Aaron's Summer of '77 Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SDR2000
SDR2000
15 Followers

"That's a 'real piece of history' there, cookie," says Adam, as the waiter comes with a cloth to clean our table.

By the time they start to flick the lights on and off to let people know the bar is closing, Adam looks over at Calla and John and Rob and then turns to me and whispers, "Honey, they all look like they're about to fall asleep. Let's get them back to the car and I think I'm gonna' drive us all back to Brockville tonight. They can be comfortable and get to sleep in their own beds when we get back. And you can sleep with me, whatdaya' say?"

"That's a good idea, Adam. Happy New Year, Sasq! It's going to be a great new year."

"Ummm, uh... Aaron, why have ya' got three of the 'same' shirt in the 'same' size in your armoire and four pairs of identical Howick jeans in the same colour?" says Adam, as he tries to shove some of his clothes into my armoire. "Honey, this just isn't gonna' work if ya' can't give up some of your space for 'my' clothes in here, honey... ya' know baby, most of my stuff went into storage at my Mom's. But, ya' just gotta' gimme' some room here for my clothes and what I moved up here with from Brockville."

"But, Adam... why did you pack every 'single' book you own and not leave some of them back at your Mom's? They're taking up all the space in the front when I come in the door and I can hardly get past them to reach for my coat and boots when I want to go outside."

It was just a week ago that Adam finished moving all of his stuff up to the apartment, except for what he still needs to finish up working for Mrs. Fullerton in February. The challenge is now to find space for everything he has, along with what I moved up in September.

"This is going to be a real problem!" I think to myself.

"OK, OK, OK... I guess we're just gonna' hafta' be patient with each other and do the best we can 'til we find somethin' bigger," says Adam, as he runs his hand through his hair and tries to shove nine shirts, six pairs of pants, five sweaters, plus his old grey suit and new sport coat into the armoire.

"I guess I 'could' take a box of yours there when you're done with it and stick some of my extra shirts and stuff in it and shove it under the bed for now. Would that help, Adam?"

"Yup... it sure would cookie. But I just gotta' hafta 'ask ya', baby... like, why in the 'fuckin' fuck' have ya' got three identical shirts? Like, I just don't 'get' that at all..."

"Because they were pretty and I liked them..."

"Oh fuck!" mutters Adam under his breath.

"What did you say, Adam?"

"Nothin' honey... nothin' at all..."

"It's frikken' twenty degrees below zero out here on the Canal, Adam! You've made me skate all the way from the National Arts Centre out to Dow's Lake! That's like more than three miles! And we had to fight the wind against us all the way! We're going to stop at Patterson's Creek on the way back for a hot chocolate and a 'Beavertail'. And you're buying too!"

"OK, honey. Heh, heh... a 'Beavertail'... heh, heh... gotta' admit, pretty weird name for a piece of pie crust with brown sugar and crap on it, eh? Like that's the closest we're ever gonna' get to a 'beaver'! Hah, hah, hah."

"Oh, I don't know... its flat and sort of looks like a beaver's tail the way they spread it out with a rolling pin and then deep-fry it."

"Wasn't exactly referring to 'that' kinda' 'beaver', there Aaron! Hah, hah, hah..."

"Hah, hah, hah! You're so 'dirty-minded' at times, you know, Adam!"

"Aaand... that's why ya' love ' me', cookie! Heh, heh. Now, c'mon and move those cute buns! I'll race ya' back to Patterson's Creek!"

"It's really nice they have fire logs burning in those metal drum things at the rest stops along the Canal. The smell of wood smoke, along with the coloured lights and music at the concession stands is pretty. I'm anxious for 'Winterlude' to start at the end of January. The ice sculptures that volunteer groups do up for charity on Dow's Lake are supposed to be beautiful. We sure never had anything like this back in Brockville, that's for sure!"

"Yup... sure is, cookie. We're lucky to be living so close to the Canal. And these new skates ya' got me for Christmas... well... I can skate rings around ya'!" says Adam, as he laughs and skates backwards around me, dodging and weaving and spinning around.

"It's not a competition, Adam!"

"Nope... I'm guessin' not. Given the way you skate there, baby! Hah, hah, hah..."

"Oh! You bastard! Just wait until I catch you!"

And the game of tag continues all the way down until we get in front of the Colonel By Campus and our tiny, little apartment on Argyle!

SDR2000
SDR2000
15 Followers
12