A Tentacled Dream Come True Ch. 02

Story Info
Is it possible that the fantasy might become a reality?
5k words
4.22
5.9k
2

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 05/18/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

II

o0o

After a long morning and afternoon in the deli, Alice was glad to be on her way home. But there was one detour she needed to take, and it was to a place that felt more like home than her drafty warehouse apartment.

The library had been her refuge when she'd fled to this city from her hometown and her narcissistic, abusive family. Books had been her refuge when she was a child and dealing with the stress that her parents' narcissism put on her, and books had remained her steadfast friend through her teenage years and now, they helped keep her centered as she tried to learn, and handle, the various aspects of 'adulting'.

She pulled out the books she'd taken in her messenger bag, dropping them through the book return slot before moving further into the old building.

Built at the end of the 19th century, the interior of the building maintained much of its old charm. Stately wooden bookcases held books old and new, and lamps in the style of old Victorian lamps further accented the decor of the old wooden desks and tables. One could almost feel as if they were stepping back into time, if not for the computers that sat here and there.

Last year, she'd printed off a list of Top 100 Books, compiled from various sources. When she was younger, she'd read lots of typical YA stuff like Nancy Drew, Harry Potter, and the like, but she wanted to expand her repertoire with classical novels. Her goal was one classic novel per week on top of whatever else she might read. She'd just finished Jane Eyre and immensely enjoyed that book. Next on the list was A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. She'd be grabbing that, and maybe the newest Anne Rice novel, though the previous one hadn't been very good.

As she turned around the end of one of the grand bookshelves, she suddenly stopped as she saw a lanky figure further down the aisle.

She'd seen him several times in the library, and he had what many women would heatedly call a 'silver fox'. His dark brown hair was liberally streaked with gray at the temples, but aside from a couple of crow's feet at his eyes, he had a rather youthful-looking face. He looked up as she stopped her advance, and their eyes met for a moment. He had eyes so dark brown they seemed almost black, and she gave out an almost indiscernible squeak before making a quick retreat.

Alice knew she didn't look very glamorous. She had on the black pants she wore for work and on top of that the polyester shirt that was part of her uniform. Her hair had been pulled back in a messy bun, and her jacket was old and threadbare.

Figures that he'd see her when she was looking all bleh like that. Her heart was pounding, and she felt a slight warmth to her cheeks.

As she was registering all this, he came from around the shelf, and she froze like a deer in headlights.

"Hi. I didn't mean to scare you. I've just been wanting to talk to you for some time, I've seen you here several times, reading a book. And... I think that you're someone I'd like to get to know." He offered her a warm smile.

"...." Alice felt her cheeks warm further before she managed to speak. "What's your name?" she blurted out.

"Oh, that certainly is a good place to start. I'm Rafe. And you are...?"

"Alice," she said quietly.

"Alice. Nice to meet you." He held out his hand. Automatically, her own hand rose to meet his, and she felt it enveloped in a strong, warm grasp. She plastered a smile on her face until he let go, and they stared at one another for a moment.

"You look like you've had a long day and are ready to just curl up with a good book, huh?" he asked. She blinked and nodded.

"Anything you're looking for?"

"Um, yeah. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn."

His eyes lit up. "That's a wonderful book! But don't worry, I won't spoil it for you." He mimed turning a key against his lips, indicating he was worthy of keeping a secret.

She smiled at that, this time warmly. "Thanks. Um, I was thinking of getting the newest Anne Rice novel. Any commentary on that?"

"No, because I've never read her."

"Hmm. Her early books are better, but I'm hoping the new one is better than her last few have been. Oh well, we'll see."

"After you get your books, would you like to grab a bite?" he asked. Alice blinked before she replied.

"Um... sure." There were several places nearby with affordable food, and if he turned out to be crazy or something, she could duck out. She had to remind herself that she couldn't let her past control her future, and it had been over a year. Time to move on.

"Great! I guess I should move aside and let you get your books?" he asked. She nodded and smiled as he moved aside. Happily, both of the books she sought were available, and she walked over to the counter, checking them out before taking one of the comfortable seats near the windows.

She decided to go ahead and start reading the first chapter of one of her books, checking her phone quickly for the time. Within minutes, she was lost in the opening for A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, barely noticing when Rafe took the seat next to her.

"I can wait until you finish that chapter," he offered as he pulled out his book. She smiled at that.

"It's pretty good so far, perhaps I won't want to stop after one chapter," she teased.

"Take as long as you like, then," he replied, leaning back and making himself comfortable as he lifted his book. When she raised an eyebrow, he looked up at her and smiled. She turned back to her book and read until the end of the chapter before dutifully putting it away in her bag and turning back to him.

"Where would you like to go?" he asked as they stood outside, observing people and cars moving up and down the street.

"It's not exactly as if I'm dressed for something fancy," she replied dryly. He grinned at that.

"I hardly think any place around here is going to turn up their nose at someone in their work uniform. Do you have any food allergies?"

She shook her head.

"How about Panera then?"

"Sure." Quickly, she tried to remember how much money she had in her wallet at the moment. Twelve bucks and some change. This wasn't something she'd planned fr but it had been a long time since she'd eaten out. Much less with anybody. As they waited in line, Alice casually glanced at the menu before deciding on turkey chili.

"What will you have?" he asked as they approached the counter.

"I was thinking a bowl of hot chili sounded good."

"You heard the lady," Rafe said casually before ordering French onion soup for himself, and after a quick look at the case and asking what was the freshest, selected a couple of their multigrain rolls.

"But I-" Alice said, pulling a ten-dollar bill out of her wallet. He shook his head.

"My treat. No worries," he said as he slid a twenty across the counter. Her therapist had encouraged her to stand up for herself if other people tried to override her choices, but now seemed hardly the place to do that, especially as Rafe apparently thought that what he was doing was a kindness.

After they were seated at a table with their food and he gave her one of the rolls, he started the conversation.

"So, what is it you do at the store?" he asked before taking a spoonful of his soup.

"I work in the deli," she said, feeling a little embarrassed, and trying to shake that off. It was honest work, and as she'd already rationalized, there was no reason to go into debt for a degree. At least not until she had a definite idea of what she wanted for the future.

"There's plenty of good food to be had from a deli," he remarked as he broke off a couple of pieces from his roll, dropping them into his soup. "Some days, a cold-cut sandwich with a liberal dash of mustard or Miracle Whip just hits the spot."

She smiled, relaxing as she started eating. "And what do you do?" she asked.

"I work at the library, though it's mainly in the archives. Old books, deeds, other paperwork, helping with research. I was just done with my shift when I noticed you."

"Lucky timing," she quipped.

"Nothing like being in the right place at the right time. How's your food by the way?"

"It's really good, thanks." She dipped a piece of her roll into the chili, letting it absorb some of the savory juices. "So what made you decide to be a librarian?" she asked.

"I don't know. I guess I'm just a big nerd."

She shook her head at that. "You don't look like one."

He sat back and laughed softly, flashing a neat row of teeth. Given the weather, he was wearing a knit sweater made of blue, brown, and green yarn that fitted him nicely, and a pair of gray slacks so dark they were almost black. "No?" he asked lightly. "What do I look like, then?"

Sexy. "Nice." Alice immediately berated herself for such a lackluster word. Was that really the best she could come up with? "Um, I mean, you do look very nice. I like your sweater."

"Thank you, Alice. It's good to know that I have achieved the intended effect." There was a playful glint in his eye as he leaned back forward, eating some more of his soup. She paused, unsure of if he was poking fun at what she said or if he was simply being good-natured.

She had come a long way since she escaped her family, but there were still times when she felt paranoid or awkward about what she said or did in interactions with other people, or how she might read other people's moods and intentions.

"So what made you decide to work in a grocery store?" he asked.

"Um... I'm a people person?" she replied with a shrug. He smiled.

"I'm not judging. I'm simply curious."

"Well, there's not that many jobs you can take when you're a 19-year-old kid with no college degree."

He nodded agreeably before taking a sip from his water. "We all have to start somewhere. What are your aspirations?"

Alice opened and closed her mouth a couple of times as she tried to formulate an answer to this question. "I'm not sure, to be honest. I keep changing my mind about what I might want to settle into for a career."

"You have a steady job and spend some of your free time in the library and around books. That's hardly something to look down at. Especially since that's pretty much how I spend my own time."

They laughed softly at that, and she found herself relaxing even further. He didn't criticize or judge anything she said as they moved the conversation to education and then their favorite books. He'd studied at several colleges and had a few degrees. Her education extended only so far as the high school in the bumfuck town she'd come from, where she'd passed with average grades -- certainly nothing that she could hope to get a scholarship with. Though she'd always loved to read, her home situation didn't make that or her studies any easier, and she hadn't had the best role models to emulate, nor a classroom setting that motivated her.

It was always in the back of her mind that she might sound ignorant or uneducated to others. It'd taken a bit of time to adjust to living in a city, one where services were a lot easier to access, job opportunities were better, even for someone like her, and reliable bus service so that she didn't have to rely on her parents to drive her or let her drive their car, which back then, had been a struggle in itself.

"Would you like to come to my apartment? I have a lot of books and I would be happy to lend you a few," she heard him say as she slid the last of her roll along the side of the bowl to absorb the last morsels of chili.

She froze for a moment, wondering if she was being lured into a trap. She'd been careful to not mention her family or just how crappy her background was, but weren't serial killers or abusers supposed to be very good at identifying potential victims?

"If you have other plans, that's perfectly all right," he offered with a smile. She almost sighed in relief at this easy out, and nodded.

"Don't get me wrong, I had a good time."

"No worries. Tomorrow perhaps, or the day after?" he asked.

"Yeah, sure. We'll work something out," she said as she started putting together her dirty dishes to take to the trash.

o0o

As she rode the bus home, Alice found her thoughts constantly returning to Rafe. There was no denying that she thought he was hot. But looks certainly weren't everything. But he did have a nice personality, too.

She finished half of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn before going to sleep. The next day, after work, she finished the rest of it. It was nice to be able to curl up in the corner of her apartment and be able to read a book without getting screamed at or harassed. But every now and then she would think of him. It was hard not to. Damn, but she'd fallen for him hard.

She went to bed, drifting off into sleep with a faint smile on her face.

Alice opened her eyes to see that she appeared to be in some sort of palace or temple. Stately pillars and intricately carved walls of stone led her along winding halls, and when there was a window or opening to the outside, she could see the sea crashing onto jagged rocks. When she looked down at herself, she appeared to be in fantasy garb again, although this time it appeared to be more formal, made of finer materials and flowing along her body, held in place by a jeweled girdle and clasps.

Perhaps she was a priestess or sorceress? Slowly turning around, she listened carefully for monsters or other dangers. She had no weapon at hand and moved cautiously down the hallway. In certain places, the stone walls between the structure and outside was so thin that it had been carved into a fancy latticed pattern like she might have seen in Chinese architecture only with a more organic pattern.

The only thing that met her ears was the sound of the sea, and she became lost in the exploration of this structure which in parts seemed to be carved from the very rock it was built upon.

The winding passage came to an end in a chamber that offered a splendid view of the sea through strategically-carved openings in the rock. The floor was of smoothed rock, with the same sort of intricate, flowing patterns she saw in the walls and windows on her way here.

In the middle of the room was what looked like something of a combination between a large sofa and bed, comfortable enough for at least several people. It was made inviting with several thick cushions and blankets, and four rock pillars supported a velvet canopy and drapes. She stopped short as she noted the bed and stared at it from a distance.

Amidst the crashing of the waves, she heard footsteps and turned around to see Sogoth come up the path, tall and almost lanky, clad in a fine, comfortable robe, his tentacles writhing loosely against his chest and stomach. The deep reds and ochres of his clothing brought out the muted greens and blues of his skin.

"So nice of you to join me here," he said, his voice a pleasant rumble. She paused, listening to him carefully. What was it that was so familiar?

"What is this place?" she asked.

"Do you not like it? It is of my design."

"You have nice taste," she said as she pulled away from him, moving to the right and starting a slow circuit around the room, looking out the windows. This wasn't some sunlit tropical beach with a strip of gleaming white sand against bright teal and turquoise, but the sound and smell of the sea was soothing. She felt a hand on her shoulder before his chest brushed against her back. A tentacle curled around her neck, the tip sliding along her jaw.

"I see you are eager to renew our acquaintance," she commented as she felt another tentacle slide along her chest, tightening the material below her breasts, her erect nipples visible against the silky material. His hand slid down her shoulder, fingers wrapping around her wrist.

"How can I not?' he hissed lowly. "You were so welcoming when we were last together. I wish to bring you more of that pleasure."

She leaned back against him, feeling him wrap his other arm around her middle. She twisted against her grip, feeling a couple of tentacles slide into her gown under her collar, sliding along bare skin. They circled around, squeezing her breasts and rubbing her nipples.

"Then take me," she commanded.

He scooped her up in his arms -- and tentacles -- and deposited her on the bed. She wasted no time in tugging up the hems of the elegant fabrics draped on her, revealing calves clad in fine straps of leather that terminated in jeweled sandals. The silk slid up her legs further, revealing thighs a shade between pale and light tan. And then further -- of course, there was no underwear -- her womanhood in full view amidst a trimmed thatch of dark hair.

She remembered how his cock had felt in her, and she looked up at him, feeling tentacles caress the insides of her thighs.

"So eager," he said with a rumble of approval. She lay there amidst the cushions as half a dozen tentacles familiarized themselves with her body, one reaching down to tease her clit. Her knees were pried apart, and another pair of tentacles started to massage her labia, sliding up and down them as she squirmed around.

"Oh my god, please..."

He propped himself up on an elbow as he continued touching her, his appendages sliding along her skin and under her dress.

"There are no gods here, only us," he rumbled. She twisted around under him as the tentacles slid along her torso and thighs, the smoothness creating pleasing friction against her skin.

"Please, Sogoth. I am ready for you."

He caressed her cheek with a couple of fingers. "I know you are, my darling." His tentacles continued to tease and caress her, pushing her near the edge...

Alice jerked awake in the semidarkness of her apartment. A bleary glance at her phone told her she still had almost an hour before her alarm was set to go off. It took a moment to register her surroundings before she let out a hiss of frustration.

o0o

The dream lingered in the depths of her consciousness as she went about her work, and she was happy for the distraction of a long shift. Keeping the food presentable and helping customers became a blur by the end of the shift, and Alice was almost surprised when it was over, ending just as the dinner rush was slowing down.

Grabbing some hot food from the bar and a couple of other items, Alice checked out and paid for her items before making it to the bus stop just in time for the bus to pull up to it.

She was going to the library tomorrow, and inevitably, her thoughts returned to Rafe. They hadn't exchanged phone numbers, and her pessimism could not help but make the worst of that. He hadn't asked for her number, so apparently, all he had wanted was a quick fuck. Right? He'd probably moved on to someone else. Ah, fuck it. She was going to the library tomorrow, regardless, and she would continue living her life.

o0o

To her disappointment, Sogoth had not come to her dreams that night. Perhaps it was because she'd masturbated before going to sleep, fantasizing about Sogoth and these damn tentacles. What was it about tentacles, anyway? All she had to do was think about them slithering up her thighs, and that got her hornier than she'd anticipated.

She'd had a shorter shift today, so she'd changed out of her work clothes before heading over to the library, her bag swinging lightly against her side as she walked up the stone steps. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn had been fantastic. Not all classic novels aged so well, but the language and story spoke to her. She'd buy a copy of that book for her personal library and re-read it sometime. In the meantime, she had several books coming up on her to-read list, and she'd take the first one she could find. That happened to be Little Women, which she was able to find easily enough.

Alice did not have much in the way of furniture in her apartment, so she settled back in one of the comfortable chairs in one of the reading nooks.

"I was hoping I would see you today," she heard Rafe say from behind her. She turned to see him circle her chair before folding his lanky form into the one closest to her.

12