh walked us to our quarters. She told Damien the cooks would have special meals for me and Healers would be visiting to evaluate me.

"You train the slave to fight," she said calmly. "Why is that?"

Evidently she had see us in the Children's yard practicing.

"Exercise, Mistress," Damien answered.

The answer pleased Nu-reeh. Exercise would keep me healthy. The activity should continue, but my men were forbidden from using metal weapons around me. She would have wooden training staffs made and brought to us.

"I want the slave in her new coat and gloves anytime she leaves your area," she demanded.

Damien agreed and I had no issue with that. The mountains were certainly colder than every other time we'd been here. The colder air in the tunnels would be distressing to me if I wasn't dressed well.

The quarters that Nu-reeh had for us looked just like they had last time we'd been here. The pool was still present and filled with warm moving water. We carried our few bags into the rooms we had used last time. Everything was as it had been before. Smokeless torches already lit the main room, giving it a warm feel.

Inside the safety of our rooms the men couldn't contain themselves any longer.

"She didn't punish us?!" Kein exclaimed incredulously, pulling the mesh away from my face.

"Not even a day in the cave," Bane added, lighting the central fire pit.

I peeled off the gloves and slid the coat off as Christof marveled at this strange chain of events.

This was unheard of. They had anticipated punishment for defying Nu-reeh's wishes, but she had surprised us. She just seemed gentle with my family and protective of me. The new Nu-reeh disconcerted my men more than the old angry Nu-reeh ever had.

We relaxed and talked until it was time for the midday meal. Damien led us to the big dining area and all talk stopped when we walked in. My men didn't falter as they walked to their table, but I felt glad I was so well protected. The attention was unnerving.

Several women appeared in the doorways and the usual chatter in the room started again. I saw Damien and Evan pass a look between them. I agreed internally, the women were at it again.

The day's surprises weren't done yet. Christof and Bane went to get the meal and returned looking perplexed.

"We did not choose your food," Christof said setting a large bowl before me. "Nu-reeh is portioning your meals herself. Eat it all."

The food in the bowl looked familiar, which was strange. It looked like Earth food. I would swear there were chunks of sweet potato floating in the thick broth of the bowl.

Bane handed me a large spoon and the men watched me carefully. I scooped up a chunk and tasted it. The familiar starchy flavor exploded in my mouth and my eyes went wide. It was sweet potato!

"This is food from Earth," I whispered looking down.

"The cooks said it would build your system," Christof said. "They told us the Healers had told them that you will be healthier eating food from your native world. This should be very good for you."

There was unease on the faces around me. The idea that someone else was looking after my well being was disconcerting. I was their responsibility and they were happy to take care of me.

"She will stop, you know." I said quietly. "Once the boy is no longer inside of me, she won't care if I live or die. You all have never been like that. I can always count on you all."

DoctorWolf
DoctorWolf
5,669 Followers