A WolfPack's Epilogue

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

...and took the tip of Khopesh's slice across the back of her neck, almost completely severing her spinal cord. It was the "almost", combined with her D-Flux granted durability and regeneration, that kept her from dying right there on the rubble.

In that moment, everything stopped. Even Baron Khopesh seemed shocked at what happened. He took a step back, gave Melissa's fallen body a grim warrior's salute, raised his sword and turned back to us...

...And Takeshi's plasma-ribbon shot went right through his left eye, dropping him instantly.

We'd won. The Chicago Incursion was over. But the last blood hadn't yet been spilled.

***

PRESENT DAY

It was seven o'clock, official trick-or-treat time halfway over, and I had a brief respite. I sat down on the couch in the front room, still wearing my powered-down body armor.

"How you holding up, fearless leader?"

I looked back to Melissa on my laptop screen, who was currently getting her forehead lightly scratched by her very kind nurse. I would need to think of something nice to do for Jonas, he really went above and beyond for Melissa in every way. Can you imagine having an itch on your nose, and never be able to scratch it yourself? How awkward it would be to have to ask someone else to scratch it for you, and how maddening it could get if there was no one around to help?

"Doing alright," I said. "I forgot how weirdly comfortable the suit is -- great back support, for one thing. Still got plenty of candy to give away, and if there's anything left over afterwards, I'll donate to the local grade school tomorrow." Then the doorbell rang. "Welp, duty calls. BE THERE IN A SECOND!"

"Trick or Treat, Wolfpack Red! Wanna unwrap your present?" No children this time... just one young woman in her mid-twenties, who unzipped her jacket to reveal a cosplay version of Melissa's "Wolfpack Yellow" armor, bizarrely crossed with something out of the Frederick's of Hollywood lingerie catalog. She had her black hair covered with an obviously fake blonde wig, her exquisite breasts were half-pulled out of her slip's cups, and my shoulders slumped in defeat.

"Hello, Dawnette. Nice to see you. And good night, Dawnette. Happy Halloween." I moved to close the door, but she put her foot in the way, pouting all the while.

"Awwww, c'mon Harrison! Can't a girl come in out of the cold for a nightcap?"

I stood in her way. "No, I'm sorry, but you can't. How did you even find me here? This house isn't listed under any name you should know."

"A girl never reveals her secrets. Come onnnnn, Wolfpack Red. I need you to complete my Red-Striker collection, and I've heard so many delightful stories about how you fill out that armor's codpiece. I know you think I'm pretty." She pulled her breasts full out into the open, where they settled with a lovely little bounce, her little pink nipples rock-hard in the cool air, practically holding up signs that read "SUCKLE ME, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD". She grinned, knowing full well that she at least had a little of my attention. "I finally landed Olympus Red just two nights back, been diddling myself thinking of THAT one for years, and oh, he was worth the wait..." She reached out, and stroked a finger along my armored breastplate. "But I know you'll be even better, Mister Harrison Halloway."

I sighed, gently moved her finger away, and pulled off my helmet. "Dawnette. Do you see this face? This is the face of a man who didn't fuck you the last five times you've asked, is not going to fuck you tonight, or any other night. Melissa and I are engaged, and I am absolutely not going to cheat on her. In fact, she's watching this whole thing right now." I pointed to the cameras installed over the door and behind me in the foyer. "It's nice that you have a hobby, but I have no intention of being a notch on your bed post. Move your foot, please."

She closed her jacket, and her expression changed from one of ridiculously exaggerated lust, to something actually human -- a small frown of concern. "Believe it or not, this isn't just about me. I heard about... well, what happened. And I know you love Wolfpack Yellow very much -- she's awesome, no question. But I also know that... well, she's in the state she's in, and that leaves you... a little lonely. Maybe I could, well, help?"

She reached up and caressed my cheek, and I was shocked at how... hungry I was for that touch, once I'd felt it. No had touched me like that in years. Not since Melissa was injured. I shivered, but gently pulled her hand away. "Dawnette, I'm... flattered, and touched by your concern. But my answer is still no." I glanced up, and saw a new crowd of kids heading towards my door. "Please excuse me, I have candy to give out."

Dawnette glanced behind her, and sighed. "Mind if I at least grab a little candy for the road?"

I reached over and held up the bowl. "Help yourself." Faster than a blink, she leaned in, pushing the bowl to one side and laid a quick kiss on my lips. She immediately turned and headed for her car in my driveway, waving as she retreated. I touched my lips, and waved back before I put my helmet back on, and turned to my newest costumed guests.

Four more groups later, I was back on the sofa, chatting away with Melissa again. "...and then she kissed me."

"I saw. I have to admit, I'm impressed -- Dawnette Baker, the 'Pamela Des Barres' of Striker fandom, groupie supreme, really seemed to be determined to track you down and get you naked." She smiled. "But you know -- I'm starting to think she had a point. I know you've been lonely, hon. I've got your ring on my finger, and I can't do a damn thing."

"Hey, that's not true. You're starting to get feeling back into your fingers, which means Doctor Yang's theory about your D-Flux healing factor working even on nerve tissue was right! You'll beat this. You'll be okay. And I'll wait for you. I love you."

She sighed. "You really do make me the happiest woman alive, Harrison. Especially when you say things like that. But all the same, I wish we could make this easier for you." The doorbell rang, and she stuck her tongue out at me. "To be continued. Go give out some tasty candy, dear."

I set the laptop aside, and stood up. Sounded like a fairly large group out there, so I checked the bowl to make sure it was filled with a decent variety, made sure my visor was down, and opened the door.

"TRICK OR TREAT!"

"Hey, looking great...oh ho, what's this?" Before me, an entire team of little Strikers from a variety of new and old teams stood, in very well made costumes. I snapped off a salute. "Strikers, Report For Battle!" The children giggled with glee, and lined up, each doing their namesake's signature pose and catchphrase.

"Scaling The Mountains For Peace And Truth! Olympus Purple!"

"Lighting The Sky With Brilliance! SuperNova Gold!"

"Stealth Is The Warrior's True Weapon! Dino-Ninja Black!"

"Break On Through To The Other Side! Rampage Red!"

"Protect The People At All Costs! Techno-Samurai Green!"

"Not Gonna Take Your Guff! Bright Star Salmon Pink!"

I laughed out loud at that one -- Monica "Salmon Pink" Kowalski was a dear friend. We'd chatted away many a StrikerCon together, and she would've been absolutely floored with the power of her doppleganger's cuteness. I'd have to email this video to her. As the group looked at me expectantly, I realized I was holding things up. I put the bowl behind me, and executed my own pose for the second time that night. "Howling For Justice, Ready To Hunt! WOLFPACK RED!"

The children clapped and cheered -- it was nice to be reminded that not everyone shared the prevailing opinion about "Bloody Red Halloway" -- but I heard a woman's voice gasp in shock behind them. I looked up, and saw two women standing there. One was a friendly-looking blonde, who just seemed to be happy to be having a fun night out with her kids, but the other had a hand to her mouth, her eyes wide.

Her hair was a huge dark falling wave. Her skin had a slightly odd undertone, that made one think that maybe she used a fair amount of makeup to give her a unique look, even though her cable-knit sweater and tight jeans were about as normal an outfit as one could imagine. Her nose came to a sharper point than you'd see on most people, and her haunting beauty... had haunted me still for all these years. It couldn't be...

FACIAL RECOGNITION SOFTWARE ACTIVATED.

Triggered by my focusing on her so intently, my helmet's HUD resolved a targeting reticle around her face, and after a brief second of processing, a file photo was superimposed in the space next to her.

IDENTITY CONFIRMED: BARONESS NAGINATA

I was floored. After her bastard of a husband had died and, as she predicted, the Incursion ground to a halt, she'd vanished. Some thought she'd returned to her home dimension along with the remnants of the Diamond Throne Armada, but others thought that she'd accepted Sandow's offer of Asylum here on Earth. I'd never been told one way or the other, and to be honest, I had more... pressing matters on my mind at the time. But five years later, here she was. Judging from her reaction, she must've recognized my voice, and realized the armor I was wearing was the real deal. In a numb haze, I showered the little cosplay Strikers with an obscene amount of free candy, and the group turned to walk away... except for Naginata, who stood there, still as shocked as I was.

"Nattie? You coming?" Her friend tugged at her elbow. "Come on, it's getting chilly out, we're gonna hit three more houses and then call it a night." She leaned in, and I could hear her whispering with my helmet sensors. "I mean, he looks kinda buff under that armor, sure, but get a grip, girlfriend."

'Nattie' managed a nod. "Madison, you go on ahead, I need to... ask this man a question." It was definitely her. The same strange accent that seemed like a mashup of Australian, Japanese, and New York English. The same soft sound that seemed so out of place with how fierce a warrior she truly was. As her friend and the gaggle of kiddie-strikers headed next door, she stepped forward. "Harrison... you ARE Harrison Halloway, yes?"

I flipped up my helmet's visor. "Baroness..."

"Please don't call me that. I've renounced my title, and everything that went with it. I'm an American citizen now."

I set the bowl down. "Do... do you want to come in?"

She bit her lip. "I do, but I promised Madison I'd help her corral her children and their friends. But... I'll be back. I promise. In an hour? Would that be alright?"

"Yes, YES! Please! I hate it that we lost track after the Incursion, and I have so many questions! I'm sure Melissa does too!"

Naginata swallowed hard. "Is she here?"

I pointed to the cameras. "In a manner of speaking. Hold on for one second." I ran and grabbed the laptop, and brought it up to show Naginata the face of my fiancee.

Melissa was crying, but smiling as well. "Naginata... is that really you?"

The ex-Baroness gasped, taking in the sight of Melissa immobilized in a distant hospital bed, her eyes welling up. "Wolfpack Yellow. The noblest of all. Oh by the Throne, I am so, so, sorry." She looked back up at me. "I have to go. But I WILL return. Tonight. I swear it upon my Grandfather's honor." She looked like she wanted to say so much more, but she bolted, tears in her eyes as she ran to catch up to her friend.

I closed the door, and checked the time on the wall clock. Eight PM. Trick or treating was officially over, and I hadn't noticed any stragglers out, so I turned off the porch light and the light-up yard decorations -- but made sure the living room lights were still bright, so that Naginata wouldn't think I'd gone to sleep when she returned. I set the laptop down, and in a state of quiet shock, dematerialized the armor, felt the undersuit reform into my normal clothes, and went back outside to blow out the candles in the two Jack O'Lanterns i'd carved. That done, I sat back down on the couch, and looked over at the laptop, at my love.

I could see Jonas' hand in view, drying her tears with a tissue, and asking if she was going to be okay. "Thank you, Jonas, I'm okay now. Just had a bit of a shock." She tapped the blowing tube with the tip of her tongue. "I'll call you if I need anything, I just want to talk to Harrison alone for a bit." After Jonas had stepped away, she looked back to me. "Holy. Fucking. Shit."

"Yeah. I'm still reeling myself."

"Just seeing her face... that brings some memories back."

I nodded. "Sure does."

***

FIVE AND A HALF YEARS AGO

"Excellent form as always, Crimson Warrior." Baroness Naginata and I circled each other warily, while all around us, Roland was single-handedly trashing a baker's dozen of this Incursion Elite's foot soldiers. The rest of the team had taken WolfPack Mecha-Alpha into Lake Michigan to take down the Bio-Leviathan there. I was confident they could handle piloting the giant robot well enough without Roland and me, and protect the Navy base just fine.

"I'm sure my sensei appreciates your compliments, milady. But there's no reason for us to cross blades."

She laughed out loud at that, slowly twirling her weapon's shaft in a defensive spin. "There is every reason, my darling wolf. You stand between our young Emperor and his glorious ideals of Unification." Her blade snapped out like a striking snake, but I batted it away with the flat of my wolf-sword.

"Your Emperor is a kind child who wants nothing more than shiny toys and an afternoon nap. It's your Regent and your husband that worry me. They don't want unification, they want subjugation. And I'm sorry, but Earth isn't going to be the Armada's slave. Not now, not ever. Go tell your beloved Baron that."

"Beloved?" She let out a laugh, a beautiful sound from a beautiful voice. "An empty honorific. My family's alliance with Khopesh is politics. Nothing more, nothing less. He's far too busy with the work of war to attend to my womanly needs, so perhaps it's time I found myself a dalliance." She stood back, one hand caressing down the side of her trim belly, and her utterly grabbable hourglass hips. "I feel your eyes upon me, Crimson Warrior. I know you find my body pleasing. Come, let us divest ourselves of our cumbersome armor, and take our pleasure here and now, in the heat of battle. You've held your own against me time and again, proof of your worth. Now I would ask you wield your more... personal weapon. Run me through, darling wolf."

It was far too easy to imagine it -- this alien sex-goddess bent over as I grabbed her hips and rammed it into her from behind, her exotic voice gasping my name. I knew exactly what she looked like under that armor, from when we were trapped on that deserted island together for two weeks. Even on nights after Melissa had been fucking me ragged in our barracks, I would still dream of Naginata, standing under that waterfall without an ounce of modesty, pleasuring herself and screaming in ecstasy under the light of the full moon, her eyes locked with mine as I stood transfixed after stumbling across her there.

But I hadn't succumbed to temptation then, and I wouldn't now. "Sorry, milady, but I'm spoken for. You're not getting past me to steal those blueprints, and you're definitely not getting into my pants."

"Yes, your beloved Wolfpack Yellow." She went into the defensive spin again, and we continued or slow dance of watchfulness. "I grant she is a worthy and noble spirit, but even one such as she should stand aside for my regal glory." She paused, and lowered her weapon. Never looking away, I did the same. "Let us make a wager, Wolfpack Red. Our duels have been the fuel of legend upon your world and mine, but let us make this sixth battle between us... more interesting. What is your expression? I wish to raise the stakes. A wager."

We'd fought one-on-one five times before this, and each encounter had ended in stalemate. We were evenly matched in nearly every way, and for all my drive to increase my skill and seek out greater mastery of my blade in order to defeat her, she'd done much the same on her end, keeping pace with me -- and then some -- throughout this entire war. But if nothing else, the Baroness had a code of honor. It was the center of her world, and she'd kept every promise she'd ever made. "I'm listening."

She held her arms wide, trusting me not to stab forward as we talked. "Too long have things gone unsettled between us. I would know now and forever, which of us is the superior. No more interruptions, no more distractions, no more anything -- until one of us yields. Yes?"

"To what end?" Naginata always had a reason for everything she did. Every plan, every tactic, every swipe of her polearm, it always had a purpose.

"To satisfy me, Crimson. If you yield to me today, then I will take the blueprints I desire, bring you back with me to my chambers tonight, use you for my carnal gratification, and then release you back to your Pack upon the sunrise, safe and unharmed. I promise you, we'll both enjoy it tremendously."

I took a deep breath. "And if you yield to me?"

She stroked along her bare neck. "Then you will take me. Bring me home to your golden beloved. Muffle my debased cries with your shaft, as she brings me to screaming with her tongue between my thighs. Violate every opening, the both of you, with fingers, cock, tongue, and any... toys you Earthers might take to fancy. I will be your plaything... not for one night. But for forever more. If I yield to you today, then I yield to you... everything."

Behind me, Roland bodily tossed a masked henchmen into a crowd of his comrades, knocking them all to the ground. "Jesus Christ, Harrison! Will you just fuck this woman already?"

I shook my head. "If you yield to me, Baroness... if you truly intend to yield everything... then yield to me your allegiance. Stand by my side in battle. Cross swords alongside me, not against me. We defeated the Shadow Beast of Karkas Island together -- imagine what even greater foes we might defeat as one."

Naginata's eyes went wide, her lips parting in lust, excitement, and need on every possible level. "Oh yes. YES. You understand me so well. It was you I should have made beloved from the start, I see that now. Let us begin, while my blood boils beyond compare! DEFEND YOURSELF!"

***

PRESENT DAY

It had been a long hour. Melissa had some, well, biological needs that had to be attended to, so I muted my laptop and turned it aside for her modesty, while she summoned Jonas to make sure everything was working okay without any mess. I moved all the half-depleted cases of candy to the garage, and loaded them into the car's trunk. I swept the living room's floor, and out of boredom, even did a little light dusting. Eventually, I turned back to the computer and unmuted it. "Everything good?"

"Everything a-okay, Harrison. Sorry about that. When you gotta go, you gotta go, am I right?"

"Yup. That's just how life is sometimes." I leaned back on the sofa with the laptop on my knees. "Everything okay otherwise?"

She gave a sad sigh. "Not entirely."

I sat up. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"Yeah. I feel horrible about bringing it up now, but... I'd been putting this off since I talked about it with Doctor Cristos this morning."

"Your psychotherapist?"

"Yeah. So... here goes. I got really, really angry this morning. Not at you! Don't worry about that. I was angry at myself... but most of all, I was angry with D.J. -- and when I realized how happy I was that he was dead -- and that YOU were the one who killed him, that's when I really got angry at myself."

I let out a heavy breath. "Well, it's not like I didn't earn the whole 'Bloody Red Halloway' thing."

***

FIVE YEARS AGO

"Derrik Jeremiah Carter. Wolfpack Green. Listen to me. Stand down. You don't need to do this."