Aaron Ch. 26-29

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Gem, I am truly sorry. I know you won't be able to let this go straight away but I swear I will never betray you or any friend like that again. I should have been honest and direct, and even though you were scared I know you Gem, I know how brave you are, you would have told him and had the chance to do so in private, with dignity, and without me risking our friendship. I am glad Lucas now knows everything but I regret my actions."

"Oh wipe your eyes or I'll start, then Luna will be in here and all of us will be bawling, and you don't know bawling till you get two pregnant werewolves showing you how it is done." Gem hugged Kate. "Hang out with Aaron we'll have time to get us back on track after he leaves."

"I don't even like thinking about it. You think you and Luna have crying mastered I think after he pulls out the drive you'll see a complete breakdown."

"We'll get you through this and then you can be our slave when we're too pregnant to do anything."

"I can paint toenails, tie shoes, climb ladders and everything you may need."

"I see you have experience. Luna and I are going to be in good hands."

She gave Kate a kiss on the cheek and left with a bit of a bounce in her step, Kate took that as a good sign that her friend was happy, really happy and that was all Kate would wish for everyone in her pack, especially her friends. She as a result returned to Aaron in a much better state herself.

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Aaron had left Kate and the rest of his family a week earlier. He was settling in with the crew. Had made a few friends and was enjoying the initial training and had even gone out on a recovery operation. He had skyped Kate every night, missing her terribly. He of course caught up with her often during the day too, however had asked her to not contact him during training so he could focus. She was obviously busy with a combination of wedding plans and a pending return to the city to continue her medical training.

Today he had been up since five and on the go all day, he contacted Kate, "Baby I'm exhausted is it okay if we skip skype tonight? I'll catch up with you and Emily tomorrow."

"You sound ready to pass out. Get a good sleep Aaron, Emily and I will survive one night without you."

"Thanks Katie. Give squirt a hug for me."

Aaron immediately contacted Emily, "Squirt, give my woman a huge hug and kiss from me, I'm crashing early and no skype tonight."

"She knows that right? I'm not going to arrive and find her trying to connect to you?"

"Of course she knows. I'm not a jerk."

"Phew, I didn't want a road-trip with Kate, Luna and Gem to come kick your butt."

"Luckily I get to avoid that too. Love you Squirt."

"Love ya too A.J. Now get some sleep you're almost slurring."

***

Kate looked at her messages again, "I can't believe you and I are heading to the city tomorrow Emily. It feels like we only got here yesterday."

"Speak for yourself. I feel like I've been here a year. I still can't get my head around how quickly everyone has just accepted me. I bet I won't get that lucky at my new school."

"I told you we will meet up with a few of the city teenagers at the café before your first day. Relax. They'll love you just like everyone here does, and you'll be fine when school starts back."

"How old are you again? Because I didn't think you were so old to have forgotten what first days are like."

"Come on finish getting this stuff packed and we will load up the car. If we get on the road straight after breakfast we can miss most of the traffic. You've left enough here for visits and your clothes for the wedding, right?"

"Yes mummy, and I brushed my teeth after dinner too."

"Smarty pants. You can get this downstairs yourself then. I'm going."

"As if you were carrying it. The omegas would have sulked until after we left."

"They do not sulk. Besides they know I can only cope with so much before I crave doing things myself."

"The only one in this place that sulks more than an omega is you Kate."

"That's it. I'm going before I leave you here."

"As if. You love me."

"Hmmm I'm not so sure about that right now."

"You love me. You love me. You love me. Say it."

"Fine I love you, doesn't mean I'll put up with your mouth."

"Quick Kate look in the mirror."

Kate turned, and then puzzled asked, "What?"

"Your bottom lip was showing." Emily ducked the pillow Kate threw her way before leaving. "Love you."

"I am well aware." Kate called back.

***

"Hey Katie, did you catch up with Aaron?"

"No I wanted to skype early but he was busy, and now Emily and I are almost packed up but he's already in bed, and I'm ready for a drink and will crash the second my head hits the pillow."

"Two nights in a row? How are you coping, last time he was just running late you nearly had a coronary?"

"Don't exaggerate. We've text a few times, and he sent me a picture of this cute pup that has started following him around. I think he may come home with a dog." She laughed.

"Yeah, right, exaggerate 'Do you think something's wrong?' 'Should I call for a fifth time in five minutes?' Sorry my mistake, you were cool as a cucumber."

"Speaking of cool customers, Emily is getting worked up about starting a new school. I'm going to invite the city based teenagers to lunch at the café the day after tomorrow. That would give her Friday and two more days before school, so hopefully they will make some plans including her for the weekend. What do you think?"

"Great plan. I'm sure that she'll adjust in no time and there are a few of the younger pack members working at the café too remember."

"Yeah Glen has already had her talking to some of them here and via facebook. They set up a page for the Rose & Thorn and it seems to be getting very popular."

"Great idea. Speaking of facebook Lucas is thinking big again for Gem's Goodies. I now not only have a facebook page, but he has convinced Owen and Maggie to set up a small store next to the restaurant."

"Are you okay with him getting so involved?"

"Oh definitely. He talks over everything and gets my input first, and I love how supportive he is being. Some of the pack have already put in orders for my work, and now word is spreading they may be able to sell through the store too, I am getting quite a bit of interest from other arty-crafty types."

"That is fantastic. Promise me if it gets too much, or you want him to lay off, you will tell him?"

"I'm a hormonal, pregnant werewolf, even if I tried not to, I would blurt it out. Kate, seriously I was crying just two hours ago because he picked a horrible name for Peanut. Then he brought me flowers and handed me a list of names, all the names he has suggested are on the "Hell No" side. I felt so guilty."

"Are they all as bad as the first couple were?"

"They're worse. I honestly think he's just making them horrid to make me laugh but today it backfired terribly."

"So are you any closer to a name?"

"No, I could just ask Luna, but that seems so wrong. Especially when I made such a fuss about her putting the damn book away."

"Totally wrong. You and Luc would miss the moment of deciding on the perfect name."

"Yeah, but I hope we find it soon because I'm making a quilt and a cot bumper set and I would love to include a name."

"Guess you don't regret knowing you're having a little girl then." Kate smiled.

"Definitely not. Speaking of girls..." Gem paused, "Kate I know you are a bit off with reading people at the moment and I didn't want to stick my nose in but..."

"Are we talking Rose or Emily?"

"I don't know anything about Rose, is she okay?"

"Yup, she's great. So you know Emily and Glen are mates then?"

"Oh good I didn't have to spill the beans. I just thought that as you are her guardian you should be in the loop."

"Us women, have it all under control and Glen is great, far more mature than I ever thought he would be. Was a real player wasn't he? Not now he's got Emily. Whatever you do don't let slip to any of the men though, you know what they're like. Luna could barely stop herself from telling me about them and what she knew, when I asked if I was imagining things. Looks like they are going to be a big thing in the years to come."

"You are handling this really well. I haven't even seen Peanut yet but seriously if she mates that young, to an older boy, I'm going to be the one having a coronary."

"Gem, have you met Luc? Lucas is never going to let a male sniff his little girl, let alone mate with her."

"Lucas is a softie and he will be fine when she mates. He's all about fate and mating and eternal love."

"Yeah sure he is. I'll remember you saying that."

"Well as long as he doesn't name her Precious Prudence I can leave the rest of our parental battles until later." Gem rolled her eyes, "Seriously, I thought Divine Destiny Donald was bad enough, but Prudence?"

"What's his fascination with double letters, PP, DD and wasn't there mention of Luciana Lavender?"

"I have given an order there will be no more names featuring double letters or names that are acronyms. He had the gall to put forward a suggestion that spelled P.T.S.D." Gem scowled at Kate who didn't quite contain a burst of laughter. "I love him but he's going to drive me crazy."

"Yeah, sorry I'm abandoning you. Luna will run interference I'm sure, and I'll be back for the wedding."

"That is going to be here before we know it."

"Did you want any of this?" Kate had finished making a smoothie and there was definitely enough for two.

"Of course."

***

Kate and Emily had arrived at her city flat hours earlier but it was now after dinner and they were only starting the unpacking. Turns out two women in the city could lose hours and have no idea where they had gone. Emily came out of her new room carrying a large box. "So Luna is okay with me moving into her room and boxing up the few things left here?"

"Ask her yourself if you don't believe me. She got most of it before, and Thorn had an Omega come and clear out anything else they thought was personal. Besides she can't come and box it up herself so you boxing it up and it getting taken with us when we go for the wedding is actually the smart option. I actually think some of that may have been there before she moved in."

"That makes sense. I can't believe I get that huge room all to myself. Did you mean it when you said I could decorate?"

"Yeah if you want paint or anything, we can grab it tomorrow."

"There is no way I'm painting over that awesome colour. I am however totally getting new curtains and some art of some kind."

"Okay so curtain shopping and some pictures, we can totally do that in one morning."

"Before you even start I am fine shopping myself, with my own funds, to makeover my own room."

"Fine Miss Independent, can I tag along just for fun?"

"Consider yourself invited as long as you don't pull the bossy parental act."

"Sister, I am never playing the 'parental act' just the sister role."

"Sooooo relieved you didn't say sister act, or I swear I'd be calling you Whoopi for the rest of the week."

"If you call me Whoopi even once, I'm going to break into impromptu snippets from the soundtrack just as you think it is safe. You won't know when, where, or even what, but I am tone deaf and I will not hold back. I'll be belting it out Emily and you'll have nowhere to run."

"I understand, I understand, the W word shall not pass my lips."

"We should totally watch Ghost this week though. I love her in that."

"Yeah right, the fact you made me watch Dirty Dancing just a week ago implies it is half naked Mr Swayze you have on your mind, not Ms Goldberg."

"If you rat me out to Aaron I am so not letting you watch anymore Tee..."

"I swear, leave Teen Wolf alone, and I won't say a word to Aaron."

Kate started laughing hard, "I still can't get over the fact your TV crush is a guy that pretends to be a werewolf, it is hilarious."

"He is not even a wolf, his friend is."

"Whatever."

"Not 'whatever' vital information you need to be aware of, if I am going to allow you to continue watching with me. If you recall, you drooled over one of those pretend wolves Kate."

"Fine I'll try to keep track of all the characters, and who is or isn't a wolf, instead of just checking out the body of the only hot one."

"There is not one 'hot one', there are multiple hot ones."

"Not for my age group there isn't cutie, and good news is the only real 'hot one' is too old for you, so is therefore all mine."

"Derek Hale is as you say all yours, now go skype your mate before I have to bring you a bib." Emily rolled her eyes before going back to her room.

"Don't know why you bothered leaving. You know he'll ask to see you." Kate called out as she opened her laptop.

"Yeah an hour after the lovey-dovey miss you stuff. Call me when that is over, I have to protect my innocence."

"Damn straight."

Kate had taken the time on the drive to discuss with her, captive audience, the fact she was aware of her mate. Though a little surprised Kate had worked it out Emily had genuinely been relieved not to need to keep it secret from her any longer. However they agreed that none of the Donald men could find out for at least a couple of years or poor Glen would live a tormented existence. Not to mention Emily would be back on pack lands so fast her head would still be spinning a year later. There would be no time for them to be friends or communicate and definitely no time alone until her twenty-first birthday.

For her part Kate had given a few mild warnings and some bits of calm, rational advice. Mostly thanks to Luna's guidance she had managed to navigate between "buddy", "sister" and "parent" without giving Emily too much rope to get herself in trouble, and without tightening it to the point the teenager would be busting free the second she had a chance. She had put forward the offer to listen if Emily ever wanted or needed to talk, and also suggested if Em needed someone a little less "parental" that Luna and Gem were both aware of the situation, and would be happy to have her see them as people she could go to.

So after a drive and a half, a massive heart to heart, and a huge catch up on all things Emily and Glen there had been no choice. They had to go out for lunch and shop all afternoon.

"Hey you." Kate spoke as soon as Aaron appeared on screen. "Feels like I haven't seen you in weeks."

"It was only three missed days of Skype, and we've talked and text baby. How are you going?"

"I can't believe how much I have to put away, I brought so much back with me, and then Em and I hit the shops today, so that means even more stuff to find homes for. Emily is setting up her room and planning a decorating trip tomorrow."

"But how are you?"

"I miss you. It feels weird being away from you and now everyone else too. I've never been away from, everyone, before. Missing you is the worst, but I could almost handle it with the girls and your family, but now..."

"We are all still with you Katie. Emily is there and the rest of us are only a call away. You don't even need the phone."

"I know but I like being able to read your texts when I'm lonely."

"Baby, you are so cute." Aaron smiled through the screen. However just as he finished speaking a ball of fluff jumped up at him.

"I think your new dog thinks you were calling him cute." Kate laughed.

"This overgrown mop only responds to food." Aaron teased as he rubbed the pup's head.

"You've taken him home Aaron. Guess that means you need to name him and get him licenced."

"Yeah, I thought I'd get the licence tomorrow. I wondered, if Emily and you wanted to help name him?"

"EMILY!"

Emily came rushing out of the room. "That was fast, is everything okay? You have finished the mushy stuff right?"

Aaron grinned at Em, "No Squirt we're leaving the mushy stuff till after I send you back to your room. How's it going in there? Better have it tidy or I'll have to take away your privileges."

"Privileges? Yeah what privileges AJ?

"Puppy naming! Meet the new family puppy." Aaron held up the cutest and most unloved looking dog Emily had ever seen.

"Get him to a groomer or at least a bath and then call me."

"Heartless Squirt, so heartless."

"I'm not even sure if he's white and really dirty or if that light brownish grey is his actual colour."

"So don't be so lacking in imagination you name him based on colour."

"Fine. Stiles."

"What?"

"Not what, who." Kate laughed. "He's from her television show."

"Best friend to a werewolf. Hey Stiles, you going to hang with us and the pack?"

As the dog barked enthusiastically it was decided, the name had been agreed to by him and both girls, Aaron was still wondering how he would explain the name Stiles to anyone that asked.

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

"Are you really worried or just going crazy missing him?"

"Gem it's only been five weeks since we got home and he's missed a few before, but now four skype sessions in a row. Of course I'm worried."

"He's still texting, and you chat right?"

"Yeah but it feels like going through the motions. Not like he's really hearing me or telling me what is going on with him."

"Kate seriously, I know you're mated now, but where did my Kate go? The strong, independent, happy, focused medical student with a heart of gold?"

"Never mind. I'll let you go."

"Don't even think about hanging up on me Missy or I am driving down to kick your ass."

"I've been home five weeks and have had ten lectures on how much I've changed. I told you and Luna it is hard adjusting to having a partner, a mate, and then before I've learned how that even works he's gone."

"He is not gone. He is building a future for himself so he can be a better mate. You should be doing the same. You wouldn't have been paired with him if he was meant to be with a girl like that."

"Like all the girls he's been with? It's what he likes. He wants to feel needed and like I can't function without him. It's what they all seem to want."

"Like hell he does. Get a clue, if he wanted a weak, whimpering, high maintenance bitch he wouldn't have mated with you. He wouldn't then have fought to work things out and plan this life changing course of action with you, so both of you could be complete. He certainly wouldn't have gone away leaving you there if he needed you at his feet every day and had no desire for you to be a doctor, have a career, a bloody purpose other than him."

"Yeah. Like Luc wants you to have Gem's Goodies but now is trying to take it over so much you barely have any say? Like Luna is the damn queen of all werewolves for the rest of time and becomes a bloody legend yet Thorn barely lets her pick up her fork without jumping to tell her how, or hold it for her?"

"We. Are. Pregnant. They will both calm down once they get used to it. Or Luna and I will have to lock them up in a safe house so we can breathe. You know they aren't like that all the time. Lucas is very supportive of my business and he has not taken over anything. Thorn pretty much defers to Luna now as much as an alpha can. You know his wolf would go crazy if he let her take the lead too often. He's a great alpha."

"I. Know. Lucas and Thorn are perfect. You and Luna are perfectly happy. Everyone else has Mating 101 down, and is now onto Perfect Families 101, and here I am perfectly miserable and unable to get anything right. I get it." Kate disconnected the call and threw the phone against the wall. "Fuck it." She saw the phone was beyond saving and decided she needed to get out. As she headed toward the door she had a sudden thought, there was only one place she needed to go. She rushed to her room and flung a few things in a bag.