All Comments on 'A Wife For Christmas'

by DOMann1959

Sort by:
  • 114 Comments (Page 2)
ju8streadingju8streadingover 7 years ago

a divorce maybe? set him free

hansbwlhansbwlover 7 years ago
Last sentence could read:

She let the words sink in as she watched him for a few seconds, then with damp eyes she walked away and back into the living room where she sat down with a sadness overcoming her, but suddenly with a smile she realized that there was indeed something she could give him for Christmas, a lot actually.

Would this sentence not make it a better story?

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 7 years ago
My Suggestion

I suggest she buys him a gun so he can put himself out of his misery.

screwherscrewherover 7 years ago

An interesting story trying to make a statement. But not what I come here for. Especially this section.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Hmm...

Sounds like a normal wife to me...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sad

The last paragraph says it all, she knows she'll just continue to treat him poorly and has no interest in fixing things. The only gift she can give is to let him go.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sounds like

She either isn't the only problem in the marriage or hes just too stupid to move on. He thinks her embrace of depression is stupid but he is embracing it as well by changing nothing, either the relationship or a di v orce? Pathetic.

PegasusRyderPegasusRyderover 7 years ago
More...

Sounds very familiar to what my husband told me a few years ago. Due to my ego nothing has changed for us; I am curious to read how this wife handles the confession from her husband. I hope you ad more soon.

Clark63Clark63over 7 years ago
Nuff Said

I think you said it all well written

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
a good start

please continue :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
good start

Good start. Looking forward to the rest of the story!

badinbedbadinbedover 7 years ago
Continuation?

It's clear that you didn't really plan on continuing this. However, I think it might be worth the effort to extend this and re-submit it as a longer "diatribe" (which this was simply too short to qualify as). Perhaps with an "I wish" from the wife's perspective!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
So much potential

I think that was brilliant, though I'm surprised she didn't interrupt him. I am enjoying the various outcomes that might follow and wonder what he might be getting for dinner!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

That was simply perfect!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous