All Comments on 'A Summer By The Lake'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 629 Comments (Page 7)
Jim44444Jim44444about 11 years ago
I liked it.

So there were a few mistakes and some of the details could have been fleshed out. But this is a story given to the readers for free. It is not a full length novel. Well worth 5stars.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 11 years ago
Cliched Inventions Contrived with Best of Intentions

First I want to say there were some real moments to savor in the story & loved the character of BB & likewise her emotionally scarred mom learning to tryst & trust again. Strong visceral Intro with poison oak & frigid dash into lake. That being said the narrator was too good to be

Sir Galahad reincarnate needed a few chinks in his armor to be credible. He threw money to buy off the dragons that dared cast a shadow over plucky single mom & her progeny. Platinum rated credit card was the sword of choice over & over again. All too easy .

Some wonderful issues were raised like crass development enroaching on rural areas, single parent families subsisting from check to check, rural literacy & access to technology . I'm a fan of happy endings but the best ones come when the protagonists actually breaks a sweat , instead of cutting a check. ***

stuwatcher52stuwatcher52about 11 years ago
Simply Superb Writing, held my interest clear through :)

A great read, with many surprises and a great ending! Almost surprised to find this romance story on Literotica vs. Readers Digest. If I have any questions about this loving tale, it would be the names Parker, Cook & the generous manner of HH. Five Stars all the way. The Bird

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
A heartwarming story

Thanks for writing, it was greatly appreciated. I really enjoyed it.

:)

GrayShadoweGrayShadoweabout 11 years ago
Nice

A good writing style, that flowed smoothly. I've read a bit here, and very few others come close.

I would not be surprised if you also wrote professionally.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
awesome

your story is very very good! keep up the good work!

ambush184ambush184about 11 years ago
terrific

Absolutely loved this story. One of the top in the catagory. Definately a 5. Now let's see you top it!

Ork58Ork58about 11 years ago
Great story

Anonymous, go find a quick fuck flick to jerk yourself off to..this story is great, the writer obviously has talent. qhml1, you did a great job of developing your characters, the situation, etc. Aside from the predictable "hero wasn't looking to be a hero, but has a shitload of money which helps everything, and friends in all the right places to dispatch any annoying assholes",...it was a nice storyline. Frankly, I like to read something on here that isn't endless orgasms or "Oh God, Oh God" or "Fuck me harder deeper faster!" or "You are my cumslut"... that crap just gags me.. only thing I can think of it, might have been good to tie into his trauma from getting shot, or the darker side of his past, including the political shenanigans that occurred in the first part of the story...that sort of power and influence doesn't just disappear in a puff of smoke...power brokers don't just go away, they are always lurking about, either to help or to hurt... might have been good to tie them into later parts of your story. Either way, good read!

michs28michs28about 11 years ago

Enjoyed the story, even though you missed a couple of things when you proof read it. ;). I still gave it a 5star rating. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

so you went from rushed to drawn out, boring drivel

Zed56Zed56about 11 years ago
Outstanding Story!

You truly have a gift for writing. The dialogue between BB and Harry was tremendous. Thanks Look forward to more of your work.

curioussscuriousssabout 11 years ago
Excellent

Loved it - 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
O M G

this is the best story I have ever read. thank you. please continue to write.

warthog50warthog50about 11 years ago
Wonderful

Beautifully written. It's hard to write a story that's endearing and engaging without becoming saccharine, but you nailed it . Thanks so much and please keep writing. This is the best thing I've seen on Literotica in some time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Fantastic Story

Please write more as this one is awesome

One of the best ever!

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 11 years ago
Extremely well written.....you are getting better with each posting.

I enjoyed your uplifting story, it made me smile. Thanks.

gravyruggravyrugabout 11 years ago
I mostly liked it.

I do have a few quibbles, though. First, and the one that bugs me most, Sara's character development was pretty sparsely described. She went from (justifiably) mistrustful and angry to sappy and lovestruck mostly offstage. We got to see the bonding with B.B. in great detail, but the actual romance was sparse. Also, we didn't get to see Sara standing up for herself very much, except when she was wrong about it early in the story. I'd like to have seen more of her as an actual character, rather than simply a Love Interest. Second, the Sapphire Diamond subplot was introduced and then dropped, like you cut it from the story without cutting out the setup. Which leads the the last complaint, the tensions and problems you set up were overcome just a little too magically. I know it's a fantasy, and I really appreciate happy endings, but I do like for the characters to have to work a little harder for them.

All in all a good story, but it could be a better one. Thanks for sharing it with us, and I look forward to more.

bruce22bruce22about 11 years ago
Very pleasurable read!

The long struggle to bring Sara to emotional stability had me worried and when her ex went off the deep end it left me worried about BB's future emotional stability. Other than that it was an ideal Romance. I even thought of asking if it was a true story????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
5* not enough

5 stars is not enough.. This story was fantastic. Congratulations for making an older man feel good again.

dinkymacdinkymacabout 11 years ago
Great story!

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great

This is one of the best short stories I have read in years.

rflikeslitrflikeslitabout 11 years ago
My usual Two Complaints

One ....the story ended

Two ....You have the ability to make a patient person immpatient!!!

Keep doing what you do I have enjoyed every single one of your stories..you are a masterful story teller

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Five

The story got a five from me but it is eminent domain, not imminent domain .

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitover 11 years ago
OUTSTANDING

Of course I have come to expect no less from this author! The only thing that could have made this story better is if our Heroine had not been barren. Anxiously awaiting another story from this fine author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Secret

Did I miss it, or what was the secret betweeb BB and the Judge?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I see what you did there

Very subtle naming the daughter BB Jones.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Very moving. Tissues needed.

I loved it.

Sid0604Sid0604over 11 years ago
Thank you

I thought your story was great. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

greenmountainsgreenmountainsover 11 years ago
Eminent Domain

I love your stories so it is with some trepidation that I mention the appropriate term. Some eminent domain actions do become imminent. Keep up with the great stories!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

story TAGS