All Comments on 'A Wife For Christmas'

by DOMann1959

Sort by:
  • 114 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
@ anon 6/3/18

This may be the last place I would have expected to find a Romper Room reference. Unfortunately, there are probably only a handful of us old enough to get it.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 4 years ago
A Wake-up Call No Heard

She heard the words, but not the message and instead of thinking how to dig out of her hole and find a little something for him for Christmas she does nothing. Very sad indeed.

KRD19254KRD19254over 4 years ago

2nd read, the saddest line of the whole story is, "because she realized that for once he was right and there was nothing she could get him." After +25yrs of marriage it has become his purgatory. The true saddest point is she did not see, consider, or understand his message or how to change this norm, she just accepts it.... He endures this definition of insanity hoping for a change.

*****

He continues to work to fulfill his oath-ed alter obligation to her to be merely tolerated. No wonder we husbands look forward to the grim reaper to set us free. Sure we husbands could walk away but would he still be a man breaking his oath? My wish is to win a lotto, changing my life, while keeping my oath in providing for her BUT FROM AFAR.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
BAD STORY.... CHANGED MY MIND.

I was not happy with this story.

Too short.

Too depressing.

Other commenters touted the realism

But I do not come to Literotica for sad realism.

For that there is the newspaper and news programs on TV.

I come to Literotica for entertainment and enjoment.

Realism is nice, but not at the expense of enjoyment.

Fortunately I held off low voting/rating this story since DOMann1959's Submissions page listed A Husband for Valentine's Day as the sequel.

What a surprise!

Almost too long.

Interesting.

Intriguing plot, carried forward with capable writing and good dialog.

I CHANGED MY MIND.

Now I see that A Wife for Christmas is a fitting backdrop to the follow-up in A Husband for Valentine's Day.

Congratulations to DOMann1959 for a

memorable (because it's different)

Literotica read.

Paul in Oklahoma

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

1 star - just a sad rant and waste of time

AccelarVesterAccelarVesterabout 1 year ago

Wow! Cut to the chase. 5*

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman5 months ago

AWESOME! not just Christmas but also Birthday, Anniversary. Could be what wife wants in a husband too, just change a few words.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

this one hits close to home:{. feels like he is talking about my life

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The ending implies she listened and understood. So perhaps maybe stop being a cold angry bitch and start acting like a wife? Just a thought. Or is there some kind of supernatural force or something stopping her from being a kind and considerate human being to the man she promised her life to?

numbnutz49numbnutz492 months ago

I've copied this story and will keep it by my side waiting for the day to deliver that message. She still thinks I'm an asshole and I tried for 35 years to say it's all my fault. The last 13 years I've known - she's no longer the woman I married, but she's the person she's always been. Thanks for writing this!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I think this story reflects more to the reality of most marriages rather than the normal. I know in my own instance i have given in for an easier life rather than standing up earlier in our marriage. No there is no cheating involved but it is totally demoralising to be bickered at constantly. Sometimes i cant understand how i have ended up the person i now am because 30 years ago i would not have tolerated the situation that i am now in. I suppose i just have 3 years until my last kid will be moving from home and will see what i do then.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous