A Wolf at Heart

Story Info
A bar owner shares his past and future desires.
831 words
3.22
1.1k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The following story is set in an alternate universe or world.

My name is Tony Argentez, I'm 32 and a proud owner of a bar. It wasn't exactly my first idea as a career but it worked out well. Business for me and my crew is a success. Occasionally we deal with unruly patrons who had too much to drink. But dealing with drunks is practically a walk in the park compared to my first option to become something big in life.

I wanted to be a mr big shot who lived in a mansion and owned a private military who conducted operations around the world to combat criminals and terrorists either domestic or international. I have thought about what it would be like to lead a squad and join the fight. This army of mine would have been one of the best, maybe even the greatest of all with the weapons, armored vehicles, and war tactics used. Guerrilla tactics always seemed best. Well-trained organized militaries were often always overwhelmed or held back for quite a while dealing with fighters who practiced such savage ways of fighting.

I've thought beyond criminals and terrorists on the battlefield such as killer robots, giant monsters, aliens, and zombies if they even existed. Anything is possible. Why should things like that only exist in entertainment?. I have thought of solo missions as a mercenary. Although solo missions have their moments, I assume, movies always make it seem that way, I know they can be frustrating with no backup when the unexpected happens. Again movies or even video games made it seem that way.

So despite the exciting adrenaline rush of being a soldier on the frontlines I ultimately decided not to do it and open the business I now have. I know many of my patrons some even currently serving in the armed forces. Others are retired veterans. I never told them about my military plans because they'd probably think I'm crazy. I was but they don't need to know that.

I not only work at my bar but I also live there in my private area designed and designated specifically for me. Others may enter but only with my permission. A fortress of mine I call "The Den". I like to think of myself as a wolf at heart. I've been a lone one most of my life but now as a business owner with my helpful staff, I'm now a pack leader. It's not a total loss that I didn't become a soldier or mercenary. I still feel like a badass being a bar owner. Anybody who comes in looking for trouble won't be leaving happy and if they are truly unlucky they won't be leaving alive.

Life wasn't always easy for me. Growing up I got into a lot of trouble and didn't always get along with people. I didn't like them because of their personality or personal beliefs and some felt the same toward me. I think people also didn't like me because of my quiet and mysterious nature. Maybe they were jealous cause they couldn't be as cool as I was. I wasn't the only one though. There were plenty of people like me. The world was full of envy. People always wanted what they can't have. I survived the dark ages that were my school days. Now I thrive in the life I now have. I never thought to be so sociable considering I hated it in school. Believe it or not I had some friends but preferred to be alone most of the time.

I guess if you're going to open a business you need a team of people. There was no "I" in team as they say. Despite what I said earlier about personality or personal beliefs people had I don't generally hate people or civilization but could careless. I've thought about living in the desert in some high tech fortress of a home. Maybe it can be a retirement plan. I'm open to it but I'm not so sure I can give up my beloved den. If I did live in the desert it wouldn't be too far but enough to be happy. I love the desert for its heat and open isolation. But I also like forests, jungles, small cities, and big cities so it's hard to decide on a dream retirement home if any.

If I lived in my own isolated home I doubt anything bad would happen. But incase of a worst-case scenario, I'd get myself reliable firepower, security cameras, and of course dogs to sniff out the threat before pursuing it and ripping it apart. I'm territorial so anything that wants to tread on my turf uninvited is going to have a really bad day. I'll make sure they feel the sting of judgement by me Tony Argentez a man of mystery, intelligence and sheer savage and brutal nature willing to exercise it on anyone and anything that dares mess with me.