All Comments on 'A Soldier's Suffering'

by ragnarok1

Sort by:
  • 153 Comments (Page 2)
Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
A very good story! 5*****

I really liked this line: "She smiled but it didn't reach her eyes,..." It is a perfect description and I pictured it in my mind the moment I read it.

I can only imagine why she married the guy right after the divorce. I'm assuming it's guilt, but it seems inconsistent with the other things she says.

One thing, and this is not a complaint to the author, a cheating wife is not the fault of the husband. She can get out, but she cannot cheat. No one should think what he thought about himself, although it is human nature to do so.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Some people are born readers, others born writers. It is great when they meet. Thank you for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

RE lone dog / peepee oops, sorry lone wolf / pepe - glad to find out that there are two ??? that have never made a mistake. I am not a writer, I am a reader though and the last thing I would do is tear apart a good story by a good writer that he offered to me ( and others) to read for free. I wanted to see what two perfect people might write . . . . . guess what folks, nothing to offer but comments that only prove that they do make mistakes, reread the story instead of skipping half the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Learn the difference

between "past" and "passed". I see this almost as often as I see "disinterested" when the author should write "uninterested"

The second ending is not the happy ending, it's the cuck out ending in which the rough, tough marine becomes the usual LW weak, needy cuck male.

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
Ummmmm

Not your best, rag. Your plot is not as tight as other examples. Pacing is too slow, then too fast. Your grammar went to hell on page four (proof reader miss a page?) Using "I's" as a first person possessive is not even 'street English.' "There/they're/their" and "passed/past" word confusion is fixable (Yes, it IS important so that your readers don't stumble over such errors.) However, thanks for the recognition of our Vets and their lingering problems. Thanks for your work and contribution.

Keep 'em comin'.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 3 years ago

Pretty good story. One recurring mistake, as others have pointed out, was the use of “passed” instead of “past.” Example: “I just can’t forgive and get past what she did.” The author repeatedly (and in other stories too) made this error. Just a pet peeve. Otherwise, a fairly original and romantic story. I do believe there are prosthetic legs for people with above-the-knee amputations; not sure why that was left out. I think the VA will also pay for them for service-connected injuries.

Reference: https://www.choosept.com/symptomsconditionsdetail/physical-therapy-guide-to-aboveknee-amputation

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
So Why?

Why *did* Maggie cheat? I mean, other than the fake variation on "it just happened" in the story?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Pathetic wimp takes the slut back .

One star

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A young man would not return the skank that cheated on him , life has a protective shield/ she married the clown she was cheating with , did we all forget that (All lost in the story) feminized ? Why would any sane man feel commitment to some he loved and cared for that cheated on him blatantly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

5 stars Liked it a lot both ending options

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 3 years ago
I love it. Everybody is calling a Marine Recondo Raider, the Marine equivalent to Navy SEALs, who went into combat on a regular basis for several years...

...a coward. “Thank you for your service... you weak-assed coward.”

LOL!!!

etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago
@anony 1/30/21 - disinterested.

If you look in a thesaurus another word for “uninterested” is “disinterested”. If you’re going to be hypercritical you should start with yourself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well at least he got some measure of revenge, at least she knows what it was like to see that. So it is in fact a happy ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Please note:

Correct: "We can get past this."

Incorrect: "We can get passed this."

NitpicNitpicabout 2 years ago
Wrong

Wrong ending,though they just supposed to be friends,I think he should have married Alexis.At least she cared for him,where as Maggie who professed to love him,couldn't get married quick enough after the divorce,what sort of love is that?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Awwww. The wife cheats on him. He joins the Marines, and has his Legs taken away from him. He is a cripple. Ex Wifey gets dumped from her man slut, and somehow feels “ remorse”. He gets back together with her, and he is a cripple. And ... even tho he wasn’t man enough the first time- Somehow she is head over heels in love with his damaged body.

I call bullshit on this- Using my normal reasoning. If it wasn’t in a person’s best interest, they wouldn’t do it. If she didn’t love him, and couldn’t be whole to him when he was intact, she sure as hell wouldn’t want to be near him now. Just think, how degrading it would be, for a Narcissist slut to admit she was in a relationship with a cripple!

The guy- I am sure that his options were limited. So it is possible he would have tried to refresh his relationship with the slut. But I think his idea, of ending his life was a more likely scenario. In reality, the slut never made him join the military. That was on him, not her. He could have just divorced her, and moved on. So, I think he would have realized his situation was his mistake. So, killing himself, was the logical choice.

rn2711rn2711about 2 years ago

Sorry, the last two pages just ruined the story. Why should he feel he've done wrong to Maggie? And the suicide attempt? Where did it come from?

Just4funinmass80Just4funinmass80almost 2 years ago

Thought story was good. I sometimes like happy ending also long as the cheating wife is remorseful and has paid a price for her past behavior. Just never answered the question if it was a one time lapse why did she marry the guy so quickly after the divorce?

usaretusaretalmost 2 years ago

Loved the ending. Thank you.

USArmy, Viet Nam Vet

DrgwngDrgwngalmost 2 years ago

Wtf, he is apologizing? Why is always hubbies fault. She married he slimeball 2 weeks later, she must have really been upset.what a total crap,ending, just a pos in every way. But it did follow the standard script for lw.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow. Terrific tale. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

OMG! THANK YOU!

Thank you your compassion and love for me and all my Brothers and Sisters.

This story stuck my heart, in a good way.

I didn't get it as bad as he did, I'm still in one piece, but my heart and mind were shattered. It took me 5 years to find my way back but, finally, with Gods help, and my families, I did..

The suicide statistic you quoted are all to real. Every time I hear one of my brothers or sisters have left us I cry inside.

Thank you for this story and for it's message. I, well so many of us, are eternally grateful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

To those of you below criticised this story two things are clear to me. One, you are so shallow as to fail to hear the real story. Two, those of us who have been in his place KNOW WHY he took that option-22 of take it every day. That said, please keep your cruel, insensitive and clueless thoughts to yourself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story. painful. but I was engrossed. Thanks for writing this sequel. Pay no mind to the dicks that complain. You are one of the better authors on this site. rn2711, your opinion and your questions are both stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It is a sad commentary on the rewards of military service that our hero was left so broken by his time in the Marine Corps that he attempted suicide, a coward's ultimate refuge to escape from suffering. Having failed at that, he settled for a life shared with a slut who had already betrayed his love and trust. What an ignoble outcome came to pass for our formerly brave and respected warrior.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I really liked the two stories. Great theme and well handled. I did have a slight problem, she only has sex with the slimeball once, and is discovered.... then frickin MARRIES the asshole. It's just "a touch" more than a one time drunken betrayal. If she was sincere in her love for her first husband, and wanted reconciliation, that is the single worse thing she could have done. That was never adequately addressed and is a big gap to me.

usaretusaretover 1 year ago

2d reading: still 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

FUCKTARD CRIPPLE CUCK GETS BACK WITH THE WHORING EX-WIFE!!

CUCK PUSSY WRITER

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersover 1 year ago

Powerful stuff, sadly true about the way the machine takes fine young people and churns them up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I think Maggie only wantd to get back with Kurt to assuage her feelings of guilt because of her betrayal. Within a few short years of marrying Kurt I think she would be having second thoughts and getting a little miffed at her life looking after a cripple. Cheating is not too far away and the first male that compliments her looks will persuade her to cheat again. Once a cheater always a cheater. Like murder the first time is difficult not so the second and third and.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ragnarok tells a gripping story. Like the literary device. But I do have a problem with the ex having married a guy after only one shtupp since she confessed to only doing it once unplanned. That didn't make sense in the back story. Still a gripping piece though. Well done. Just a touch better content editing though.

waltdeewaltdeeover 1 year ago

Very well written and I enjoyed it, except for one little thing that had me yelling at my computer. PAST! You get PAST something, not get PASSED something. You made that mistake at least five times by my reckoning. Argh! It drives me crazy!

Still, as I said, I enjoyed reading the story and I thought you handled the dialogue pretty well. Good job.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

The grammar thing with 'passed' and 'past' didn't bother me, I've always been terrible at English, got almost straight 'D's' in school so bad english ain't no bother! If it reads ok it is OK!

Good story and sort of a tribute or understanding for us who never had to be in situations like our soldiers have been thru. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story unless you have been in the army you just do not know how we all have suffered (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sorry, but im in the military and to tell you the truth. A true Marine will never take a cheating wife back. Its not in their DNA. The guy she cheated with would have been delt with.

Dlh143Dlh143over 1 year ago

I star for the worthless reconciliation.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 1 year ago

Great fucking story!

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Yeah I'm sure the ex-wife got together with her ex after he's lost both legs and his body is all messed up? Sign me up for that duty Chief and he's a fucking prick for letting her marry him out of guilt

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story but I think the author pushed things too far. Maggie purportedly did not love nor really like Dillon. But after the MC fleesz files divorce, and goes off to the Marines, making the divorce proceedings with no kids a forgeone conclusion, within a couple of months of their divorce being final, say 8 months after he fled, she marries Dillon and stays with him for several years. That rings either hollow or of desperation. Regardless I don't see reconciliation. In most situations where the wife us heartfelt guilty about what she did, and clearly Maggie is/was, there is no way they go with the guy who tempted them to fall especially after a one time tryst. There would be too many bad memories and close family woukd not approve. So yeah author went too far. Wasn't necessary. Have her marry another guy who ended up treating her bad and running around on her. The reconciliation in this story was heartfelt but putting her short marriage to Dillon the asshole, just debased everything. Unless the sex with Dillon was hyper good. Which wasn't brought up in the story. In fact little to no discussion of why or how, etc. All we get is the out of body reveal when she speaks to Alexis. Bte isn't odd for being "best" friends that they never discussed what happened before he attempted suicide and that was indirect. Look not saying Maggie doesn't deserve a second chance and he did run off and divorce her and go overseas as a Marine, a drastic variant of the "drop the mic, exit stage left" trope, but marrying Dillon woukd always trigger bad memories and make the MC doubt himself even more. There was a simple (and more realistic) fix to just have her marry someone else.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Once a cheater, always a cheater.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Enjoyed the story very much. Well done

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 1 year ago

I really like how you worked everything out!

B3ndoverB3ndover12 months ago

The story was well done but I didn't like the ending. Why did he takenmaggie back. She not cheated on him but she married the jerk after the divorce. She can't ever be trusted bad ending to a good story

JackInYerBoxJackInYerBox11 months ago

She cheated on him, then married the scum bag she was fucking as soon as the divorce was final, and he just takes her back??? Not only that, but he has KIDS with a woman he already knows is an unfaithful slut. Kids who will suffer when the skank reverts to type.

How can there be reconciliation when there is no explanation for her cheating. It was NOT a one time mistake, as she married the scum bag .. indicating she had feelings for him.

Only a wimp and a cuck would reconcile, and only a selfish fool would have children with an adulterous skank

The MC was not to my liking, but the story was well told and interesting. 4*s

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Love this story, and really glad you chose to continue Every Time. 5 stars just like the last one.

I have such mixed feelings about Maggie. In the first one I got the sense that she cheated because she wanted to 'trade up' to someone richer. But after reading this one it seems more that she was deeply lonely--Kurt worked till 11:30 everyday--and Dillon was a smooth predator who took his time manipulating Maggie. With Kurt never being around, and when he was they argued, and Dillion the snake constantly whispering in her ear maybe a 22 year old girl would fall for it. Maybe she then married Dillion because that loneliness became absolute without Kurk, she even says Dillion cheated because he could tell she didn't really love him.

It's still unacceptable and a deal breaker but maybe understandable? Maybe she deserves a second chance because she is a more mature woman and maybe has learned from the mistakes of her youth. Maybe.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This was a very enjoyable series of stories, well done!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting. Why he would take back a cheater who then married the one she cheated with is beyond me. What an idiot. 1star

AmbivalenceAmbivalence4 months ago

"Kurt, I know Maggie hurt you, bad, but I also know she truly loves you."

.

"As in *now* she truly loves me or she always did? Why should she love me more now that we're divorced than when we were married? And if she loves me just as much as when we were married or loved me even more when we were married, why did she cheat?"

.

Odd that wine, talking and dancing lead to kissing and sex. As she didn't know better than to stop with the first three (or two) without progressing to the latter two (or three).

As for marrying Dillon, clearly that silver-tongued snake planned (successfully) the night of sex so no reason to believe he couldn't plan a "oops, sorry, I feel so bad he's divorcing you, you could marry me and I'll take care of you (providing me on tap sex and a place to hang my hat while I cheat on you)" scenario. Of course, he only managed that because he got her (hopefully) drunk and while alone she was stupid; you'd expect family and friends to try to look out for her against him after that - maybe even beating him up.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good story I can relate to his probs in a small way I also was in the army but not injured BUT after my 1 st marriage break up I was off the planet bi/polar and suicidal so been there also You wrote this story very well Keep up the good work (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This one really needs a tissue warning sounds like a real story I suppose it has been a real story for to many all I can say to those is be brave and battle on

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

Awful and undeserved raac

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous