A Writer's Dilemma and the Muse

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Real people aren't...well, real people are normal and normal people don't commit murders and normal people aren't usually cops. I mean, cops are normal people but they're different than other normal people. Normal people wouldn't put themselves at risk to protect someone else and they wouldn't want to see all the things cops see almost every day."

Marion chuckled.

"Well, I wouldn't want to be a murderer...or is it murderess? I don't know which is right. Anyway, I wouldn't want to be a person who kills another person, and as for being a cop...I don't think I'm cut out to do something like that. I can do other things you could write about though, and it would fix your other problem."

I knew what she was talking about. She was talking about the fact that I've never put much sex into my novels.

"You must be talking about me putting more sex into my story."

Marion grinned.

"Yes, that's what I'm talking about."

I smiled.

"Well, I could try that I suppose. I could make you a prostitute who witnessed a murder."

Marion laughed.

"I'm too old to be a prostitute. I've seen them on the cop shows on TV. They're all in their twenties with perky boobs and tight butts. I guess I'll have to wait until the novel you write after this one."

Marion looked at me then.

"You know, Todd. You've made moving out here a lot easier for me by helping me with everything. I watched you today running my tiller. You were hot and sweaty but you didn't give up like I would have. Right now, you look tired. You deserve something for that. Hey, I know. Let's go for a swim in my pool. That always relaxes me. I'll bet it'll make you feel better too.

I said I didn't have a pair of trunks, which was true. I've never been much of a swimmer. Marion just waved her hand at me.

"You're wearing underwear, aren't you? Most men's underwear covers as much as swimming trunks and more than some do. Besides, it's almost dark so nobody will see us. I'll go change while you get in the water."

Marion jumped up before I had a chance to say anything.

If I hadn't just finished that third Corona, I might have acted differently. My tolerance for alcohol is about two beers, three if I've had something to eat and I'm not tired. I was pretty tired, but I kept thinking about the nights I'd watched Marion in her pool.

Taking off my shirt was easy. Taking off my shoes and socks was easy. I was still working up the courage to take off my jeans when Marion came back in another two-piece suit. She was carrying two more Coronas. She looked at me and grinned.

"I brought us another beer. You're not gonna chicken out on me, are you?"

She handed me my beer and then climbed the ladder and got into her pool, then looked over the side and said, "It's dark and I can't see you. What are you waiting for?"

Well, it did feel good to set my Corona on the edge of the pool like Marion had, and then climb the ladder back down into the water, but it wasn't very relaxing. As soon as I was in, I felt the water moving around me until Marion touched me...on my chest.

"Now, that wasn't so bad, now was it? We'll just stay here until we're both all relaxed. I'm pretty relaxed right now. How about you?"

I was anything but relaxed. Marion's soft fingers were starting to raise my cock. It didn't help any at all when she moved her hand down a little. When I shivered, she giggled.

"Are you cold? I'm not."

"No, it's just that it's been a while since a woman touched me like that."

Marion giggled again.

"Am I doing something to you that you don't like?"

I couldn't answer right away because Marion put her other hand on my shoulder. I didn't shiver, but I knew my cock was about half-hard. If she got any closer, she'd probably feel it against her stomach.

"It's not that I don't like it. It's just...well...like I said, it hasn't happened for a while."

Marion pulled her hands away and I felt the water moving around me a little, then her hands on my shoulders again. When she pulled herself a little closer, I realized she'd take off the top of her suit.

She sighed as she pressed her heavy breasts into my chest.

"It's been a long time for me too, long enough I'd almost forgotten how this feels."

She got a little closer, close enough I felt her smooth thigh slip between my legs, and she chuckled then.

"I'd forgotten how that feels too. It makes me feel good that I'm doing this to you. After Bob found his bimbo, I thought it was probably just me. Part of you is telling me it wasn't me at all."

There was absolutely nothing wrong with Marion, but she'd surprised me again. It was obvious what she wanted, or at least I thought it was pretty obvious since she'd taken off her top. I knew it was obvious when she moved her right hand down my chest, then my belly, and then slipped it inside the waistband of my underwear.

She stroked my rigid shaft a few times, and then said, "I need you to kiss me now."

That kiss sealed my fate, I guess. Between Marion's soft lips on mine, her wet little tongue touching mine, and her soft hands gently rubbing my cock, I gave in and cupped her hips with my hands. She moaned into my mouth when I did that. When she pulled gently away, she whispered, "Let's go in my house. I've tried this in a swimming pool before and it's not like they show it in the movies."

Marion didn't bother to put her top back on. She just got out of the pool and stood by the ladder while I climbed out, then put her arms around my neck and pressed her breasts into my chest again. After she kissed my earlobe, she whispered, "Don't put your clothes back on. I want to see you in the light just like you are now."

Well, Marion got her wish. I followed her though her back door and into her kitchen. When I was through the door, she closed it, locked it and then asked me to stay in the kitchen while she got us a towel. A couple minutes later, she came back, tossed me a blue bath towel, and then took off the bottoms of her swimsuit.

She grinned when she started drying herself and pointed to my underwear.

"I showed you mine. Now I want to see yours. Show me."

By that time, I was past thinking about anything except Marion's heavy breasts, her dark, stiff nipples and the patch of dark brown hair on her mound. She'd trimmed it, I suppose so the hair wouldn't stick out from the swimsuit, trimmed it in a triangle on her mound, but her lips were shaved bare. I slipped my underwear off my ass and then down my legs. I dried my legs with the towel and then my balls and stiff cock.

Marion was smiling when she tossed her towel onto a chair, put her arms around my neck and pressed her breasts into my chest again.

"When I moved out here, I didn't expect to have a single man as my neighbor. I figured I'd be the odd duck in a pond full of married couples. When I met you and you said you weren't married, I wondered if I could convince you that I need help in ways that aren't just carrying things or putting a grill together or running a tiller. Todd, I need to feel needed again, like I felt needed a long time ago. I don't care if it's just for tonight. I just need to feel like a man is still interested in me. You seem to be interested."

I was interested, for two reasons. One, obviously, was Marion's breasts against my chest and the hair that was gently pressing against my cock. I don't know many men who wouldn't be interested if that was going on.

The other reason was that I thought I was seeing the true Marion now, not the Marion who'd talked me into doing a lot of things for her, and not the Marion who seemed to really hate her ex-husband. This was the Marion who was a woman who appeared to be very strong on the outside, but was really pretty fragile on the inside. That was a Marion who made sense to the writer in me, and also the Marion who had just become a very special person in my life.

I put my arms around Marion and smiled.

"Maybe we should see if I can do that for you."

If I had any reservations about whether Marion was serious or not, they went away as soon as we walked into her bedroom. She'd already pulled the blankets and sheets down to the foot of the bed so she must have planned on this happening. She stopped at the edge of the bed, put her arms around my neck again, and whispered, "Kiss me again."

That kiss led me to easing her down on the bed and when she rolled over onto her back, I laid down beside her. Marion snuggled up to me then, lifted her left breast up to sit it on my chest, and pushing her hairy mound into my thigh. I kissed her again then while stroking her big breast. When my fingertips brushed Marion's nipple, she caught her breath for a second and then moaned into my mouth.

Marion pulled away for a second then to lift her left breast up and push it toward my mouth. I didn't need her to tell me what she wanted. When I closed my lips around that nipple and mouthed it, Marion shuddered and I felt her start rubbing her mound against my thigh. I pinched her nipple between my lips and then sucked gently while I slipped my hand down to her mound.

Marion moaned again when I cupped my fingers enough I felt her bare, soft, puffy lips, and she caught her breath again when my middle finger slipped between those lips. She breathed, "Oh God", and then found my cock.

Marion seemed pretty dry, but that would be because of the time we'd spent in the pool. I licked my fingers and then started stroking her clit very lightly, and after a while, she wasn't dry anymore. Her inner lips were warm and wet and stuck to my finger when I moved my finger down.

When my finger reached her entrance, I slipped it inside her a little and then started moving it in and out. Marion locked her lips to mine, found my tongue with hers, and then moaned when I curled my finger up.

She was open enough by then that I slipped two fingers inside her, found the little pad just inside the tight spot in her entrance, and curled up my fingers again. Marion jerked a little when I began massaging that little pad, then moaned loudly and I felt a little wet warmth flow onto my fingers.

Marion stopped kissing me long enough to whisper, "Oh God" again and then started rocking her body up into my stroking fingers. She gasped when I pinched her nipple lightly between my teeth, and the hand that had been gently stroking my cock suddenly tightened and began stroking faster.

I let her do that until it was getting hard to not just let go. I gave her clit a few rubs with my thumb and then said, "Marion, slow down a little or I'm going to disappoint you."

Marion just raised her thigh a little higher, turned her body, and then guided my cock head to her entrance.

"I'm ready", she whispered. "Let's do it like this."

She was pretty slippery inside, but she was also a pretty tight fit. My cock isn't huge, but I was still feeling every little ripple inside Marion as I stroked in and out. That was going fine until she caught her breath and I felt her passage squeezing my cock. When I groaned a little, Marion whispered, "I told you there are things I can do that are more interesting. This helps me too."

The more I sucked on Marion's nipple and the more I stroked my cock in and out of her, the more frequent and stronger those squeezes were. Every time I felt one of those squeezes Marion seemed to get wetter and more slippery inside. I was thankful for that. It was getting harder and harder to keep from ramming my cock inside Marion and letting myself cum.

I knew Marion was catching up with me when she started to push her body into my strokes and then shudder a little when I pulled out. A few strokes later, I felt her left hand, the hand that had been stroking my shoulder and chest, I felt her grip my shoulder and gasp. That hand relaxed when I eased my cock out of her, but on the next stroke, her body jerked into me and she dug her fingernails into my shoulder. She gasped out a little moan and then squeezed my thighs between hers.

After three more strokes, Marion made a little soft cry and her thighs began to shake. One more stroke was all it took. Marion cried out and thrust her body into mine, then began rocking herself over my cock. I couldn't hold out any longer. I groaned and let things happen as they would. I groaned again when the first stream raced up my shaft and deep inside Marion. I tried to pull out before ramming my cock inside her for the second, but that was useless. She had me locked between her thighs and she was doing everything she could to stroke herself over my cock.

Spurts two and three left me gasping for breath, but Marion wasn't done yet. She kept making little whimpering cries and rocking her body against me while I was feeling contractions around my cock. After a while, that rocking was only once in a while and accompanied by a little moan from Marion. It wasn't until my cock softened enough it slipped out of her wet, grasping passage that she stopped.

Marion took a few deep breaths and then giggled.

"Wow...I knew I was in bad shape, but I didn't think it was that bad."

I stroked Marion's back and asked her what she meant by being in bad shape. She kissed my neck and her voice was low and sultry.

"I've always liked sex, probably too much for my own good. Before Bob found his girlfriend, we did it every night. When that stopped, I started feeling really tense all the time. I knew why because it had happened once before when Bob had to take a trip for a week. That time just wasn't as bad as this time.

"I tried doing it myself and that helped, but it wasn't the same. I knew I needed a man to do it for me. When I moved out here and met you, I thought maybe I'd found that man. That's why I kept asking you to help me. I wanted to see just how far you'd go.

"That's why I dressed like I did and why I took off my top that night you watched me from your window. I wanted to tell you that I wanted this, but I didn't know how to do it without you thinking I'm some sort of slut. I thought showing you my boobs might make you want me. When that didn't do it, I took off everything the next time.

"I know you watched me that night too. You never close the door to your writing room do you? Well, even with the room lights out, the hall light shines in enough you make a silhouette that I could see.

"I saw you getting hard a few times so I knew it wasn't me. I figured you were too nice of a guy to start anything, so I'd have to."

Marion kissed my chest again and then stroked my cheek.

"I was afraid you'd think I was a bad woman and turn me down, but you were the only man I trusted enough to ask. I feel a lot better now."

I felt Marion's hand slide down my belly then until she was holding my cock. She gave it a couple shakes and then giggled again.

"Could I talk you into letting me fix breakfast for us both tomorrow morning? You can just stay here tonight and help me again."

Well, that night one thing led to another and that led me to be on my knees behind Marion and fondling her big breasts and nipples while she pushed herself back and forth over my cock. Right at the end, her legs were shaking so hard she started to fall down on the bed. I grabbed her hips to hold her up and then just held on while she kept shaking. I managed three spurts that time, and each one left me panting. Like the time before, Marion kept going for a few seconds.

When she stopped squeezing my cock with her passage, I let Marion ease back down and then rolled over beside her. She raised up, turned on her side, and then snuggled up to me.

"I feel a lot better now. I might need you to help me tomorrow morning though. I have a lot of time to make up."

}|{

Well, that night was the start of something I don't want to end and something I don't think I could end even if I wanted to. It just got better the more I got to know Marion.

I'm still writing my next novel, but only on the three days a week that Marion works at the garden center. It's changed since Marion asked me how I was doing. She happened by lying in bed beside me at the time.

"So, did you figure out how to put me in your novel yet?"

I said I was still having trouble with that because I couldn't picture her being involved in a murder in any way. She smiled then.

"Maybe you're writing the wrong kind of novel then."

I said murder mysteries were my style and I couldn't change that. Marion stroked my chest then.

"Well, you could still write a murder mystery, but couldn't your detective have a girlfriend, you know, a woman he comes home to who helps him with all the stress of his job? If you were a cop, I bet I could relieve your stress for you."

I was three weeks into the novel when I told Marion she was my muse. She just laughed.

"All I did was suggest you give your detective a girlfriend. Let's see what you've written so far."

She read through the first two chapters and then grinned.

"Now, this novel will sell. Women will want to read it because they'll be able to identify with the girlfriend."

She grinned then and pulled her top over her head.

"As a matter of fact, I'm identifying with her right now. I'd like to see how it feels to be on top like you wrote her in the second chapter."

}|{

Well, that novel did sell and it sold a lot better than the other three I'd written. My agent asked me how I could write the sex so well.

"It's like you know how a woman feels. Not many male authors can do that. What happened to change you? If you keep writing novels like this one, I'll have publishers knocking on my door and wanting to publish your next novel. If you can write in even more sex, we'll change your name to a woman's name and I'll submit it to Harlequin."

I said nothing had really changed. I'd just decided that I didn't have enough sex in my novels and had asked a friend to help me.

She grinned.

"If what she helps you with is what you write, I'd be interested in giving you a little help too."

I just smiled and said I had all the help I needed.

Well, I've started novel number five. I've decided my detective and his girlfriend are going to be permanent characters in my novels. Marion likes that idea, and keeps helping me figure out ways they can have sex to reduce the detectives stress level.

On Thursday afternoon, we did a little weeding on her flowerbed and then had a couple steaks she cooked on the grill. It was dark by the time we finished and Marion said she wondered what the detective and his girlfriend would do on a warm night when they were out on his patio.

"They're really into each other and you always write her as wanting to try new things. I think she might do something like this."

Marion grinned as she took off her clothes. Then she told me to sit on top of her picnic table. When I did, she pushed me back on the table and started to unbuckle my belt. When she had my pants and underwear down to my knees, she climbed up on top of me.

"You just hold still and I'll show you what I think the girlfriend would do."

That was interesting, although I think when I write it I'll have it be on a chaise lounge. That picnic table was hard and I got a splinter in my ass. I didn't realize it until we went inside. Marion saw it and said she'd pull it out for me.

She got her tweezers and sat down in a chair with me in front of her.

"Now hold still so I can get it out."

I felt her hand on my cock.

"Marion, that's not where the splinter is."

She giggled.

"I know, but this is so you don't feel it when I pull the splinter out."

I don't remember her pulling out the splinter. To tell the truth, I don't think there was ever a splinter in my ass. I think Marion just wanted an excuse to jack my cock until it got hard so we could have sex again. It did, and we did right there on her kitchen table except this time Marion was on her back and I was standing on the floor. She said it felt like I was in her deeper than the other ways. I don't know about that. When she was riding my cock, it felt like I was in pretty deep. I could see her lips spread out around my cock when she was all the way down.