A Twist of Fate

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So, that explains all these incredible songs you've been playing," she said as she picked up her wine. "So, do you run the store now?"

"No." I shook my head. "Sadly for my dad, records went the way of the dodo. As the technology evolved, people switched to 8tracks, then tapes and then it was all on CD's; that at least he could still sell. But then everyone started downloading whatever they wanted to hear on their iPods. And now everything you'd ever need is on your phone, even heart monitors, cameras and flash lights. So, eventually business dropped off so much, that he had no choice but to close the store. Lucky for him he owned the building, so he got what the land was worth, but never made a dime for all the years he'd spent building up his business."

"Oh, it must have been a sad day for him when he had to close, after running it for that long. But I've heard that vinyl's making a bit of comeback. Some people think the sound is better and you can really appreciate the artwork on the covers."

I smiled as I looked across the table at her, because I still loved my LP's. "I've heard that, too. I've still got quite a collection of vinyl, but not many people have record players anymore. I'm not even sure if they still make them. But I imagine in time, even cell phones will become obsolete. And no one will have to carry around these cookie sheet sized things anymore. I'm guessing the next phase might be something holographic with voice recognition, so we won't have to carry a thing, and it'll all be on a cloud somewhere."

She thought on that for a moment and nodded. "Yeah, things are changing so fast. I can still remember how excited I was when I got a Walkman for my tenth birthday, and most kids now wouldn't even know what it was for. And they'd probably think it should be in a museum of ancient artifacts."

"You're right about that," I said, chuckling, because I still had a camera that took actual rolls of film that no one really uses anymore. But now she had me wondering how old she was, because I'm guessing it wasn't all that long ago that she'd turned ten, and for me it had been over thirty years. That really put it into perspective, and reminded me again why nothing was ever going to happen between us.

Comfortable just to enjoy each other's company, we smiled at each other as we ate our dinner, listening to the music. I was so glad now that I'd decided to invite her to join me tonight. Not only was she wonderful company, so articulate and bright, but it felt like a breath of fresh air had swept into my apartment, just by her being here.

"So, you're a teacher?" I asked her, finally breaking the spell.

She nodded, and smiled as she thought of her kids. "Yes. I teach kindergarteners. They're a lot of fun, though they can be a little challenging." She shrugged. "But who doesn't like a challenge?"

Normally I loved a challenge. But I didn't think it would be too smart if I tried to figure how it would work with someone as young as she was. At least without everyone I knew taking at digs at me for dating someone probably barely into her twenties.

Just then her phone pinged with a text. She said, "Sorry," fished her phone out of her purse, took a look at it, rolled her eyes, muttered something under her breath, and then tossed it right back in her purse.

"Everything okay?"

She reached for her wine, took a big gulp and muttered, "Yep, just dandy." Finally, she blew out a breath and explained, "That was my ex, wanting to wish me a happy Valentine's Day."

"Well, that's nice ... I guess."

"No, actually, he's not nice at all."

Shit. I just hoped he hadn't done anything to hurt her. When she noticed the way I was staring at her stone-faced, and she shrugged.

Till at last she heaved a breath, and filled me in on the type of guy she'd been dealing with. "He seemed like he was really into me, and was talking marriage, asking me what type of ring I'd like, making me think he was serious. Then at Christmas, when I thought he was getting ready to surprise me with a proposal, instead of getting down on one knee, he asked me what I'd think of having a three way. Said he knew this chick that would really be into it, and told me she was great in the sack."

"Are you kidding?" Good god. What an idiot to suggest something like that when he had a woman like her.

She shrugged again, twirling her wine around in her glass. "I wish I were. So, no surprise I dumped his sorry ass, and haven't looked back. I don't even know why he'd bother texting me tonight, of all nights."

"Maybe because he's realized what he's lost," I said looking into her eyes, savoring the magic that was Ali, and already dreading the fact that she'd probably want to leave as soon as dinner was over. But of course she'd want to leave, since this was only supposed to be dinner and probably just a onetime thing. And yet now that I'd finally had a little alone time with her, I started to wonder if maybe once in a while we could even just hang out. Listen to some music, have dinner again. It didn't have to be a date, just friends spending time together.

Who was I kidding? The way my heart was beating hard and fast, just looking at her; I wanted a lot more than that. And I had a feeling she'd be creeped out if she knew what I was hoping for.

Then my eyes flared, shocked, when I felt her stocking clad foot teasing its way up my pant leg.

She was grinning, and I laughed as she said, "Why so somber? I am over him, I promise."

I had to swallow hard before I could choke out, "Glad to hear it." But before she could pull it back, just to test the waters, I took her warm, soft foot in my hand and started to give her a massage. I smiled at the way her eyes rolled back in her head as I worked at getting the tightness out of her instep, and slowly eased my fingers all the way to the tips of her toes.

I really started to smile at the way she licked her lips, sounding a little breathless. "Oh god, that feels almost as good as sex. You keep that up, and you're going to get me moaning."

Jesus. What a thought. So, deciding I'd better not push my luck, with one last gentle stroke of my hand, I released her foot. Then I poured us some more wine, and nearly emptied my glass in one gulp. She'd got me so hard, just imagining how good it would feel if we were ever to get naked together. Especially now that I knew something as innocent as that was almost enough to get her off.

And I had a pretty strong feeling as I watched the way her chest was still heaving just from the touch of my hand that Ali and I would really tear up the sheets. She had my heart still beating like crazy, and all I'd done was run my hands over her foot.

"So... there's no one in your life right now?" she asked.

My head snapped up and I lifted my gaze to hers, wondering what I should say. Though I hadn't exactly been living the life of a monk, there really hadn't been anyone in my life for years that actually mattered to me. Not since Joanie.

But since Ali had been so honest, I decided it was only fair if I opened up to her, too. "I was engaged, actually twenty years ago tonight. I thought it would be romantic, and a date we'd never forget if I popped the question on Valentine's Day. And the moment she said yes, we started planning our future together. We had it all figured out. We were going to travel the world, before we settled down and started thinking about having kids or buying a house. We thought we might even get married the next year, on the same day, so Valentine's would always be special to us."

The music had stopped, and now the room was eerily silent.

Ali reached out and stroked my hand. "And then what happened?"

"She died."

She gasped and I could see her eyes instantly brimming with tears, she felt so badly for me. But I never meant to make her cry. "Oh, Callum, I'm so sorry. That must have been awful for you."

I nodded. "It was. We were high school sweethearts, together almost ten years. We'd just turned twenty-three and thought we had our whole lives ahead of us. But neither of us knew she was sick and had been for a while. And then within a couple of months, cancer took her and she was gone. It took me a while, but time does eventually heal, at least to some degree." I shrugged. "So, I have dated over the years. But I think losing her like that made me a little gun shy. And I've never really felt like I could... I guess, trust my heart with anyone after her."

Ali sniffed and wiped at her eyes, looking so sad. "I can understand that." Still holding my hand, she squeezed it a little tighter. "But you shouldn't give up. You're a really good looking guy, and you're in great shape. You're fun to be with, and interesting to talk to, because I know I've really enjoyed myself with you tonight."

I lifted her hand to my lips and kissed her fingers as I looked into her eyes. "And I've had a wonderful time with you."

Then I stood and took our plates to the kitchen and decided when I came back I'd put some more music on, because the room just seemed too quiet without it. And then when the next song came on, to get us out of our funk, I took her by the hand, and said, "We should have at least one dance; shame to have a beautiful song like this go to waste."

I noticed just how pretty her smile was, when I took her in my arms and she smiled up into my eyes as Eric Clapton's Wonderful Tonight started playing.

"Oh, this is such an absolutely gorgeous song," she whispered, as we swayed together to what had to be one of the most touching love songs ever written.

As Ali nuzzled her face into my neck, and Eric sang, "Yes, you look wonderful tonight," I couldn't resist, and softly sang along into her ear. Because she really did look beautiful; an absolute vision in her little black dress and sexy red heels, though she didn't really need anything extra to be beautiful, because she just was. And I knew she was exactly what I needed on a night like this, as though somehow she was heaven sent, just for me.

And just as Eric sang, 'I feel wonderful, Because I see the love light in your eyes,' Ali looked up and met my gaze, wrapped her arms around my neck, pushed up on her toes and graced me with the tenderest kiss I'd ever experienced. And as we clung to each other and gradually deepened the kiss, as Eric finished with, 'And the wonder of it all, Is that you just don't realize how much I love you.'

Though I knew we weren't exactly in love, it just felt so good to be holding each other, exchanging kisses, and taking away each other's pain.

Happily smiling now, Ali wistfully sighed her approval, and clung to me a little tighter as George Benson's jazzy guitar masterpiece This Masquerade began filtering through the speakers. Leading off with a lush, romantic piano intro followed by George's sultry voice and incomparable jazz guitar riffs that always sent chills up my spine. The man could make a guitar sing like no one else.

"This is just so beautiful," she whispered, holding my gaze with her big green eyes locked on mine. I wasn't sure if she meant the song, or what we were sharing, because I thought what we enjoying together was something pretty amazing.

Sliding my hand down, squeezing her tight little backside, the sultry way she smiled and softly began to moan, I could feel myself growing painfully hard. And I didn't think I'd have the strength to resist if she wanted more than this; sure that I'd never felt as deeply aroused by a kiss, or the feel of her wrapped around me as I inhaled her heady scent.

But then with a teasing little purr, her eyes dark with arousal, she raised her leg and slid it around my thigh. Captivated by the feel of her, so warm and soft against my leg, I held her in place and let her have a feel of what she was doing to me, because I'm sure I'd never been as hard in my life.

God, this woman. I wanted her so badly, but I wasn't sure how far we should go. It was one thing to share a few kisses, but another thing altogether to strip each off and go crazy on each other -- which I had a feeling we'd be doing if things went any further.

Wearing a sexy little smirk, she sucked my bottom lip between her teeth, and slowly lashed it with her hot little tongue. Then she pulled back, looked deep into my eyes and murmured, "Take me to bed, Callum."

I think my heart stopped for a second, as I tried to remember how to breathe.

I stared at her for a moment just to be sure. But she didn't pull away and just kept sliding her hand lower, till she was stroking me through my pants. I could feel myself pulsing in her palm like a second heartbeat, she had me so aroused and so ready, I could barely see straight.

And that was it. Sure that we both wanted this to happen, I picked her up and carried her into my bedroom. She might be young, but she was old enough to know what she wanted.

And thankfully tonight, what she wanted was me.

Once I'd set her down on her feet beside my bed, the way she smiled up at me, with her pretty breasts heaving, I could feel my heart pounding nearly out of my chest, as I realized that this was really going to happen, and we were about to make love.

Reaching out and pulling her into my arms, both of us moaned as I claimed her mouth in a ravenous kiss. As her tongue tangled with mine, I could feel my pulse racing, and my cock lurching from the feel of her, just itching to push inside her. I let my hands slide down, and pushed her dress up over her hips till I was filling my hands with her soft, warm flesh.

Holy shit! Then I realized she had to be wearing a thong, because all I could feel was bare skin save for a thin piece of fabric bisecting her backside. And god it felt good to knead her tight little ass in my hands, with nothing between us.

The way she was starting to whimper, almost pleadingly, I knew we'd better stop playing around and get our clothes off, or I'd be coming where I stood.

As I tugged her dress over her head, I wasn't prepared for what she was wearing underneath. I could feel my eyes pop, as I realized she had to be wearing the sexiest things I'd ever seen. Good god her breasts looked amazing in the little scrap of lace that barely seemed able to contain them. High and perky, a perfect handful, I decided as I filled my palms and teased at her hard, pink nipples with my thumbs, making her shiver.

And her sexy white lace thong paired with a garter belt and stockings, was like something out of dream. I know I'd never seen anything as beautiful or as enticing as Ali gazing up at me, looking a little insecure, as though hoping I'd approve.

"You're just so beautiful," I murmured as I tugged her closer to run my hands over her trembling body, hardly able to believe my eyes. I'd always thought she was pretty, but tonight she looked beyond anything I'd ever imagined, she just looked so incredibly alluring, that she had my breath catching in my throat.

Obviously eager to get at me too, as Ali began to anxiously tug my shirt out of my pants, chuckling at how determined she was, I decided I'd better help her out.

Finally, standing in just my boxers, I just stood and stared at her wide-eyed, utterly blown away by how hot she looked in just her sexy lace undies, stockings and heels.

Tipping up her chin, I slid my tongue between her lips and kissed her as I reached around, unclipped her bra and let out a groan once I'd freed her breasts.

Gazing down at her I don't think I'd ever seen such an amazing body; slender little waist, nice tight ass, and legs that seemed to go on forever. And now that I could really see them, her twins were absolutely perfect; so high and perky and firm, with diamond hard dusky pink nipples. And as I breathed in the scent of her arousal she had me literally salivating for a taste of her.

Lifting her off her feet, I gently laid her down on my bed. With my eyes on hers, I slipped off her heels, and stroked my hands over her delicate little stocking-clad feet, dropping a kiss to the top of each one.

With her breasts heaving, and every inch of her trembling, she got up on her elbows and stared down at me as I trailed a path with my lips and tongue up along her shapely legs, till I was right where I wanted to be, at the apex of her thighs.

I smiled as a soft, little whimper escaped her as I teased her with a few hot, open-mouthed kisses. Then lashing out my tongue, I licked at her pussy through the silk of her panties till I had her squirming, and digging her hands into my hair. Yet I still hadn't stripped her off, because I needed her to want this as much as I did.

And good god did I ever want this woman, I think more than anything I'd ever wanted.

As I unclipped her garters and slid her stockings down over her legs, all the way to her feet, I loved the way she shivered.

Now with nothing between us but her tiny lace panties, I took my time and slowly kissed my way back up her legs, licking into the back of her knees, till I could hear her softly pleading, "Please, Callum," and tugging at my hair.

Licking around her panties, inhaling her delectable scent as I slid my tongue across her flat little tummy, the way she was mewling, nearly begging me to give her what she needed, I know I'd never been this hard or felt as desperate as I did now. The only thing I knew was that I had to get inside her. I needed to feel her wrapped around me more than I needed to breathe.

I licked into her as I pulled down her panties, and opened her up with the flat of my tongue.

"Oh, god, Callum, yesss," she hissed, tossing her head from side to side as I slid my tongue along her slit, over and over again, savoring her sweetness as she filled my mouth with her release as I relentlessly suckled and teased at her clit. "Oh, wow, you're making me come so hard," she cried out, as I slid a finger inside her and worked her till she was gasping and nearly ripping out my hair.

Watching her climax had to be the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen; her eyes closed, softly whimpering, those pretty breasts heaving, and every inch of her trembling. I took hold of my erection, and knew this would be something neither of us would ever forget; the night we gave into temptation and gave each other just what we needed.

As I pushed my way into her tight, warm body, we both smiled as Stevie Wonder sang out, "Overjoyed," as we finally began to make love. And I think that summed it up for both of us, because I know sharing this with my gorgeous neighbor, had to be the sweetest thing I'd ever experienced.

With her legs wrapped tight around my waist, I slowly sank inside her, smiling at the way she rolled her eyes, as I filled her up. "Ooh, you feel good," she whispered.

I kissed her lips and whispered back, "And you feel amazing."

Once I changed the angle, and realized I was hitting her right where she needed me, I knew it wouldn't be long for me. Feeling the pressure mounting, I got up on my hands and gave her everything I had, thrusting hard and fast I could feel my heart pounding nearly out of my chest. And then she gasped and began to shiver, digging her hands into my back. "Oh, Callum, yes, right there. That just feels so good. Please, please just never stop."

Chuckling, gazing down at the blissed out look on her face, I said, "I'll try, but no guarantees."

Then I felt it too, that tingling sensation shooting right up my spine as she tightened her inner muscles, clenching me deep inside her.

Growling, I threw back my head as I came, harder than I could ever remember coming, as I muttered, "Oh, god, yes, Ali, yes." I kept right on thrusting, pulsing deep inside her for what felt like forever, till finally, with my chest heaving hard I stilled, sure that she'd managed to milk me dry. I collapsed and rolled next to her and pulled her to my side. Both of us fighting to breathe, we looked over at each and grinned, looking pretty pleased with ourselves. Because I knew that what we'd just shared had to be the best thing I'd ever felt.