A Voice of Sorrow Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You're a little overzealous my young friend, but I admire your courage and willingness to go against things far stronger than you. However, I have to warn you about that trait, because it's almost gotten me killed a few times before," said Hephasto as he put the boy down, "I hope you saw what I did, because I wouldn't want to do that to you again just to show what you did wrong."

"Yes...I know what I did wrong," said K'lith'mus as he rubbed his stomach and winced slightly, "I immediately assumed that your extended leg and arm would be easy targets, and you quickly took advantage of my hastiness. You tapped me twice in the stomach, once on each thigh, and then grabbed my left ankle with your right hand. Basically, you shut down my ability to run, then picked me up to make sure I couldn't get away."

"Smart lad," said Hephasto as he turned to Khalum with a smile, "I got you a couple of times when I was under your tutelage. I couldn't pick you up at the time, or hit nearly as hard, but I managed to trick you with variations every once in a while and leave you with some nice bruises."

Khalum laughed and slapped Hephasto on the shoulder as he said, "Yes, yes, I remember those days. My old bones were about to fall apart whenever you pulled those tricks on me."

Hephasto grinned and ruffled K'lith'mus' hair as he spoke, "Just be glad I'm not as harsh as Khalum is, lad. If you were sparring him, he would have left you with bruises, maybe even a broken bone or two to teach you. Your wounds would knit quickly, but you'd still have the stinging reminder that you made a mistake."

"Now...shall we spar my young friend?" asked Hephasto as he turned to the white skinned boy standing next to K'lith'mus, "I'll give you a name fit for your skills unless you already have a name to tell me."

The only reply that Hephasto received was a few random clicks before the young man moved his left leg forward a slight amount and arranged his hands in an intricate pattern.

"Ah, a stance of stability, I like it. I'll start this time," said Hephasto as he simply stood still.

The young man smiled slightly as he waved his hands towards Hephasto, who simply grinned and disappeared. The young man didn't even bother to look around before he reached behind him and took hold of something, throwing it over his head. Hephasto reappeared; the same wide grin still on his face as he lifted the young man into the air with him, then threw him back to the ground with amazing force.

Even Khalum cringed as he heard the boy hit the ground and watched Hephasto land safely next to the wide hole that had been created when the young man hit. K'lith'mus ran up to the hole and looked inside, waving dust out of his face as he looked in panic for the figure of the best in Khalum's class.

"Don't worry lad...he's fine. Look at the exact center of the hole," said Hephasto as he began to slide down.

K'lith'mus looked into the hole as the dust began to clear, and soon could make out the white figure of his better, with not even a speck of dust scarring the white skin. He grinned and began sliding down into the hole with Hephasto, amazed that the boy wasn't hurt after such a violent toss.

"I'm impressed lad, I left that arm open, but no one that was standing still should have been able to see it while I was going at that speed. Obviously, your only eye is a unique case, and that alone deserves a mighty name. From this day, you are known as Harpiinokran, the Hidden Eye," said Hephasto as he lifted the young man onto his shoulder and carried him outside the crater.

12